Is this normal behavior?

Okay I would like to start off saying I know this isn’t a doctor’s office and I plan to talk to my son’s doctor about the situation but I guess I just want to know if I’m crazy or if other people have went through anything similar or maybe you just have any advice. It may be a bit long, so I apologize in advance…So I have a 5 year old son and he is like most 5 year old children, loud, crazy, funny, smart and easy going but is also the sweetest boy, gives loads of affection and loves to be with people, especially his family and he loves to play with other kiddos, all except one (whom he has lived with not long ago for almost a year)… needless to say they fight like siblings almost anytime they are around eachother. Lots of pushing and hitting, taunting and such.This weekend they were fighting on the play structure (and my son pushed him off, he says by accident and the other says he did it on purpose). When the incident happened and the little boy fell off the structure he began to cry and my son immediately started to cry as well and apologizing profusely, instant regret. I let him calm down a bit and then explained to him the severity of what he did and he was very sad, apologetic and wanted to know if his friend was okay. He then went with me over to the boy and told him he was very sorry and he didn’t mean to push him off the structure. Fast forward to today, the other boys mom messaged me telling me my kid was psycho and he should be evaluated. So I guess my question is (even though I’ll still be talking to his doctor) do you think my kid is normal/okay? This is the only instant where I have ever felt there may be an actual mental health issue with my child cause typically he would have never done this, he was very remorful and I have never thought there was anything wrong with him until this mom put these things in my head. Guess I just need some advice or just someone to listen to me cry, I struggle with anxiety daily and this is just too much for me to handle alone.

74 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Is this normal behavior?

Kids are going to be kids and you know your son better than anyone, don’t let anyone else put things in your head that you feel aren’t true. Question, if there was a reason your son would act out to that one other boy as he did; yet not act out to any other one but that one lil boy. Is there anything that one boy is doing to make your son act out. Ask your son randomly and if you still have the need to speak to your child’s doctor then do so.

4 Likes

Your child is fine! If YOU feel the need to have him evaluated, go ahead. But it sounds like it’s going to be a waste of time. Kinda sounds like the other mom is the crazy one.

6 Likes

He is a typical kid! Was what he did wrong…yes! But he realized and had emotions about it! I was hell on wheels at the age! When he starts becoming unapologetic about stuff then I would worry.

6 Likes

Awww poor momma. Your child is normal!! Maybe the boy deserved it :wink: you never know the shit he could be saying to your son to make him react in such a way.

He sounds like a normal kid to me. I know he’s little but at this age he should be able to communicate to you if he really in fact likes this other kid. My son gets along with most but there is one that he bumps heads with pretty often. I asked him why and he says he just rubs him the wrong way. Their personalities just don’t mesh as well as with other kids.  as long as you continue to correct the behavior when it’s wrong then I think everything is fine.

2 Likes

He’s 5, he doesn’t understand what can happen in situations like that. They have no impulse control and no long term consequence planning, nor the life experiences to say hey if someone falls from up high they can get seriously hurt. It’s completely normal behavior right now.

7 Likes

Normal behaviour I would say

Sounds VERY developmentally on track. This is very normal for this age. If you have any concerns I would bring it up to his pedi but he sounds absolutely normal to me

3 Likes

I would keep my son from around him as much as possible, if that’s how the other mom truly feels.

3 Likes

Sounds like your child is a typical 5 year old. It needs to be explained that we do not have to like nor play with everyone however we do need to show respect.

3 Likes

That kids mom is just being a over protective parent. There’s nothing wrong with your child. If it was an everyday thing then I’d be more concerned, if I were you. Boys fight and they play fight and they do stupid stuff because they are BOYS. There’s literally no need to even talk to your son’s doctor about this. He felt empathy, there’s nothing wrong with him. Let that mother dramatize the situation, that’s what we do when our kids get hurt by other kids. Typical 5 year old though, so don’t worry.

