Is this cultural?

It’s not cultural, I’m Greek and come from a Greek family, you need to divorce him and take half of everything

3 Likes

No, its a being a dick thing

First of all if you do not work outside the home and have it worked he’s in for a whooping surprise he will have to pay you alimony and child support and more than likely you will get to keep the house until your youngest child turns 18 then it’ll be sold and split between you and or you could force him to sell it and give you half to start over don’t put up with his bull it sounds like he’s already checked out of the marriage get out and make a life for you and your kids I know it’s hard when you don’t work everybody’s telling you to hire a lawyer you can hire a lawyer when you don’t have an income but tell him to go ahead and get a lawyer on that you will go in and discuss it but everything will be done fairly when you hit a man in their pocketbook they think twice he’s probably cheating on he’s probably got someone to go to but you need to get out while you’re young and make a life and I don’t know what you did before you got married but if you could get a job I would if not making support you he’s just a bully

2 Likes

Sounds like such a toxic family

Grant him the divorce, and for the record that’s not how the split of assets work. Doesn’t mean jack shit if it’s in his name.

Go ahead and follow thru with that divorce on your own. I’ll bet $100 he’s using divorce as a bluff and manipulation tactic. So just go ahead and do it for him

4 Likes

Okay anddddddd why don’t you give him the divorce lol

2 Likes

Give him the divorce and move on. He seems very toxic.

7 Likes

Why would you NOT want to divorce this jerk?

9 Likes

You need a good Lawyer QUICK!!!

5 Likes

Let him divorce you.

Sounds like you’d be better off.

3 Likes

Your married so no matter who name is on property its both y’alls. Dont allow him to take anything from the house. Its against the law and has to be settled in court. He is mentally abusing you. File for a protection order and alimony and support and use of home and car. You’ll get it. Document everything. Record the way he talks to you. Don’t take his abuse. Get off your butt and actually do something about and protect you and your children.

He’s been asking for a divorce. Give it to him!

I hate it for them all, if y’all divorce, it’s joint property. :woman_facepalming::rofl:
Why do you stay??? You want your children thinking this behavior is ok??

4 Likes

Sounds like you may have been an unkowning part of a green card wedding. Leave while you can and get everything out of him you can.

4 Likes

I would surprise him with the divorce papers since he keeps saying it!

7 Likes

To answer your question,-- no this is not cultural, this is dysfunctional psychology probably brought on from his childhood

11 Likes

Get rid of him and take his money lol. I never say that but from what you say he’s an ass totally

Fortunately for you being married gives you rights to everything y’all have together like the house and it’s gonna be really hard for him to moved back to Greece with kids. He can but it’s gonna cost him a lot to fly to see them or have them fly to see him. No judge is gonna take them from you and have them live on the other side of the world without their mom. I say lawyer up and file for an emergency custody hearing so he can’t just take them.

16 Likes

Talk to a lawyer, give him a divorce but on you terms…

6 Likes

I’d let him divorce … your better off

5 Likes

Toxic. Divorce sounds like a great idea.

3 Likes

It’s definitely a culture thing; but that doesn’t make it okay. I have had the experience of living in Greece for a few years and it’s very apparent that there is very little respect towards women. There is passion for women, but no real love and more contempt. If you are educated, the contempt is even worse. Greek women will play their games to their advantage but if you are a foreign women married to a Greek man, all I can say is good luck. You need to get yourself a lawyer and just get out of the marriage now because I can honestly say if you are hoping it will change, it will not. Marriage to them is definitely a one way street. Good luck sweetheart; you and your babies deserve more.

9 Likes

It only gets worse. Get out!!!

3 Likes

Just divorce his as$ and take everything from him and his shyt family

It could be cultural, but it doesn’t mean you have to take it. My husband is Hispanic and I’ve seen in his family a lot of the boys are raised like little kings and the women do everything. But his mom didn’t raise him like that thankfully and he’s great. Cultural or not, being an a$$ isn’t ok.

Don’t let him threaten sign those papers he will soon change his mind, Cultural or not its disgusting & not how to behave to the person you “love” pathetic.

1 Like

Hmm if the house was bought before the marriage - maybe it’s not yours but if it was done after then 50% of the house is yours. Sounds like he is a spoiled brat. Sorry!

3 Likes

I hate how some women don’t put a penny towards the house then it’s magically “her’s” after divorce. Legal or not it’s gross and it’s stealing, leave that man and his house. If you put some money into the house ask for it back when you file for divorce.

4 Likes

I’d give him what he wants and go after the house. Because it doesn’t matter if your name is on it or not. But I’m a bitch like that.

Life’s too short to not feel loved by the one who should love you the most. Best of wishes towards your future.

1 Like

Get out he’s as toxic af

1 Like

Give him what he wants, take your half and be done with him. Break the cycle

5 Likes

Run and don’t look back! Save yourself and your children. God Bless you.

Where do you live? Talk to an attorney immediately.

That’s not cultural at all. That’s a learned behavior. Imo find yourself an attorney and do what’s best for you and your kids.

Get the divorce hunny xxx

This is abuse, cultural or not.

1 Like

Give him his divorce and introduce him to the American culture of child support, alimony, and joint marital property…

2 Likes

You deserve to be treated with respect. Your children deserve to see you be treated with respect! Your sons need to know that this is not how a woman should be treated! LEAVE!
If divorce is what he wants, give it to him!