Is it wrong that my exes girlfriend gave a gift to our daughter to gift to her dad?

This is just petty.
“He talks through her but I’ve never had a conversation with her” so you are just throwing irrelevant stuff around trying to make them look bad. Move on.

3 Likes

You’re making it a big deal for nothing.

2 Likes

The bigger issue is you not knowing someone in your child’s life. Like seriously, get over yourself about the gift.

4 Likes

I don’t think anyone needed to be rude in their comments, however, OP I do hope you see a pattern in all said comments. I’m gonna guess that maybe your a bit young? And possibly the first time your dealing with a situation like this? I could be wrong but that’s how it seems. It’s understandable you’ll have different feelings for the different situations that will arise. Just think hard about each one and make sure your directing your feelings in the right place and that they are valid. And try not to sweat the small stuff. As long as your daughter is happy and healthy and in no danger then try to be happy momma :wink:

Your ex will have a wife one day… and possibly other kids one day… and you will too…

So who he celebrates the day that’s literally MADE FOR FATHERS with, and who buys him gifts, has NOTHING to do with you. If anything he happy she included your baby and was thoughtful enough to help your daughter celebrate her Dad.

29 Likes

I mean honestly, this seems like just a friendly gesture on her part I think you are overthinking it.

6 Likes

Next year please take her to buy him something. It’s awesome that she did this, please look at the positive side.

3 Likes

Now I get my son stuff for his dad on Father’s day, but his father never gets me even a card.
I get being a little upset about that, but it is what it is.

3 Likes

It’s all ok… it’s a nice gesture …that’s what good people do.

6 Likes

I always made sure my kids celebrated their dad on his day, and when he got into a serious relationship with someone who is basically their step mom I made sure they celebrated her too. Could be the daughter asked to get him something, or mom is trying to foster a good relationship between her child and her father. We have sole custody of my SKs because their mom is a trash bag of a person and I make sure they celebrate her on her days. Just because parents help their kids give gifts doesn’t mean there are still feelings there. My ex is a moron, but he’s still her dad. He was a crap boyfriend but he loves his kids. I won’t be the one to get between that. Their relationship has 0 to do with my relationship with him, and they shouldn’t be punished because we weren’t a good couple. That’s silly.

Stop being petty. You sound like you’re actually jealous of the new girlfriend. It’s not wrong that she helped the child buy a present and card for him. Like cmon why would this even be anything to be upset about? There was nothing out of line about it. No you don’t say anything about this. Grow up.

10 Likes

Oh honey no! Know your place! You are the ex! What he does on his time is up to him and his new gf . She was kind enough to think of him, and in turn your daughter! Keep to your lane, unless you had organised a gift with your child to celebrate fathers day leave them be

2 Likes

There’s nothing stopping you from getting something to give her dad on father’s day as well though.

Honestly stop wasting energy on them and letting them live rent free in your head. You will feel so much better for it.

1 Like

This has absolutely nothing to do with you whatsoever.

8 Likes

I take my soon to be step daughter out shopping for her mum (who hates me as she’s insecure about the bond I have with her daughter) and her mums’ new partner and his son too. For fathers day, mothers day, Easter, birthdays and Christmas. I also take soon to be step daughter out shopping for her dad, her grandparents and I also still go out with my 3 bio kids to get their dad presents as well. I think it’s a beautiful gesture that she made an effort to work with your daughter to make her father feel special.
Kids before ego hun :black_heart:

4 Likes

You are wrong. It’s about your daughter, not your feelings

4 Likes

I think it’s awesome.

1 Like

You sound petty. The gift has nothing to do with you, and everything to do with your child’s father.

3 Likes

You are making a big deal over nothing

3 Likes

Why didn’t u and your kiddo buy a gift for him and let her give it to him
But I’m assuming it’s got to be about you later on he’s gonna have a wife and have kids of his own cause his life will go on and they will do things for him that will not include your daughter are u gonna be mad about that too it was just a kind gesture I’m sure she could have given him a gift herself but decided to o include your daughter that was nice of her u need to really let it go

3 Likes

So what it’s none of your business quit being petty

2 Likes

You’re whiny and toxic this isn’t about you!

Let coparents be coparents.

