Is it wrong of me to block my fiances mom on everything?

Is it wrong of me to block my fiance’s mom on everything? I moved from across the country and left all my friends and family behind to be here with him, our 7month old, and his 5yr old son. Ever since he and I have been together, she’s done nothing but try to find things wrong with me. At first, when I got here, she was nice to me. Then she started making comments about my weight. I have hypothyroidism (Hashimoto’s thyroiditis), so it’s really difficult for me to lose weight. She’s a personal trainer and was a bodybuilder at one point, so she’s super into fitness. She’s made my self-esteem significantly lower than it was before. It’s to the point where my fiance and I can’t even go out without me worrying that he’s going to look at other women and want them instead of me. I’ve NEVER been this way. I also have depression and anxiety. Her comments have made me not want to go out and do anything. She always invites us out to eat, and I’m embarrassed to eat in front of her. She brings us tons of junk food anytime she comes to see his 5yr old. I’ve wanted to diet and try to get some weight off for years now, but I feel like even if I try to and do lose this weight, she’ll still make comment,s and make me feel like it’s not enough. All I want is to be accepted into her family. On top of her pointing out my weight issues, she messages me almost daily, telling me I’m a horrible mom for not working and staying home with our baby. Our little girl is seven months old and was two months early. I clean all day and cook dinner for all of us on top of picking up and dropping off my fiance’s son at school. According to her, it’s not enough because I don’t go for walks or go to the gym. Along with this, she freaks out anytime her son and I get into disagreements when we have his son. I feel like I can’t voice how I feel to him without his 5yr old running to her and telling her everything that goes on with us. I’m at a loss with it all and am so depressed. Any tips for weight loss with hypothyroidism would be great, and any tips regarding my fiance’s mom would be appreciated as well. I don’t want to give up on my little family and would love to start feeling better about myself. I love my fiance and his 5 yr old more than anything and our little girl too. Thank you all!

19 Likes

No. I block toxic people daily.

4 Likes

Man I didn’t get past “it’s difficult for me to lose weight”. If she’s saying anything about your weight. Yep block her. Buh-byeeeeeee.

3 Likes
  1. If blocking her will help ur mental health then do it. Make sure u have a serious talk with ur fiance about the issues also so he is aware of why ur doing it. 2. I have the same thyroid problem and have done a low carb diet since january and have lost 22lbs now. Basically no bread,pasta, rice, potatoes, beans, corn etc if u would like to send me a pm i can give you recipes and tips.
3 Likes

You don’t owe anyone an explanation. If someone is toxic or ignorant to you, that’s it. Just because she’s your partner’s mother doesn’t mean shes entitled to your time or given a free pass to be a cunt. Period.

Nope my block list is over 200 and growing all the time

1 Like

My husband would lose his shit if his mother ever said anything negative to me or about me!
This woman needs to be put in her place!
He’ll have one last chance to do so or I would do it my damn self.
Nobody gonna make me feel like less than fucken awesome.
U block her on everything, delete her number and let her know that until she grows up she is no longer allowed in my or my children’s presence.

Never discuss relationship issues in front of a child ever. It is not healthy for the child.
2. Take the mother aside away from yalls son. And tell her to stop her shit. Her opinion is not wanted nor needed. If she cant treat you with civil respect. She will be blocked from all communication. That this is your yalls family and the two adults in this relationship. Will decide what is best and works for yalls family.

Block her but also your Fiance needs to deal with his mother and let her know her behavior is unacceptable.

12 Likes
  1. She’s a bitch. Block her.
  2. Your fiancée needs to have your back or you need to block his ass too.

I’ve blocked my boyfriends mother because she pushed for me to get an abortion. I blocked her because she is a manipulator. I could give you a hundred reasons why I blocked her.

Do what feels good to you. Don’t invite harm, mental or physical into your life. If she wanted to be apart of the family she would try like you have, until she decides to put in the effort, don’t bother with her.

I’ve blocked my boyfriends mother because she pushed for me to get an abortion. I blocked her because she is a manipulator. I could give you a hundred reasons why I blocked her.

