Is it wrong that my exes girlfriend gave a gift to our daughter to gift to her dad?

Girl you sound jealous as all hell! Get over it. It’s nice.

4 Likes

If it was the other way around & your new partner got you a gift for mothers day from your daughter would you not accept it?
You sound like a bitter baby mama. That’s his new gf, she’s in your daughter’s life. I think it’s a sweet gesture.

5 Likes

I bought stuff for my son (not my so’s) and his son (my step son) to give my boyfriend. I also bought him gifts from myself. I bought a gift for my son to take to his fathers when he goes. I buy my stepson gifts to give his mother for ALL holidays!

I’m not sure why you’re upset and I feel like it’s more about her and less about the gift. If you wanted to get him something for your daughter to give him her doing the same does not take away from you doing it. It’s teaching your daughter in so many ways from both sides. I pray my ex-husband finds some one who supports and treasures him. I do not get along with my ex husband. We have to use a parenting app to communicate.

is this really over a gift she bought for him from your daughter or are u really jealous and bitter? my guess is the second one! i dnt see the big deal. your bein rediculous and once u let go of whatever u and ur daughters father had u will be able to coparent a lot easier.

5 Likes

This woman is trying to love and support your baby and her father and doing so by involving your child and helping them feel like they’ve gotten him something for/and to celebrate Father’s Day.
Girl, you’re looking at this whole scenario through a fkn kaleidoscope.

5 Likes

This is very immature. I see this childish in so many ways. It was to make your child feel special that she got her daddy something. She is 5 she couldn’t buy it so the new girlfriend took her and got it for her. Were you going to give the father of your child a gift…. the way you worded it….I say no. Who cares who bought it…your daughter felt special giving her daddy a Father’s Day gift. At this age believe me I have a 7 year old little girl and her daddy and I have been split up since she was 3 we buy each other gifts for HER to give to each other. You should see the SMILE on her face! Be mature gift your ex on his bday and Father’s Day any holiday the gives gifts because it’s not about you it’s about making your child happy seeing a good relationship between mom and dad even though you couldn’t work out together. You guys have at least 13 more years of coparenting get along even if there is going to be more girlfriends you two chose not to be together when you made that decision you should of expected this.

4 Likes

I really think you are absolutely ridiculous. Read this again to yourself. And I really hope you’re not teaching this behavior to your daughter

3 Likes

No I wouldn’t say anything. She just wanted her boyfriend to feel appreciated by his daughter on Father’s day. I think it’s sweet

5 Likes

You need to get over it.

Your joking right??? I mean there is no way this is a serious question

1 Like

I don’t see anything wrong with that. Think of how special it made your daughter feel… end of story.

Pick your battles…this is minor in the grand scheme of things. Just part of life in co-parenting

1 Like

Sometimes you just have to be the bigger person. Your daughter is 5. Doesn’t need to be tit for tat maybe in the future it’ll come back around on your end

I wouldn’t have a problem with it myself I would actually think it was nice. She might not have got a gift for her to give you because like you said she doesn’t even know you.

Bitter baby mama at it’s finest :joy:

12 Likes

Oh my Jesus Christ shut up

It’s a sweet gesture. You need to get over it.

4 Likes

Grow up and be happy that this lady is working at building a relationship with the child vs pushing her away, the more people that love your baby the more she gains.

4 Likes

Kudos to the current girlfriend for considering your daughters feelings and her dad’s. You obviously still have issues and that’s ok. You just need to work through why you are annoyed.

5 Likes

Not a big deal. Don’t let jealousy corrupt that little girl if you are not with him anymore just let it be. Sounds like you are jealous of them being close. It might suck but don’t teach that kid so young how to be bitter and not crush her by making a huge deal about it. Your daughter is obviously bonded in some way just let it be. You will find someone that’s the only thing I can see why you are upset about it. I have a son that calls someone else dad too. It’s hard at first but just think of that kids heart and don’t make her feel some type of way for just for having a bond with the other woman.

Get over it & grow up. Something so little. It’s a sweet gesture. Feeling jealous much?

