Is it wrong to be mad over my rings?

Maybe focus on your actual love for him and not the ring

5 Likes

I rather pay $6,000 on kid clothes for my daughter than to buy a “dream ring”. The ex still wears it because she knows it bothers you. She knows she’s the fav in his family. Also, the man probably doesn’t wanna spend $6k on a ring for someone who is ungrateful. If you only married for the ring and gets jealous cuz of his ex. You married the wrong man or he re married the wrong woman. You seem to be shaming on your husband, I would be happy with a $200 ring lol.

1 Like

U sound petty id divorce you if I was your husband its never supposed to be about the ring it should be about the commitment and honor and life your building together I wouldn’t care if it was a ring pop candy if my marriage was true and real … I hope he leaves you and get someone he deserves because his biggest mistake was marriage to you and giving his kids to you lol you are so pathetic

12 Likes

As long as you love each other, it shouldn’t matter if the ring is a 1 penny gummy ring or a 1million pound rare jewel ring.
Marriage/love is not all about material and showy look at me things.

wwll I love my rings I’ve been up graded 4 times but the size doesn’t bother me my fristset came from a pawn shop loved them more cause they my frist set 45 years later we togetherits our love not the rings that keeps us together

Dont wear the rings ever again. When he questions it tell him again why. Dont wear another until he buys it for you. He is being cheap with you because it didnt work out with the first.

Wait so shes supposed to be happy about a ring that breaks her out… she cant even wear it comfortably at the very least her husband can replace with something that doesn’t cause discomfort

Nahhh if it matters to u it should matter to him. What a shame

4 Likes

I actually at a bridal fair found the jewelers and picked out rings. I took him to put them on layaway. He got them out 5 months before our wedding. I’ve since upgraded his ring for our 10th anniversary. He hasn’t updated mine but I’m ok with it and would rather he spend that money on the things I like such as travel for us and our family. If the ring is your thing then take him to ring shopping!

Sorry you are getting so many harsh comments… I will say it sounds awfully shallow how you worded this. I get it, and that it must be emotionally painful to feel less than… but basing that on a ring… sis he was married to her less than a year… they have no ties that bind… and you are hurting yourself here. I doubt highly he chose your ring based on hers… he gave you something in love and your reaction poops all over that… he chose you right? He chose your ring… while choosing you as well. He continues to love and choose you!

6 Likes

It’s not about the ring… at all….

7 Likes

Buy one yourself and charge his card -

8 Likes

I’d be pissed too. What’s petty to some isn’t to others. I’d have a talk with him about it. Some people have multiple sets of wedding rings.

4 Likes

To me, personally… a marriage isn’t about the ring or the size or how expensive it is or how cheap it is… it’s the relationship you built between each other. I’d be happy with a $100 ring or even no ring.

Tell him that you want new wedding rings for your next anniversary, and tell him how you feel second rate and your changing the situation.

1 Like

I’d feel the same waY, but at the same time the love seems stronger than the previous marriage and that speaks volumes.

1 Like

Buy your own rings :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

6 Likes

If it really bothers you that much say something to him or maybe suggest an upgrade for tour anniversary this year?? But why are you worried about what the ex had? That he didn’t buy… like am I the only one who thinks that’s weird… besides you have him and your family what does a ring matter? My husband gave me a 150 engagement ring when we first got engaged been together 13 years on the 21st and I loved my ring so much he recently got me a new one because he wasn’t happy with it.

Wow that’s messed up

1 Like

No you deserve a better ring. If she got that before why can’t you. I got my ring it wasn’t what I wanted and I hate it. I never wear it. If They can’t get you what you want or feel you deserve better then it’s not worth it. I just wish I had paid the extra money myself and got what I liked. But then that defeats the purpose

If you’ve been married for more years than you can count on one hand, why are you still obsessing over the ex and what she had/has? Is the ex still somehow in the picture? Does he still talk to her? Does he bring her up? This sounds like there’s more here than just anger about the rings.