Do what feels good to you. Don’t invite harm, mental or physical into your life. If she wanted to be apart of the family she would try like you have, until she decides to put in the effort, don’t bother with her.

2 Likes
  1. Block her solely for the reason of demeaning your parenting. 2. The Keto lifestyle was amazing for me and I have the same diagnosis as you. 3. Take what she says freely. Maybe walking or the park would not only make others happy (that’s we dont care about besides the kiddos) but it could help you with your endorphins and everything. 4. You have to be careful that adult disagreements and discussions dont take place in front of his son so there’s nothing for him to run and tell grandma.

I’ve learned to listened to criticism and evaluate it for MYSELF. Hmmm never hurts to try. Sure dont want to prove the B right but damn I wanna be my best me.

Block her on everything, even her phone number. Tell her how you feel and if need be stop hanging around her. It’s okay to cut toxic/negative people out of your life and it doesn’t matter who it is. Then talk to your fiancé about maybe talking to his son so he doesn’t run and tell her all your business.

2 Likes

Sounds like you need to go to some therapy. Another person can’t make you feel bad about yourself, if you truly love yourself.

Also, the being insecure about your partner, him looking at other people, is unhealthy, you have to be able to trust the person you’re with.

3 Likes

You sound like the problem, like you’re looking for a problem. She’s a personal trainer, it’s literally her job to talk about weight and fitness. She’s not the reason you’re insecure in your relationship, that’s on you. And then blaming a 5 year old for just speaking on what he/she hears and sees? Maybe you shouldn’t talk shit about the child’s grandparent right in front of them :roll_eyes: get a grip girl because you’re way too soft for this harsh world.

Look up the AIP diet. It’s healthy and I lost 30 pounds in three months. It will help with ur thyroid too!

No I have been with my husband 12 years and I block all his family.

1 Like

I blocked my MIL a while ago. Mostly political stuff but she makes it a habit to tell me that the mother of my sons first son ( they were teenagers) is his " true love" and that " they’re too dumb to realize it now, but they’ll see they’re meant for eachother." Constantly. And I finally go sick of it.
I dont even drive over to see her anymore I let my husband take our son and call it that.

3 Likes

First let your fiance know so she doesnt try to change it up and then go on blocking and being haply

1 Like

She is toxic and not good for you. Try and ignore her attacks, tho I know it is difficult. Maybe speak with your fiance, he needs to tell her to back off. Send the 5 yr old to their room. I am not sure about hypothyroidism, but I gave up all carbs and I have lost 30 lbs just NOT eating certain foods. And I am menopausal, so it can be done. So, when she brings junk food, tell HER what is acceptable for your family to eat. Good luck.

Everything you just said here say to both of them. And if she can’t accept the way you feel, I wouldn’t block her but I wouldn’t try with her either. Leave it

1 Like

A great tip for weight loss would be to drop her out of your life. You have every right to block that narcissistic woman.

1 Like

I would flat out tell her I’m her daughter in law, not her client.
So buzz off

Block her! And talk to your fiancé. If he is allowing this it will only get worse. This is a very toxic environment for you! Think long and hard if you really want to stay in it. I’m sorry you are dealing with this. Also talk to someone! I lost my confidence in this world for a long time. I saw a therapist for about 4 months and learned to get it back. I thought it would break me from the toxic people in my life but instead it gave me the confidence to to stand up to them, not allow them to hurt me, and I no longer believed them! I am happier than I have been for years! (I did this 5 years ago)
Good luck! And you are perfect just the way you want to be and the way you are raising your kids!

Nope. Been there done that. He needs to stand up for you. Cut them off temporarily or for good. They need to understand their place.

Girl she’s nosey & toxic!! Have him talk to her. Ur weight & relationship isn’t any of her business. If he don’t stop her go head and block her. Also try green smoothies. Best of luck :heart: love

1 Like

Ur husband needs to be a man and tell his mom to back off. Nope block whoever you want thats toxic.
Hashimotos here…low carb low sugar is best. Make sure you take ur meds too, and do bloodwork to make sure it doesnt need to be adjusted. Get on meds for depression, seek counseling. Getting healthy is both body and mind. The mind is harder to be healthy.