Instead of thinking about how YOU feel about this…think of your daughter and how SHE felt . I think it was very nice of her to help your daughter get her father a gift. I’m sure she was excited to give her dad a gift for Father’s Day. You have to pick your battles and instead of thinking about your feelings on any situation,put yourself in your daughters spot and think of how she feels. You got this!

4 Likes

You are a bitter baby momma … unreal

3 Likes

The girlfriend is trying to think of your daughter and her father. She’s just helping your daughter show appreciation for her father. This isn’t about you or about a holiday for you so yea, your being petty.

2 Likes

This is stupid. It’s just a daughter gifting her dad a present. For Father’s day. If you say something, you’ll only sound bitter/jealous. Let it go. It was a nice gesture.

2 Likes

Get over yourself. That’s his daughter as well and what happens at his house is his business. You only know because you asked your child questions or a 5 year old just decided to tell. The GF owes you no explanation and she doesn’t need your permission.

2 Likes

Yikes people in the comments are harsh. Who cares if the OP is feeling a little jealousy- it’s completely normal.

As for the question- I would leave it alone. She was probably just trying to be nice. Model love and acceptance for your young daughter :purple_heart:. I can imagine that might be hard, but keep trying over and over.

6 Likes

I can understand why you feel the way you do but if I’m honest she didn’t do anything wrong . I think some of the comments you’ve received have been pretty harsh & crappy… only you know how it made you feel but you have to remember it isn’t about you its only about your daughter & her relationship with her dad & with his current partner doing that for your daughter it shows she also cares for your girl too & that’s got to be a positive, maybe you felt a little like she took over a “mum” role and that hurt/upset you , that’s normal. Maybe try & have a sit down with dad & his partner & talk about it & hopefully you can get some peace of mind :heart:

2 Likes

You do not get to decide how your EX and his current GF celebrate FATHER’S DAY … she is his daughter too… and most S.O. will help a child get or make a gift for the dad… get over yourself

The exes girlfriend did not do anything wrong. Sounds like she is trying to foster the relationship between your child and her father. That should be a GOOD thing. Honestly, sounds like a jealousy issue that the same wasn’t done for you. Learn to keep whatever happened between you and your ex between you and make sure your daughter has 2 parents who love her and keep her out of the middle of it.

1 Like

with all due DISRESPECT, shut up :joy:

I think you are in the wrong. I wouldn’t be upset at all if I found out that someone put in the effort to make my child feel special that they got to give dad something. It sounds like the girlfriend is good with the kid and you’re maybe jealous?

Very nice , she thinking about her stepdaughter so sweet

1 Like

OMG, just take it as a cute gesture and move on… she is trying to build a relationship with the child, and it had nothing to do with you. She seems thoughtful and kind, and I would be happy she did something like that… get over it. It’s not a competition…

3 Likes

Your ex has a great girlfriend. She thought about your child. She made sure your child had something to give her father for Father’s Day. You should not be mad at that at all. That probably made you daughter so happy that she could give her father a gift for Father’s Day.

6 Likes

I would be thankful she thinks of those details and includes my daughter. I wouldn’t worry about it.

3 Likes

Learn to co parent. You’re wrong

2 Likes

SMH. Women like you wake up I’m the morning looking for things to be offended over. How is this even an issue lol :laughing: :joy: :rofl: you need some mental health services.

3 Likes

You have issues huh… fix you lady…

4 Likes

Sounds like she did something nice & there’s a little bit of jealously here. Who cares really.

6 Likes

Your daughter was so happy I bet to hand to Daddy and he smile and she proud. Stop it.

2 Likes

I know several people this is common practice. If it was an appropriate gift, let it be. She knew you probably wouldn’t but I bet your daughter thought it was okay.

1 Like

Why would he buy you anything ? Just because you are the mother :joy: no sorry you are not together. Get over him. :skull_and_crossbones:. It is your family responsibility not your exs! I be damned if my husband bought stuff for his ex! Women really need to stop thinking you are everything just because you had his child :joy:

Your wrong . Grow up . Your jealous and it’s not a good look. SHE was doing something nice thinking of both your daughter and your Ex it’s really none of your business anyway

2 Likes

I’m struggling to find the issue?

