Is my little girl too old for this?

Im 30 and still sleep with the stuff animal my mom gave me as a baby. She passed away 2 year ago.

Dude…I’m a grown woman (36) and I have 3 stuffies on my bed. I have a bunny my grandma made me, but it’s stored so it doesn’t get ruined. I also share my bed with my spouse, he thinks it’s weird, but yet if he makes the bed he places them on afterwards. Let your kiddo have BunBun. Hell, let her have 6!

Sounds like sister needs to stay in her lane. I’m in my 40’s I still have my lovie from when I was born. Your LG will “ween” herself as needed. That said she may always have times when she needs her Bunbun. Let her be little, let her be 6! :heart:

2 Likes

My daughter is 11 and has a teddy. I don’t see anything wrong with it. It’s her comfort thing, why take it away. Why will you break your own child’s heart?

My 15yo still sleeps with his toy dog he got from my Mum when he was born I don’t see anything wrong with it it’s a comfort thing :woman_shrugging:t5:

1 Like

She’s 6. You’re not in the wrong. Tell your sister to stfu

No. I’m 52 kept my favorite stuffed animal throughout my teens no worries

2 Likes

She’s 6 she isn’t to old

1 Like

I am thirty and still have a stuffed Christmas bear from 1994. My dog chewed it’s nose off and she’s still with me. This world forces so many of us to grow up before we are ready. Let her be little and screw whoever disagrees!

1 Like

When I started first grade, my mother threw away my stuffies and the pillow case I slept with for years, and I was devistated. These items brought me the security my parents failed to give me.

I felt that I was now alone in the world and had nothing to make me feel safe and secure at bedtime. This feeling followed me into junior high school. I never forgave my mother for taking the the very things that made me feel secure in my own house.

Please leave your child alone as I’m sure both societal and peer pressure will help her choose to leave them behind when she’s ready.

2 Likes

Let your baby be a baby! There’s nothing wrong with her attachment. It’s her comfort.:heart:

3 Likes

Tell your sister to mind her business, and if it bothers her so much for your daughter to have it then she doesn’t need to be around.

5 Likes

It’s completely normal and healthy. Ive taken psychology and it’s completely normal to keep any kind of comfort item even as a grown adult. Its actually proven that some excell when they have comfort items.

1 Like

My 34 year old son still has his blue bear - sits near his side of the bed - he’s a normal loving person

2 Likes

Omg my daughter is 9 and had names for every stuffy and sleeps and treats with them occasionally… but I’d never take something that she lives so much, idc how old she is

2 Likes

Dawg im 21 and still sleep with the stuffed air bud dog my mom gave me when I was 2, let that girl love her bun bun

3 Likes

At 6?!? Tell your sister to stfu.

My son has his blankey and I think its totally fine. She is a child. If she wants it and like it who cares. Your sister can eff off

1 Like

She’s just a kid- let her have it. It’s not bothering anyone but your sister and she can just mind her own business and not host sleepovers at her house then :woman_shrugging:t4: I wouldn’t take it away and I wouldn’t let me kid stay the night over there. If she cries when you wash it can you imagine how upset she would be all night when your sister takes it away?! :frowning: My son is 9 and he still sleeps with Pengy his giant penguin he’s had for years! Sure I think he’s a little old for it but he isn’t hurting anyone and he sleeps better knowing Pengy is there for some reason :woman_shrugging:t4: good luck, follow your gut instinct on this one!

2 Likes

I lost my big papa when I was 22 I had him since I could remember im a fully functioning adult there is nothing wrong with it

1 Like

your sister is a cruel woman I still have my teddy :teddy_bear: from infancy although she goes uncuddled so to being so fragile now

1 Like

I didn’t stop sleeping with my teddy til I was like 20… If I had a pet with me he took a back burner, I just hated to sleep alone. Same with watching TV :woman_shrugging: it’s a comfort thing.

Also one of my friends is nearing 40 and still sleeps with hers.

1 Like

No my 11 yr old took her baby doll to the store today. Let them be little it only last for a short time.

2 Likes

No, she is only 6. She can take it with her even when she is 16 or more! What is your sister’s problem? Sorry, but she sounds cruel!

1 Like

Do not leave her alone at your sister’s house.

1 Like

Hey I still have my sock monkey my gma made me before I was born on my night stand. And I’m 22

1 Like

If my 7 & 9 year old can take a stuffed toy everywhere, you bet your ass a 6 year old can. It’s her comfort… why would anyone be so cruel as to take it away?! Your sister needs to watch her boundaries & you need to put her back in her place!

My son is 3 and takes Mickey everywhere… even to the beach lol
I see nothing wrong with it… even as he gets older.

Tell your sister to sod off and not to touch bun bun. Honestly, she’s a little kid, she’s fine.