1 Like

I wanna know where the fuck your fiance is at in all of this. Too much of a bitch to stand up to his mommy? Fuck that.

Your husband needs to handle his mom.

Talk to your Dr, perhaps consult a nutrionist as well. I’m sorry that your dealing with her bs, but put a smile on your face an speak up, stand up for yourself. As for the 5yr old if you an your fiancee need to have a discussion send him to his room or maybe just wait until he’s not around. You are so right for staying home with your baby its very important to have that bond, nurturing your child is never wrong. Good luck…

Nope. I don’t speak to my outlaws (in-laws). Hell, my bitchy FIL has me blocked on everything and doesn’t even bother to call my kids or even ask about them anyhow :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Fuck that bitch. Block her. What a horrible person. Do you!!

I have all of my boyfriends family blocked and half of mine. And they’re not aloud around our son. Toxic is toxic.:woman_shrugging:

1 Like

As somebody who also fights the hypothyroidism battle… dealing with ALL the symptoms… that’s enough to deal with alone you don’t need any extra BS this woman is giving you when you’re fighting a battle every day as your body is literally attacking itself with hashis. So I say block her… you need to focus on your health and well being to be the best mama you can.

2 Likes

I would block her or any part of the family that isn’t nice to you.

1 Like

Block away honey! Don’t let her put you down anymore! You are the mother of her granddaughter she should respect you, sounds like she has jealousy issues :pensive: she should be embracing you! My exmil did it to me for years, didn’t get as my better just worse over the years!

1 Like

Block her! And he needs to cut her off if she can’t stop.

No one deserved that type of negativity in their lives and it feels to me that she is very toxic. I’d put my foot down. My babies will not be around people who belittle me so I’d tell her that If she can’t clean up her attitude she wouldn’t be able to see my kid :woman_shrugging:t2: I’ll also add that cutting her off from you does not include your husband. You can’t make him stop talking to her obviously but talk to him. If he feels offended with the way she makes you feel then he should also say something to her. At least that’s what i would want my husband to do. I don’t personally have one ore a mother in law so i can’t say any of this from experience but it’s just what i would do in my opinion

1 Like

You have to stop letting other people affect how you feel about yourself. So start with standing up to her and telling her she’s being beyond rude and you won’t be putting up with it. She’s doing this because she can and it is having the desired effect on you.

3 Likes

If you want the least amount of conflict (and it sounds like MIL won’t be looking to take feedback) there are a few things that you can do which will eliminate YOUR stress. 1) Rather than “block” her and cause issue, you can hide her posts from your feed, and hide YOUR posts from her. She won’t know that you’re hiding them, so you won’t get attacked like you might with blocking. 2) Tell her that you SO RESPECT her son as a father and “man of the house” that you would prefer her comments/concerns regarding your household/parenting be voiced to him. She will either start badgering him (and he will make her stop), or she will leave you both alone. 3)When it comes to the 5yo, keep parenting (see point 2 above), but make sure you are never speaking of things in front of him that you wouldn’t want shared. He should be limited in on what he’s exposed to anyhow. 4)Your man was into YOU all along!!! Don’t stress about weight!!! Do things bec,ause you enjoy them and you want to. If you do it out of pressure, you’re going to destroy more of your precious self esteem. Know that you are LOVELY and your man CHOSE YOU BECAUSE YOU ARE THE OPPOSITE OF HIS CONTROLLING MOTHER!!! ROCK ON WITH YOUR BADD SELF!!!

11 Likes

I would have blocked her the first time she made those nasty comments. Don’t ever feel sorry for people like that they must be really hurting inside themselves. On top of that it isn’t her right to tell you how to parent or what she thinks you are doing wrong. Sorry to hear you have a monster-in-law!