If it was your exs family that brought the gift would that have mattered? If not then why does it matter if the GF buys her something to gift to her dad, maybe the girlfriend knew exactly what he wanted or needed and found this the perfect opportunity for him to have it.

If it was the other way round and your BF gave your daughter a gift to gift to you would you be angry?

1 Like

I’ve been in a relationship for 5 1/2 years almost 6 now. 2 of those years we have been married. I would do things like this for my step children. I deal with the mama telling her children I’m trying to be their mama as well as replacing her and she has so much bitter anger and hate toward me it’s unreal. It has destroyed my relationship with my step-daughter because for years all her mama has done is down grade me. My step-son saw through his mamas bullshit and we are fine but not so much for my step-daughter and it has taken a huge hit on my marriage!! So being on that end if the girlfriend is good to your daughter helps take care of her and is building a healthy relationship with her don’t let it bother you. She is trying to be thoughtful I’m sure. I don’t know how long she has been in the picture and no nothing about her. Your mama but give her a chance. It is a very rewarding thing when you do. I have also been on the end of my daughter have an abusing step mother and hated me to the point she took it on my child. Her dad remarried and now has someone that I couldn’t ask to be a better step mother to my daughter. I think something like that is perfectly ok and look at this way you don’t have to do it. Just be mindful of their relationship. I get it I really do but don’t sweat the small things. Hope this is helpful.

You still got feelings for him. Thats why your upset. I don’t get dad anything from my daughter to give him. I used to but stopped. He don’t do the same for mothers day never did, even in marriage. I honestly hate mothers and fathers day. But that’s a whole other topic. Shoot save your money girl.

So you are upset with her because she bought your ex a Father’s Day card from your daughter because he’s never done anything for you? As a step parent (also a bio) to you I’m going to tell you to grow up. Be thankful she’s doing something for your daughter.

5 Likes

You’re so bitter. B glad she cares for ur child. Let it go. Get over yourself

1 Like

I guess no one liked you enough to tell you so I will
Not everything is about you, Lady.
Pull your head out of your ass and stop being a self centered pick me ass b

I would be elated if my child’s father new girlfriend was showing some kind of interest in my child’s life.

You are jealous, hell I would possibly be too. It’s okay, you can have your emotions but do not ruin this for him or your child. Your child deserves to have a good person around, and it seems like new girlfriend is (someone that hates your child would have never done that.)

Just let it be, you can be upset/jealous… just don’t cause issues with it.

3 Likes

I’m trying to figure out what piece of the story had anything to do with you? Her father’s girlfriend got her something to give to her dad. What’s to be mad about?

9 Likes

I got my ex husband a Father’s Day gift, something me and the kids made, because he’s my kids dad. He didn’t get me anything for Mother’s Day, but I will always make sure he gets a small gift for birthday/Christmas/etc so the kids have something to give him

1 Like

Unless your 5- year old has a job, I’m not sure how else this is expected to get accomplished? I would actually expect this to happen

2 Likes

Yeah I think this is a good thing. It’s okay to be a little put off by it, considering the sounds of your “relationship” with the girlfriend. But, it was the right thing for your daughter.

1 Like

Get over yourself. Please. Co parent the right way. :upside_down_face::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

3 Likes

If that’s how you feel then yes but I don’t think so I’d just be happy she involved her a lot of step parents want nothing to do with children that aren’t theirs

You’re being petty & thinking about yourself

1 Like

Maybe she thought it was nice from her perspective to be able to help teach your daughter that giving feels good!

4 Likes

Yes. You are being ridiculous. It isn’t a competition. Be glad that the girlfriend cares enough to help your daughter feel special.

2 Likes

I buy my ex a father’s day, Christmas, and birthday gift every year. We have two kids, and he’s never done the same in return. My kids deserve to be able to recognize their dad on those special occasions so I keep doing it :woman_shrugging: I see no issue here. Get over it

1 Like

So what I understand is dude’s girlfriend bought a gift FOR DIUDE for Father’s Day and had HIS/YOUR daufhter present it to HIM???!!!