Never too old for teddies and dolls !!!

Not you sisters business. I’m for anything that brings comfort.

I’m 32 and I have a raggedy old Minnie Mouse blanket given to me when I was an infant at some point from my grandmother, that I still to this day sleep with. It has extreme sentimental value to me. Yes, it’s a security blanket. I went a couple years in my 20s without it, but found it again. I will be buried with this damn blanket!! :rofl:

Tell your sister my 32 year old ass will not give up my Baymax blanket. I’ve had it for years, I sleep with it nightly, and it travels with me.

Let her have her bun bun as long as she wants it. :heart:

My daughters are 9&7. They both have blankets that go EVERYWHERE except school. Its their security momma. Do NOT take that away. They both have one special stuffed animal that goes everywhere as well. My oldest has a dog that was mine at her age that I kept. And my youngest has a bear that was given to me 12 years ago after I lost my son at 28 weeks gestation. Their comfort items and Bun Bun is special to her in her own way. Let her be momma :blue_heart:

I’m 20 and I haven’t let go of my stuffed animals.
My favorite to cuddle is a bunny my dad gave me when I was 4. I refuse to go anywhere farther away than 40 minutes without it and I can’t sleep without it. It’s a massive comfort for me and makes me feel calm.

She’s literally a child, I’m 24 and still have a bear I’ve had since I was 4. Your sister is a butthole, and, embarrassing af for trying to force a SIX year old to “grow up”. Like wtaf.

All of my kids who are now grown adults have there favorite blankets and toys,special stuffies,nothing wrong with letting her keep them

No, she’s not too old. My son has a Build a Bear tiger that my sister had made for him before he was born. That was his lovey. It went everywhere with him. I even went as far as having a duplicate for him in case something happened to the original. He eventually quit taking it with him. At 11 he still sleeps with it. She will give it up when she’s ready. Tell your sister to mind her own and leave that baby alone.

My daughter is 6 and she carry’s her teddy (cuddles) EVERYWHERE ! She had it since she was 1 & absolutely CANNOT sleep without it & cries when he needs a wash too ! It’s normal mama ! They will only be little for a short time so let them enjoy :heart: tell your sister to chill & mind her business , that’s YOUR baby !

1 Like

My son is 11 and still sleeps with his baby blanket. I will put it up when he is ready and not before then. I’ve heard it all about this blanket and will continue to let him have it.

1 Like

One of my great-granddaughter’s has her stuffed animal with her all the time except in school and she is 12 yrs. old!!

My 9yr old has a Teddy called Charlie , she’s had him since she was 1 & no it’s not inappropriate for children to have teddies no matter what age they are x

1 Like

I hope my daughter Always wants her stuffies!!! Your sister sucks

2 Likes

Let her have her baby. I have had the same stuffie since i was 3 i stopped carting him everywhere when i was 8 but he has always been in the corner of my bed. Its a comfort thing. Its not weird i have a normal life i run a business i have a family and a boyfriend but ill never get rid of him

1 Like

my 18 year old still sleeps with her soft toy she got when she was born and myself at 40 still has mine too.

1 Like

Absolutely nothing wrong with it. I’m 41 and every chance I get I still play with dolls. Even own my own collection.

I’m 35 years old and I still have my cabbage patch doll.

It was one of the last things that my father gave me before he passed. It has a value to me.

Let her keep it. Let her keep the memories she makes with it. Especially if you don’t know what it means to her.

1 Like

Let her have Bun-Bun FOREVER! Whoever disagrees is an asshole. Tell them byeee.

I’m 29 and still have my teddy. Don’t take it from her. Let her decide when it’s time. It’s not harming anyone and it’s making her feel safe and secure

1 Like

I still sleep with a teddy, so maybe I’m not the correct person to be answering this… But 6 is still a BABY!

2 Likes

my oldest is nine and still has his blanket. ignore her she’s seems toxic!!

1 Like

She is 6, let her be a kid. Enjoy her bun bun. And tell anyone who has something negative to say, to shh. Its called enjoying her childhood.

1 Like

Hell no. Let her be. Screw your sister. To put it simply. I’m one of 8 children, 3rd oldest and I have 3 boys, don’t take it away :heart:

I’m almost 22, have my own house with my partner and our 7 month old child. I still sleep with stuffed animals. One I’ve had since I was a baby and one my partner bought me. There’s nothing wrong with it at all. It’s a comfort thing, and she’s still little. If she ever decides she doesn’t want to bring him everywhere anymore then she will. Let her do her own thing. Your sister is wrong for acting the way she has and saying what she has about your child. She’s yours therefore your sister has no right to try to take her bun bun away or anything of that nature

Let kids be kids! Tell your sister to mind her buisness and keep her hands off of bunbun

3 Likes

Keep bun bun and tell the sister to back off!!

