Is it wrong of me to block my fiances mom on everything?

You dont have to be skinny to love yourself. Bc tell me if I’m wrong, its not just MIL who will offend you in regards to your weight, she is just the most consistent right now. I’m not condoning her behavior in any way. But if you learn to love yourself, no one else’s opinion will matter.

3 Likes

I would sit her down and have a chat. Let her know how you feel. Sometimes being in the fitness world you forget that not everyone wants to be just like you. I would almost guarantee that she just thinks she is helping. IF you let her know and explain that she makes you feel awful, she may stop.

Almost felt like I had posted this. My MIL hates me. Partially for the weight and partially cuz we are dif races. She’ll play nice sometimes but only when she wants something. If her fiancee hasn’t stood up to her yet chances are he wont. My husband and I 8 yrs later still argue about it. She’s tried breaking us up many times. But she is not allowed in my home and he goes to see her without me and the kids. I would still talk to the fiancee cuz maybe he is just oblivious to everything.

Block her. Only talk to her when need. Keep all text messages so when she tries to turn ur fiance against u, there is proof of what was said. Keep the adult discussions private from the child, send him to play in another room. Talk to ur fiance nd tell him how u are feeling. If he can’t stand by ur side now nd have ur back, then things won’t change once you are married. Do not listen to her, u are taking care of it family ur way. Ask her which bill she wants to pay? If she looks dumbfounded, say if ur not paying my bills u jave no voice nd leave it at that. Do not let her walk over U. He chose YOU, he loves u, she is probably butthurt becuz she is afraid she will lose her son, nd grandson. He probably depended on her a lot before you came into the picture. Let him handle it, do something before ur daughter is old enough to start understanding what is being said nd grandma’s toxic remarks start affecting her.

1 Like

Tell her to butt the hell out. Also yall shouldn’t be discussing things in front of the 5 yr old. When she comes over grab your baby up and go somewhere. Just because she’s into fitness doesn’t mean everyone is. Talk with fiance tell him how this makes you feel and cut ties to mil

1 Like

If she is a true professional trainer she may be only wanting to help you but may use the Jillian method…eyeroll. Ask her what kind of nutrtion plan she would put someone on for hashimotos. Involve her…maybe she hasn’t many who scramble for her advice. However, if she promotes other women to your husband. That is altogether a horses ass that needs to be ridden hard

Don’t ever allow someone to tear you down. As politely as possible tell her exactly how she makes you feel and that you will no longer allow her to speak to you unless it’s something nice. As a woman herself how would she feel if someone made her feel that way?

1 Like

Know your worth not everyone is going to value you… you don’t have to prove your worth to anyone…anyone who puts down another human being is a terrible person…you have every rightvto remove negative or toxic people out of your life ut the fact of the matter is she is now apart of your family she going to be your possible mother in law put her in her place tell her how she makes you feel…sit her down women to women in a respectful manner you dont need to invovle your fiance call her get together and get shit off your chest but do it it a mature and respect way so that you dont offens her and so that you can walk away the bigger women sometimes bad behaviour needs to be adressed to change

Yes if you must, block her to save your peace.

You need to sit down, with your fiance and his mom and discuss all of this. Let them both know how you feel…Hopefully, his mom stops this B.S. before the two of you get married.

Tell her to kick rocks. As far as losing weight, baby steps to eating right & slowly working out.

tell fiamce to tell his mom to back off and not interfere or it may not work

No I still have my mother in law and sister in law blocked on everything

When she walks in the room you walk out don’t give her the time of day when she calls on the phone don’t pick up

For one thing you never talk in front of a child so you don’t have to worry that he will say anything to her and you tell her to but out and than go to your man tell him what’s been going on and it needs to stop now

I’d tell her to f**k right off! And your man needs to speak up.

2 Likes

Tell her to her face, STOP. People treat you the way you allow.

1 Like

Kick out your mother in law she is the main problem here. :grin:

2 Likes

Before doing anything talk to your fiance.

Tell her to STFU and block her. It’s your life you don’t need her bringing you down.