Going to be real honest here…. You sound jealous and petty. You have been married longer and have children together…. That is WAY more than she got and worth more than some shaped metal and overpriced compressed coal. You sound like a self centered brat.

You seem to be most concerned about a ring. Really? So she got an expensive ring, but you got him and kids. You are being selfish. Do you love him or the thought of an expensive ring? You need to sort out your priorities.

Pick out want you want and go get them it make no difference it will never be what he put on you on your wedding day :ring:

I’m livid for you. I’d feel the same way. :rage:

5 Likes

In my opinion she deserves a nice decent set of rings not necessarily a huge rock but something for her to be proud of. Something she would be proud to leave (hand down)for a son or daughter. When me and my husband talked about marriage he took me to look at rings and asked me what I liked. I did tell him I’d be happy with what he chose but he insisted we both chose! So I decided I’d give him 3 to pick from and he could surprise me from those and in that way we somewhat had a choice, guess what? He chose the one I loved the most, but I would of been just as happy with the others because i was marring the love of my life! Unfortunately I lost my husband to cancer 11yrs ago but I’m proud to be able to hand down our rings to our daughter someday!

Girl We didn’t even have rings when we got married. For 4 years. We waited till we were financially able to splurge on rings for me. I get my husband $10 rings off Amazon all the time. He’s always losing them or breaking the silicone ones.

Why don’t yall go together and pick out some rings you want! If you’re able to finance them do that. Or pay cash. Either way yull both be paying for them since you’re married. Lol

It shouldn’t be so much about the dollar amount, but he should at least get something that doesn’t give you rashes

11 Likes

Nowhere in your post did you say he said no you can’t get new rings. ?

3 Likes

His mother paid for the Ex’s, your husband got yours… big difference. Honestly the one your husband got you is more valuable. My band and his was $30 each and the fake stones came out a while back, never got an engagement ring. Idc, it’s all we could afford. I got an amazing husband who puts up with my bull lol he’s a great Dad and very smart and crazy at the same time. Love him, and so I love what he gave me when he said forever. I do understand wanting a prettier ring… I look at others rings at how pretty they are. I had a pretty ring once, it was a horrible guy though, a real ahole. I’m really happy with what I have and I don’t ever take it off nor does he.

I’m sorry why are U basing your story around a ring that doesn’t make your marriage 2 ppl make a marriage not a ring

10 Likes

Buy her a ring other than that she seems like it’s no other complaint… lmao :joy:, Happy wife, happy life as long as it’s a reasonable issue… but fr both need to be happy with each other, honey sit down and talk. Lol

My husband bought a new ring for Christmas and I know he didn’t spend much on it but it’s the fact that he personally searched until he found what in his mind was the perfect ring. And I’m absolutely in love with it and I know it means a lot to him.

5 Likes

I absolutely agree I doubled my ct. size from his x’s. He’s selfish and I would take my stand on this. You deserve it

6 Likes

don’t talk around it. don’t drop hints. Have a backbone and tell him you want new rings.

6 Likes

It sounds like there are issues with you being accepted by the MIL as his new wife if those old pictures are being flaunted in any way with the ex wife’s rings, the cost and the story of how her and the MIL went to pick them out. Yeah that is hurtful not to be accepted by his family or downgraded. Personally I would just stop wearing the rings if you don’t like them and cite it as a health issue that they make you break out in a rash. Personally if he takes notes of you not wearing the old rings then I would suggest going to a pawn shop as there are some great deals there on some very pretty rings. You won’t be breaking the bank, he can help pick them out or approve of ones you like and maybe even trade in the old ones for money that you can get out of them to put toward the new rings. My ex MIL used to play lots of hurtful games with me so I understand how you feel. She would pit my BIL’s new wife against me and act like she was the “real” DIL and shower her and and her kids with gifts in front of me then treat me and my family very cheaply.

