Is it tacky to throw your own baby shower?

I don’t really have any family, or friends for that matter. I have a few people from work. I consider friends, and that’s it. I was just talking to my future sister-in-law about having a baby shower in mid-April and how I didn’t understand why her mom would throw out that the sister is planning it and not me. The sister-in-law said, “Because it’s really trashy and tacky to plan your own baby shower. I’ll plan the games for it, but that’s it.” If you don’t have anyone to throw one for you, do you honestly think it’s trashy or tacky to plan your own baby shower…?

51 Likes

I had to plan my own… My own family never thought of it…

No it wouldn’t be. My best friend threw hers

No and I think that women that shame other women like that are the trashy and tacky ones.

22 Likes

Wtf lol thats the dumbest shit ive ever heard im sorry lol
Im a first time mom.
And i planned my own baby shower. Some Family helped in different ways.

No it’s not trashy or tacky. I’m sorry you were made to feel like that. If no one else is doing it, then by all means go ahead. I mean I never really felt anyone was actually throwing one. It was just a baby shower.

I dont think so at the end of the day it’s for the baby not for you

1 Like

No, your sister in law sounds like the trashy one. It’s your baby and you do whatever you want.

3 Likes

Nope not trashy or tacky…
If I decide to have one I’ll be throwing my own :grin:

1 Like

There is no rules for nothing party’s get togethers . If you wan to make one I’m sure everyone will understand. And go and have a good time . I don’t have fam and friends either . And I’m pregnant . I don’t think any one is going to throw me a baby shower never have … I don’t plan on having one . But if I did I’d make it my self and invite people …

3 Likes

Good day everyone, am here to testify about the greatest spiritual healer that helped me believe in life again after my husband had left me for another woman.
Life has been so difficult for me these past few months and I had given up on myself knowing that I will not find love or true happiness again. My husband left me for another woman of whom he was working with at the same station and this really left me with no more reason to live and i even once had thought of giving up on my own life but decided to give myself another chance to live, so i decided to contact my elder sister and tell her of what i was going through. My elder sister told me to contact Mama TINA after Mama TINA helped her bring back her husband who had left her for one year and went and stayed with another woman but when Mama TINA did a love spiritual for her, the husband came back in 2 days and from that time they are so happy and so in love and we all see it. So my sister sat me down one day and talked to me as woman, to woman and told me I should do everything in my power to get my boyfriend back because he had also broken up with me after I caught him with another woman. I was so hurt when I knew my boyfriend was having an affair with another woman but my sister told me not to cry and be strong and that if I still love my man I should make sure I get him back from that woman. I contacted Mama TINA and told her my problem and she made a love and binding prayer for me and in one day of the prayers my boyfriend called me and begged for my forgiveness and promised never to hurt me again. We are back together so much in love and recently he proposed to me and we are getting married soon. I thank u Mama TINA for doing a strong love spiritual prayer you made for me.
You can call or whats-app Mama TINA on +27673788758 in case you need any spiritual help for am sure many of you out there are in this same situation or even worse.

2 Likes

How to the NO if you want 1 throw 1 don’t even see the big point in them apart from yum food good company &things to help get bub started all the best tho :revolving_hearts:

1 Like

Yes! Do not throw your own baby shower!!

10 Likes

Not trashy at all i threw my own shower if it is something you want to do i say go for it!

1 Like

No I don’t I have been pregnant 2 times the first time the person backed out . So I never had one then.
The 2nd time another person didn’t come threw . For the day that was planned and I had some family coming out of town . So I had to throw it together last min in a garage . If I was to have another one I would think about throwing one . But I honestly have no one that is close to me family or friend wise . To have one

1 Like

No it’s not tacky at all! Do it, you care more about your baby! You’re your own best friend! This way do what you want! :kissing_heart::sweat_smile:

Not tacky at all , she sounds bitter . I organized my own baby shower , my mom wanted to do one but I’m sure she would have left a lot of people out that I wanted to invite

Awe I’m so sorry they said to u wow that’s brutal!!! It sure isnt and any woman who feels the need to plan their own baby shower should he commended!!! To bad they didnt step up like real family hun!!! I’d throw u one!!!