It’s not about you and what you’ve gotten in the past……it’s about showing appreciation for the father of your child……if someone else wants to do that……LET THEM!!!

God….pour yourself a drink or go get a manicure and a cup cake like the rest of us split moms….suck it up!!!

You have got to be kidding. You’re definitely overreacting, lady.

1 Like

That has nothing to do with you. Don’t get your feelings involved.

Tbh people can be down right nasty, especially in relationships where they don’t have any kids of their own but their partner does. The fact that she included your daughter was a big W. If anything I’d find a way to thank her. She doesn’t have to include your daughter but she did. Idk the situation but I’m gnna sssume it wasn’t her trying to “take a shot at you”. He is a father. And he has a gf and they share a life together. You can’t expect them not to celebrate a day made to appreciate fathers. Some day you’re gnna have a significant other and I’m sure they’ll get you gifts on Mother’s Day and include your daughter, and you aren’t gnna want your ex stepping in saying “that’s not right, I feel attacked” you’re gnna want him to be happy for you. Be happy for them and for your daughter❣️

3 Likes

Be glad she did it for YOUR child… she could want nothing to do with her…

6 Likes

Sounds like your ex traded up ….

2 Likes

What’s the real reason your mad about? Kids have feelings and love to give gifts. Did you buy her something to give to her dad? Doesn’t sound like you did because you aren’t thinking about your daughter you’re thinking about yourself and that in itself is where you’re wrong. Good luck letting the jealousy eat you alive; just remember her feelings matter. You can not like him or his girlfriend all day long; but at the end of the day it’s her daddy and the girlfriend helped make her feel good and you’re over bitching about it.

Why didn’t YOU make sure your daughter had a gift for her daddy well she was with him for Father’s day?

7 Likes

Yeah, you’re totally in the wrong. That is her father, and, as a child, she can’t give him a gift. He deserves to be celebrated and his partner cared enough to involve your child in it. Your actually angry he didn’t get you anything for mother’s day. Which is pretty AF. Can you take a step back and focus on what’s best for your kid?

6 Likes

Let me get this right your ex’s new girlfriend gave your daughter a gift and a card to give to her father for Father’s Day and you have a problem with that? Why? You sound Petty yes you’re wrong for feeling like you do she didn’t do anything wrong nothing at all it’s not about you. It was about your daughter and her dad. I think his girlfriend did a nice thing and it hurt no one and it had nothing to do with you. I’m sorry that he didn’t think about you on Mother’s Day and do the same. BUT That’s not your daughter’s fault or his gf’s. And obviously this woman is going to be in your daughter’s life so maybe you should grow up be an adult and actually meet the woman. My kids did not get to meet my ex-husbands girlfriend now wife until after I met her first for no other reason than this is the other woman that was going to be involved in my children’s life on a regular basis and I wanted to meet her because we all had to be able to co-parent together we’re grandparents now and our kids are grown but we don’t do or get upset about petty stuff like this and we didn’t do or get upset about petty stuff like this then either. Know why? Because it’s wasnt about us it was about our kids.

5 Likes

I’m sorry, I have to say props to her for wanting to be involved and getting him a gift from her. I don’t think it was done to be spiteful or anything, she may of thought it was her responsibility being the girlfriend. It didn’t happen within your four walls, so as hard as it maybe for you I wouldn’t take offense to it. Be glad she cares and wants to be involved with your child

11 Likes

Soooo why didn’t you get your child a gift for him is the bigger question?

6 Likes

I actually think that is a lovely gesture, you should feel lucky that she is interacting and being a good role model in your daughters life, this was simply about your daughter and her daddy, please try to see this from your daughters eyes, a simply beautiful kind act!

6 Likes

You’re being petty. It has nothing to do with you. She helped your daughter celebrate her father for Father’s day.

8 Likes

How dare she be a decent human🤨 the nerve…

10 Likes

I’ll be real you’re just feeling jealous deal with the issues you have with their relationship and how he’s handled but apart from that stay out of it all because honestly someone that cares enough to do something like that probably isn’t the worst person in the world

9 Likes

Pettiest shit I’ve seen in a long time :joy:

You’re definitely wrong and need to get over it :person_shrugging:. He set the tone not wanting to do anything for mothers day and rightly expects his partner would for father’s day. It’s nothing to do with you at all.

