Is it weird for a toddler to be naked while potty training?

Persons thinking it’s inappropriately may have issues…

2 Likes

I couldn’t keep clothes on mine it didn’t matter who was there she was ripping them off and streaking through the house didn’t matter if she was potty training didn’t matter what she was doing she hated clothes and diapers… I just let her run naked… Was easier than fighting to put clothes on her… It did help potty train her very quickly though because she loved underwear! So after a couple weeks of streaking I finally got her to at least streak through the house in underwear…she’s 13 now …lol And she turned out fine and nothing bad ever happened!
I wouldn’t question it Id just go with it :purple_heart:

1 Like

My grandchildren went pantless in their own home. It’s perfectly normal.

Thats how we did it for our son. He was potty trained a month after turning 2. He just turned 4 and i have to make him wear clothes at home lol

Completely normal for them to be naked. Don’t even know why you’d be made to feel like it isn’t :confused:

Anyone who said your naked child in their own home is inappropriate, should never be allowed in your home or near your child again

10 Likes

My girls ran around in the shirts and undies when potty training

All. The. Time :crazy_face::laughing: they’re almost 7 now, so those days are over

Let that baby run free lol it’s the easiest way to potty train and honestly if anyone has a problem with it oh well. It’s your home, they don’t have to come over.

4 Likes

My kids are older and still run around in just underwear at home. It’s their home, their safe place. If we’re somewhere else, then they’re clothed, but we let them be free at home. If someone finds it weird then they’re not the kind of people who need to be around.

2 Likes

Nothing is weird unless someone is making it weird yal so do what you gotta do for your children you do not need anyone’s validation .

3 Likes

Umm took me 3 days to potty train this way night and day … it’s just me and my boy in the house but I still don’t see it being inappropriate if siblings and other parent in the house u do what u feel is best for your child and what works for u. everyone has their own thoughts and opinions at all times and that’s fine but doesn’t always mean their right and your not :woman_shrugging:

Do what is necessary for you and your child to help with this stage. Mine did, and it was easier to potty train them. Besides spring and summer is about to be here and they will be trying to streak any way.

Just put a long shirt on them so they don’t get cold

It’s your house your rules - let the lil’ one be free. Better now then a streaker in college. :wink:

2 Likes

Gosh… we lived at the end of a dead end road when my oldest was potty training, the house, the yard he ran everywhere naked :woman_facepalming:t3::rofl:

This is how I potty trained my son. It wasn’t weird at all. If someone is uncomfortable with a naked child, they need to leave your house with their ugly thoughts or their life trauma. It’s so much easier potty training when they are bare. Underwear gives them a sense of having a diaper on. Once they get going to the potty down. Then, we worked on undies.

From a Mom that’s been through their toddler stripping and literally running around naked, I understand. The toddlers seem to be very happy to be unclothed and running around and playing with their toys in the nude. See nothing wrong with it but we must coach them to get clothed for GP.

I potty trained all my boys (3 of them so far) naked! Its easy for them and you. Took 3 day…max!

My kid was always in her birthday suit while we potty trained her. So much easier, any one who is upset by it is a little suspicious. :thinking:

There is a whole naked training technique. Works great. Google it and show them. It’s not weird, it’s a proven technique

I’m naked all the time :rofl: let her be haha

Completely normal!!!

Nope not weird at all that’s how my second son learned how to potty train nothing wrong with being naked in your own home

My child is about to be 4 and he still insists on being in his birthday suit when at home using the restroom. :heart:

Mines 8, she still gets naked when downloading :joy::joy:

I was was told the same thing…. Guess what? Don’t come over problem salved

3 Likes

Completely normal for that age

Is this a joke🤯 both my daughter’s 2 & 3 spend more time out of clothes than they do in them when they’re at home, the only ‘weird’ thing is anyone who thinks that’s weird.

4 Likes

Heyy man. If it’s easier for the kid to be running around naked to go pee and poop in the big kid toilet, then let them be free. If someone in the family is saying it’s weird, remove that person immediately.

Everything toddlers do is weird. No worries. To be fair, preteens are weird, teens are weird, and a lot of adults are weird, too. But…what’cha gonna do? :rofl:

1 Like

People need to stop sexualizng children. It’s a child and it’s not weird at all.

2 Likes

Honestly at that age… Whatever works! Kids have preferences too.

Normal. Tell those family members that it’s weird that a child’s nakedness makes them uncomfortable, they can go ahead and leave

2 Likes

My daughter potty trained her two boys that way. It worked out well.