4 Likes

There is nothing wrong with that, you why , because he is aware of what he did he took responsibility when he apologized and is not something he do as a daily basis, he just do not like this kid , maybe the kid is bad to him and he just reacts.

Just ask him why he doesn’t like him, and tell him that is Oky not to like someone but that he has to be respectful and just avoid the kid

2 Likes

Only seek psychiatrist evaluation if it’s a pattern of behavior over time not a lone event
Take a breath!

Sometimes people with impulse control struggles will act/react in the same way. So many things can effect ones ability to control their impulses. Psychopaths don’t feel remorse for what they do so I wouldn’t listen as much to his friends mom’s opinion. When you witness your child being pushed off of a structure it’s easy to see the pusher as a psycho even when they aren’t. Ask your son how he was feeling right before he pushed his friend and how he was feeling right after to better understand where the behavior is coming from. If this is the only kid that your son reacts like this with, maybe keep them separated.

You son is not a psycho. He is fine. All children do things like this at one point in their lives. When my daughter was 3 she was playing on the playground with a little boy. While they were playing she threw sand in the little boys eyes. The mother and grandmother freaked out and took him to the ER to have him checked out (which I felt was completely unnecessary) but he was fine. It is something kids do. It is part of growing and learning.

He is only 5 and yes he is OK
But do the question stuff with hi a doctor

Your son is fine, he’s not psycho. Was he wrong sure, but kids at that age are not developed enough to know that’s pretty bad.
My boys get physical with each other. It happens.

1 Like

I have 5 kids. They all do stuff like this! Its kids being kids!

1 Like

Its normal. He got scared that’s why he was so anxious. At his age they dont discern consequences of actions especially if it ends in bodily injury. After tht he learned that someone can get hurt if he plays rough. The other kids mom is the psyco for thinking that way and saying that to u.

l get paid over $ 176 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $ 16425 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://proworkinfo923.pages.dev/

Kids are normal human beings and we all won’t get alone. I think it is normal.

He sounds like a normal kid!! Just sounds like the other mom was upset also and the fact that your son was instantly remorseful and apologizing say a lot! Kids will be kids and sometimes they do things without thinking and learning to control your behavior and reactions doesn’t happen overnight, they learn as they grow and the fact that they taunt each other is a normal sibling thing, and since they act like siblings they are gonna have arguments it’s normal! Maybe talk to the other mom about how you two could talk to the boys about taunting each other and work it out :slightly_smiling_face:

I have 3 sisters we used to do this kind of stuff to each other . I have 3 children they all fight from time to time accidents happen . I grew up with a friend who was basically a cousin but not blood related and we would fight like mad at times lol . Sounds like typical kids . He knew he didn’t mean no harm and was upset and apologised he’s 5 . Maybe keep them away from each other

They lived together …so yes they will fight like sibling …and this is EXACTLY what siblings do. Wait a few years

Girl :raised_hand::joy: fuck her. Also my kids fight EVERY SINGLE DAY, so do my nephews with them. That’s 7 kids 6 are boys- 1 girl. If I called the doctor every time one shoved the other they’d have ME evaluated.

I think it’s normal behavior. He’s 5 years old. He didn’t know the serious side of things that could have happened until you explained it. That mom needs to stop calling your son names. That’s not right at all. I don’t think your son has a mental problem. He’s a rough little 5 year old. Keep him away from that other friend and mother. She don’t need to be verbally abusive about your child. You’re the mom, you do what’s best.

1 Like

Sounds normal to me.

Some people, your son is just fine. He probably didn’t mean to push him off the structure. So I wouldn’t worry especially if he was sad and apologized. Let him be a boy.