1 Like

No absolutely not. I was made to believe this for my first kid, and was in tears (thanks hormones) at 30 weeks cause none of my friends were planning one… my amazing husband contacted a mutual friend and asked her if she’d help him throw me one.

This time, I’m planning my own with the help of an amazing new friend. Of course now I’ve had to deal with people shaming me cause it’s trashy to have one for a second child cause “you already have everything leftover from the first”… not after 9 bloody years I dont :roll_eyes:

There is always gonna be someone out there quick to tell you you’re doing the wrong thing, especially as a parent. Stuff them, and do what makes you happy. I hope you have an amazing baby shower :heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

Of course not. You can do anything you want for your baby.

I planned my first baby shower and I’m planning my second as well … I’m a control freak :woman_shrugging: lol

What’s tacky and trashy is her thought process…

5 Likes

I planned my own baby shower. I don’t see anything wrong with it.

I decorated and planned my own babyshower. So you should to

Nope I planned my own.

baby showers are meant to celebrate the fact that youre having a baby. If you wanna throw your own baby shower then do it your the one whos carrying the baby around for 9 monthes but really almost 10

I planned everything for mine and my mom and mother in law paid for it!

I did my own baby shower :woman_shrugging:t4:

No it’s not tacky or trashy. I would rather plan it myself.

Never planned my own

I was going to do my own and my nanna had a fit and told my mom to do it… as far as my nanna knows my mom did it but I actually did it all and a friend printed the game sheets for me

I don’t think I’d ever let anyone throw me a shower.
I like things very particular.
I’m on baby #4 and I’ve always done every detail and set up of my showers

No my sister n i planned the first one (tech i did because it was my 1st one and i was being a little controlling about it but she helped lol i love her for it n not freaking out about my controlling) n i was going to have a second one but it never happened.

Hispanics do it all the time, not tacky!

I was going to throw my own, but then I got caught up in work and trying to make it to the next day that I was just relaxing with my grandpa running errons on my day off. thinking nothing of it as I was pushed to go with him but I liked getting out of the house. next thing I know that when we got back to the house (i was staying with my grandparent) there it was, a surprise baby shower for my first daughter, with the colors I wanted (even though I hated pink, I picked pink and green jungle). some close family.

my mother and SIL took the info I had started with and told my mom an finished putting it together.

completely surprised me

My mom told me she was throwing me one, but I helped plan it :woman_shrugging: not tacky !

Plan away! They sound bitter. You most definitely can plan your own shower. its your baby, so really you can choose how to celebrate whether its pre-arrival of baby or even after the birth of the baby.

1 Like

Yep … you just want presents

1 Like

I had a girl my first pregnancy & this time im having a boy & was planning on throwing myself like the tiniest ‘baby sprinkle’ just so that this little guy was celebrated too and my sisters found out I was gonna do it myself & they took over so no not tacky or trashy!! Im sorry you have noone :frowning:

My husband and I threw out own. We don’t have much family so someone had to do it

2 Likes

It’s tacky and trashy that they won’t throw you a shower!

8 Likes

I threw both of my baby showers because noone else would have.

I wouldn’t even invite the sister in law…what a …not nice lady

1 Like

We had 3 kids not 1 had a baby shower cause a few family members said they would never happened. So we threw our own. Plus it’s like your giving them their 1st party to celebrate them

Is this your first baby?
If so, somebody should definitely throw it for you.
If it’s your second or third you don’t and shouldn’t need one.
IF anything maybe have a small lunch party and ask for diapers.
I’m a firm believer in “you should only throw a baby shower for your first”

3 Likes

I threw my own… right after my family threw one for my sister.

