Is my stepson being disrespectful?

My husband 30 year old step soon lives in my deceased mothers house rent free any his two children every other weekend when you go over there it's trash everywhere and food in the kids room from the weekend before. On different occasion he has called my awful names one time through a table over.. But to say all that we before have children from previous marriages a we both do way more for them than we should. And believe I'm not saying my children are angels in the least. My oldest daughter which I adopt and then her sister after she was born I adopted her (their mother was in prison) moved to another city and I was alittle upset because she really helped me with her younger sister after my oldest son passed away I struggle sometimes ( which is a while nother story) so me and my husband decided we weren't going to help the kids anymore. So a few months later my daughter's car breaks down I tell her I'm sorry you choose to go live there I can't help you. It broke my heart. fast forward a month we are on vacation and his son and kids are there he said something to upset my son and my son excused his self then his son continuing called ending in calling me a name and throwing the table over my husband told me to get in the house and shut up. after that we didn't hear from him till one afternoon he has a wreck and calls his dad his dad ask should I go check on him I said of course make sure he is okay. He comes back home and ask if his son can use our car I say no. So he continues on but sneaks in the house and calls his mother to tell her he needs a car. Which she runs to the rescue. My children have no grandparents it's just me and them.Am I wrong in thinking that is disrespectful
55 Likes

Personally I would feel the same way as you. As a guy he probably assumes that since it’s not “him” helping that it’s okay but he just doesn’t realize that it’s not fair when you flat out told your own daughter no. I would sit down and talk to him about the situation and how you feel about it. Personally, again just my opinion and what I would do, is tell him that since he did that you’ll be helping your daughter with at least half of what she needs. His kids have both parents, while your kids only have you. Either way definitely needs a conversation

You can’t control what the mother is going to do for your step son but I think it is very disrespectful that your husband went behind your back and called his ex. It is also disrespectful that you both agreed you would no longer help any of the kids and then ask you if it was ok to loan the car.

They are acting that way because they have been allowed to get away with their behavior. I mean you are letting your step son living in your mother’s house free and destroy it without any consequences
that’s why he is doing it
he knows you aren’t going to put him out.

You need to cut the cord! They treat youthat way becuase you allow it even thoug you mean right. Even Jesus Chrsit had boundaries. There is a scripture in which one of Jesus Diciples asks him for the bag of money n told him he would guve it to the poor, but becuase Jesus knew his disciples heart that he was actually planning in stealing it he told his disciple “NO.” Your husband n you need to set up boundaries. You guys need to advice your adult kids how to save for emergencies and not to depend on you n yoir husband. If your husband’s step son won’t respect you n not even paying rent you need to ask him him to rent a room somewhere else, I mean maybe he is disable or maybe he does work but doesn’t make enouht money, is understandable but he could had saved all those months that he had rent free to move out. Your daugther that used to help you with your younger daugther is not her responsibility. If she wanted to help then that is awesome but if she didn’t you could not force her. Now if she was an adult living with not paying u rent not going to school n you guys made the agreement she could stay with you rent free as long as she help with your younger daigther then that is diferent story as long as she did not overwork hours looking after your daugther. Of course im a big believer in praying about everything first. :pray: sometimes there may b exceptions but there is no reason why anyone shall call you names. There is a book called "boundaries from Dr. Henry cloud. " . Please buy it n have u n your husband read it. Also it sounds like if both u n your husband have codependency with your kids n his step son, basically your husband and you are always saving your kids which enables them to not grow be responsible adults. You can fund help for that in a 12 step Chrsitian program near a church near you or thru zoom meetings the name of the program is called Celebrate Recovery. Google it to find a location near u.

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. https://answers.mamasuncut.com/t/is-my-stepson-being-disrespectful/12692

1 Like

It would help if someone could edit these anon posts for comprehension’s sake :weary:

35 Likes

No but in saying that you need to be able to set boundaries which are different to ya step child if he can get help from his mothers side as ur children only have u like u have said so they have no one else they can turn to for help

1 Like

You cut your kids off because they moved elsewhere and your husband said to do so? But his son is a disrespectful lil **** and lives in YOUR home
 Nawl, not me. :v:t2:

27 Likes

I’m glad I’m not the only one confused

8 Likes

I would really like to give advice but I can’t understand a thing I jus read :woman_facepalming:t5:

15 Likes

sorry but i can’t read it cuz it makes no sense to me

7 Likes

Cut off his son too and don’t let him leave in your mother’s house. Let him look for a job and depend on himself.