2 Likes

It makes me very sad to see that a five-year-old pushed another kid and now this lady is making you think that something is mentally wrong with your child… children push each other, hit each other, yell at each other, don’t like to share, Etc of all ages! hell even adults are that way LOL but for one instant a five-year-old pushes shouldn’t mean he’s mentally ill or has any issues. Now if YOU feel he needs to be checked out then you do it for you not because someone is making you think something is wrong with your baby. I hope the other little boy is okay and that Mom is probably just upset her baby got hurt but this is normal behavior for toddlers LOL and their personalities probably just Clash unfortunately.

I think I’d be more concerned if he had laughed when the boy got pushed off or if he continues to do it more and more but a one-time thing is nothing to worry about especially since he was genuinely upset that it happened.

1 Like

How do you accidentally push someone. He could have injured the child. I would approach it as roles reversed. Your child def not psycho… just conflict with this one kid.

3 Likes

It seems to me that this was a learning experience for him. You taught him why it was wrong of him to push the other child, and he showed remorse. I’d only think there was a problem if he continues the new behavior after this, like a developing pattern.

I Get Paid 0ver $ 107 per hour w0rking from h0me. I never thought l’d be able to do it but my colleague makes over $ 12805 a m0nth doing this and she convinced me to try. The p0ssibility with this is limitless.

SEE M0RE HERE… https://SuccessFullyJob137.pages.dev

He’s 5. He’s learning and this is completely normal. Also, this is why children need supervision.

He is a normal 5 year old.

1 Like

I am hard pressed to say that one incident will lead to more. I seriously don’t know if your child has anger management issues or not. The problem is if you let it go and it does lead to further issues, you may have missed an opportunity to address the issue before your son learns he will get off the hook if he expresses remorse, even if he doesn’t mean it. A psych evaluation may be needed to determine if your child has a moral compass or not. I don’t know if that exam is possible at his age. Based on the past history of fighting, I am concerned enough to suggest that you do go ahead and discuss this and prior incidences with his doctor.

10 Likes

Are YOU crazy?
He probably doesn’t like the boy, as they’re always fighting. Kids are still learning so they’re not at the point where fighting isn’t okay or what not.
I’d tell her to shove it and never let her son back over again. Accidents happen and so do actual events of physical altercations in children.

COMPLETELY NORMAL.

But keep your son away from hers if your son continually has issues with this boy. No reason he needs to be playing with someone who makes him believe he needs to always fight him in one way or another.

Use it as a teaching moment overall, but you said your son is sweet to all others except this one boy. I wouldn’t worry unless he had been hurting everyone or everything or this starts becoming a normal behavior around anyone he starts playing with.

3 Likes

It sounds like the other kid is an asshole and your son just got tired of it and reacted. I think it’s totally normal especially since he immediately expressed remorse. If your son doesn’t get along well with this kid and the kid’s Mom is saying this kind of stuff to you, I think we’d stop hanging out with them. You’re not alone. I’ve got 2 older boys and a young girl. Take a breath. Only have him evaluated if YOU think it’s necessary. :heartpulse:

He is fine. That other mother was out of line to call your child names. I’d have put my hands on her… but that’s me. He is 5. I have 4 sons and 2 bonus sons in my house. They always bicker and such… they are children. The best thing you can do is exactly what you did, explain to him what he did wrong and make him apologize. I’d be telling that other mom that you don’t want your child around hers if she wants to say ignorant stuff about your child. Smh. Help him make new friends with understanding parents.

3 Likes

Your son sounds like a normal child. Kids sometimes fight… I wouldn’t take him to a head doctor unless your doctor says so

He is perfectly normal. More than likely him and the other child have issues you guys know nothing about, as all siblings do. The other mom is just pissed her son “got hurt”. Your son apologized AND felt bad. That says alot. ALOT! It’s with 1 child, so, no, he’s not psycho.

1 Like

It’s normal to an extent, but it also could be impulsive, it probably wouldn’t hurt to have him evaluated for ADHD or something like that, but it’s pretty normal for 5-year-olds, unfortunately sometimes they get hurt and sometimes they don’t.