This is so petty it’s not even funny

6 Likes

I understand being upset cause clearly you can’t wear the rings, your allergic to the metal. Or something on it anyway. But also he can’t buy the most expensive ring for you like she got- they didn’t have kids to take into account. You guys do. Ask him if he wants to do a vow renewal or something and talk to him about replacing the old rings with something you can wear. Go shopping with him, it doesn’t need to be expensive either just something you like and can actually keep on. Like you said you guys have been married longer then they were together so clearly your relationship with him is better.
I am wondering tho- how you know she’s still wearing the rings since he doesn’t have kids with her, you shouldn’t be seeing her? :joy: looking at her social media photos? Cause her wearing the rings still you nor him can control. They are hers.

I’d Refuse to wear it, either buy me a new one or maybe I’ll meet my future husband since he will be able to approach me easier thinking I’m single bc I’m not wearing a ring :woman_shrugging:

I don’t see a point in getting new ring’s. But you dont need 6 thousand dollars rings to prove your love for a person. I been married since 1995 i gave seven hundred dollars for my wifes wedding band and I think the engagement ring was a little more. But i truly think she loves them both. I let her pick em out. And ive never heard anything ugly about her ring’s.

I wish some of the husbands could see what their wives are on here posting….I’d see this post and pack my shit and run for the hills and take my money :yen: with me

4 Likes

The only issue i see here is that it is giving her a rash. Cost doesnt matter, 200 is a good amount it cant be that cheap, 6 grand is ridiculous :astonished:

8 Likes

IMO yes you’re being ridiculous it’s just a ring. An u should def stop worrying about what his ex has. YOU HAVE YOUR HUSBAND that should mean more than a silly ring.

Mine was only $500 from the store on base :joy: my mil paid for it but I would definitely be upset if it makes you break out and is falling apart

Well buy ya own rings and throw him hints bout Xmas gifts, anniversary, and valentines for a new ring.

But be patient cause it’s people out here that can’t even afford $200 rings.

The price of the ring shouldn’t matter. It sounds like you’re jealous of hers and it’s making you hate your own more than you should. Get you one that you like to wear and wear the one he gave you as a necklace if you want to keep the sentimental value of it until he gets you something else. It’s just a ring. The fact that it’s causing rashes is the only real concern. :upside_down_face:

Don’t be mad. Communicate. Tell him you want an upgrade. Or maybe do a small ceremony and buy new rings to give to each other. Discuss new ring designs with each other.

1 Like

If you’ve been married to him for years and have his children And you want a new ring I say GO get what want!! I upgraded mine and my husband didn’t even noticed. :grin:
You are way past the ASKING at this point.

9 Likes

Hell, I have 2 white gold anniversary bands and a 1 ct white gold engagement ring but I don’t wear them because I’ve lost weight. I just bought 3 fake rings on Amazon that look similar to my rings. I got sterling silver so it wouldn’t tarnish (and I prefer silver to gold). They look great and I always get compliments on them. I’m on my second replacement set. The first lasted 3 years before needing to be replaced because I lost more weight. Definitely worth the $50 for all 3, the new set was under $30! I don’t care how inexpensive they were. We have better things to spend our money on.

1 Like

No, I gave my husband plenty of pictures and hints as too which ones I liked and then he spend $5 on wish got a ring that is falling apart and told me it’s the thought that counts

Don’t wear them and when he says something about it being it to his attention again… I’m sorry I understand it’s not about the ring but how it’s affecting your finger and breaking and feeling cheap because of how bad of shape they are …

2 Likes

I hated my engagement ring he didn’t listen to the style I like wouldn’t take advise from my best friend and my mom, I wore it for 2 months and bought my own engagement ring which I’ve worn for over a year now. He asked me 1 day about the ring change and I told him I tried my hardest to wear the ring you got me but I really don’t like it and couldn’t pretend to like it

Omg a bigger more expensive ring??? How is the marriage??

