Is it wrong of me to ask my husband not to come home on his lunch break?

No you can go somewhere else for your alone time. That’s his house too.

2 Likes

Why don’t you let him go home for lunch, if you want to be alone don’t go home yourself :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

It is his house too. Just better communication. If I wanna clean and do my thing, I’d just ask my man to take his stuff and go to a different room. And he wouldn’t mind to, because we’re adults. He would ask the same of me if he needed space. But if he asked me to leave the house, yeah, I’d be offened. Just communicate.

1 Like

Its y’all’s house. Go and turn the music up anyway and if he has a problem with it he can go in the other room and if you have a problem with him being there you can go in another part of the house

He probably feels the same way :rofl:

3 Likes

Nope girl you do your thing but if he wants to come home let him but still do you thing. :person_in_lotus_position:t2:

If he just eats and on his phone while there , then I say you clean and turn up the music :notes: with him there &’ relax .

2 Likes

The house is both of yours, isnt it? Yes its wrong of you to expect that. He has every right to go home during his lunch. Spend time in different rooms, take a long bath, or you go elsewhere since you want alone time so much.

4 Likes

I find that very rude and disrespectful. If you dont want to be around him then you go somewhere else. Your house is his house too. I’ll be damned if my parter told me not to come home for lunch break or any other reason .

First world problems

2 Likes

No, if you want an hour you sit in your car in parking lot somewhere and turn your music up

6 Likes

…you can’t listen to music while he’s there? :thinking::thinking: id love for my husband to come home for his lunch break but he works too far to do that.

3 Likes

Do you really think if you asked him not to come home he wouldn’t think you were doing something you shouldn’t be doing? That’s the first thing I assumed.

5 Likes

So you work two jobs. And he’s working. And you’d rather not see him so you can listen to music? I get wanting time alone. But he’s just there to eat and seemingly doesn’t even bother you if he’s sitting on his phone. So why can’t you turn the music up and relax while he plays on his phone?

4 Likes

Why don’t you go somewhere for your lunch… Not fair in asking you no? Then why would it be any different for him it’s his home too if you wouldn’t like to be asked not to do something dont expect the other person to except it

1 Like

You may make him super suspicious lol.

Kinda mean though. Why even be in a relationship? Seems like you would never see him if working two jobs, then you’re not gonna wanna see him on lunch break?

2 Likes

Maybe he don’t want you to be there on his lunch break…that is his house too and sounds selfish to me.
Maybe you should spend your lunch hour
In the park or somewhere else :woman_facepalming:t2::woozy_face:

3 Likes

It may be he expects her to wait on him. Fix his lunch, refill his drink, meet his needs. If that’s the case she’s instilled that behavior. If she’s there he expects her to wait on him. I imagine that’s actually her source of irritation. I find it difficult to clean house when my husband is sitting there watching TV. I get more done if he’s gone. I prefer to work on my own. Then again, in 2010 I was suddenly widowed. Then I was alone ALL the time. Nobody coming home. To her: how would it make you feel if he didn’t want you there when he comes home for lunch? You’d probably be pretty upset. What if he were suddenly gone tomorrow?? Forever??

Would you be ok if your husband asked YOU to leave the house? I understand wanting alone time but that might not be the right way to go about getting it.

3 Likes

WOW !!! And here I am wishing I could see mine more then just a hour or two before we go to bed and a few minutes in the mornings before he leaves for work.

7 Likes

You want to be able to relax at home but it’s not ok for him to do that? Eating and being on his phone is probably his relaxation, just like your music is to you.

3 Likes

Go to another room. Duh‼️

1 Like

That’s so rude, but funny.

Go to a park and sit in your car, it’s his house too, and be glad hes not cheating on his lunch break :grimacing:

10 Likes

I think it’s fair he asks for a divorce :rofl: jp girl go to another room or maybe ask him to go to another room if your “cleaning”

3 Likes

I don’t see this as rude cause i get it you want your own time. I know some of my best alone time is in the car between picking up and dropping off the kiddos where I can bump my music and sing as loud as I want! You work from home so you don’t really get to go anywhere. I would say maybe just say one day a week. Just tell him how you feel. He may get hurt but I think if you explain it as I juggle two jobs and do X,Y,Z I just want a little piece to myself I would get it. Its only an hour and especially since he isn’t even engaging with you at home, he can look on the phone at work or in the car lol.