1 Like

Sounds normal to me. The other Mom is over reacting. Now if this type of behavior was happening on a regular bases I would be worried. But as long as he was remorseful and he understands the damage he could have done, I wouldn’t worry about it.

3 Likes
  1. Psycho is definitely a strong word and not appropriate to use for a 5 year old.
  2. please stop viewing mental or behavioral health as something being “wrong” with your child. This is really unhealthy for you and for him if there is an issue and can often lead to parents missing symptoms that would allow their child to receive proper evaluation and support.
  3. Let go of the stereotypes you see on TV. A child (for example) can have ADHD can absolutely be sweet and loving and smart. Kind. Considerate. Have great moments. They can also be disregulated emotionally, have issues with executive functioning, act on impulse, not understand certain situations, or even be so unfocussed that they do things like bumping into stuff and knocking stuff.
  4. it’s normal for kids to bicker but outright fighting and shoving from dangerous heights is enough of an alarm to step back and look at his behavior objectively and address the issue with a doctor if you’re seeing a pattern.
1 Like

Go sit at a playground and watch how little kids play…you will quickly learn this is total normal behavior…needs to be corrected but don’t drag it out…doctor not necessary unless you want dcf in your life
…move.on and tell that other mother to fluff off

3 Likes

Sounds pretty normal to me.

Sounds normal to me! I spend all day with 2 year olds.

He’s just a normal kid, make sure he knows what he did was wrong and go from there. Wouldn’t hurt to keep an eye out if he hurts animals on purpose or whatever but that other mom should be shamed of herself.

2 Likes

Normal is a setting on the dryer and we all have mental issues. Kids and grownups have issues and problems at times, such is life. If your child was sorry and apologized at the time, let it go and be thankful.

1 Like

He could be bipolar with combo of adhd my daughter was like this until meds and counseling

Sounds like kids being kids.

1 Like

The babie is just learning to navigate the world he was angry and he reacted true phycopatgs have 0 remorse.your raising a tiny human that like all tiny humans need to learn to control emotions and boundaries.if he starts killing animals worry until then boys will be boys.

2 Likes

Sounds like a normal kid. He was upset so it doesn’t sound like he meant it. May have meant to push him… but didn’t think he’d fall all the way. They push each other all the time. He’s fine… you did great in g it and I’d just keep them apart for now. And that mother needs a slap…

2 Likes

My kids do crazy shit all the time… they jus learning… especially wen they fyting… I’d be bat shit crazy if someone had to call my kid physo regardless…

Very normal! I was like that as a kid, too. I am definitely NOT a psycho.

I understand worrying about everything with your child, that is pretty normal. However, what your son did is very typical behavior and there are even many positive things your son demonstrated. It seems the boys were pushing back and forth and just fighting and your son happened to get a good push in that unfortunately pushed the boy off. The wonderful and super positive part of this is that your boy immediately felt sorry, regretful, remorseful, and a ton of other extremely healthy feelings! He apologized and fully understood what he did was wrong. You have a very healthy and kind boy whom you should be extremely proud of! The other mom in this scenario sounds toxic, so staying away from them both sounds like it may be good for both you and your son! Best wishes!!

3 Likes

He sounds like he learned empathy through the experience.
Maybe he will be less likely now to ever repeat that experience. That’s how we learn

Read up on the subjects using google talk to your child and have a session or a few
Stop stressing over this other mom when our kids are hurt we speak out our a$$ at times
So just make sure everything is well taken care of and if he has vomplications just find ways to cope or handdle said behaviors

Tell your neighbor to stick it I think what u did with the boys was great and I will bet they will bevfriends…shame on the other mother for not knowing how well u handled it…ignore her she mat end up as a Karen…

2 Likes

Other mom probably only said it because she’s upset which isn’t an excuse at al because no matter what you don’t say that to a child’s mom for something like this. They’re kids. The end. It happens it’s normal your son is totally fine. Had he not gotten sad or apologetic or remorseful then I’d say yea he concerned.