1 Like

I’m so sorry ur going through that and u should stick to what ever weight u feel happy in not change ur body because she wants u to and remember it just his mom because she fit and everything may of driven ur man to not care or want someone so skinny because like his mom he sees how nasty of person they can be so he with u because he respects and loves u but if ur looking for diet plan I have hypothyroidism and on weighloss journey to havnt lost alot but working on it I have got Tiffany’s 21 day meal plan also known as (Tiffany’s adventure to fit) it based on whole foods no shake pills anything like that she lost 90lbs and maintenance it definitely good healthy way go and I’m also for me using the recipe book for my lunch/dinners and going to body systems join BSTC I’m going to be using there blue star nutraceutical products (Shake one, as my breakfast and on weekends going have eggs and turkey bacon… after workout I’m having iso smooth shake and then have healthy lunch a,nd have healthy dinner and if hungry between there lot healthy snack ideas almonds and cucumbers, brown rice cake and almond butter or I use all natural p.b and raspberries on top… Carrot fries is good yummy one too…) Also instead of coffee il have pre-work out and have my aminos during workout for hydrating and for me I just go on walks swimming treadmill getting bikes for summer and ya basically slowly getting into strength training at home stuff I hate working out but it need be done even babysteps … I would go to tiffany my adventures of fit FB page or Instagram check her out

Handle her yourself. Speak up for yourself! If you want to block her then do it but first tell her why.

You will never be good enough in her eyes. My mother-in-law always told me that she was first in her sons life. We’ve made it fifty yrs. last October. Just don’t be afraid to speak up for yourself with her.

1 Like

just block her on everything and focus on your little family. my mom would say things about my SO behind our back and to me like "he doesnt love K**** (my first daughter, from another). when he loves her a lot. And my lady staw from her was when I was at my grandparents and she was trying to give my older daughter a bath, but we had to hurry cause it was getting colder. I was calling for my SO and she kept on answering. Now mind you, my SO gives my daughters baths and let my older one wash her own body so he doesn’t touch her, just her hair. and my mom was kept butting in when I kept calling my SO to bring cloths for my daughter to get her dressed. I finally told her, “I’m not calling you mom, please stop.” Then my SO came to help me. I apologized to my grandma who kept rolling her eyes at my mother’s actions. we said our goodbyes and left. That’s when my SO and i agreed on limiting my mom’s contact with my girls. if she can’t respect my SO, she doesn’t respect me.

you stick up, for yourself, and tell her you know you have weight, it’s none of her business why. You try to lose it for yourself and your family. I’m unsure about what you have, but I prey you find a way that works for you to be happy. stay strong and dust yourself off. You got this.

I understand this completely. My husbands adopted family always puts me down and talks behind my back to him. We cut them off completely. I have an almost two year old and he will never meet them. If she can’t treat you right she doesn’t deserve to be apart of your life

You can’t fix that narcissistic bull! Blocking her is most likely your only option. Cut contact because it doesn’t get better

I agree with the toxic. It’s not her business…you staying home, your weight, all of it is between you and your fiance. I blocked mine’s grandmother for beingg bat crazy lol

Quit separating “his son” and “our baby”. You’re there. They are both your kids.

1 Like

Tiffany My Adventure to Fit

Block her. And tell your other half he needs to tell her she needs to back off. He needs to stick up for you, in this instance.

3 Likes

Just punch her in the face one good time… :woman_shrugging:t3::eyes:

Yeah definitely block her on everything and anything that involves her. Just stop going around her. It’s your choice who you pick and choose to be around.

1 Like

Her life is fitness and that grand baby. That’s what you can bond with her over. If you don’t want her advice on fitness and eating then you will just have to bombard her with positive texts and tagged posts about her grand child. However, I bet she would be thrilled if you also sent her a selfie of you walking in the park with the kids, meal prepping or doing yoga together. Fitness people just want everyone to be fit, they can’t help themselves.

Telling this woman to block her mil really it causes problems…I know from personal experience. Instead limit conversations and time on social media. Try to keep visiting to once a week and stear the conversation on to pleasant talk. I also suggest counseling no family being badgered by a mil ,being a sahm it all has to add up worry about your mental health then your physical health. Your weight should not being a damn persons concern except your own she literally has no right to comment on it that’s rude.