1 Like

She’s definitely NOT too old! It’s your child and everyone needs to respect your wishes and your daughters!

I’m 32 y.o, married, has 1 daughter, and yeah I still hug this whenever I sleep. My husband always say, “I love my stuff more than him. :joy::joy::joy:” 'coz I can’t sleep without my stuff…

2 Likes

You know what… she is a child in a freaking scary world right now… I don’t care if its a blankie, stuffy, or blow up doll… if it gives her comfort… LET HER HAVE IT… Id tell my own sister to step off if she had something to say about it and if I wanted her opinion about how I raise my own dern child… Id tell her what that should be too… she has maybe 10 more years before she isn’t a child anymore… plenty of time to be grown…

1 Like

No my grandson has a monkey he loves since birth and my grandson is going to be 6 who cares. And my daughter is 27 and has a blanket

Not at all. My son was the same exact way with his blanket (blah) lol and he just turned 8 and still has it… in 3 pieces… won’t throw not one of them away :joy: colors faded and all :heart: he screamed like someone took his BFF when I would wash it, it was a nightmare :joy::joy:

That is not too old for anything! I’m 24 and still like to keep my bear with me that my mom bought me. My husband is 24 and keeps a pillow with him that he’s had since he was a baby

it’s a comfort thing, my almost 9 year son does the same thing as your daughter with his little army bear he has and I cant wash him when hes home because he sits in front on the washer and dryer still hes done

I am 27 and still have a favorite stuffie that I sleep with or even cuddle with when I’m feeling sad or alone. Dont let anyone tell your baby girl she is “tOo OLd” for a Bun Bun.

2 Likes

Let her have her bunny!!! Im 30 and still like my stuffies. Youre sister is being a bully and trying to steal away you babys comfort items. Dont let her.

2 Likes

Let her be a kid man gosh these Karen’s need to go somewhere with ther irrelevant statements they are just kids let them stay in the kid lane :100::100::100::100::100::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::rage::rage::bangbang::bangbang::bangbang:

1 Like

Tell her if she does there will be hell to pay.

Tell your sister to pull her head in. Your baby is 6, she is still little, young and very much your baby or still a baby in this big wide nasty world. If she is happy, if she is excelling and if she has a healthy relationship with her real friends at school and family ect then there is absolutely no harm in having her bun bun. It brings her comfort and makes her feel safe, let her have that, don’t take that away from her all because your sister is being pathetic. Just because she may do or would do things differently, doesn’t mean she has any right to interfere with you and your child and what you seem fit. If she was my sister, I’d tell her where to go and tell her that if that’s how she feels. To want to take away her own nieces safety and comfort because it’s “immature” or “embarrasing” is disgusting and as far as I’m concerned the only one acting immature and embarrassing in this situation is her. My daughter is 4 and a half, 5 in Feb and still has the lamby she got the day she was born, in fact I have 2, a spare for when the real one is in the wash or in case it ever got lost, because I couldn’t fathom the way her heart would break if she didn’t have him. My niece is 10 and still has her blanky from the day she was born… both girls excel in anything and everything they do and have a great group of little friends. Let her be little and tell your sister to act her age not her shoe size.

As a night comfort i see no issue. At 6 eating and going out everywhere, it would be a bit much for me.

My son who is 22 has a cow that he used fit on top of it.we moved to another state and took it with him.don’t listen to your sister dumb opinion

1 Like

Tell your sister to kick rocks barefoot. My son is almost 12 and still takes his baby blanket (he calls it a Keekee) when he goes to a set of grandparents overnight and sleeps with it at home. If it’s not hurting anyone, I don’t see the issue.

2 Likes

I’m 22 years old and I still have stuffed teddy’s and such. I sleep with them, they are on my bed every day, and on my bad depression days I’ll even take 1 with me when I leave my house. She’s definitely not too old and ur not wrong for not taking it.

1 Like

Not a stuffed toy, but my son is 7 and has a toddler size blanket hes had forever that goes almost everywhere with him, school, store, outside, ill never take it from him, if it aint hurting her or anyone else theres no reason she shouldnt be able to have it still.

