Is it wrong of me to ask my ex to make a house payment?

Pay to do it yourself asap and don’t take a cent from him or you’ll have to give him half the house

2 Likes

Ouuuuu baby girl never do that shit again!!!

I would not ask him to pay anything unless you want an even harder time getting him off of the deed. It might be too late as it is and he might be entitled to half your house. Contact a real estate lawyer immediately and ask them how to proceed.

4 Likes

Get a lawyer. It will probably be that he owns half the house-doesn’t matter who makes the payments he could fight for half of the value. Don’t ask him to pay or you won’t have a leg to stand on if he wants you to give him half. Get a lawyer

2 Likes

You made a big mistake by putting his name on that deed. I wouldn’t do that ever again. Now he owns half that house. You go to sell it he’s going to get half of the payment. I’m sorry but he fooled you.

9 Likes

I mean I don’t want to be right but it sounds like he scammed you so he could own half the house… now if you sell he will be getting a cut. Call a lawyer asap.

5 Likes

Go get yourself an attorney.

2 Likes

His name only comes off if he takes it off. He is now an equal owner. If you sell, he gets half. Why would you do that?

12 Likes

Sounds like the relationship is over. You bought the house, you keep it … get his name off the deed. Don’t expect him to pay, especially if he hasn’t lived there. When he asked you to add him on the deed, you added him … now it’s time for you to remove him. Don’t expect him to do it. The sooner the better, or you could get involved in some legal issues if he tries to claim any financial benefit from the home.

Didn’t read comments so prob already said…… if u both got mortgage and his name is attached u will prob both need legal assistance to remove name form deeds!!

NO unless you want him to get petty and try to take half your house since you put him of the freaking deed.

3 Likes

Unfortunately, he legally co-owns your house. It’s not as simple as just ‘taking his name off’ of the deed. If you want him to cooperate and walk away without requiring you buy him out, you should pay for the process so he won’t feel as inclined to fight you. In my experience, it will probably require you to refinance the house solely into your name.

3 Likes

Take his name off the deed. That was a bad idea to begin with because y’all weren’t married…

2 Likes

What state are you in because every state has different laws on that. All these people are giving good advice but might not be correct for the state your in. I do know in Missouri you can sign a Quit Claim deed to have him removed but he does have to be present. Arkansas is somewhat the same way. Not sure for other states. But yes future references don’t add names unless you know for sure something is concrete. Would have possibly been worse if y’all had married. But contact someone in the place you are buying the property and house from to get more info. They can better serve you as they know the laws of your state.

Get thee an attorney STAT

2 Likes

He owns half tje house. You can’t do anything without his permission

3 Likes

You put his name on the deed and then broke the engagement, and now you want his name off the deed. Good luck with that.

7 Likes

Get his name off ASAP
And no I wouldn’t ask him it’s not his

2 Likes

Unfortunately you put his name on the deed. So removing it, just might not be the easiest. Consult a lawyer, because he just might, maybe or maybe not start a little bit of trouble over this

5 Likes

You are an easy fool. Why on earth would you put him on the deed?

9 Likes

Maybe you should let him know that the longer his name remains on the deed the more he will have to pay seeing his name is on it. It might make him remove it faster

9 Likes

He is not on the loan, just the deed? Wow, I think your screwed depending on what State your in.

9 Likes

Get him off the deed asap

1 Like

Putting on the deed was a NOT very smart move , he doesn’t have to pay because is not his house , he doesn’t even live there .
You should get a lawyer and start that process now

10 Likes

You changed the agreement since you want him off the deed and you’ve ended the relationship. But since his name still is on the deed I guess you could ask as a way to barter, if he helps pay until You can get his name off the deed. :woman_shrugging: it’s worth a try I guess.

2 Likes

l Get paid over $109 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $17734 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://DollarProfits1852.pages.dev/

Don’t ask him to pay unless you want him to have half the value of the house for sure 100 percent even after legal he will get some of the profit if you take payments from him

6 Likes

Don’t let him pay anything. Start the removal process and use proof he hasn’t contributed at all in your favor

17 Likes

May have to get tuff and stop paying…tell him that and the fact you may have to file bankruptcy and take his credit down with it…taxes are all so a problem…if not paid credit gone…home insurance is a big gamble if not paid.
People think love dose business
And end up totally broke…get your business paperwork under control and never let anyone get involved again or you and your kids could end up homeless

See a solicitor… He owns half that house… Do not ask him coz if he pays even 1 payment you screwed hun … as it is your gonna have a hard time getting out with all your mum ney and assets

2 Likes

Oh my goodness you should not have put his name on the house. There was no reason to do that . You better ask a lawyer in your state. If he cares about his credit you could threaten him you will stop payments.

3 Likes

Get hes name off the deed asap . He could acually sell the house and want half the money .

1 Like

We all know you used this man and now you’re paying for it.

I guarantee you used him because you have shitty credit. You needed a co signer and now it’s gone south.

Uh … Was he expecting to move in with you?

He doesn’t live there why would he pay. Being on the title or not. You should of never put him on.

If he pays you won’t beable to get him off the deed. Get a lawyer get his name off and you do the payments

Why would you have even put his name on wow……

1 Like

No do not ask him. Call and ask a lawyer about what you should do. Never put anyone elses name on anything. Make everything yours. Your work for it.

Get a lawyer and just go thru the process to get him off.

If he makes a payment then he has proof he helped pay the mortgage and keep his name on the deed. At this moment you have proof your doing it alone. Get him off the deed asap. Get legal advice before you do anything

1 Like