Sounds like she’s toxic , time to :scissors::scissors::scissors: the toxicity and work on yourself

3 Likes

Talk to your fiancé. Have him speak to her for you. He should be your support system and have your back in all of this. He needs to stand up for you and not allow her behavior to be hurting you.

2 Likes

You are marrying him , not whole family-just worry about pleasing him and don’t answer back

1 Like

Don’t listen to his mother at all, block her and stay away from her, let your boyfriend know how you feel, be honest with him, as long as he loves you and is ok with how you are then the HELL with his mom!!! When the two of you have disagreements, try to wait and discuss it when his 5 yr old goes to bed, kids should not be involved in grown-ups discussions! Goodluck, walking is a great exercise when weather permits and is good for baby to get fresh air also! Try doing only vegetables or fruits for snacking, you will do great mommy, don’t beat yourself up over his mom and her remarks! Hugs to you!:hugs:

1 Like

If fiance won’t take up for you, take up for yourself. Block her. Get rid of the negativity. She’ll get the hint

1 Like

Block. Girl you hypothyroidism…she needs to understand that. Omg :pray: for you

She sounds toxic. Just block her. I have hypothyroidism and I know how hard it is to lose weight. I have been doing Keto for a month and half and I have lost a lot of weight. Maybe you can try it?

1 Like

I had my fill with my MIL. He just listened to his mother. I mean never told her to stop. He complained to me about her behavior, but that was it. I finally, literally, told her to shut up one day. Twice before she shut up. She was rude to everyone. People didn’t like her. I refused to go anywhere with her and I didn’t invite her to my house. My problem was solved.

She died a few years back and realized why he never really told her to stop and that was because he got everything she owned when she died. He got the little mobile home and the lot it was on. I stayed in my house and let him go.

Definitely stop arguing in front of the 5 year old because he does not need to see or hear any of it
They are little parrots at that age so don’t say anything you wouldn’t want repeated

1 Like

She sounds like a pain in the ass.

Block her . Keep your manners in tact when you have to be around her . Trust me . That’s how she will always be . I remember when my husband I did therapy years ago . Best advise . Was safe words that only you and your husband understand. Maybe a tug on the ear to notify your husband shes becoming to much. Your husband needs to confront her.
" it’s his mom" is not an excuse to let her get away with trashing you. His mom needs to understand that shes not just hurting you . But also hurting her own son in the long run. They never comprehend that . They think because they are " mom " their sons have to just go with it. You mother inlaw is like any other person walking around this planet. Her being a mother doesnt give her the right to treat people like shit. I use to get confused by my mother inlaws engery. Constantly thinking I’m over reacting .

Okay so I’m probably going to be hated on for saying this but, although his mom is quite obviously a rude narcissistic biotch but, she is right about the exercising; even just going on a 30 minute walk a day will help you out mentally and physically. Exercising is one of the best things for both anxiety and depression it’s free to do and you can also get on the internet and google "At home mommy and me exercises that you can do with your baby and the baby and you will both have fun and bonding time. Just start out a little bit at a time, you don’t have to go full force. And yes block her on social media and instead of reading her messages ask your fiance to do it and tell him it’s because she’s mean and rude to you and with how you’re feeling emotionally you aren’t going to make yourself feel worse by reading it. He should also talk to her about how she treats you. The jealousy thing you may want to get some counseling for so it doesn’t ruin your relationship, trust is everything in ,a relationship. It’s going to get better and I wish you the best♥️

3 Likes

why do you pay any attention to her to begin with??? Ignore her. Put your big girl panties on & tell her to mind her own fucking business. Told my mother-in-law something very similar back in 1972 & she stopped :slight_smile:

I had to. She took everything I posted as an attack on her and her son(my SO)… was just better to cut her off

I don’t know about all the drama, but with hypothyroidism it’s pretty much the same process but will take longer. I had my thyroid removed 7 years ago and excessive daily with a healthy calorie deficit. Good luck with everything!

