Mhy daughter has COVID and I cannot sleep: Advice?

All I just need is advice, please. I am up, cannot sleep, and have not slept for two days. My daughter, who is only six months, tested positive for corona. I have taken her hospital, and I was returned back. She is coughing terribly, cannot eat, and scream in tears when she wakes up. Please, I’m telling me what to do. I have had so many miscarriages, and this baby was my hope and joy. I don’t think I can survive if anything happens to her. All I’m desperate for is advice. What can o give her, I’m losing my mind watching her go through what she’s going through, and I have heartaches listening to my husband blaming me, please some advice, even if you may post this on our timeline to hear what other mothers had gone through. Please, I am begging for any advice. I stay awake all night holding them just so she’s sleep coz once I put her down, she don’t sleep. Please post this as anonymous

311 Likes

Please go to covid support groups on fb. I would add you if you posted yourself.

1 Like

Maybe taking her to a different hospital for a second opinion. :pray:t3::pray:t3:

8 Likes

Vicks vapour rub in hot water in room helps wiv breathing and coughing but go on their website for more support xx

1 Like

I’m so very sorry this is happening. If you can, try laying her on her belly as much as she can handle it. Fluid can build in the lungs, so if she’s on her belly, it’ll help reduce that risk.

8 Likes

Take her back to hospital

5 Likes

Good luck, momma. I know it’s so scary when your little one is sick and you’re unsure. Praying for you.

1 Like

My baby stayed so sick with coughs before she got tubes in her ears. I SWEAR by a warm air humidifier with liquid vapor ( Vick’s) in it. It’s the only way she would sleep. Do you breast feed? If not, you could ask local moms to spare some breast milk to help boost her immune system. Praying for you and your baby. :heart:

21 Likes

Do you have a cool mist humidifier? That helps make it better to sleep at night. I know for adults they say it’s better to sleep on your side or stomach when you have Covid. Can you both sleep in some sort of chair so you can keep her propped up and the both of you get a little rest. Maybe call her pediatrician or local health department and see if they have any more recommendations. You can look into the zarbees brand since it’s more natural and see if their cough medicine would be okay. I had to use that for my son when he was younger because he has asthma. I’ll say a prayer for your family.

2 Likes

Some things I have heard (but fortunately not have had to try so far)…do not let her sleep on her back so it doesn’t crush her lungs. Do not give any cold drinks only warm. Put vicks vaporub on her feet and chest (the baby kind of course). Also some kind of quiet noise like lullabies in the background could help her soothe better. i have also heard that melatonin helps a lot but consult your doctor first since your daughter is so young. Sometimes they are allowed to give very small doses.

1 Like

Call children’s hospital or the pediatrician

2 Likes

They should not be turning her away with a 6 month old with these symptoms. Call the on call pediatrician now and do not let up until she is admitted to the hospital.

13 Likes

If she’s not eating take her to a different hospital

2 Likes

Tylenol for infants should help her if she has a fever or body aches, I would think using the oilogic for cough during her bath will help with her coughing, and having a vaporizer going on. Prayers she gets well soon

What does the pediatrician say? Try a different hospital. It could be rsv.

Get a second opinion! Prayers for you and your daughter!

1 Like

My one and a half year old daughter just tested positive for it as well plus on top of that pink eye and she does the same thing but all you can do is hold cuddle and love them for 10-14 days but if it gets worse or doesn’t clear up go back and I give my daughter mucusnix or how ever you spell it and keep her on her belly so she can breathe better

1 Like

Prayers prayers prayers :pray::heart:

Call your local pediatric hospital

3 Likes

Take her back to hospital or somewhere else for a second opinion. Demand something to be done and call her pediatrician if she has one.

2 Likes

Take her to a different hospital and request that she be admitted.

2 Likes

I was told, don’t put them on their back when they sleep, I would hold her when she sleeps. Put her on your chest, laying her on her stomach. Water is great, room temperature, nothing cold.