8 Likes

What? Can anyone translate?

8 Likes

Wow, women get your back bone and stand up to your husband, kick your step son out of your mother’s house or charge him full going rate. You put your kids to the side and put up with this shit. Nah put your foot down on both your husband and his worthless son.

Take a really deep breath; read what you just shared and see if you can make us understand better. I feel your anxiety through this and we would love to help. Try again, please.

21 Likes

Get him outta your house first off.thats crazy hell yes he’s very disrespectful im just saying he would’ve been gone a long time ago had it been me

8 Likes

Start Charging the 30 year old some sort of rent for the house and let your children from both sides become adults and make them take care of themselves

5 Likes

I have no idea what I just read :flushed:

14 Likes

Enough with all the drama already. This was your mother’s home. He needs to leave

6 Likes

His step son shouldn’t be allowed to live in your mothers house.

14 Likes

He sounds quite violent and disrespectful I dont think you or your family should risk being around him.

3 Likes

Often times our choices lead to our own suffering. Stop enabling your adult children. Put up firm boundaries. State it clearly for everyone involved and don’t back track on them.
People who fight boundaries, are the ones who are no longer benefiting from you not having them.

3 Likes

Yeah I go to jail- simple words and then handle business. :woman_shrugging:t3:

Your dialogue doesn’t make sense to me!!! So nope, I can’t say I agree or disagree, you are all over the place, you sound absolutely ridiculous!!

10 Likes

If I could somehow manage to figure out what this person is trying to say
 I don’t know, it seems like nothing but straight drama posts today. I get it that the mods are busy and it’s all volunteer work but could the near impossible ones to read not get posted??

4 Likes

Kick him out of that house

2 Likes

Serve your step son eviction papers, and start cleaning up your mothers home.

Your stepson is not paying rent, he’s disrespectful, and violent.
He does not need to be handed a house by your graces.
He is a grown man, he needs to act like one.

I am sorry you’re going through all of this.
I hope you are able to find some peace.

16 Likes

His step son is 30 time for him to grow up he wouldn’t be disrespecting me living rent free trashing your mother’s home. Looks like your husband has favorites and I would help me kids still you guys are letting a whole adult live rent free.

4 Likes

I only got the adoption of the girls. Kinda crappy you wouldn’t help them out because they moved away (if that was the case?) I could be wrong but not sure what I am reading here

4 Likes

She said that her and her husband both agree to not help their kids anymore because they are grown. She has had to tell her daughter no but then her husband’s son needed a car so she also told him no, but the step son and her husband just called his parents and had them help his son (her step son) get another car. She does not have her parents she can call on for help. So she is saying it is unfair that he did.

6 Likes

Fan Question

Is my stepson being disrespectful?

My husband’s 30 year old step son, lives in my deceased mothers house rent free with his two children every other weekend. When you go over there it’s trash everywhere, and food in the kids room from the weekend before. On different occasion he has called me awful names, one time threw a table over
 But to say all that; we before have children from previous marriages, and we both do way more for them than we should. Believe me, I’m not saying my children are angels in the least. My oldest daughter which I adopted and then her sister after she was born I adopted her (their mother was in prison, moved to another city) and I was a little upset because she really helped me with her younger sister after my oldest son passed away
 I struggle sometimes ( which is another story) 
 so me and my husband decided we weren’t going to help the kids anymore. So a few months later, my daughter’s car breaks down, I tell her, ““I’m sorry you choose to go live there I can’t help you.”” It broke my heart. **Fast forward a month ** we are on vacation and his son and kids are there and he said something to upset my son and my son excused his self. Then my husbands" son continuious calling me names and then throwing the table over. My husband told me to get in the house and shut up
 after that we didn’t hear from him till one afternoon, he has a wreck (dad’s son) and calls his dad his dad ask should I go check on him I said of course make sure he is okay. He comes back home and asked if his son can use our car I say “no.” So he continues on but sneaks and calls his mother to tell her he needs a car. Which she runs to the rescue. My children have no grandparents it’s just me and them. Am I wrong in thinking that is disrespectful?