Hard truth…If your fiancé can’t stand up to his mother on your behalf he’s not worth marrying. It won’t magically get better after the wedding. I understand you don’t want to “give up” on your family but if you are miserable because of his mother and he doesn’t set boundaries with her about her behavior towards and around you your family will be completely miserable until it explodes with so much more hurt later. I have a great MIL and my husband has even had to step up a few times. Your fiancé shouldn’t have to be disrespectful to her but firm. He is marrying you and she needs to respect that If she wants to be a part of your lives.

2 Likes

I do not think you are wrong for blocking her. As for your fiance…there comes a time when you sometimes have to pick between the family you were born into and the family you have created. whether it is in a disagreement or family drama he needs to understand your position and be understanding. What if the roles were reversed…how would that make him feel.

Secondly…and this one is tough. I have Hyperthyroidism…aka Graves disease. So basically the opposite of you. Mine if not treated can lead to heart palpitations, muscle loss, and even blindness. Are you seeing an endocrinologist? Or are you on medication?

1 Like

I’m so sorry you’re going through this. How incredibly lonely and stressful. I have Graves disease which has the opposite effect as Hashimotos but carries some of the same risks like heart attack. There is a girl in a bodybuilding group (more like a fitness/weight loss group) who has Hashimotos. She lost a lot of weight doing home workouts. I don’t know if she dieted but her workouts were very consistent. Consistency is the key. I like the MyFitnessPal app to track my food intake. It will tell you how many calories a day you should eat to reach your goal and is healthier than cutting out entire food groups. Hashimotos may make it take longer to lose weight but it is possible. Have you looked into T3 supplementation? My endo mentioned it when we discussed killing my thyroid then needing Synthroid/Levothyroxine the rest of my life. Some people need T3 as well. I would tell your MIL about your condition (she should be familiar with it if she was in the fitness industry) and tell her how she makes you feel. Ask her if she talked to her clients the way she speaks to you. If she doesn’t stop after that, cut her off. Your fiance should also step in and defend you.

Stay your self don’t change he loves you for you not your weight are his mom hang on to him he loves you

Do what YOU want, not her. Tell your man how your feeling. If you want to lose weight or get fit, do it, you dont have to share it with them. Every little bit helps. I’d ask your doctor what you should do. Just hang in there.

Take your baby and leave. I’ve been in a toxic family relationship and it’s terrible. It will only mess you up even more mentally to stay cause like my ex apparently he isn’t going to do anything about the way his family treats you

I’d just block her. If she texts you don’t answer back or if she’s talking on the phone and it’s turning negative just hang up. I have depression/anxiety too and that’s not worth getting worked up over. Plus tell your husband you’ve had enough of her.

Sweet momma it’s not about your weight it’s about her loss of control over her son and grandson do not allow her or anyone else that much control over your feeling take your power back get up every morning say a pray for her look in the mirror and tell yourself you are Beautiful and wonderfully made in the image of God. Tell herself your a good person mother and soon to be wife you got this. Every time she says something mean to you tell her She doesn’t have to like you but Jesus Loves you and that’s enough for you then walk away . Put her in God’s hands. Don’t let her run you off stand your ground. Praying for you. Keep going girl!:pray::latin_cross:

I’d probably just hide or mute her. You don’t have to see her posts but also won’t have the drama that comes from deleting and blocking a family member.

I agree with another posters sentiments that your husband needs to set boundaries with his mother in how she treats you. If he doesn’t, whether or not you get married, this relationship will fail.

The other issue is to self esteem. If she (or anyone else for that matter) can pick you down, you probably already started out being insecure in yourself. Fix that and learn to stand up for yourself, and a lot of the problems you have going on will diminish over time and consistent boundaries. Don’t fix it and you are setting yourself up for letting everyone and anyone else tell you how to feel about yourself and waste a lot of time justifying who and how you are.