Why are those family members sexualizing a 2year olds body?

3 Likes

Its weird that people say its weird about a child being naked in thier own home…

What? It’s a two year old! Plus you’re potty training them, so taking certain clothes off needs to happen. Why would anyone find offence in any child carrying on clothes or not…? It’s in the family home and completely innocent. Mine run’s around happy just before bath/and or shower time, at two and a half. I really don’t see any problem. It’s family?! What about bath /shower, nappy changing, accidents in pants, changing to pyjamas, in the morning when changing into their clothes for the day. It’s no issue what so ever. Just experience these day to day thing’s with your baby and enjoy it all. Learn it all for yourself. Good luck to you you and your family. X

2 Likes

Perfectly fine… It’s the best for boys! No matter what u do or say now a days someone is always out there ready to attack. Ur child and u do whichever way is easier for u

My son is 8 years old now and still strips down naked to :poop: on the toilet​:joy::joy:

I think it’s weird that people are making it weird. I can’t keep clothes on my 1 year old. If someone said it was inappropriate for him to be naked in his own home, I’d be asking them to leave and not come back. Because that’s fucking creepy.

1 Like

It isn’t weird. If someone sees it as weird… they shouldn’t be allowed around your child.

5 Likes

I’d question the family member more than anything :thinking: that seems weird to me that they’d question a potty training two year old being naked.

1 Like

Super normal! I always let my boys run around naked during potty training (who has the time and energy for extra dirty laundry) … my 9 year old is now super modest but my 7 year old would leave the house in just his underwear if I would let him lol

Maybe put a top on them if it’s cold but it’s not weird at all.

My 3 year old still likes to come home and just get naked :woman_shrugging:

What I can’t understand is why it would be weird ?

1 Like

My kids all HATED clothes. Still do. Also, my boys are 22 and 27 and still have to be nekky while poopin. Lol

If it helps, mine does “yard work” naked :woman_shrugging:t2::rofl: likes to “help wash dishes” naked. Just about everything naked :joy: Very normal, but it backfired a bit when he began preschool.

I was an assistant teacher there and all of a sudden I hear “Miss Cortney, why is Finn naked!”…. Needless to say he had stripped down to his birthday suit :joy::clap:t3: so we put an end to that real fast :clap:t3::laughing:

1 Like

Mine used to strip to pee for awhile🤷🏻‍♀️ eventually he stopped lol

My son gets completely nude to poop lol…no matter where it is, I can’t get him to just pull his bottoms down :woman_facepalming:

Naked toddlers are normal. Whoever said otherwise is disturbing.

4 Likes

Def not weird just a kid being a kid they don’t understand otyer than it’s completly innocent to them and to the family ect mum dad whoever thinks any diff is weird

2 Likes

Nephew had to get naked to go toilet, we still joke about it now years later not weird and don’t let anyone tell you it is.

The person saying it’s weird is probably the person you don’t want around your naked toddler!
Let that toddler run wild and free! If it’s working keep doing what you’re doing!

7 Likes

Do what works for your family.

My boys strip to boxers right after they come home from school and they are almost 7&&9. It’s super normal? If they find something wrong with that then they don’t need to be around… hell…he’ll… people walked around naked back in the day… there wasn’t clothes till someone finally came up with that… screw the weird people… keep doing what you need too for your babies

1 Like

My toddler just didn’t understand pottying with clothes on but from what I hear it’s typically normal with boys to need the air to help them understand. The first time my boy peed on his face bc their was a breeze it just clicked

Nope, whatever you feel is comfortable. It’s a child in thier home! If they are safe so be it. It saves on laundry and also it’s easier that way. If the few that was around weren’t comfortable than maybe they shouldn’t be there during the training. You got this!

My son would take all his clothes off everytime he went to potty. We still tease him he’s 33

That’s how I potty trained my boys :100: normal

My twins are 3 and 1 of them are taking the like to be potty trained. We do allow him to run around naked to help him understand when he has to go he can go in the potty. He would rather stand and pee instead of sitting down!!

I run around the house naked no problem :joy::rofl:

3 Likes

Not weird
My 3 year old will strip when he has clothes on :woman_facepalming:t2:

My three year old is newly potty trained and is currently pantsless on the couch :laughing::woman_shrugging:t3:

It’s totally normal. I’m 36 and like to be naked, when at home. My baby is always nude :laughing:

Like 100% no clothes or ONLY underwear
All my kids went through a phase where at home they only wore underwear/diaper BUT it anyone else was at our house/we were at a different person’s place they had clothes.
It’s normal. Kids don’t like clothes.