There’s nothing wrong about putting yourself first every now and then😍

1 Like

There’s nothing wrong with wanting alone time but the way this is all phrased is off putting at best. He comes home and doesn’t bother you, do what you want to do anyway. Can you also get away and go do something for you, or is it you specifically want to be home alone? I’m sure he wouldn’t mind that either. Maybe you can work it out so he gets time and you get time too. Communicate with him and see what works best for you both.

1 Like

My partner comes home for lunch every day, my youngest son and I always look forward to it and any time I get to spend with my partner is a bonus. I don’t understand how you can feel that way towards your husband…

10 Likes

What if he were to tell you the same thing if the situation was reversed? Food for thought. It’s his home too… Instead, why don’t you go out when you want to be alone? :woman_shrugging:t2:

7 Likes

Would you prefer he takes his body to another females Home? Lady you better share that Home y’all built and stop being Selfish😊

7 Likes

Yeah girl… Don’t do that. That’s rude as hell and I would personally take offense to that. If it is that much of an issue for you maybe you shouldnt have a husband. Then you could have all the alone time you want. 🤷🤷

8 Likes

Take your lunch at a different time problem solved.

2 Likes

Wow. You are terrible. Maybe he doesnt want you there so he can can relax.

5 Likes

Wanting alone time is fine…asking your husband not to come to his own home for lunch is selfish! If all he does is look at his phone, he’s not disturbing you. If I were to ask my husband not to come home for lunch, he’d probably think I was up to something I shouldn’t be. What are you up to that you don’t want your husband to know about???

5 Likes

Yes it’s his house too go relax outside :joy:

1 Like

What if he told you not to come home? I think it’s rude. Its his home to he can decide to come and go.

6 Likes

Change your lunch hour time

2 Likes

He has just as much rights to be there during his lunch break as you do it’s Both your house not just yours.

7 Likes

Ya do what u want . dum dum real dum. Think about the day they not here to come home too. Whatever

2 Likes

Jeez these comments. Theres nothing wrong with wanting a bit of time on your own.

4 Likes

Its very selfish and if I were him I would think that you wanted him to stay away so you could have someone else there

2 Likes

Um… I wish for this you whore

Just do it while he’s there if hes always on his phone! Tf… how can you ask that man not to go home lol

I feel the same way sometimes. I work and have thw kids 24/7. Because of his scheduak he gets a few hours at home alone on a regular basis. I dont. My only free time ever is my 1 hr lunch which is usually when I do errands anyways. Sometimes I just want to come home alone and relax. But then when hes there hes making food too or taking a nap or playing music already and then j dont feel like I get to enjoy a little break. Just tell him you want a certain day for yourself and ask him to saty at work instead.

Let him come home if he wants. I don’t think you should feel obligated to entertain him if he’s on his phone… do what you want :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Nope I always told my bf never to come home on his lunch break.and one job he worked at all he had to do was go out back of the kitchen door and our apartment was right there but told him don’t even think about it.yeah it pissed him off but I always told him while your at work it’s my time to do shit around the place or just me time

I wish my husband had a job where he could come home for lunch. I would make him lunch and be happy to make that out special time together.

2 Likes

Let him come home but tell him to fix his own lunch. You have too much to. Or he could do the laundry and vaccuum etc while he’s home.

It’s his house too. He has every right to come home for lunch if he wishes too. If you want time for yourself go out

9 Likes

I understand you want alone time. I do as well at times but asking him that may cause more than what you’re asking for.

2 Likes

You would regret it later. He will truly think you are rejecting him.

2 Likes

Is it that he expects you to use that time to make him lunch and sit with him (while he ignores you?)? Tell him to fix his own lunch or pick up something on the way (preferably for you both) once or twice a week.

Is it that if he’s home on his phone you feel neglected? Maybe designate one day a week “no distraction lunch day.”

Does he get upset if you blast music while he’s there? Wear ear buds or headphones.

It’s his house too. Just do the stuff when he’s on his phone no biggie

3 Likes

Wow the way some people think :thinking:

He’s probably thinking the same thing about you, he just wants to go home and eat and your blasting your damn music :joy:

Uh, yeah. I’d find another hour of the day or couple days a week for alone time.

1 Like

You should be happy he could be out eating lunch with some other girl. Sounds awfully rude of of you to say this perhaps you are hiding something and hes interfering with what you are up too.