Have you spoken to you fiancé about how it makes your feel and said to him you would like to talk to her? I would maybe have an open conversation with her how she’s making you feel and how you are there to stay and it’s not up to her but her son. She may be one of those mothers that struggle to cut the apron strings. As for weight loss if your conversation with her goes well she may actually be very helpful on that journey too if she used to be a PT. You need to confront her and set boundaries - don’t ever let anyone treat you like a doormat. There’s plenty of ways to approach people about their behaviour without being rude and maybe have your fiancée present so she can’t twist and manipulate what you’ve said if she is that type of person xx

Ok first of all anyone that cleans all day should have a house so clean that they do not need to clean all day, and is she REALLY texting you every day calling you a horrible mother? And let me just say no one can make you feel any certain way. If you feel bad about your weight that’s on you, she can’t force you to have a certain level of self esteem. As far as the step child talking to his grandma, that’s his right it’s his grandma and if you don’t have the good sense to keep your personal business personal and away from the kids then just know other people will know about it. I’m so tired of every day these grown women playing the victim. Grow up and deal with it if you don’t like something someone says or does then say something to them and if you’re asking for advice give the whole story instead of making yourself look like a helpless victim.

8 Likes

Maybe instead of blocking her confront her. Explain to her how your health effects your weight. Ask her for her advise and what she would recommend… She could help you lose the weight and help you make a healthier meal plan. She may say mean hurtful things but maybe that’s what happened to her and that is how she motivated herself. Maybe it can help y’all grow closer as well. As far as staying at home if that is what works best for your family don’t be ashamed. Daycare is expensive as hell. Try not to feel insecure because of what she says or thinks. Your husband obviously knows what is going on and he still chose to be with you and chooses it everyday. He must love you the way you are, not all men want a skinny in shape woman. No offense most body building woman look absolutely disgusting. I know because my dad did body building and still host shows. Unless she’s doing figurine competition… She most likely is built like a dude. She keeps it up because you allow it.

I couldn’t tell if you meant that this woman also lives with you and your fiance or not. From my own personal experience, talking to her won’t make a difference. Some mother’s want to be the only woman in their son’s life. She may be one of these! And you will never do things right! My advice is to just be the best mom you can be to both children. Do things your way despite her opinions. Never challenge her otherwise, you will cause tension in your marriage and it’s really not worth it. If you have complaints against her talk to your fiance/husband but also show him examples. It always helps when he can see how she is treating you and actions as you know, speak louder than words. When he visually sees these things, he should have no excuse defending you. So sorry you are going through this. Here if you need a friend. I’ve been there and know what you are going through. Good luck!

First of all pray and give it to God! Your fiancé picked you, just as you are. Being a mom to kids is the most important job one could ever do. Next time she speaks of your weight or stay at home mom topic, simply say “it’s great that you lived your life doing what worked for you but I have different values and ideas about me and my kids lives. I am good person, god mom and good for your son. It’s not my responsibility to live up to your expectations. I would like for us to be friends but I will no longer tolerate your criticism!” Don’t let someone else determine your self worth. You are worthy in God’s eyes and your children’s eyes. Don’t let anyone have the control to make you feel like less! My prayers are with you

10 Likes

There is absolutely nothing wrong with this. My husband and I have had to do this with certain individuals along the way as well. Speak with your mister about it. He needs to stand up to his mother not only for you, but in front of you. I have stood up to my parents and my hubby has stood up to his. There is no reason you should be made to feel this way.
You are more than enough. Dont ever ever ever dim your light because someone else prefers the dark.

4 Likes

Yep block her and anyone who can’t see the harm she is doing to you and if your fiance can’t step up get rid of him too. If he’s not going to stand up in front of you to protect you, behind you and have your back he doesn’t deserve to be at your side. I’d rather be a single mom than live with such toxicity the rest of my life. What’s not good for you isn’t good for your daughter. Your mental health is important to hers.

