Is there a way to get my sons curls back?

I cut my toddlers curly hair and not it’s completely straight. He had the most beautiful long curly hair and I cut it due to the heat. It’s now has no curls anywhere. It was his first haircut, I know some say it will never grow back or that it was just baby curls (he’s 2 btw) but I’ve also heard genetics play a role in it, and his dad has curly hair just like his, and it runs in my family although it skipped me. Have any other mommas dealt with this? Any luck getting the curls back? Or any tips to help retrain or bring out those curls. Any help is appreciated

42 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Is there a way to get my sons curls back? - Mamas Uncut

My twin had curls when we were babies. His hair straightened out as he got bigger too. My dad’s hair was the same. Both are adults and have straight hair.

1 Like

Moisture! Keep it Moisturised and crunch it and eventually it’ll come back. It may take some time so do. I didn’t cut my sons till he was 3 and now when it grows back it starts curling again. But he doesn’t like his hair long so once the curls come back he wants it cut

2 Likes

Yup. It was a sad day when I cut my son’s hair for the first time when he was 3. I knew that would be the last time I would see him with curls. That’s why I didn’t ever cut it. It still make me sad 3 years later lol.

1 Like

We cut our son’s hair short and his curls came back.

1 Like

Did that to my son when he was 2. The longer it gets it may curl back. He kept it short forever until recently. Now look. Lol

2 Likes

I cut my sons hair and it went flat. Now that it’s getting longer it’s curling again

1 Like

They may have blow dried it strait as it grows it may curl more

1 Like

My kids have naturally curly hair. I didn’t matter if I cut or not. If short no curls but any length ringlets. They also have thick hair.

1 Like

My oldest son had ringlets, after his first cut he has very light waves that are only noticeable if his hair grows to his shoulders

1 Like

I had shirley temple curls when I was a baby and little girl and my aunt cut my hair and my hair grew back straight and has never been curly since

1 Like

My husband and I both have curly hair my baby born was born with curls :heart_eyes: I loved his long beautiful curls at 4 he caught lice we took him for his 1st hair cut he is 7 now and haven’t seen a single curl since his first cut :sob:

1 Like

My son had blonde curly hair and when I had him get his first haircut at around age 2 his hair went straight and brown like my side of the family’s. He’s almost 19 I think most hair changes occur early on not much you can do to force it.

1 Like

just wait and see I think

1 Like

Let it grow back out. .they will be back!

1 Like

Once the first hair cut of my daughter, her curls never came back :frowning: she does have wavy hair now at 10, but not like the curls she was born with.

1 Like

All three of my boys had curly hair until the first haircut… My oldest two went poker straight the last son kept his curls.

1 Like

My 2nd oldest had beautiful big curls when he was little his dad came home from deployment and took him to get a hair cut well mom was at the gym and cut all his curls off I was soooooo upset not only did I miss his first hair cut but it was a shitty cut…the curls grew back he is now 14 and has long curly beautiful hair…I am native american i have naturally curly hair as well so I think it’s just in his blood lol

Nope, they never came back for my son. He had ringlets, super beautiful. Now his hair is super straight, very handsome either way just miss those curls. Still haven’t cut my 3 1/2 year olds because she has amazing curls. This is just how it dries. No product or anything.

2 Likes

If it’s natural curly just wetting it should produce curls.

4 Likes

If he’s meant to have curls. He’ll have curls. I don’t think you can change the way your hair naturally grows. It changes, if anything, on it’s own.

3 Likes

Layers and curling mouse

1 Like

I had auburn finger curls when I was really little my mom cut my hair and when it grew back it was blonde and straight. It’s been like a blonde /strawberry blonde and straight for as long as I can remember.

When my son was a baby he had curls in his hair too. When I cut his hair his curls went away. My son is now 9 & his curls never came back.

It’s my guess that the curls will come back as his hair grows out. And if not, don’t worry. He won’t like them as he gets older. Trust me. I had naturally curly, wavy hair and I hated it. It never curled or waved with any style I wanted. It did just the opposite. It’s ok to have straight hair.