Tell her to butt out and shut up

Get married, go to church & let God take over your life not this woman. You can also block her text if you want. :pray:

First of all, I’m so sorry you are going through this. You most certainly didn’t deserve that! If she truly is being a snarky jerkwad just to spite you, then you’re right to block her.

And she have no business being a personal trainer or whatever that she is if she’s going to be that insensitive about your health issues, I can’t imagine her with her clients!

And she also have no business butting in like that. Shame she can’t pull her head out of her ass to see past your skin and see YOU for YOU.

I wouldn’t waste another second on that woman, whether she’s your fiance’s mother or not. You’re marrying him, not her. If he’s being supportive of your decisions then you’ve made the right choice in him. If he is being a Mama’s boy, I’d go back home.

Best of luck, love

I’ve blocked mine for less🤷‍♀️

she is not helping you or him

Tell her to kiss your ass.

Talk to her first find out the reasons you feel so irritated by her actions!then come to some type of agreement yes its difficult to sway someone else’s opinions of u and u cant force to b liked ! Put the best interests of her son r at stake by not letting your fam live a peace and harmony

Girl, don’t let his mother dictate you!! She does NOT define you, her bullying you is unacceptable!! So, you’ve a few choices; 1. tell her to “F” off and leave you alone, that you are raising YOUR family. 2. try to sit with her Son and her and discuss your feelings that she is creating and set some boundaries. 3. Ignore her bullying and hope she stops or 4. Let his Mom have him take your baby and run. <3 When she brings junk food, thank her and then when she leaves throw it away. When she takes you to eat, eat … This is YOUR life, NOT hers!!

7 Likes

My two cents for what it’s worth!
Your husband needs to put her and her comments back in her little box! How this has been “allowed” to get to this point blows my mind! Your weight, your life choices, your child and your relationship are NONE OF HER FUCKING BUSINESS… she’s had her life, best she get another hobby as it appears she’s made you and your life her hobby!
Stand up for yourself, find your voice and use it… if you dont do it for yourself do it for your daughter and your relationship. Your weight is irrelevant here, when you want to proactively lose weight, you will! On your time, in your own way without the need for your MIL’s input!
Sit down with your husband and be very clear and direct with your feelings and position. It’s then for the two of you to sit down with her. Lay out the boundaries and make it very clear what they are. Your MIL has more to lose than you do… good luck x

9 Likes

Kids talk, keep your business out of earshot…
Wife comes before Mom,
Hubby needs to lay down the law to her and so do you.
Forward all texts voice messages Etc to your husband
let him deal with it. If she brings food to the house you don’t want, have hubby take it to work or
donate it to a Foodbank…

1 Like

Strict boundaries on all toxic people.
He needs to speak to her with what is expected of her.

1 Like

Block her! And tell him he needs to put her in her place. She has zero right to disrespect you like she’s doing.

2 Likes

Blocker her and in person don’t listen to her when she’s says that stuff… walk away or cut her off as she’s talking

1 Like

RUN…go back to your family. If he comes back to you, he’s a keeper. If not, move on.

She is a BULLY and has no right to say anything to you about anything!!!

2 Likes

I have my mother in law and most of my husbands family blocked.

3 Likes

Firstly, she isnt the reason you hate yourself and are insecure about your place in you mans life. You cant put that on her. that kind of self hatred isn’t good for you and i would suggest seeking help for it because i went through it for a long time and got in a deep painful space because of it. everything else the mother says needs a big fuck you for though. Don’t let people talk to you like that and if your man has a problem with you telling her to shut her cock holster he ain’t the right one for you. If i was you i would literally tell her to mind her fucking business, she ain’t feed, fucking or financing you!

4 Likes

Sorry for what u going though I have hypothyroidism also and l have gone thru people calling me fat also I got tired of it I said do u really not know I already know I’m fat and one day the person that call me that got fat so just know carma a witch putting it nicely and or something else could happen and u can try walking in ur apartment a few min a day andget o. The right medicine for it and that should help u loose weigh good luck god bless

1 Like