1 Like

It’s normal . My kids will do it today and they’re in their forties walking around in their underwear

Normal our 3 yr old does

1 Like

Nope. My daughter is barely potty trained like 99%, she wears a pull up at night and did walk around half naked or fully naked a lot of the time, my in laws use to always comment on her butt showing and it kind of bothered my husband and I because they always had to make a comment about her being naked whenever they would come to visit, but it was to help her potty train. I didn’t want her to get a complex for it. But no it’s not in appropriate, it’s a proven method that parents have used for a long time.

Its your house so who cares what others think

3 Likes

Naked and with the little.potty in the living room. Husband hated it but it got us started

I’ve trained all 3 of mine like this lol.
Boys and a girl… and I’ll do it again for number 4

Mine potty trained naked or in long shirts. No big deal

1 Like

That’s how I potty trained my 4 boys. When they starting going in the potty I let them run around outside with just a pull up on. We had a training potty on our deck but the older boys taught the littles to use the “pee tree”. We had a large yard and you had to be standing on my deck to see them. Worked great!

We are having a rough go of potty training but mines almost 3. Last summer she spent her entire outside time butt naked in the back yard and I have no intentions of stopping her this year so :woman_shrugging:t4:

To each their own. I personally, don’t walk around the house without actual clothes on. My fiance strips to his boxers the second he walks in the door and stays that way unless we have company. I was taught it’s inappropriate, he wasn’t. Whatever floats you boat. I would suggest however, if it’s family that don’t live in the house, make them wear clothes that way they learn when it’s appropriate and when it’s not to be dressed in their own home.

In a child care setting, it wouldn’t be permitted. But, at some child care centers, toddlers wear t-shirts and underwear only while potty training. It still keeps things simple, but keeps the child acclimated to wearing clothing.

It’s how I potty trained my two girls they were no older than 4. starting my 3yr old now. That girl is forever naked(diaper on sometimes socks)… She will not keep clothes on more than 30 mins at home usually. Completely normal.

My immediate thoughts are that those family members need to be kept away because that is not normal.

Mom of 4! I have potty trained all 4 naked. They just didn’t like to fuss with undies while they were learning to use the potty! Pulling them up and down and not getting them twisted.

But for your family to call it inappropriate is…… well it’s inappropriate.

3 Likes

Naked is natural. Most European countries toilet train kids without diapers. They just run around naked.

I’d be more surprised if you told me your toddler kept their clothes on! Lol. I don’t know why, toddlers just love being naked.

3 Likes

My son potty trained at 2. Naked of course. Still at 6, is a nudist. When he poops, he strips.

1 Like

All 4 of mine were naked while potty training…it’s just so much easier for them to learn that way :woman_shrugging:t4:

Mine trained in a day this way. He wore a t shirt, he doesn’t like being completely naked, lol. My daughter is about to go the same way!

Potty trained mine in one weekend with him being completely naked, I’d say completely normal and anyone/any family member saying differently should be kept away.

Totally normal and way easier really

My mr 2 is always naked. I can get him dressed a thousand times a day, and he’ll be naked real quick after. Toilet training is a lot easier wen they don’t have to worry bout clothes lol. If we have visitors (family or not) we just put undies on him and keep asking if he needs to go.
If it works for yous, don’t worry bout anyone else’s opinions. :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

It took me 2 weeks I had covid so her and i were stuck inside she stayed naked 90 percent of our time and by the time i was better she was potty trained

1 Like

my 2 year old grandson is the same can’t keep clothes on him when he gets home he strips off.

It’s ok, children like to be naked. As long as it isn’t at other places

not crazy my grandson runs around in underwear

This how i have potty tried all my kids.

My grandkids all ran around naked potty training and potty trained fast Works much better than pullups. Perfectly normal if it works go for it

1 Like

That’s how I trained my boys. Less washing and they were able to connect the feeling of needing to go and seeing what was happening quite quickly.

2 Likes

My daughter did for the 1st day and then I got her to wear a shirt and slowly went into full clothing lol

A lot of kids are naked while they potty train

1 Like

I mean as no one is over except who live there and they are all immediate family then it’s fine. But if there’s company over I’d dress them

we did it. its how my son was pt in 3 days. :woman_shrugging:t3:

Most of my kids naked toilet trained. Nothing wrong with it. Unless your taking them grocery shopping naked lol

1 Like