6 Likes

Wait it was okay for her to take a ring from his mother but you can’t take one from your grandma. :thinking:

12 Likes

It doesn’t matter how much the ring costs or how “fancy” it is. Doesn’t matter what the ex got. Only major problem I’m seeing is the rash. Nicely talk to him about it. Nagging won’t get you anywhere. Tell him you want something that doesn’t irritate your skin and move on with it.

2 Likes

Green eyed monster will ruin your entire life.

7 Likes

Marriage isnt based on rings, this is pretty petty. If you want another ring go for it. Have you even thought what ghose rings meant to your husband and why he choose them? You shouldnt be comparing anything to his ex as she is nothing to do with you hes your husbands past.

4 Likes

But do you love your husband ? Plus you accept the ring in the beginning so …

1 Like

I’d marry my husband all over again with a ring pop!

11 Likes

Well first off is the marriage good? Are you 2 happy (other than the ring issue?) If everything is OK then I’d tell him

Baby I’m going to look at some rings, I want to upgrade and ask him to tag along if he go’s then good if he doesn’t then good go buy what you like and if he gets mad remind him that he was told, he was asked and he had opportunity to go with, he knew how you felt about the old set so what’s the problem… that’s just me tho

I felt this one :disappointed: sadly

1 Like

Its not about the cost of the ring. Its about the meaning behind it. My husband and I didn’t have much money when we got married and picked out our rings together. I think we spent $10 total for the both of them. I will never take mine off. It might be “cheap” to some but to me it’s worth more than gold.

Go buy your own rings and tell him to grow up. A rash is serious and while cost of a ring doesn’t matter its really worrisome that he won’t even resize free rings to help a medical issue.

5 Likes

I’d listen to his words. He clearly is saying he bought you what he thinks you are worth. When a man repeatedly tells you and shows you with his actions that you have no value to them, listen. They aren’t lying. You might give him one more chance to dig the hole deeper by asking him if he really feels like the one he got you is truly a meaningful representation of his feeling and value of you. Good luck!

I mean, the ring is giving you a rash. If that doesn’t matter to him, more about this marriage needs to be evaluated than the ring itself.

Just count your blessings,

1 Like

Ok so I might be the odd one out here but you’re his wife if you want a nice wedding ring and he can afford to get you one you should have it!! When I was dating my hubby I let him know what I wanted in a ring if I ever got married and I got it. You’re devoting your life to him, you’re raising his children, he should give you what you want, he should want to give you what you want and you deserve it! Why wouldn’t he want to give you this if he knows this will make you happy. I would press the issue. :woman_shrugging:

I would be going to the bank and buying my new ones with his money!!! I have changed my wedding rings 3 times since I’ve been married. You need to have a honest conversation on how you feel. Tell him you feel like there cheap. We’re you happy when he proposed with said rings?

Well maybe you should be asking the mother-in-law, she paid for the exs :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

The biggest problem I see here is that they are falling apart and causing rashes. It’s more than a little childish to refuse rings from your grandmother because it doesn’t fit his ideals while yours are currently unuseable as they are.

I recommend retiring the rings you have. Get them cleaned, polished and put up in a display case with your mairage certificate and some other memory items from your wedding, ((his rings too))

Then the two of you go on a rededication vacation. Get new rings together that you both like and take a second honey moon. Fixes all the problems without bringing up the ex and her rings.

So your not wearing the wedding rings anymore?

To start with you shouldn’t compare your rings to his ex’s or be jealous over them. However if your rings are broken and causing a rash I do think he should upgrade them and get you new ones if you can afford it financially. You shouldn’t bring up his ex’s rings though just talk to him about how yours are breaking and irritating your finger and that you’d like to have rings that you can wear everyday and be happy with. Don’t bring up the cost just tell him you’d like to have some of better quality.

People are dying of covid19 and your worried about a bigger ring.
You knew when you married him, why bitch about it now.
Wear Grandmas ring too.

The part that got me is his ex still wears her ring… what?