5 Likes

Time to move on. Key word here is “ex”

4 Likes

Perhaps you’re lucky this lady is nice to your child? She could be mean or treat her badly if she wanted. Remember, she will be helping take care of your child. Try meeting her. When everyone is on the same page, parenting is easier. What’s best for the child is always first. Having a strong co-parenting front will be the greatest gift to all of you.

20 Likes

Sounds like she was being very nice. :woman_shrugging:t2: why be upset that she’s including your daughter and helping her do nice things for her dad?? Some co parents wish they were that lucky!

12 Likes

I think that was a nice thing for the girlfriend to do, she was thinking of her partner feelings, as she wanted him to have something on fathers day. Were you planning on buying a gift on behalf of your daughter??? If the scenario had been that your ex bought a gift for mothers day, so your daughter could give the girlfriend, then I would understand your feelings but not in this situation.

8 Likes

He’s your ex, he’s got a girlfriend now and she bought something for his (and yours) daughter to give her dad. That sounds like something that went on in his home and you’re no longer with him so what does it matter to you?? He moved on and has a life separate from you now. It’s no different than if you had a boyfriend and he got you a gift from your daughter so she could give you something.

13 Likes

Swallow your pride sweetheart, promise you will feel better about it, and actually appreciate what she did, instead of question it…

4 Likes

I think she was trying to be nice and you are letting it bother you too much. Apparently she likes your daughter and wanted to do something nice. Let it go.

4 Likes

Yes you need to chill out. There is absolutely nothing wrong going on here. Nothing that is harming anybody. Why do you WANT her to be bitter or something? Do you WANT her to be rude and brief with your kid? She’s obviously around her so why tf wouldn’t you want her to love your child and include her in special occasions?

My husband’s ex ( I adore her we’ve become close ) buys him father’s day gifts or birthday gifts. Because thier daughter wants/ ask aside from us buying him gifts and we do the same . There’s nothing wrong with it … Simply a kind gesture,why didn’t you want her to give him anything. He’s obviously present in her life .

2 Likes

I think it depends on her intentions. If she’s a decent person then it was a selfless act . However there’s still a question of did she do it to try and push you out and play happy families its your place to do these things more than it is hers but maybe she genuinely sees your daughter as her step child

3 Likes

Now tell us, if this was a mother’s day gift that she bought with your daughter to give to you from your daughter would this be just as bothersome? LoL actually my guess is yes bc it involved his girlfriend. The moment you decide you no longer want to be with him you no longer get to say to he is with. With that you cannot dictate how they celebrate holidays together. Sorry but the gift was from your daughter to him by whichever channel it occurred he had a father’s day gift the same way you get your mother’s day gift through whichever channel you received yours.

3 Likes

Omg are you kidding me how awesome of her to do that. Get over yourself

3 Likes

Girl if you dont go get you sme business. You sound crazy asf

3 Likes

How damn old are you? Get over the fact that the father of your child is no longer with you. Learn to let the dumb shit go.

Nah that new gf is a groomer. Lol

1 Like

That’s your job but you weren’t doing it. This isn’t about you or him it’s about your daughter being able to celebrate her father whom she loves very much. Keep the perspective where it belongs, on the kid. That’s where the girlfriends mind is, and that’s an excellent sign for your family.

5 Likes

Lmfaooo fr? If it’s that big of a deal to you then you can also help your daughter do something for him but honestly? Idfk, consider yourself off the hook now. Like I said if you WANT to help the kid do something then by all means go for it. I helped my kid get something for her dad for the first couple years after we split but now I just let her choose a card and call it good. His new wife has it covered, one less thing off my plate :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

I see noithing wrong with it. Be glad the girlfriend thinks that much of your daughter

5 Likes

Least the other lady is making an effort, be happy about that. Key word is EX, you can’t dictate what happens at the other parents house unless you’ve got proof of harm. Your situation could be a hell of a lot worse

5 Likes

Seems like you are fishing for trouble. Would you rather have her resent and be hateful to your daughter and be mean to her.