Alot of babies have curly hair till its cut. No they never come back unless he will have curly hair.

My two sons both had curly hair as toddlers, they got it from me as I have curly hair. Oldest son after his first hair cut had his hair grow back straight, but slightly frizzy but my youngest son after his first hair cut it grew back even curlier and hes now ten and it is curlier than ever. My oldest son, he likes to keep it short so hot sure what would happen if he grew it but it is straight ish xx

My daughter had curls and they never came back after her first haircut when she was 5, she’s 13 now. My youngest hasn’t had her first haircut yet. Her curls might stay because her baby hairs around her face are also curly. Her sister’s weren’t.

Not likely until he gets older. But you can try to grow his hair out and see if it decides to curl again.

My youngest daughter’s hair did this too😭 I was hoping it would curl back once it grew out again but it never did.

My boys it was the same, my hairdresser told me the curls would be back in the early teens, she was right.

1 Like

Genetics. You can’t make straight hair become naturally curly. My two older sons had baby curls, my oldest now has wavy hair once it gets to his shoulder and my second son has ringlets once it gets to his shoulders. My third son has had two hair cuts so far. He’s 3. His hair is now to the middle of his back and curly. My daughter has had a trim and she’s wavy…
If its meant to be it will be lol

My son was the opposite, straight hair that spiked up as a baby and now as a 19 year old he has the most beautiful head of thick curls.

My daughter hasn’t had curls since she was 2 and now she 12

Same thing with my boys. If his hair is actually curly it will curl back on its own, if not it’ll just have a good bit of volume after awhile

I’ve been through this with my kids theirs no getting it back unless it comes back naturally

My oldests was like that. They were baby curls that never grew back :sob: she’s 5 now and her hair is barely wavy

My son had curls in the back that I cut when he was 2. I always kept his hair cut pretty short…it was straight. Once he was old enough to take care of it he immediately grew it out…super curls all over since about 13 yrs old :woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

My son’s never grew back

My grandson had curly hair as a child and his still curls

1 Like

If it was going to be curly, it would grow back curly. Usually once you cut those baby curls off that’s it.

Hairstylist here :slight_smile: those curls were his baby hair. Unfortunately this happens more often than not! Once it’s gone, it’s gone. But as he hits puberty it could all change again!

3 Likes

My youngest has little baby curls and I never want to cut his hair :joy: it may come back later but honestly if it’s straight it’s straight…might come back as wavy later on in life

My mom cut my curls and now at 56 they have returned, so it may take awhile.

No. Curly hair is curly. Straight is straight. Babies generally have little curls but once you cut them they’re gone (unless they are a curly Q)
It has to do with the shape of the follicle at the root which is genetic.

2 Likes

I always heard you never cut their curly hair till their 5
Cuz it’ll never be the same

2 Likes

I had curly hair when I was a toddler. 1st-4th my hair was straight. 5th - 12th curly and then frizzy. My hair was curly until I was in my late 50s. Now it’s white and totally straight. I’m 69 now. It changed my whole life.

2 Likes

I did when my son was two ,never got his curls back after his first haircut.

My oldest had the cutest baby curls and after his first haircut it grew back straight. I refused to cut his little brother’s for years and he never lost his curls in fact they got more extreme. :rofl::joy:

1 Like

My son’s hair was curly and I did the same thing. I was heartbroken that the curls were gone. He’s 9 now and his hair has grown out a bit and the curls are there. They’re not the same as when he was a baby, but it’s something. I have curly hair also, although it didn’t curl up until I hit puberty. So it’s possible once he hits puberty they’ll come back too. Here’s pictures of my son. The picture now isnt the best of how curly it is, but they are there

Behind every successful person there is always a helper mrs Elizabeth James she is the person behind my successful story and great achievement and goal thanks once again for restoring my hope Mrs :envelope_with_arrow::arrow_lower_right::arrow_down:

1 Like

I did this I did this to my son when he was 2 years old he had beautiful curly goldilock type curls and while we were in Florida everyone kept referring to him as a girl oh she’s so cute so when we got home I took him to get his first big boy haircut my son never had curly hair again until recently as an adult he let his hair grow out and now it is curly but his hair is almost shoulder length and before that it was just really wavy but while he was young once I cut that hair the first time he didn’t get his curls back until he got older and let his hair grow out long

I’m proud to say I’m among the people benefiting from online trading, my gratitude to Mrs Elizabeth James shows for helping me achieve all my dreams in life. She elavates me financially, Today I’m living in my own apartment, doing things I was not able to do. Who ever that is reading this should contact Mrs. Elizabeth James with the links down here and testify like me :point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

1 Like

There is nothing you can do to make his hair curly. Hair changes our entire lives.

My son’s hair was pin straight as a toddler and little boy. He hit puberty and now he has curly hair at age 16.

2 Likes

My baby’s hair has been cut at least 3 or 4 times (NOT my choice, every time it has been while with his dad and his grandma on that side, AGAINST my wishes) but luckily his have grown back every time. There’s a baby curl enhancer from Johnson & Johnson as long as he isn’t allergic or reactive to their products. It’s got red labeling and separate shampoo and conditioner

1 Like

You want a better financial life then reach out to Mrs Elizabeth James . She helped me get out of my debt and now I earn 5 figures weekly from my Crypto investment. I really hope more people get on board and you can simply click on the link below to connect with her :point_right: :arrow_down_small:

I’m here to share the good new to everyone. How crypto trading has changed my life for Good. Well all thanks to Mrs Elizabeth James and who’ introduce me to this Business I’ve earned so much money and I can now pay up my Bills.I will advice you to invest on a right company click on the link and get started :point_down::point_down::point_down:

1 Like

I made that mistake too! The curls most likely will not go back to the way they were before. But you can still let it grow back and hope it looks just as pretty.

Wealth comes from a very different source Investments. Here, take a look at a pretty graph that puts in chart form what little effect saving money has over your household wealth. The upshot is, it’s not about how much money we have. Wealth is, a direct by product of what we do with that money. That’s what enables early, invest with Mrs Elizabeth James to be financially Successful… :point_down::gift:

1 Like

It’s good you don’t allow this opportunity for SUCCESS slip off. Mrs Elizabeth James exceptional work makes a lot of people financially breakthroughs, to help others deserves good recommendation. Connect to her via the link below :chart_with_downwards_trend::chart_with_downwards_trend:.

1 Like

When my hair is short no curls. When I grow it longer I have curls. I am 64 been that way all my life.

Same thing happened with my grandson. He had a head of blonde curls . We cut his hair for summer and the curls never came back.

It’ll probably come back when his hair grows longer. My oldest son’s always come back.

My son is 23 and cut his curls when he was younger…they didn’t come back right away. But now when he let’s it grow I am jealous if his curls

1 Like

Both my girls had curly hair and after they had hair cuts they lost them but now my oldest is starting to get her curls back and she is going to be 12 yrs old next month

Not really I would have put in a pony tail

I have always had curly hair. If you put in leave in conditioner to your soaking wet hair along with some kind of curl spray, brush your hair and scrunch it, it works well for me

My son is now 11 and never got his curls back after his first haircut at 2. His hair is now super straight. My now 1 year old son has a head full of curls and I refuse to cut it because i don’t want him to lose his curls

When my son was 1, he had the most gorgeous curls and I had it cut. It went completely straight. When he was around 14 years old his curls came back.

Yeah cut my boys hair when he was little he had curls to, now he is 40 and never had those curls again

My son had curls - had it cut - still had some. Seems to me there were a lot of other issues growing up rather than curly hair.

My son had tight blonde curly locks and he had a first hair cut (short) and they haven’t grown back since :tired_face:, wish I never got it cut now x

My son had straight hair and when he reached puberty his hair started curl and by high-school it was kinky-curls!