I help with mine and I don’t have that many but it did show who was actually there cuz we invite 25 ppl and I think there was 10 and 3 ppl showed up and they go the invite less then a week of known about it

It’s not trashy or tacky. For the most part, my sisters may have thrown me mine but I got all the decorations and games and food etc

How is it trashy? Lol its fine, its even better bc you get to do things the way you like them…

3 Likes

Why would it be tacky? Is it tacky to throw your kids a birthday party? A baby shower is basically the same thing but it’s done in preparation for the new arrival

3 Likes

Screw what anyone else thinks and just do you. There will always be some judgemental person trying to gossip about you or put you down to try and make themselves feel better than you because they lack their own self esteem. Do what you want and what you think is best. No matter what you decide there will be someone who disagrees so just follow your own heart and make the decisions you can live with.:heavy_heart_exclamation:

I threw my own baby shower. :woman_shrugging:t2: what an outdated mindset to consider something like that tacky :roll_eyes: you go mama!

1 Like

There is nothing wrong with it at all and I wouldn’t invite either of them for being so nasty about it - every new baby deserves celebration no matter who does it - let your few friends at work know about and invite them who knows they may even get together with you and help out - it’s a day to celebrate a new addition to the family so go for it sweetie and leave their negativity behind.

I planned my sister in law’s baby shower, am planning my sister’s baby shower and hosting my other sister in law’s gender reveal. Your sister in law should have stepped up because clearly she has way to much time on her hands to be making such biased judgements. If no one is going to throw it for you, YES plan and throw it for yourself and your growing family!!! Congratulations, wishing you all al the best :heart:

14 Likes

No it’s not trashy, it’s a celebration of a new life arriving. It should be fully celebrated by you and anyone close to you. It’s unfortunate that people can put a negative spin on such a wonderful time in a womans life.

7 Likes

My sister’s helped me but I basically did everything & paid for everything. Trashy didn’t even come to mind when I did it. I thought it was normal to have a baby shower regardless of if you did it on your own or not.

3 Likes

I’ve never had a baby shower. No one threw me one and i never thought of doing myself. That being said, i say plan away mama

6 Likes

Have your own!!! There is NOTHING TACKY OR TRASHY ABOUT YOU CELEBRATING THE BIRTH OF YOUR CHILD!!

9 Likes

I threw my own first baby shower and a couple people chipped in with ideas and some money. My 2nd baby shower I started planning it and my best friend and sis in law took over but i still made sure everything was in order and was part of the planning because i panic about things not getting done or turning out :rofl::joy: not tacky or trashy at all! If they have an issue I’d tell them to be your guest and plan it themselves :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Its trashy that neither of them are throwing it for you and that’s it.

10 Likes

I personally do not think its trashy/tacky to throw your own baby shower. That being said, there are a lot of judgmental biotches who do think it is. They’re the same judgmental biotch who thinks a baby shower for your second baby (regardless of gender or how long its been) is unnecessary and greedy. Dont listen to them, if you want to celebrate your baby, do it.

2 Likes

My mom helped me throw myself a baby shower… Then when I had baby number 2 everybody kept asking me when I was having another baby shower… Ummm when someone else decides they want to step up and throw one? I felt shitty enough about throwing my own shower the first time, I wasn’t going to do it again. And this is exactly why. Too many people treated me like it was tacky to throw my own. Kept asking me why someone else wasn’t doing it. Because no one else cared enough? Shit, Idk! I hate people. Hypocritical and rude as hell.

I’ve planned both my baby showers :woman_shrugging:t3: I’m too picky to have someone else plan it

1 Like

I didn’t have a baby shower for my first but my partner and I will be having one in a few months time for my second , I don’t have much family or friends but my partner has , I don’t see what the problem is getting other people to host it, it’s your choice no one else’s you have it the way you want it ,don’t listen to anyone else xo

Do it. I didn’t get one because my pregnancy suddenly ended at 33+0 on my birthday. Now 3.5.