1 Like

This situation says more about your partner than your MIL. If he can’t protect you and set healthy boundaries with his Mom, he is not treating you as a cherished or equal partner. Sit your man down and set proper expectations and remind him that you have choices. Make it clear that you will have to leave if he can’t get this situation under control. Your man has it easy. He gets everything he wants and needs at your emotional expense. If he doesn’t take care of this, I don’t even need a crystal ball to predict the outcome. Remember you have accountability in this as well. Own your part. Good luck. I’ll pray for you. :pray:t2:

If your future husband is not defending you… you might want to re-think this marriage! This woman will NEVER leave you alone! She is the HORRIBLE person for treating you like crap! You will never be good enough for her son! Let him know he needs to put you first or end it now!
PS you are enough!
Your size has nothing to do with who you are… love yourself and others will love you!
(((Hugs))) :heart:

2 Likes

It’s your decision to whether you want to block her or not. A toxic person is a toxic person regardless of their title in relation to you. My only advice on the blocking thing is to ask yourself would it cause more problems than it does now if you do go through with blocking, and will it cause additional issues with your fiancé. As far as the weight loss, I had PCOS and did keto for 5.5 weeks before my OB asked me to swap to low carb for my pregnancy. I has lost 33 pounds in that short time! But do not allow anyone to make you feel bad about yourself or what you do for your children! Do you, momma!

Oh hun, definitely block her, but also, talk to your fiancé, let him know how bad this makes you feel. It may not help, but it might help you get it off your chest. Most importantly, you are enough, you are beautiful, don’t let others bring you down. Weight has No bearing on our life, yes we strive to be “Healthy” but consider your health issues. No matter what, do not let her steal your Worth and Self joy. God is love, and you are Loved just the way you Are. Some mothers are jealous of the way their sons love their wife’s and can only try to bring you the new bride down. I’ll post some scripture to help you.

8 Likes

Tell your fiance he is an adult now and it is time to cut the apron strings. If he truly loves you he would demand his mother to respect you as you are not only his fiance you are also the mother to his child, you deserve to be respected. Also it is a home you share and you most certainly have the right to tell his mother NO MORE JUNK FOOD IN YOUR HOME!. SHE HAS NO RIGHT TO COMPLAIN ABOUT YOUR WEIGHT ONLY TO TEMPT YOU TO EAT SUCH THING’S BY BRINGING THEM AROUND YOU. IF SHE DOES NOT SHOW YOU RESPECT TELL HER TO HIT THE ROAD.

My mil is blocked from my social media. I have done A-Z in ways to help the situation, get her to stop etc etc and nothing works. I was getting messages bc my cover photo was my daughter and not her son (hubby) or my step son. I’ve been in my step sons life since he was 1.5 and he’s 5. He runs to her when I enforce things or whatever and my husband had to step up on that part and tell her that I am his step mom and I am to be respected and listened to as equally as his father. She always felt the need to tell me how terrible I was before that :roll_eyes:

Long story short, yes block her if you feel the need. it ain’t worth it

You’ve put way too much stock in how this woman feels about you. That is the real problem. Find a way to free yourself from this need for her approval and you’ll be much much happier! Also talk to your SO about your feelings.

1 Like

you need to set limits in your contact with her and your boyfriend should be helping you with this do not answer her texts just love your self good luck I am praying for you

Block her and anytime she comes over leave. No way would I break up my little family because of her. Go to the dr he would be able to tell you better about eating healthy and weight loss. Do not let her come between y’all. Maybe try some counseling for your self esteem. Talk to your bf and tell him how this makes you feel. And lastly dont be so sensitive, what she says is not who you are, also just dont eat all the junk she brings over. If you do choose to still see her and let her say ugly things to you, come back with well what is your “professional” recommendation on a good exercise program. What do you suggest I do to help me.

1 Like

Who’s life are you living? Her’s or yours? I would surely keep my distance from her. However why are you arguing/disagreeing in front of a child? Take to another room he doesn’t need to hear anything especially if he is telling her things…good luck!

2 Likes

I would block her. She sounds like a toxic person
Who cares what your weight iij s. If you are comfortable in your body it doesn’t matter what others think of you. Your being a great mom in my opinion. My favorite saying is… it is none of my business what your opinion of me is. Block her

5 Likes

You need to speak to your fiance about all of this going on with his mom including the way you feel about yourself. If hes not supportive then maybe you should rethink the whole thing and go back home.

5 Likes