If that’s the case, then YOU have no real argument. The girlfriend can buy whatever for him that she wants. She included your daughter in observing this holiday. It doesn’t really matter HOW you feel about it because it’s his place- and what harm what done?

It sounds VERY petty to me. There are worse things to be concerned about :woman_shrugging:t5:

3 Likes

Wasted my time reading this!! But hopefully you’ll read my comment…this is the most petty bs I’ve heard, this made 3 out of 4 people happy and you’re jealous! The most important person it made happy was your daughter and that should be your #1 concern. Learn to co-parent for her…Also when you get to the pearly gates you don’t have to answer for anyone else but YOURSELF, God isn’t going to ask you about what cindy lou who did, he’s going to see how YOU handled the situation. BE KIND

2 Likes

If things like that bother you, you’re likely to have a rough time doing the blended family thing. I have two biological kids and two bonus kids. As long as their needs are being met, I don’t care who is doing it. The 5yo wanted to do something for dad, and she got to. Please consider talking to a professional to help you have a more positive mindset. Good luck!

2 Likes

Your being petty, grow up

Tho it may have been just a kind gesture, I’m not convinced.
I feel there’s more to this, the ex relationship….?

1 Like

You should be absolutely thrilled she does these types of things. It’s shows she’s caring and that will only benefit your child. I would be more concerned if she didn’t want to celebrate the special bond he has with his daughter. Those types of behaviors are what you should hope for when it comes to who will be in your child’s life.

1 Like

Girl bye. Get over it and yourself.

1 Like

Oh my… I hope people don’t get mad over this. My oldest had a softball tournament and another teammate had to stay out of town with us on Father’s Day. On the way home, I stopped and got gifts for my husband but I also got something from the other girl for her dad since she wasn’t home :woman_shrugging:t2: But if me and my husband split up, I’d make sure he still got something for the holidays.

1 Like

Is there some sort of an issue im missing here. My exes now wife has always done this with our boys. I’d have a big issue if she didn’t participate in my boys life this way.

3 Likes

Yea, this is petty af - do some self reflection ASAP

6 Likes

That seems, thoughtful

1 Like

I think it’s really sweet and you should be thankful that the person in his life is doing things like that for your daughter. Your daughter probably enjoyed giving daddy a gift. Your being annoyed make you sound petty and makes you seem a little jelly maybe?

3 Likes

Holy crap you’re that mom that makes us all look bad. You should be HAPPY. She gave yalls kid a chance to give her dad something nice for FATHERS day. Get over yourself

11 Likes

You are 100% Wrong! This is super petty!

5 Likes

So essentially, the girl got a gift for her boyfriend and that’s somehow offended you? Stay out of their relationship, Learn how to coparent without being concerned about his relationship, and definitely drop this.

6 Likes

So you didn’t get something from your dd to give to her dad but the gf did and your pissed​:thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking: hmmm, it was Father’s Day and no matter the relationship you have or opinions you have of him , it’s about letting your dd acknowledge the day and do what she wanted to do. What’s happened between you 2 has nothing to do with the child

3 Likes

You are wrong, do not say anything. You need a reality check.

1 Like

The girlfriend is trying to be nice, leave it be :smiling_face:

1 Like

I would be thankful! I definitely would not say anything. Unless it’s thank you.

It sounds like the girlfriend is really trying to bond with your daughter. I, personally, would be much more interested in how she interacts with your daughter. that’s the only thing that should really matter to you. Kids love giving, she helped your daughter with that.

Too many women are competitive when it comes to children, I’ve witnessed it many times, please be thankful that she’s good to your girl, that’s all that really matters. You can’t choose who he dates, you can only hope she’s a good human and accepts your daughter.

3 Likes

You need a hobby. She bought a gift for your daughter to give her dad on Father’s Day. Maybe she knew you wouldn’t. She didn’t abuse your child, she did something nice. You’re upset she didn’t get you anything for Mother’s Day? WTH is wrong with you??? You are not part of their little circle. Get yourself a man if you need one that badly to stop focusing on stuff that is NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!!!