1 Like

Sorry but if my fiance said that to me I would be asking questions…he has the right to come home for lunch anytime he wants…what are you hiding or who

3 Likes

That’s rude just go into another room then you leave the house. Maybe you get on hos nerves and he wants alone time

1 Like

If you pack him a lunch, then he won’t have to come home !

1 Like

Yes.

You don’t have to interact with him, but he has every right to come home if he wants to.

You should be proud he wants to come home for lunch instead of going to a restaurant flirting with the waitresses !

5 Likes

You sound like you’re hiding something. If you want some alone time then why don’t you leave the house? :neutral_face:

4 Likes

Demand he help you clean when he comes home for lunch. He’ll stop coming home.

2 Likes

I wish you came home for lunch
Ben King

1 Like

It is also his home and he may do as he pleases there. If he’s just going to stare at his phone, then blare the music. Clean while he’s doing his thing. Relax if you want to.

Having time alone is scarce during a pandemic. Especially within a marriage while you share a household. Just let him know what you plan on doing during your lunch break so he can plan accordingly. It’s a partnership and it should be treated as such. Communication is key.

4 Likes

So is coming from a guy’s point of view… that would only be putting doubts in his head. Because just hearing that put a doubt in my head that you really want to be in that relationship.

4 Likes

Talk to him. Maybe if you each eat out once a week, that hour together on the other days will feel more special.

1 Like

I would love for him to be home. I understand the space issue but I wouldn’t ask him that that’s just telling him to go out and do something else you’re not allowing him to be home when he wants to be just find somewhere else to go if you want some space. If my husbands biggest issue was wanting to be home it’d make things a balance for me.

Good God! What a question! Poor guy!

2 Likes

I never mind when my husband came home for lunch when I didn’t work it was our time to be alone Even after I got a job he would come and pick me up at work and we would have lunch together it was our time to be alone because the kids was in school now he’s not here so you better enjoy it while you care because one day one of you will not be here and you will be lonely I can guarantee you will be lonely and you will miss the good times you had when your husband came home for lunch

1 Like

I’d love for my husband to come home on his lunch break every day!!!

3 Likes

just switch It up for you…. I’m guessing he’s coming home for one of two reasons … financial, meaning it’s cheaper to eat at home, or he really wants to see you and be with you, but isn’t keen on saying so. Or both. Can you alter your turn up the music and relax time??? Maybe ask him for one day where he doesn’t come home?? Or hell, even a day where you both meet for lunch ??? Enjoy lunch and be in the moment with him? Cause you’re gonna miss him when he’s no longer here…… and vice versa, whoever goes first.

Wtf is wrong with you? Me and my husband both work from home, i work at night and he works during the day. I feel sad coz when we mostly see each other it’s during start or end of our shift, then the rest is in the bedroom when either of us is fast asleep :frowning: I miss him even when we’re both literally within each other’s reach, we can only spend time when it’s our day off. And you have some problem with your husband coming home for lunch? There’s literally more to this than what you mentioned

1 Like

Be careful what you wish for…

10 Likes

When my husband is working he’s on the other side of the country I would love if he came home for lunch everyday :sob:

1 Like

Well it is his house too. If he wants to come home for lunch then he can do so. Not sure why you can’t relax, clean and listen to music while he is there. If he is just on his phone then he’s not stopping you. Unless you’re trying to hide something 🤷🏻‍♀

6 Likes

Nothing wrong with wanting alone time but let me ask you this: how would you feel if he asked you not to come home to your shared home on your lunch break? Wanting to miss him is fine, but I’d be offended if my spouse asked me not to come to my own home for lunch. If I needed alone time and he was there, I’d go for a drive or try to rearrange my schedule so I could have that time alone.

2 Likes

What I dont understand is why you wouldn’t wanna spend that hour with your husband especially since you work two jobs.

2 Likes

Nope. My bf and I work at the same job at the same time and some days I wish I could have that hour alone

It’s his home, fix his lunch

3 Likes

How long is y’all lunch break? Going home to eat lunch and chill n shit.

Wow. That’s awful of you. Nothing wrong with wanting time alone BUT this is awful. Make the 2 of u lunch and sit with him n eat.

Put on headphones and go to a different room. Sounds like the issue is something else you dont want to face it.

1 Like

As long as you give him his alone time too. It goes both ways

It’s his house too, jeez.

My husband died suddenly 4 years ago
I wish he could come home for lunch!!

Ask yourself, if he said the same to you, How would that make you feel? If a male did that most women would think he was cheating. Put yourself in his place. If not then discuss with him.