#parenting

You should have the papers stating that is your house. Get an eviction started asap. Find out if you can kick him out sooner rather than later.
Once the house is empty, leave your husband

7 Likes

Eh? I’ve got a headache trying to decipher this

14 Likes

Lady asking for help and negative comments may not be in her best interest, scroll to next story

1 Like

Serve eviction notice on the step son. He’s not paying AND trashing the house. Don’t enable grown and capable people.

4 Likes

It’s time your step son gets a taste of reality and gets an eviction notice time to grow up and pay your own bills bud
 if your husband doesn’t back your decision then maybe it’s time you think about your own marriage and where it’s going.

7 Likes

Just want to know what your daughter did to deserve no help when her car broke down ? I really hope it’s seriously not because she chose to go live somewhere else 
 Did she steal from you ? Lie to you ? Hit you ? Throw something at you ? 

If I had a daughter and her car broke down , I would never tell her oh sorry you chose to go live there , I’m not helping you :rage:

10 Likes

Tell him to grow up act his age he isn’t 3 so tell him to stop acting like a 3yr old with tantrums. He’s 30, time for him to put his big boy boots on and be a man not child if he doesn’t get what he wants

1 Like

Grammatically, this was too hard to read. “On different occasion he has called my awful names one time through a table over”. I read, then re-read that, and still didn’t get what she is saying.

6 Likes

You guys had an agreement that he fails to uphold. “Your” children and “his” children should uphold the same standards. Also if the son wants to be a little puke EVICT him. At the least DO NOT let him live rent free anymore. If your husband and has an issue with it, I geuss you have a house to move to. :tipping_hand_woman:t2: I would.

9 Likes

Hmmm what the husband’s name so I can ask how this women behaves towards her own kids and step kids because obviously u guys are doing something to make the step son snap no one just out rights calls someone names then throws a table out of anger sounds like a one sided goof story from another ass of a step parent as usual.

Don’t be a push over make him pay rent and give him jobs to do if he refuses kick him out. Tell him you are not his mother cleaning up after him. Tell him grow up and act like a adult instead of using you.

1 Like

I read the first sentence. Are you kidding?

3 Likes

Why is your stepson living in your deceased Mother’s house. Tell him to find a place of his own - then either sell the house or rent it out - for pay!!! If Dad doesn’t like it - tell him goodbye. He sounds like a jerk too.

11 Likes

Start charging rent for living in your mums home and watch how much things change.

Simple.

Pay rent or leave.

You are not to be used.

If they cant ve grateful for what they have and have that ungrateful attitude, remove the privilege

8 Likes

Curious of the ages of all the “children” involved first off. I only see that the stepson is 30
how old are your daughters? Do you have a living son as well? (My sympathies on the loss of your one son)

1. You and your husband need to talk about boundaries with all the adult children. (I don’t know if they are all adults. They need to be the same and you both need to be consistent. If that doesn’t happen, then maybe you need to do some serious thinking about whether the stress the marriage puts on you is worth it.

2. The stepson needs to (at minimum) pay a reasonable rent and be held accountable as a “tenant” if he is going to live in your late mother’s house. Personally, I would probably evict him because he sounds like he has no respect for you at all
and is violent to boot.

6 Likes

You are enabling them

6 Likes

Charge him rent or evict him

8 Likes

evict his ungrateful ass and make him pay to have the house cleaned and if your husband won’t back you he can go live with him wherever

Any adult children should be treated as such, meaning adults should be paying rent, their own bills, etc. Help them only if you want to. Don’t forget, you’ll need your own substantial savings when you guys retire.

8 Likes

Get him out of your mothers house!! If your husband doesn’t like it then you move into your mothers and he can have his son to deal with.

21 Likes

First off, you got to proof read your post before posting. So many grammar mistakes it’s hard to understand what you’re trying to say. Secondly, start charging him rent and get your husband to deal with him.

Kick the little shit out ur mothers house 
 how dare he disrespect u like that.

He deserves nothing the entitled little shit.