What goes on when your daughter is with her father is honestly none of your business anyway. Unless she is in danger!
SMH

2 Likes

I did this with my step daughters, I bought something for them to give to their mom for Valentine’s day. And then she returned the favor :person_shrugging::person_shrugging:

5 Likes

I think it’s important for kids to show appreciation to their parents. She is just helping your child be able to give a gift to her dad on Father’s Day. I don’t understand why you would be upset about this. You are no longer together, why would this upset you?

13 Likes

As the other parent perhaps you could have helped your child make something for the father? Doesn’t always have to be about $ it’s the gesture. The woman was being nice and I don’t feel it’s really your business if you aren’t with him. Just let him live his life, would you want him confronting you/people in your life with the same things? Stop it.

7 Likes

Thos isn’t about your daughter…and as long as the child isnt being hurt… It is none of your business. He moved on…you should too.

7 Likes

To me this comes across bitter . It’s a lovely thing to do

9 Likes

There’s absolutely nothing wrong with that. His gf sounds sweet, and you’re looking for drama. grow up.

5 Likes

Lmao… tell the gf to get you something for Mother’s Day or don’t get dad anything. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::joy::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::joy: #ridiculous

1 Like

Co-parenting 101
*Be Better/Coexist

6 Likes

I’d think its kinda weird at first but really wouldn’t care. Not my business.

Girl bye. You sound like a bitter baby mama. What’s wrong with her giving the baby a gift to give to her daddy on father’s day? Ugh

12 Likes

For the past 6 years I’ve helped my step daughter make cards/art and buy gifts for her dad for Fathers Day :woman_shrugging:t3: I think both the girlfriend and the child are just trying to show some appreciation towards dad, there shouldn’t be a problem with that

10 Likes

Wow, it’s obvious you’re jealous of this new girlfriend. What an awesome partner that they are doing some kind gestures for their man on father’s day for YOUR child. Grow up dude.

11 Likes

I guess I would ask why it bothers you? Genuinely…no shade. Im re-married now but I still get gifts from my daughters to their dad. They pick it out and we get it, they give it to him. Nothing pricey. But I also know that its something for my daughters. I dont do it for him. I do it because it makes my girls smile to be able to give their dad a gift. But if he had a girlfriend then I would have 0 issues with her getting him a gift from our daughters.
Its not about us as parents, its about the children we brought into this world. And choosing to not allow war in their worlds between 2 parents they love.

8 Likes

Who cares like seriously :unamused: you aren’t with him he is with this woman she bought something for her man so your daughter would have something to give him for the occasion tf

8 Likes

Maybe she did it for more for your daughter so she had something to give because you don’t. Bitter baby mama

9 Likes

Step back and really look at why you’re mad. Is it really abt the gift itself or is it she did it? I get it but before you make waves, ensure you’re mad/upset for the right reasons.
Do you know what happened? Were they just out and the topic came up so she grabbed something or did she just do it? Either way, as a baby momma and a stepmom, I don’t feel she was being malicious.
You can feel how you do but keep in mind, the only one you’ll hurt by looking for drama is your daughter.

4 Likes

Umm what? If they are together in a serious relationship, she is going to be in your child life. I would thank God to have someone include and think of my child and do nice gestures. Why do you care that she helped your child get daddy a gift, it’s “their” household. It may have been more for your daughter to feel special about giving dad a gift or thank you. The gf can’t control that the dad never got you stiff. I understand having a hard time with things but this isn’t what seems to be something to get that upset over.

6 Likes

I honestly think it’s super thoughtful. Your daughter is too young to get him something herself. She’s making sure her man gets a father’s day gift from his child lol. I honestly don’t see why it would bother you at all. I think it shows how much she respects that your ex is a father and is trying to show that. Especially since there is no guarantee he would have got a gift at all otherwise. And I’m sure your daughter was excited to give it to him! Are you upset that you weren’t the one to get your ex a gift for your daughter to give him? Thats how most separated parents do holidays when the kids are little. She kinda made you look bad for not doing it honestly. YOU should have done it to show that you respect your child’s father but she stepped up for your daughter. Or are you upset that she didn’t get anything for your daughter to gift to you on mother’s day? I’m thinking it’s the first thing honestly. Maybe a little of #2 since you kinda mentioned it but mostly the first. Get over it.