He’s fine

1 Like

Why is he living with another child that isn’t his sibling?.

Kids that age don’t really get the concept of every action having an effect. He probably did push the other kid but didn’t mean to push him off. Kids are impulsive and rarely think about the long term consequences. Now is the time to maybe do some experiments and discussion about actions and consequences.

2 Likes

Kids are learning boundaries, social & emotional at that age. It sounds normal to occasionally fight with a good friend & really it’s likely why they fight since they are together a lot. He may have felt more comfortable pushing the other boy because he wanted to see what would happen or he may have just got caught up in playing & it just happened if they were both rough housing. Keep an eye on his play dates and if you notice a pattern of him playing too rough, emphasize gentleness. but in all honesty kids can be very rough unintentionally at young ages. Schedule a time to talk to the other mom when he can apologize to the boy & mom. But then have a kid free chat with her about how he has never played this rough before. And she also needs to speak to her son about boundries, like ask for help if a friend gets too rough in play. Kids need to be taught to say things to an adult and not be told it is tattling. Maybe get your boy play dates with other friends so tempers can cool. It might be best he learns to play with younger kids too so he can learn gentle hands!

My middle daughter is 5 and my youngest is 14 months younger. They brutally beat on each other all day every day, yet are perfectly sweet with any other kid. I would worry if the other kid was a complete stranger, and he purposely pushed him off for no known reason, other than that, kids are just little shits sometimes and we just have to teach them otherwise

Your kid is fine kids kids don’t think before they act sometimes their brains aren’t fully developed. now if he didn’t feel bad And he had 0 remorse that’s something else. Your child is fine and that mother is just upset and trying to make you feel bad. kids will be kids s*** happens.

2 Likes

Sounds like you need to be a parent to do your child, Because apparently the punishment you’re giving him is not working

3 Likes

where did he learn that behaviour from? If from the other boy, then both have some learning to do, including the other mother.

1 Like

He’s 5! Ffs he’s still learning right from wrong. He apologized. He was apologizing and showing regret immediately. If he didn’t show any type of emotions after doing it then that’s when you need to be concerned. Sounds like the other mother overreacted and I definitely recommend to stop having your son and that other child around each other for the time being. Do you know how many times I’ve had to stop kids from fighting? They’re kids not adults.

10 Likes

Um yeah so he sounds like a very typical 5 yr old…don’t worry / stress & definitely don’t worry bout ur neighbor

2 Likes

Sounds like a normal kid, now if there was more incidents then maybe I’d be concerned. Most kids (I’ve been around a lot I’m a substitute teacher) he apologized right away. A lot of kids never apologize. He wanted to know if his friend was ok. I would not worry about it.

2 Likes

He’s 5 he pushed a kid and then apologized, sounds normal. He’s learning empathy.

1 Like

Normal. Two of my grand children a boy & girl, raised together. Played every day & went over each other’s house. Lately they fight constantly. Almost as if they are competing with each other. Hopefully they grow out of it soon

I’d say it’s pretty normal, you explained why he shouldn’t do things like that and he understood yes? Our children aren’t always going to like everyone and I don’t think they should be put into situations where they’re forced to play with people they don’t like.

1 Like

If that’s the only kid he has trouble with….maybe it’s the other kid

No it’s normal kids push shove argue they don’t think of consequences til after I don’t know why your seeing a doctor for your child is normal 5 Yr old I’ve seen 5yr old do worse. Your child isn’t psycho or doesn’t need mental health treatment for the love of Pete, it’s the mama bear syndrome your gonna be protective if your child gets hurt that’s all the other mother is doing unless your child is out of control which sounds like he isn’t and the fact he cried and apologised straight away shows he Kewn he was wrong.