Sell it and divide it between ur daughters
 or even better sell it and go enjoy ur life and travel and make fantastic memories for urself
 life is way too short

That boy needs a gd old fashioned hiding

Your daughter needed help but didn’t get it meanwhile your stepson did, that’s a no, what’s good for 1 is good for the other and in the end the help he needed was a car??!! He lives rent free, he should have had a car, time to grow the hell up and your husband needs to wake up too, if that was my child and he threw anything or did what he did I would of popped him in his face and told him to get the hell out of my mamas house, he’s 30 defs not a child but that’s jus my opinion

11 Likes

Why do you guys feel the need to insult the author? It was not that difficult to read. It actually requires better reading abilities to read improper grammar. I have dyslexia and not one time was overwhelmed reading thing. :woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming:

7 Likes

If you’re not bailing any of them out he needs to pay rent I’d evict him and clean it up and either move in myself because I don’t tolerate that BS from a supposed partner or I would rent it to a legitimate renter and use that money to maintain/pay property taxes ect on it. Then put excess $ into savings for your children. That’s YOUR kids inheritance from their grandparents that you’re giving to his son to trash. He has a grandmother who drops everything like that? Are your kids in her will or just him? If your kids are not in her will and he is then you need to sever that now and get him out of the house before it’s trashed beyond repair and either use it yourself or turn it into income.

So he lives in your house rent free and disrespectful. And u let him :woman_shrugging:t5::woman_shrugging:t5::woman_shrugging:t5: time to put your mum’s house on rent

3 Likes

You refuse to help your own daughter cuz you’re upset she moved and can’t help you
 And you’re wondering if your step son is disrespectful?!

5 Likes

Kick him out of the house or make him pay

You ALL sound disrespectful.

11 Likes

First and foremost, your stepson is 30! His ass should be paying rent. I def would be telling him he is gonna start paying rent AND keeping the house clean or he can hit the road. If husband doesn’t like it then tell him they can get a place together. Also I’m conflicted about you not helping your daughter because she moved, but you got a whole grown man child you are letting destroy your mom’s house for free, makes no sense.

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. https://answers.mamasuncut.com/t/is-my-stepson-being-disrespectful/12692

It’s not fair that he wants to go against the rules both of you set in place for your kids. Also that’s YOUR families house if he wants to be disrespectful he needs to grow up and get his own damn house!! He is 30 time to grow up and he won’t do it with daddy holding his hand. Sorry if that sounded rude but I can’t stand an adult child disrespecting a parent when they are pretty much still living off the tit

18 Likes

First of all, Refusing to help your daughter when her car broke down just bcuz you’re upset she chose to have her own life instead of choosing to help you raise her sister is selfish n narcissistic. Second of all, if your husband is giving in to his grown a$$ son’s behavior you should probably seek marriage counseling. To answer your question in short? Yes, he’s disrespectful.

18 Likes

Why is a 30 year old living rent free :thinking:

17 Likes

Yes very disrespectful

2 Likes

Y remt free and yes he bloody is so Wrong

This hurt my brain. :confounded:

15 Likes

You do not have to cather to anyone Dont think twice get him out of your mothers house and rent it you will need the money
Then sit with your husband and go over the rules again the lines must be clear.
If the 30 year old is not ready to be respectful dump him just be civil
BUT GET HIM OUT OF YOUR MOTHERS HOUSE NOW

2 Likes

A 30yr old should NOT live rent free. You not helping your daughter cause you’re mad she chose not to raise YOUR kid, is you being a d**chead. The son is disrepectful but so are you to others.

8 Likes

Ok I couldn’t make it past the first 5 sentences. Who proof reads this shit?

15 Likes

Dr. Phill would straighten this hog crap up an that’s all it is the whole darn family is rude an disrespectful to each other the 30 year ole lazy boy needs to clean the house up an move on down the rdif the girls have jobs take them to the job No make them hitch a Ride with someone else from work you Actually don’t owe none of them a dern thing unless it’s under 18 then was your hands of them all device all of them sell the house’s an you move on down the road heck it’s better than that sorry lot

I couldn’t figure out where you started an where you stopped take a few breathers an slow down, then tell the real story, all that other stuff was a bunch of hog wash,so slow down an then tell it

4 Likes

Devorce all of them and you move on down the road

You say you won’t help the kids yet you’re letting the stepson live rent free in your mother’s house. That is helping him out so so much. You not helping your daughter because she moved away is you being an ass. That’s unreasonable.That is her sister you want help with it’s not her child nor her responsibility to help you. Get your priorities straight. Help all of the kids or help none. Yes that 30 year old was disrespectful, but so are you and your husband. All of you need therapy and the daughter that moved away probably had a very good reason to do so.