4 Likes

How else would a small child give any store bought gift if an adult didn’t assist….?

7 Likes

I think it was a lovey gesture on the part of his gf. Your the EX ……his GF doesn’t owe you anything other you should be happy that little girl is in your life …and she made her daddy smile on his day
If you can’t be anything.
Just be grateful and kind.

1 Like

Wow, you sound bitter. She’s being nice, be happy your daughter and her have a good relationship

12 Likes

It is so sweet of her!! How awesome of her to care enouch to teach her he is important to both of them.

6 Likes

Yes you are wrong. You’re jealous. Move on and grow up.

13 Likes

What she did was absolutely lovely. I have no idea how you could be so upset by it :frowning:

10 Likes

What is your problem? You should be thankful that she included your daughter in it , was a very thoughtful gesture from her so your daughter could celebrate her fathers.
I think that you are just jealous and still not over the break up.

8 Likes

sounds like you need to grow up & she knows it.

she did it for your daughter.

6 Likes

Huh
I’m confused …

Correct me if I’m wrong

Ur ex partners girlfriend brought a gift for her partners daughter to give to him on Father’s Day ??

If so that is fine lol
That great :+1:
Well done to her making sure that ur daughter got to celebrate Father’s Day with her father.
How sad that u would rather ur daughter miss out on something and someone so caring

What more could u ask for ?
Grow up this isn’t about u

13 Likes

Pick your battles. This is a nice gesture.

7 Likes

You sound like my husbands ex :roll_eyes:

9 Likes

It may have been for him, but ultimately it was so your daughter could gift him something for fathers day. Im sure you could see how happy this made her to be able to give her dad a present. Don’t pick a fight out of nothing, it takes a village and the girlfriend didn’t do anything wrong.

11 Likes

U need help ma’am!!! She could be the evil step mom and keep his attention all to herself and gifted it to him herself. But Instead she included your daughter “HIS” daughter on celebrating HIS day. Please don’t be that lady. I deal with a woman like u and it makes everything so difficult. It’s really not a big deal. Please don’t be bitter and be glad the step mom or gf thought of doing something special with your daughter and him. :unamused:

9 Likes

I really really REALLY hope this is a troll post…

7 Likes

This is literally insane. You’re upset about something that has absolutely nothing to do with you.

10 Likes

Bitter BM alert… There are so few great stepmoms left out there because of people like you… Why would it bother you that she gave your daughter a gift to give to HER father on FATHERS day… did you really hope that the women on here would slander her and make her out to be a monster?

You are jealous and bitter. Grow up and be an adult. He doesn’t owe you nothing, she doesn’t owe you nothing. Move on with your life and stop looking for trouble where there is none.

13 Likes

Yes you are wrong. They are a relationship, out of the PURE kindness she went out of her way to make sure she had something to give her dad for Father’s day. Yes you do need to meet her as she is obviously around your daughter but as far as the other part you sound jealous that he has a significant other. Get over it and move on.

8 Likes

Your wrong don’t over react this is good the more people love your child the better it’s okay to feel upset because you don’t want to share your child but know that this was a good gesture let this be a blessing that someone else cares about your child and talk to her introduce yourself you don’t have to be best friends but be civil at least for your child’s sake

1 Like

As someone who co-parents very well with my husband’s sons mother we go together for the child! When you can’t co-parents it really messes with the child’s mental health, even as teenagers and adulthood! You need to do better for your daughter! Be happy that he is with someone who is trying be a good role model to your daughter instead of the “evil step mom”.

2 Likes

You are definitely wrong. She helped your daughter have a special moment with her father. Your daughter needs to have a healthy and happy relationship with him. Why aren’t you encouraging that?

13 Likes

I think it’s nice that is new girl thought about your little girl and wanted to make her happy by giving her dad a present. It probably hurt your feelings and I understand that. Just be thankful for people that are thinking of your kids

6 Likes

I think that is sweet … As a step mum myself… I have done this many times for our children…
It’s ok that your upset but not ok at the same time… it makes you sound jealous and petty.

3 Likes

That was a really sweet gesture on her behalf. Maybe you should try sitting down over a coffee with her and talk about why you feel this way with your ex’s girlfriend. She sounds like a caring person

2 Likes