1 Like

Let her be little. It’s her comfort and she’s only 6! Little story: My cousin and I made a pack that when one of us passes away before the other one we would stick our blankies (and her bear) in with us. We were like 13 :woman_shrugging:. I’m almost 26 now and she still better live up to that promise :joy:

1 Like

No definitely not to old! Tell your sister to mind her own business, she sounds like a nasty piece of work! Your little girl will eventually grow out of the need to take her bunny everywhere with her and just snuggle with him at home. I’ve never seen a 30 year old walking around with a snuggle bunny have you?? I just don’t get the push to have kids grow up these days, why cant we just let kids be kids!? I just don’t get it! :woman_facepalming:t3:

Even if she’s 30 years old if she’s happy with what’s she’s doing do it . Age doesn’t mean you can have a teddy bear , dolls and other things

Your sister is a jerk and I wouldn’t leave my daughter with her if she’s that adamant about it. Let her be a child and be imaginative. Your sister needs to get over herself. Does she even have children?
What does your sister want to do have her read Teen Vogue?
How mature does she think a 6 year old is supposed to be?
6 years old is kindergarten / first grade, not Junior High School. Your sister has no idea what you talking about

Nooooo dnt take it away!!! That will traumatize her! Ur sister is a b word for that. I’d tell her “if ur gonna take her bun bun when she stays with u then she won’t be staying with you. Like hell ur gonna traumatize my kid bc u think she’s “too old” thats ur opinion and u can stay right there with that shit”

1 Like

a blanket, called it my “night night”, got passed down to me from my older cousin when I was born I never went anywhere without it. It would go from the washer to the dryer, I wouldn’t even let the thing dry I would take it out when my mom wasn’t looking. Cute Care Bears blanket very colorful. As I lay and type up this comment , It’s under my head discolored with not one care bear in site falling apart… they didn’t dare to try to take it away from me. 29 years old with 2 children and I still have my night night. So to answer your question… that is what makes her comfortable and feel safe in a way. Let Bun Bun stay for as long as she needs him. :blush::heart:

3 Likes

Definitely not. Let her be a child for as long as she can. :woman_facepalming:t2: tell your sister to worry about her own kids/life (if she don’t have kids)

1 Like

Excuse my language… but who gives a shit what your sister thinks?! You already know it would be traumatic for your daughter if you took it away. Six years old is still so little… and who says the there has to be an age that your not allowed have something that gives you comfort. It’s her bunny… it belongs to her…. Nobody has the right to take it from her.

1 Like

Tell your sister to mind her own busness

3 Likes

thats her safe place! if it we’re my kiddo id tell her to mind her own business! she’s only 6 people need to let children be children!!

1 Like

I think your sister needs to stay in her lane and understand she’s not the mom.

7 Likes

Let her keep it as long as you can. Keep her young and little at heart as long as you can. Tell your sister to stop rushing the process of your child growing up.

3 Likes

my 13 year old has a bunny….absolutely nothing wrong with it

2 Likes

My daughter had a rabbit she called apple pie, she atleast 7 or 8 but she lost it she cried for days then just forgot about it, so don’t take it away

1 Like

My 13 year old grandchild has kitty that they have drug around the nation in h their travels. Bunny is now consigned to bed time. Tell whoever wants to interfere to mind their own children and business

1 Like

I had a blanket my grandma made me when I was little up until I was 18 but I had to throw it away because is was shredded because I slept with it every night. I’m almost 27 and married and I sleep with a pillow my grandma had made me when I was a teenager. It’s a security thing. Let your lg keep it as long as she wants.

3 Likes

My middle daughter carried her baby blanket until 2nd grade we just kept it at home while she was at school… I turned it into a pillow case for a couple yrs then put it in her baby box… she is 20 now & has other comfort items as well…

What? Never too old my daughter will be 5 and I have imaginary grandkids that I watch all the time. And she has like 10 imaginary kids.

1 Like

I’d be livid if someone did that to my baby and I would tell her ‘well guess what then? You’re not allowed to take her if you feel that way about her comfort toy’

1 Like

My nephew is 12 and still has his baby blanket that he sleeps with every night. It’s his sense of security and comfort. That’s all it is. In time, she will grow out of the need to bring him everywhere, and likely resort to just sleeping with him for comfort and familiarity. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it. SHES SIX for crying out loud! If that’s what makes her happy, let her keep him. It’s completely normal.

1 Like

Let that babygirl be little as long as she can because they grow up so fast! My daughter is almost 16 & still has a stuffy or 2 on her bed … Looks like babygirl would be keeping her stuffy & NOT staying with Auntie anymore!

I’m 38 and still sleep with the pillow my grandfather gave me the day I was born.

Calvin and Hobbes!!!

My daughter took a special liking to her burp rags as an infant. She used to call them “ladadadalala” :sweat_smile: but as she got older she called them her “babies”. She is 6 and still carries them around and sleeps with them. I see no problem in it, they’re her comfort items :woman_shrugging:t2:

My cousin’s kids have blankies and her 9 yr old still has to take hers if she stays over somewhere bc she can’t sleep without it. And when she watches movies on the couch she wants hers idk it’s your kid tell your sister to back off. Just me but I do what I want with my kid and don’t let others ppl opinion bother me I birthed and raise him not them.

I’d smack the sister for taking my child’s comfort item

6 Likes