18 Likes

i can’t even tell what’s going on by reading this. it’s all over the place

20 Likes

Wow your a dick no wonder your daughter moved :flushed::flushed: sorry you tell the step son to grow up n kick him out or tell him to pay rent or you suck it up n put up

Could not make any sense out of this.

Make him pay rent and do regular inspections!

3 Likes

Make him pay rent or kick him out?

2 Likes

Make him pay rent end of story

Make him pay rent and call child services if the children are living in dirty conditions

As soon as I read “rent free” I stopped reading. He’s a cunt.

Can everyone just be nice and stop grammar bashing. The lady is emotionally invested and we’ve all been there, when we’ve written things faster than our brain can cope with being perfect. If you can not be nice and stop nitpicking just try refraining from being a judgey human being, please try just once a day on fb try be a nice person or better yet if it’s gunna be a nasty comment, pause, think & say nothing at all and just scroll on. It won’t hurt I promise.

138 Likes

Which part? It jumps from one thing to another and I hardly understood most of it!

15 Likes

It is brave of people to ask for help from strangers and people they will never meet on this post. All the bashing of her grammar is just adding more hurt to a person who is already hurting. Yes there were some grammar mistakes but I understood her dilemma and the problems she is facing . Scroll past someone when you feel the need to criticize. She doesn’t need it. I bet those of you who did criticize her had some wise helpful tips from your own experiences you could have shared with her .Be kind.

9 Likes

I was on my own at 18 and I could not depend on anyone but me. I didn’t run up debt or beg, I did without until I could better myself and my job.

2 Likes

I think you need to separate the issues.
The house is 1 issue then the relationship is another.
I would put the house through a realestate at a low rent to cover the realestate fees.
That way they can do inspections etc to make sure its all up to standard and if they need to ever be removed the realestate will deal with that.
They can live how they want aslong as they are not damaging the property but I completely understand how frustrating it would be seeing it like that. Thats why I say get a realestate because if u stand up and say anything it seems like there will just be an issue.
As for the way he treats use thats not ok. But that’s a family issue and nothing to do with him living in the house. He should be more respectful but I would just distance yourself a little so when use actually see each other it might be more fun then problems.
I also think as they are both your children you shoukd either help them all or not help any. Helping them if they are appreciative then thats fine if their not then they can work it out themselves Best of luck

I think you should possibly try helping people and they might actually want to help you out sometimes

3 Likes

Is English her 2nd or third language. Incomprehensible prose.

I got lost half way through.

Go back to school and learn how to write properly.

Doesn’t anyone know how to write or use periods in a sentance.

That’s why over 60% of second marriages w kids don’t work out. Usually the parent will side w their kid, and leaves their second partner feeling SOL. The step son needs to be out on his own (paying rent somewhere else), and your husband needs to grow a pair and tell him you can’t come over until you are respectful toward my wife. You need to tell him to start paying rent or get out.

18 Likes

We have 5 children we help them where we can! Your son needs to be told he is being disrespectful! As his your husband to you! Your daughter needs help shouldn’t matter if she has moved away solong as she is not taking advantage! Im crap at spelling gramma too .x

10 Likes

Throw out ur partners son and ur partner. Both have no respect! If he’s not reading from the same page about things both have to go. Start helping ur own kids before they start resenting the fact u will help every one else out before them.

32 Likes

It’s sad that if all your daughter did was move to another city that you would refuse her help especially if you could have, you missing her help with your son and having her around is not a reason to stop helping your kids out. She shouldn’t be punished for making a life for herself.

2 Likes

You are disrespected by your husband and his son. Your husband should never let his son treat you like that or use your mother’s house rent free and destroy it. YOUR children should be using it or you should sell it and give the money to YOUR children or be able to help them with that money. Either way your husband and his family bring nothing but pain and suffering to you, your heart, and make you push your children away. It’s time for you to think very hard about what is best for YOUR family. They come first :heartpulse::heartpulse::heartpulse::heartpulse:

41 Likes