Wait. His momma bough his last wedding ring and she still wearing it? Something not adding up hun😔

15 Likes

This is petty af. I get not wanting to wear because of a rash but I find it a little strange. Maybe you should get your rash checked out by a doctor if you haven’t already. Have you ever cleaned the ring? If you didn’t like it, you shouldn’t have accept it to start with. Why don’t you like it? Because it’s not as big as the one the woman got before? :roll_eyes: I’d get married to my man without a stupid ring.

My first ring was $150 ring. The ONLY reason I don’t wear it now is because it lost a stone and currently costs $300 to fix (I’m guessing value has gone up, etc.). Someday I will get it fixed so I can wear it again. It really sounds like you care more about his ex having a better ring than anything. I personally care more about the relationship I have with my husband than the ring he gave me.

Honestly I think you deserve the rings you want.

1 Like

Go buy you a set you like and be done with it…

Sounds like you’re just flat out jealous. Go get yourself a ring.

I use clear nail polish when a fake metal ring gives me a rash then it puts a barrier between your skin and the ring

Sounds materialistic to me

Think you said it yourself… their marriage lasted a year, no children. Your marriage has lasted, he brought children into the world with you. That’s all that should really count.

As for the rash, take them off, and perhaps buy yourself another or leave them off permanently.

For whatever reason, we always want more. If the marriage is good, appreciate that and forget the minor stuff.

7 Likes

Personally I would TAKE THE OFFENDING RING OFF and don’t put it back on. If you choose to put it on again, your endangering your own health.

3 Likes

She has the ring, but you have the husband.

4 Likes

So just simply tell him babe I’m really over my rings. I think I have earned an upgrade for new rings. Let’s go look at new rings this weekend…don’t mention anything about the ex or your mother in law. It sucks because that is a crappy thing your mother in law showed you pictures of the ex ring that she contributed to but either way it’s done. Don’t nag just be smart on how you word it so you can get the rings you want. Don’t sit and wait for him either. It will never get done. He just needs a push and stroke of the ego. I actually heard this advice from a video Steve Harvey did. Good luck.

You’re putting too much hate and energy into rings. Rings don’t make a marriage.

17 Likes

Wow smh…buy your own then

1 Like

Stop wearing it then. Buy yourself a nice ring and wear it on your other hand. If he doesn’t like it then he can buy you a new ring. :woman_shrugging:t3: I do understand why you’re upset, but it also shouldn’t matter, it’s just a ring.

I would honestly just go out and buy my own and wear the other ring on a necklace or something.
Also maybe your husband’s feelings may be hurt.

Look his mama bought the first one not him so technically it came from his mama to his ex :rofl:. He bought yours, has a life with you and y’all have kids. Yes I think you should get a new ring due to the rashes it causes you but spending an unnecessary amount on a ring that could go to things for your kids just isn’t my thing. Black Friday is coming up soon have him get you a set then while they’re on sale.

10 Likes

My husband couldn’t afford a real ring. I knew how to buy jewelry and what would look good and last. I bought my own, 400.00, and most jewelers can’t tell the moissanite from diamonds without a loop. The gold is real. It came from Mexico. But honestly if you have told him, he should make an effort to replace them.

2 Likes

Hell freaking no!! He should buy you what you want and deserve!!! If not, buy them yourself with his credit card, that will have plenty of “meaning!!!” Good Luck!!

A ring is soooo not important.

Jesus, either pay for your own or stop complaining. The ONLY thing that should matter is if HE picked it out. Nothing else matters

Yea, I would be upset too… the fact that the ex got a really nice ring and STILL Wears It would be a HUGE problem for me…

If its a ring issue make it a ring issue. Dont compare you to the ex. It will make you crazy inside

2 Likes

Point blank, tell him you deserve a real set…and tell him it’s not up for discussion… I would even go as far as going g and picking out a few you like, write down their order numbers and tell him any one of those will be wonderful… and get rid of the crappy ones

Take the stones (if there is any) and buy a better quality band, could be reason for the rash, and have original stones put into new band.

1 Like