I threw my own baby shower.

Parents do it all the time now.

I threw my own because i’m a control freak and love to plan parties. :joy::woman_shrugging:t4:

There is nothing trashy or tacky about it . You have a trash mother-in-law if she trynna give all the credit of the shower to your sister-in-law and all she is doing is the games . Throw your own baby shower sis and let EVERYONE know that YOU are the one WHO DID ALL THE WORK AND PAID FOR IT .

8 Likes

My mother-in-law and father-in-law threw my shower . But my mother-in-law ended taking the money from the box :woman_facepalming:

3 Likes

I threw my own. It was super nice

If the mother in law feels that way why doesn’t she do it or better yet me speaking she could not Even be invited just my opinions

I threw my own and had family to do it. They all helped make everything but I set the date and whatnot

I’ve never even paid any attention to who threw the baby shower. Does it matter??? I’ve been to many baby showers and never once asked who was throwing it. That’s just weird to me.

2 Likes

I threw my own and tbh everything was how I wanted it :blush:

1 Like

No sweetie. You do you.

1 Like

I’m doing my own wedding without help from my maid of honour

Pfft. I threw mine. They can call me trashy all they want. :joy:Bit horrible of them to say that if they’re not willing to throw one for you either, though.

I never had a baby shower, I never had anyone offer either

2 Likes

I threw my own! I knew what I wanted and did it. My friends made the food but that’s it. I deff made my money back with all the gifts we got

I’d cancel the shower out of spite. Then just send out birth announcements and in the announcement you can say something like "anyone wishing to bless the new baby is welcome to visit

I planned my own because it was Harry Potter theme and no one in my family is into that lol. Family helped make and buy stuff tho. Abd decorate.

You do what you want, you don’t need anything to tell you what’s right or what’s wrong.

Throw one and say is your fiance is throwing it for you. Bonus you get to pick out everything

My husband paid and organized my baby shower with a little help from my MIL. really wish it would’ve been different. I was very happy my husband, dad, and brothers showed up, cause I’m the only sister and daughter. (Ppl bitched about guys being there but my heart was whole and i needed my guys). My own mom didn’t show. So whatever makes you happy, do it. Even if it isn’t everyone’s cup of tea

I had nobody to throw me one, my family never mentioned it… my Mother flatly refused when I asked her. When I had my fifth Bub, I was determined not to miss out and threw my own :woman_shrugging:t2:

What’s trashy is to tell another woman she can’t throw her own baby shower because of some stupid made up rule

3 Likes

I think people just do it themselves these days. It’s not tacky or trashy.

1 Like

I planned 2 separate baby showers for each of my two kids now. None of my friends stepped up or were able to. My family is not much of planners. So yeah. I did.

Me and my mom planned both of mine

Not trashy or tacky. Do your thing it’s your baby. Can’t one of your friends at work do it

I did mine myself. Throw your own so it’s what you want!

Me and my mom planned mine. I dont feel like its tacky at all especially when you have no one who can or wants to even participate. They’re tacky for not wanting to help you more :woman_shrugging:

No it isn’t tacky , what’s tacky is people being selfish towards you in saying that to you. You do what you like and if your friends from work do arrive then it’s great and if your family pass comment just let them talk to the hand as the face ain’t listening, your baby your day and hopefully your partner will help.

My love. Plan it. How you want. With who you want . Enjoy the occasion as it’s a day to share with only people that matter about welcoming yourself baby. Embrace it my love .

I didn’t do it for me and nobody threw one for me. I made a welcome/gender reveal party instead. Maybe she said that cause itll look like you’re demanding people to give your baby some gifts.

No.
It’s your party you do what you want.

No i say its better.you do what you want as long as your happy

It’s not tacky at all. I did mine and it was amazing. My mum helped me alot coz she’s super crafty and clever and legit none of my friends could have ever done something so amazing and all my friends loved the afternoon haha.

People plan their own weddings, so why not?

2 Likes