Is this normal after a miscarriage?

I had a miscarriage two days ago; I was supposed to be 11 weeks but only measured six weeks five days. My miscarriage was pretty normal as I’ve had one other at the exact same gestation to compare it to. I bled and passed huge clots, and the next day, I felt great! Here two days later, my cramps are pretty rough again and if I don’t pee the second, my bladder gets a little full it makes the cramping much worse. what do I do?? is this normal?? I’ll be calling the doctor first thing in the morning but I’m struggling thinking I have an infection already

22 Likes

Go to the er and they will check you as well

It’s normal it all has to come out

Go to the ER. They need to make sure that everything was expelled. Retaining the tissue can cause sepsis which can be life threatening.

7 Likes

Is there an after hours number for your Dr. you can call?

1 Like

Or if you feel something more is wrong go to Emergency Room.

Here’s some information off the internet.

Go to Dr. Also after my miscarriage at home I did request my Dr do a sonogram following the miscarriage (few days later) bc I wanted peace of mind that nothing was left inside that could harm me cause infection effect next pregnancy and he said it wasn’t necessary but he agreed to do it and I feel 1000xs better knowing it was ok everything passed. Then I let it heal as long as he said and then got pregnant and had a healthy daughter. But yes definitely get checked out if having pain and issues! And then request Sono after for safety and peace of mind.

1 Like

I dont have any advice but I’m so sorry your going through this and I hope you have a good support system around you :purple_heart:

I cramped for a few days after my miscarriage. I lost the baby at 6 weeks and passed the baby while the doctor at the er was checking me.

1 Like

Did they do D&C if not you might need one to clean your cervix out

You need to get a D&C done to be sure everything passed. You could get a bad infection if anything is still sitting in there. I had a miscarriage very similar to yours and my dr was sure to schedule me one afterwards.

I miscarried twice and wasn’t really healing inside for about a week or so, there’s still spots of blood, a little cramping here and there & the feeling of tiredness all the time. Every woman has different level of recovery & depends on the medical procedure you went through. Call you doctor if it’s becoming a concern already.

1 Like

Go to the er now an infection will be twice as bad tomorrow

Its normal. Everything is passing through and u can feel that. Esp. Blood clots

I would say it’s an infection or something was left inside from miscarriage. I am sorry for your loss!

1 Like

Just go in. I had a horrible experience miscarriaging and will always tell someone to go in and make sure everything got expelled.

1 Like

Sounds similar to what i went through, the fetus is caught in your cervix need to have a dnc (believe thats what its called) i went to the er 3 times for my miscarriage!

1 Like

Go to the ER if you have not passed everything you can get infection an become septic. If there is pressure in the bladder it could be from swelling (inflammation)

You need to get a dnc done to make sure everything is out .

I had to have D&C. Go to ER.

You may need a d&c done. The bladder thing makes me think of when I was pregnant and would get a bladder infection, I would cramp if my bladder wasnt empty.

I cramped like that with my miscarriage it got to the point where I couldn’t move (this was the next day) went to the er and as soon as i got there i started bleeding heavily I ended hemorrhaging.

I’ve had 3 miscarriages and every one was different. I didn’t have to have a dnc for any of them. The Dr told me that my body had recognized something wasn’t right and started the process of getting rid on the baby. I was given the option to have a dnc or let my body finish the process and it would just feel like a very painful period. So the pian could be normal but it just depends on your situation because everyone is different. I was given a pill to “help” speed the process along. The last one lasted almost a month of heavy bleeding and tremble pains. Your dr should have a after-hours number to call I would try that before going to the ER.

1 Like

So I haven’t seen this posted yet… but you need to massage your uterus. Every time you start to feel cramps you need to massage the area roughly and that will ease the pain a little and help pass the clots easier. Also, old wise tail says take 2 aspirin, no more than that though, it’s a blood thinner it will help thin the clots out as they pass…

In some cases they like to do a D&C after miscarriage to make sure everything has been removed properly & nothing there that could cause an infection

3 Likes

I agree it sounds like not everything might have passed through naturally and the doctor might need to check it out. I have had 1 before. Sorry you are going through this :purple_heart::purple_heart:

1 Like

It sounds normal to me (took about a week for my miscarriage to pass naturally) but for safe measure, get checked by your doctor.

I’m so sorry for your loss, mama. I’ve only experienced one miscarriage at 9 weeks and I bleed for about 2 weeks and the cramps regressed along with the flow. Also, even during my period y cramps are much worse with a full bladder. It never hurts to get checked out, but I was able to pass everything naturally.

You definetly need to go get checked out, I think the doctor is supposed to make sure everyone is out and scrape if need to… I had it done once before.

I have no idea. See doc ASAP

May need follow up :heart: -one of many who know

This is how I felt too two days after both my miscarriages, but both times I did strenuous activity the day after. I would let your doctor know just to be safe, everything might not have passed. Im sorry for your loss :heart:

2 Likes

This is normal. Even though you didn’t have a full term birth you still “gave birth” so things will take a while to get back to normal. I “miscarried” at 17 weeks and bled for a few weeks after that. Passing some big clots. You just lost a pregnancy. Your body needs some healing time

1 Like

Call the Dr. and yes you might still have clots they will make there way out. When I had my miscarriage at home and the rest at the hospital it took a couple days for everything to pass sending healing prayers.

You should see a doctor I miscarriage before would
Have die if my boyfriend don’t make me go to the
Hospital get some medical
Help sap everything don’t
Pass out my body

Go get the D&C that’s wat happened 2 me twice ( the miscarriages). Only had pain once but I had procedure done twice

1 Like

So sorry for your loss… Ive had 6 miscarriages…and yes all were a bit different…let doc know and take it easy

I had three miscarriages :sweat::sweat::sweat:. They all varied some. But definitely make sure with doc. Hugs.

So sorry. You may not have passed everything and might need a d and c.

Might be a few more clots having to pass, but watch for a fever and yes, call the doc in the am…praying over you​:pray::green_heart:

2 Likes

Sorry for your loss so I had two miscarriages the second one they did do a DNC hope things work out for you

Sorry for your loss :pray:

Sounds like a UTI. Call your doctor. Sorry for your loss :pensive:

1 Like

Every delivery is different and that includes miscarriage. I’ve had 6 miscarriages, a stillbirth, and my one living miracle. They were different gestations and all were very different experiences from each other. Ranging from me being on my feet after a couple days to being on my feet after 6 weeks. Some I hemorrhaged with, some I had ‘normal’ bleeding. I’ve miscarried at home in a few hours and I’ve been in hospital for days during a miscarriage. The best thing for you to do is talk to your OBGYN if you have even the slightest concern that something isn’t moving as it should

I’m not a doctor but I’d say you might need a D.N.C. good luck

I had two miscarriages the first I had no DNC and was a drawn out process the second was followed by a DNC and it was so much better. Recovered so much quicker, and fell pregnant about 3 months later, to full term x

Follow up with the dr. I went to the ER and ended up having a miscarriage in March this year and they told me to follow up with my ob within 5 days. So definitely call your dr

Your best bet is to go ahead and make an appointment with your doctor just in case there is something wrong you may have been pregnant for twins just go get it checked out and have an ultrasound done take it easy

The doctor gave me an option to do a DNC or let it pass naturally and my body was strong so I wanted to let it pass naturally but I should’ve got the DNC …after almost dying I ended up getting the DNC. Sorry for your loss💙

I would go to the Dr, I would also get some 100% cranberry juice to help with the UTI symptoms.

Do NOT get cranberry cocktail juice it’s full of sugar it will feed the infection if that’s what it is.