Is it to early to take a pregnancy test?

Don’t go get birth control. Go get an education about sex. I hope this post is fake. Good Lord. You don’t need to tell us. Just go get a freaking test. :woman_shrugging:t3::woman_shrugging:t3::woman_shrugging:t3:

4 Likes

It can take quite a while for periods to regulate and things after birth are not always what they were prior to getting pregnant meaning bleeding may be your new normal. Chances are you’re not pregnant and if you’re that terrified of becoming pregnant again then you need to do something to prevent it such as condoms and/or birth control. Otherwise you’ll end up pregnant again even if you aren’t pregnant now.

2 Likes

Shes exclusively breastfeeding and birth control can mess with the milk supply,I would definitely be using condoms

1 Like

If you are bleeding you are probably not pregnant. It takes a long time to go back to normal after having a baby especially if you’re breastfeeding. You should expect your period to be very inconsistent. If you don’t have a period next month then take a test to be sure. Otherwise you should probably consider birth control to avoid an unwanted pregnancy.

1 Like

If u don’t want to be pregnant keep your legs shut or use birth control. Geez are some of these questions for real or does somebody sit back and make up shit to keep a feed going.

How can you actually post this, you could have saved her from the comments here, and asked her to go seek help for her doctor.
Otherwise this is just promoting bullying from women. When women shame eachother, that’s a special sort of stupidity. Grow up people.

4 Likes

After a year of Broken marriage, my lover left me with one kid, I felt like ending it all, i almost committed suicide because she left us with nothing, i was emotionally down all this while. Thanks to a spell caster called Dr pascal which i met online who brought my Lover back to me. On one faithful day, as I was browsing through the internet, I came across several of testimonies about Dr pascal Some people testified that he brought their Ex lover so I gave a try and it ended well you can also contact him via email. drmaxwelcare@gmail. com or via WhatsApp+2349039343473

2 Likes

Cycles are usually off for a while, especially while breastfeeding. I always ovulate 12 days after the first day of my five day cycle. I’m also always a perfect 28 days for each one. If it were me, I’d test when it gets closer to March.

1 Like

Wow…she just wanted advice not to be criticized. I’m unfollowing and suggest she find a group who actually supports women and every milestone of motherhood. Ridiculous. Not like one or two of us haven’t been there.

9 Likes

There’s always a chance to get pregnant from unprotected sex, even if you’re exclusively breastfeeding. If you don’t want to get pregnant back to back, you need to use bc or some type of protection. Good luck

3 Likes

I mean…there are ways to prevent pregnancy… If he came you, youre probably pregnant.

1 Like

The fact is your not going to know until you take a pregnancy test .

Call your doctor! I have a brother exactly 10 months younger, so anything is possible.

This has to be a joke :eyes::joy::woman_facepalming:t2:

2 Likes

Just an FYI with it without your period you still ovulate while breastfeeding. So even if your period didn’t come back you can still get pregnant

4 Likes

Breastfeeding is not contraception :neutral_face: please tract your periods on an app.

1 Like

Id have been scared of precum but thats just me.

Is your bleeding light? If so, and it stops, take a test

1 Like

You can also get pregnant from pre cum aswell

2 Likes

Why are you tempting fate? Make him wear a condom and take a pregnancy test now and probably next month too. Wtf

3 Likes

I had to go to the hospital when I stated bleeding. Turns out I burst something on my cervix when having too rough of sex :rofl::skull:

Dollar tree pregnancy tests accurate and only a dollar. Buy 10 to 15 of em check your self every 2 to 5 days.

Take a test…cant hurt. Dollar store even sells them.

Everybody is different, I pumped and never had a period until I started to stop. I Also got pregnant right after my first period after I began to stop breastfeeding my first.

Your periods will not return to normal right away, especially breastfeeding! I’m sure you are fine!

1 Like

I exclusively bf and didn’t have a period with my wee one and ended up pregnant there is 14 months between them. I exclusively bf throughout the pregnancy also. I would take the test and maybe 1 next month too just to be sure. Hope you get the result your hoping for x

Wtf are you doing!? If you don’t want another kid use contraception ffs.

6 Likes

We don’t know what bleeding it would be, every pregnancy is different but I also knew with my last 3 kids around 4 weeks (few days before missed period), just wait till after your missed period or if you track it take a dollar store test and test 2 days before, dollar store tests are what they use in the Dr offices and that’s all I used to test after my first born… Why pay 8 bucks to pee on a stick?