2 Likes

Sounds like pretty normal 3-7yo behavior- especially for boys. I will bet you the other boy will still be trying to come play and all that… that mom sounds like she needs to get off her messenger and have a grown conversation. IMO

2 Likes

Unfortunately, I know gr[own adults who still behave like that. Sadly!

2 Likes

It sounds to me like the mother yelling at you is who needs to be evaluated. He didn’t laugh when he pushed him. He didn’t crack him in the head with a bat or a tree branch. He didn’t sit on him and choke him. He pushed him. Kids fight everyday. Especially siblings/kids that live together. Calm down momma, he’s fine. If you’re worried, just keep an extra eye out on how he acts.

5 Likes

She’s completely out of touch with real children. Kids hurt each other then feel bad ALL THE TIME. It’s literally them learning actions and consequences, and empathy, and how our choices impact others. Not all kids learn in this particular way, but sometimes their emotions overpower them and they do things like this. It’s a hard lesson to learn the hard way, and I hope he doesn’t need to learn it more than once. Sounds like you have a kid that learns through first hand experience, which is honestly a blessing and curse. Make sure you nurture and discipline it correctly, you don’t want to make him afraid to learn for himself. He just needs to know how to explore those feelings without hurting others. He’ll get there! That other lady is a weirdo though don’t listen to her.

4 Likes

He sounds like typical 5 yr old child and he straight away apologized which I think was really good that he did that he new he had done wrong so I would say you have a nice little boy there all kids squabble nothing new there .nothing wrong with him I would say

2 Likes

Omg he’s a kid. Like every kid I know. When I was a kid, I was pretty much the same but if I didn’t like someone my mother didn’t make me play with said person. He sounds normal imo and other mom needs to realize this. She’s probably 1 of those “my baby could do no wrong” types which I avoid.

2 Likes

Sounds like normal kid behavior to me. I’ve got three grandsons 6, 4 and 2. The 4 and 6 year old play like that all the time. I’m always telling my son they are 4 or 6 years young they weren’t born with knowing right from wrong. Sounds like your son learned a valuable lesson.

2 Likes

No he’s not needing and dr kids will be kids the other mother is just mad I’m sorry but your boy sounds like it was an accident and I would believe him if I was you the remorse he felt tells you it was I wouldn’t let him play with that other kid no more maybe if the truth be known it is other kid that’s the problem seems that’s only kid he doesn’t get along no with so I don’t feel there no need for a dr to tell you
Your baby is just that a kid of 5 yrs
There’s gonna be more accident in his life just explain he’s gonna just have to be careful next time so accident won’t happen
But please mama believe your son for he needs your love

3 Likes

most likely your son is OK, But I will say, kids with psychological disorders are very conniving & do know how to work it well & will seem like it is only an accident & they didn’t’ mean it. The fact it was only this kids, I would also say, ask him why they just don’t get along, And if there is a problem, don’t let them get together agian…ever

4 Likes

The only psyco is that boy’s mom… your son is a normal 5yo boy. I have a 5yo girl and she is the sweetest girl ever, and even her sometimes will lose her patience with her little sister and pushes her. Totally normal mama.

5 Likes

Kids have a hard time with impulse control and understanding severity consequences. With that said he probably did do it on purpose but not with malicious intention. His reaction to the reality of what happened is good it means he feels bad and didn’t want to hurt him. Kids who need an evaluation would have laughed or had no reaction at all to his crying. The kids mom sounds like she has problems, it’s one thing to be over protective but to the extent she did is overboard and concerning.

5 Likes

Sounds like a 5yo to me. It doesn’t happen all the time. He regretted it, felt remorse, hasn’t tried to hurt him again. The other mom needs to cool her jets.

1 Like

You have a completely normal 5yr old son.
He showed true remorse.
Honestly kids play and rough house play , sometimes ho a bit over.

If he was with zero reaction. Smiling or trying hard to hold in his smile or laugh. Or lol then I would be concerned if some mental illness.