6 Likes

Did I actually read this right :woman_facepalming:t3:

3 Likes

Now that he is your ex you are going to experience lots of “new/different” things and some of those things will stir your emotions and that’s perfectly normal ( I think all women have experienced some feelings on different levels with the the new normals. It has nothing to do with you, that was a woman who made sure on a special day to include your daughter, be thankful especially if this girl friend is going to be around a lot. Consider yourself to be a lucky one that his girlfriend didn’t leave your daughter out not child is as fortunate as your daughter in these situations as long as her time with her dad was good don’t make it less about you and more about your child.

1 Like

Be thankful the gf wants to do this. My kids’ sm won’t do anything like this at all and she has four kids of her own (3 different fathers and my ex isn’t one of them).

Honestly, I would leave it alone. It was nice and honestly had nothing to do with you except that it was a card from your daughter together. Let him have his Father’s Day card. Regardless of who gave it to him. She probably thought it was a nice gesture, and it was. Just because the child is yours doesn’t mean it’s not a nice thing to do. Y’all aren’t together anymore. It was a safe assumption from dad that he wouldn’t get anything because of that fact especially if y’all don’t communicate, which from what you’ve said already, y’all don’t communicate at all. You need to find some type of grounds to come together and co parent in a healthy way. Because this isn’t healthy and neither is your way of thinking when it comes to your daughters relationship with his girlfriend and your exes relationship. I would be over joyed if my ex’s girlfriend was nice and thoughtful with my daughter. You never know, that woman could be pregnant with his kid. Would you still be salty if they did and she got cards for the both of the kids for dad on Father’s Day?

If you make this the hill you die on, yes you are being ridiculous.

1 Like

l get paid over $190 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $17975 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://AmazingWorking731.pages.dev/

Honestly you should stop being petty. It’s a gift for her father and just because the gf got it you being childish. Sounds as if you not over him. I personally would be thankful the gf included the child in making him happy for Father’s Day. She could have been selfish and not did anything you probably be upset by that. Let your child have normal. Or are you feeling she taken your roll? Either way it’s childish and petty. Pick your battles when it comes to the father and his gf. I praise the gf for doing it because she wanted her bf happy and your child a gift to give him.

3 Likes

No it’s his girlfriend n that’s his daughter also. If she doing that she must be a thoughtful n caring person. I wouldn’t be annoyed.

2 Likes

l get paid over $190 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $17975 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://AmazingWorking732.pages.dev/

I agree with the mom’s that say it wasn’t wrong.

But I am actually disgusted at the ones jumping down your throat!!! Shame on you to those of you that have done that here. It should be a judgement free environment meant for questions like this one!!

WOW… what’s the problem? In this situation YOU are wrong…

Nothing wrong with the girlfriend doing that

Yeah, trust me that small beans, you will deal with way more hair ripping situations than this.

It sounds like the little one, the gift and fathers day is being put in the middle of grown up issues. Its ok for biological parents to take their kids to get presents for the other parent for a holiday.

1 Like

That was so freaking sweet of her

1 Like

Is this really something to be mad about? The more people your daughter has to love her the better. You are petty. You should be thankful she is trying to bond with your daughter. Maybe you should find some kindness toward the gf. It really is in the best interest of your daughter.

You can dads gf buy a present for him? I but my hubby fathers dad gifts all the time from the kids and did when we started dating. It’s Fathers Day…he’s a Father!!

Most BMs don’t buy their ex presents. If anything that’s more boarderline than the gf getting him something (like why is your EX getting you a gift??)

Sounds like you’re being petty and insecure.

2 Likes

What she did was in no way wrong, it was a very thoughtful and kind gesture. You’re just being petty.

2 Likes

How can you be upset or offended by the fact that this person is trying to make a connection with your daughter and being good to your daughter that’s all any parent can ask for in life I know for myself thats all i want is for my children No matter what relationship they have with with someone they will love them and be kind to them connections are important, Whether or not they are biological,

5 Likes