Apparently you don’t have a clue how to wait until your body is healed after giving birth. This is just doggish

5 Likes

Why wouldnt you get yourself on the pill, have an implant or something before sexy time? I got myself on the depo injection 3 weeks after I had my son… Because I dont want another. Get a test and sort out some contraceptive before ya next bump uglies, brest feeding and pulling out is not the way either…

2 Likes

If you’re that frightened about being pregnant why are you not on birth control?:woman_facepalming:t3:

3 Likes

Wtf its called a condom

1 Like

It could be bleeding from all of the sex. Plus your periods aren’t normal for a long time. Wait a few weeks and then test.

It would be to early to tell if it was a lot on vday. You are extremely fertile breastfeeding or not after having a baby. I got pregnant with my daughter when my other daughter was 2 months old. If you’re not wanting another baby right now, I would wait of course to see if you are pregnant and then I would Get on some type of birth control that you can use while breast feeding. Good luck to you :heartpulse:

1 Like

You delivered a baby less than 2 months ago. You’re body is still healing and will continue to heal for a while, up to a year I believe to fully be back to normal. So my guess is that you are still experiencing postpartum bleeding. It’s common to bleed on and off for at least 6 weeks, sometimes longer. And the lots of sex can make the bleeding start again. Have you had your 6week check up and been cleared? Look at birth control options

12 Likes

Give your body some time to regulate its self. I’ve hav postpartum bleeding stop cemetery then come back. May not even be a period. BUT you are extra fertile after giving birth so be careful if a pregnancy is not what you want

2 Likes

My sister and I are 11months apart do the math lol my mom went to get her tubes tied and found out she was pregnant for me I’d take 5 and another few through the next few days I would be so nervous (I have a terrible 3 year old and want no more kiddos )

1 Like

Ignore any rude comments, buy a test and take it if your worried, if it’s positive…then you will know and if it’s negative… no harm done. I went straight onto birth control after both of my kids, so I’m not completely sure but I believe I remember being told that your cycle can be erratic when it comes back especially if your nursing. I don’t have either of my Fallopian tubes or a cervix and I still get paranoid that I’m pregnant sometimes. It happens. You are not alone. If you aren’t wanting to get pregnant again right now then definitely take precautions, birth control or condoms or whatever works for you, but don’t believe the myth that you can’t get pregnant while nursing/pumping or that you can’t get pregnant for so many(insert random number) of weeks after giving birth. You very much so can get pregnant again. Best wishes!

P.s. if you have a dollar tree near you, their pregnancy tests are $1 and are just as accurate as the more expensive ones, I actually brought one to my first OB check up with my first kid and it literally looked the same and the test they used in the office to “confirm”.

4 Likes

I did a pregnancy test two weeks after sex cuz I felt different (at that time I was only having my period ONCE PER YEAR!) and it came back positive. :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Yes it would be possible to be pregnant, my 5th and 6th children are just 10 months apart. I will say it is more likely that you’re bleeding because your body is trying to regulate itself from just having a baby and sex does not help that process usually. Breastfeeding can also cause very irregular bleeding too. It’s likely too early to test right now based off your last period. I would say to wait until closer to when your period would normally be due and then test. I would definitely recommend birth control or condoms if you want to keep having sex but don’t want to get pregnant again.

5 Likes

Darling lots of us have been caught up in the moment at some time. However, beastfeeding should never be relied on for contraception. You would not get an implantation bleed that quickly. If you are worried pump. And freeze then take morning after pill you are still in time. Then go back to feeding once its ok then either make your partner use condoms or get contraception for you sorted asap.

17 Likes

Ok sounds like you need to see your doctor and get on birth control there are options safe to use while nursing. It’s most likely nothing and your body still healing and your cycle may not be regular yet so no guarantee it will come when you expect. This is why I say best to see doctor about birth control. Puts your mind at ease and can be sure there’s no more scares, and that your definitely not pregnant again.

1 Like

It could just be a regularity do to your hormones trying to get back in place, it could be that your cervix was not quite ready for all that sex, and it could be from ovulation because every now and then I have bled a little during ovulation. If you go buy based off of when period Was and if you are late take a test just to be sure

2 Likes

Such negative comments i thought moms and women in general were supposed to just support and not judge one another. No judgment here what so ever my 1st 2 babies were 15 months apart I only breast fed as well. Once you have a baby your cycle and life as you know it will change. Every baby after that things will change more as well. If you are concerned see your doc. Good luck to you

29 Likes

Your periods are not likely going to be “normal” in any sense of the word right now. Pregnancy is always possible whether exclusively breastfeeding or not, periods or not.

5 Likes

Not to add to your scare. My sister in law went through the same thing. Went in for her 6 week and found out she was pregnant again.