Don’t worry.
You did exactly what your supposed to do. Although I would cancel that dr. Appt for him. No need.

2 Likes

This is pretty normal for their age. I wouldn’t worry. That mom is clearly having some of her own issues

1 Like

Wow that’s an awful thing for that lady to say about your child. She should see my 2 sons. They are constantly like WW3 and I believe it’s pretty typical behavior for siblings. If they lived together for that long there’s bound to be some of that behavior. I don’t think you need to talk to his Dr. Kids are allowed to dislike other kids just like adults don’t like someone. He is only 5. He does not know how to deal with those feelings if dislike. As a young child it comes out in all sorts of ways. As long as you teach him those actions are not ok and show him other ways to deal with his emotions- avoiding said child, playing nice when he can’t avoid him, removing himself when he feels frustrated, apologizing when he goes to far,- than that’s what’s important. Don’t let him hate. Teach him patience and validate his feelings and don’t let anyone ever talk about your child like that. You did the right thing.

1 Like

Your child is normal. You also did good letting him feel his emotions. My grandson has issues and the therapist said I have ro let him feel his emotion…name it and help him fi d a way to deal with it

2 Likes

SHE is psycho. Kids fight, it’s inevitable. You’re never going to get along with everyone on the playground. Maybe tolerate, but that’s about it. At this point, I’d be having a conversation with your child about making choices and that bad choices have consequences. Yes, he’s remorseful and yes he apologized, but that doesn’t change the fact that this other kid ended up on the ground hurt. It’s important to tell your child, regardless of if we like someone, or their poor choices, we can’t lash out in anger or annoyance and that doing so will have consequences if it happens again or if he continues to have issues with that particular child. I would also tell him, if he’s having issues and he doesn’t feel like he can resolve them with any person, he should come to you and you can address it together the right way. This way, if it does happen again, he thinks first, before just reacting, and hopefully gets you to guide him through it rather than reacting or just lashing out. Whether it was an accident or on purpose here doesn’t much matter, as they both would’ve had the same end result. I also like to do role reversal and place that child in the other’s shoes and ask him if he would like it if x had done y to him. Typically they understand pretty well after a conversation involving those things. It’s important to lay down behavioral expectations for your child, and consequences for when they fall short or go outside that boundary. It’s even more important to follow through and be consistent in the consequences. I don’t think this incident warrants speaking to his doctor about. She’s insane to say something so asinine in the first place. Her reaction is purely emotional. Not one of trying to fix it or even get to the bottom of it. That’s on her and not much you can do with that. I wouldn’t worry about it, except to address it with your son in depth and make clear expectations for him regarding interactions with this kid in the future.

2 Likes

I have 3 boys who fight non stop starts off as play fighting and there is always 1 that gets over the top and hurts. But if they are that sorry then u can c they didn’t mean it. The mums just angry cuz it’s there kid which is understandable but there is nothing wrong with ur kid. It just got out of control. It’s definitely kids will be kids thing here

2 Likes

Normal. My daughter bit her best friend in preschool. This bite mark is still there. They fought and made up many times. To this day 25 years later they are still best of friends.

no worries hes a normal little boy dont take her words to heart shes jus defending her child this to will pass

I would separate the two of them until they both can get control of themselves with each other. If your child had these issues with other kids maybe I would take the other mother’s words and be concerned. But it’s the two of them creating this situation if your child only behaves this way around him. That said, I do believe your child pushed him on purpose. Prior behavior indicates that. So it’s your job to protect your child and prevent this problem from happening again. I wouldn’t allow them to play together until they both understand that they need to keep their hands to themselves

He’s a 5yr old boy, they play rough. He seems pretty normal to me. Maybe other mom needs to calm down a little.

2 Likes

He’s fine boys fight and get over it really quickly you corrected him it’s over if you are worried about it keep a closer eye on him for a little while

Psychos don’t show regret.

6 Likes