1 Like

I wouldnt panic yet when I was breastfeeding and started having my period again it was very irregular at first. Get on birth control and wait to test until when you should be having your next period

1 Like

I will say in my experience when I was pumping and not exclusively breastfeeding that my period was very irregular. I even got it twice in one month. So it could just be your cycle hasn’t regulated yet. But if you are worried go get tested. If you aren’t pregnant, maybe look at some form of birth control. It is not good for your body to have another baby so close.

15 Likes

Buy a test and then get on some birth control. I loved the IUD.

6 Likes

You should have waited longer if it keeps up see.the doctor I sure hope you’re not pregnant so soon good luck it takes two to tango

5 Likes

I had 2 children in the same year, so yes it is possible, don’t stress, get a pregnancy test, it’s never to early to be sure if yes or no. I will pray for you.

Girl, go on and buy you a double stroller, you’re going to need it. Trust me, my last two aren’t even a year apart in age. :joy:

16 Likes

I used the pull out method when I was younger…my son will be 45 this year! Don’t believe it works!:roll_eyes: Good luck, get a test to ease your mind…and use some sort of protection! Let your body heal!

It’s not uncommon for people to have “Irish twins” babies born within a year of each other. Also ignore negative comments, your body is still hormonal which includes sexual desire. It happens. Don’t be scared, take a test and if you’re pregnant get excited to know your babies will grow up best friends

3 Likes

I’m not trying to be rude…but you’re scared to death but didn’t protect yourself? :woman_shrugging: Just wait to see if you miss your period and take a test if needed.

1 Like

It could be breakthrough. But breastfeeding is not birth control. When in doubt, always buy a test

4 Likes

It’s possible that your body just hasn’t regulated yet…BUT I’ve always been told that you are far more fertile and likely to get pregnant again within the 1st year after giving birth so please make sure you use protection or BC if you don’t want two in diapers at the same time. The doctor, I’m sure, went over all that and even offered BC at your 6 week check up.

2 Likes

Too many to read.
i know for a fact you can get pregnant as soon as weeks after giving birth.
I would strongly suggest when in doubt go bak to ur doctor to know for sure. Then, if not. birth control. Im very very picky when it comes to that. I more satisfied with the implant in my arm(don’t remember the name)

Why is everyone being so harsh. The woman asked if it was to soon to take a test. She didn’t ask for your opinions on HER FEELINGS. If you think it happened before vday then you can probably take a test for early detection. If you think you might be from vday then its definitely to early. Pull out and breastfeeding are not forms of BC. After having a baby your body changes sooo much. Periods can change from what was light to now heavy and the number of days. Your body needs time to get regulated again.

4 Likes

I would say buy a test. Nobody here is going to know your body and asking here will just give you opinion A or opinion B.

Just take a test then your question and fear is answered right then and there

5 Likes

Also… if you don’t want to be pregnant don’t have sex or use a condom… call me crazy but I don’t know why people like to okay baby roulette

4 Likes

Here’s an idea…obviously this woman is panicking…how about the “women” commenting not be rude condescending assholes. Hmmm? That’d be nice. If you can’t answer her specific question…move along!!!
If I were you I would take a test to ease your mind. And retest in a couple weeks, because I think it is too early, but it will mentally help you to see that - sign

3 Likes

My daughter got pregnant while she was breastfeeding. Breastfeeding is not a form of birth control.
Yes it’s possible to get pregnant so soon. Get a test done.

3 Likes

Breastfeeding does not stop you from getting pregnant you are very fertile after having a baby. Take a test? Wear condoms & get on bc if you are going to be sexually active and don’t want another baby right now.

2 Likes

It’s probably too soon for a test but you could get a multi pack and keep testing until then for peace of mind. Talk to your doctor about birth control or use condoms from now on. Getting pregnant while breastfeeding happens often.

2 Likes

Buy a test and just know that breast-feeding does not work as birth control even if you don’t have a period yet I was breast-feeding 2 times (different babies) when I got pregnant w their siblings…

1 Like

Implantation bleeding is very light. Like spotting. I had that with this pregnancy. Just when you wipe. It doesn’t sound like you’re pregnant tho. You wouldn’t be bleeding heavily if you were

Yes. It’s too early for a test to come back positive from Valentine’s day. Use birth control at all times if you dont want to get pregnant. A new baby will slip in crazy easily and fast after the birth of a baby.

I have 2 nieces that were born in the same year 1 late January and the other in early December. Its possible cause precum also has sperm in it so. I’d get a double pack of tests and take 1 then wait and take the other on a later date. Just to be safe. Good luck

Sometimes its still postpartum bleeding where if you do too much after you stopped bleeding the first time you can bleed again. It could also be irregular periods/spotting its been 2 years for me and my period still isnt normal so I just gave up and put Xs on the calender when I get it

I would say its still its bleeding from giving birth. I waited 12 weeks for my period with 5th child and i didnt breast feed at all.

Too soon to tell. It was only a few days ago. I know breastfeeding is supposed to help you not get pregnant, but there have been people who have gotten pregnant again doing it. You could’ve been ovulating on Valentines Day, but too soon to tell. Maybe schedule appt with Ob if bleeding continues or at least a phone call to ease your mind.

I seriously nervous for you I remember those days after giving birth thinking I was pregnant after the second birth one of us had to get something done to prevent pregnancies and my husband decide to get a vasectomy after the second baby :pray::pray::pray:

As many have stated breastfeeding is not birth control…it is a bit early to test and you may not have enough of the hormones indicating pregnancy present to have accuracy. I would buy a test and wait until closer to your next expected period to test. Breastfeeding does cause irregular periods so just because you don’t get one it won’t mean you are pregnant. If you are not wanting to get pregnant again at this time you need to look into birth control options that work for you (condoms being the easiest to implement immediately

I will add and i really hope you see this. After i had my baby my hcg levels were still up when i got blood drawn. Just use protection cause who really knows at this point.

If you are this scared about pregnancy, you should probably be on birth control. Breast feeding does not equal birth control. You just had a baby, having rough sex is going to cause bleeding. And yes it is way too early to show on a pregnancy test if you would have just had your period.

You’ll never know if you don’t take a test :woman_shrugging: I know you’re scared, but it’s been done and done well before. Irish twins are a lot of work but really really awesome. If you find that you’re test is negative… give your body some time to heal. Use protection, including but not limited to some sort of contraception (or more than 1, to be on the safe side). Either way, breathe deep, and remember you got this :+1:t3:

Didn’t I read she had an “implant” so an iud? Your period might not be the same date as before. It could be random. Like months apart.

Sound alike you want to get pregnant, imo. Also, how are you not sore? That’s super impressive!

1 Like

Depends on your bodies horomones. My first one…all negatives until 6 weeks pregnant. My 2nd one…I was 3 weeks pregnant with a HUGE positive.

I have two kids less than a year apart they’re the same age for 13 days so um take a pregnancy test to make you feel better.

I bled sporadically after I gave birth it took 6 months to get back to normal. No stress it’s probably nothing.

I was still bleeding from birth 2 days after it. Who knows…you didn’t even give yourself time to heal!

Let me just say my children are 12 months apart. After you have a child you are very very fertile. I got the shot after my second kid before I even left the hospital.

You can test 5 days before your period is due. Sounds like your hormones are just being waky. But a test will tell you.

First- use protection, secondly- just because you had your 1st cycle after giving birth, DOES NOT mean they will be regular again immediately, it can take awhile.
Make an appt, they will do a pregnancy test and then set you up with a good birth control. Goodluck!

When i breast fed i never had cycles. Its natures way of natural birth control. It’s rare but can happen. And ive had 8 kids back to back. Usually when you start your cycle that means your body is healed its why you can become pregnant again. Whatever it is. If god wants allows it, it will happen. Ive had a few birth control babies. Lol

I got pregnant 1 month after having my son. It happens, take a test.

1 Like

Could just be a period… if it’s more than spotting that’s most likely. You aren’t regular yet most likely. Just buy a test.

1 Like

Go get a test, it shouldn’t be to early. Buy one that says 7-10 days before missed periods…

2 Likes

You need some birth control or condoms because pulling out will have you knocked up again. Be safe!

I bled for a few months after my first baby and just when I thought it was over it’d come back the next day heavier than it was before.

Lot of Dr. would like woman that just had baby’s to wait for a year to become pregnant again. Some Dr will not take you if you get pregnant too soon. My sister had a baby in 2016 and her dr say the some thing I told her and she got pregnant too soon and had it the some year and her Dr would not take her. She was going through lots of problems with her 2 pregnant. I just had my 6 child in Oct of last year and im on birth control but I have my hubby use rubber too.

Honestly it’s likely to early to show in a test. You could test but I’d wait a week then do it

Feb 3 was your period so, if you have a 28 day cycle your fertile window would be 13th- around the 17th or 18th. So, yes it’s possible but implantation bleeding doesn’t usually happen until weeks 4-6.

It is to early for a test to show accurately.

1 Like

Anything is possible my younger sister had a baby and less than 6 weeks later was pregnant again

How and I don’t mean to sound rude, but sex that soon, I could not no way. Months and months lol good luck!

Nothing is 100% effective from pregnancy except absentance sooo…take the test. Take it again. If you’re really concerned go to your dr.

If you are breast feeding you have to be careful what birth control you use. But if you are afraid I would just take a test.