Ignore your husband for starters. Id seek a second opinion from a different hospital too hunny xx

4 Likes

Take her back to ER.

1 Like

Second opinion.
Different pediatrician.Lots and lots of breasmilk.
If she takes formula see who can donate some breastmilk.
It will help her a lot.

1 Like

Praying for complete healing in Jesus name :pray:t2::purple_heart:

Rub some vicks on her feet throat neck & back put on socks on her feet …plenty of fluids x

5 Likes

call the pediatrician immediately. try a different hospital and report the one that turned her away.

2 Likes

Call your pediatrician

1 Like

Agee if your unhappy with treatment in any way take her back to a&e

Keep her hydrated with pedialite…so she does get dehydrated. Vicks,vaporizer…children’s Motrin.Tender loving care…you got this. Prayers always help! Trust God

1 Like

Take her to a CHILDRENS emergency room!

3 Likes

Prayers and Hugs!
I’d try a different dr/ER.

1 Like

Keep on top of paracetamol and ibuprofen. Alternate the 2 will help if in pain. Try keep fluids up but by sound this virus thats all that can be done. Dont lay on the back. So if you are holding her hold her upright on your shoulder as they are saying squishes lungs on back.

Take her to a different ER.:pray:t3:

2 Likes

Second opinion … see sounds very sick and needs better medical care

1 Like

Prayers. Take her to a different hospital, get a second opinion. Follow your mother’s intuition. Place her on her stomach as much as possible…

2 Likes

Baby probiotics, pedialyte, baby omega 3’s :pray:t4:

Call your pediatricians office, they should have an after hours line and you should be able to talk to the on call pediatrician,

2 Likes

Go back to the hospital and don’t leave. Raise hell. A six month old with coronavirus needs support.

13 Likes

Praying that God covers your daughter in the blood of Jesus there is power in his blood. May he lay his hands of healing on your baby girl and don’t lose faith. God is with you. Sending you love and prayers :heart::pray:t2:

6 Likes

There’s no need for your husband to blame you. You’re already going through enough. He should be helping and supporting you. COVID can happen to anyone even those who are extremely careful. The only thing I’ve heard is not to sleep on your back when you have it. I wish you the best and many prayers for you and your baby

2 Likes

A 6month old child coughing terribly and not eating due to covid should not be sent home. Take her back to the ER or to another hospital so she gets the medical care that she needs.

10 Likes

Do you have a childrens hospital near there? go right there if not to far away.

5 Likes

Go back to ER and don’t leave without help for that angel. I’m praying for both of you.

2 Likes

Everything I read about covid says sleep on the stomach. I know she is at a young age for that, but hold her that way so the fluid doesn’t pool in her lungs. Do water, pedialyte and Gatorade in a syringe to keep her hydrated. I pray she gets better!

1 Like

Tylenol vitamins extra c d. Get in contact with her dr soon

Pediatric ER! Some hospitals don’t know much pediatrics! You can also take her to your bathroom, sit with her on your toilet or a chair & run the hot shower- the steam should help her breath a bit easier. I would get her to a pediatric hospital, though. Insist till they give her some care. You can call your pediatrician & tell him/her you are taking the baby to the ER en route. If your ped is like where I worked, they will give the ER a heads up that you are on your way.

Call your dr office, take her to the nearest children’s hospital, or er!

1 Like

Vicks all over, plenty of fluids, Tylenol or ibuprofen for fever (I feel and ibuprofen works better but idk if it’s different with Covid so ask your pedi) humidifier or vaporizer, and patience. This will pass, she will be ok.

1 Like

Back to hospital and do not let up until they admit her and give her care she needs. Praying for a full recovery

2 Likes

Find someone near you that has colloidal silver and inhale with a nebulizer

3 Likes

Give her a warm bath with eucalyptus bubble bath when she gets out rub her down neck chest and feet with vicks get a vaporizer or turn the hot water on and get ur bathroom really steamy when she falls asleep lay her on her stomach with a pillow under her hips it will help the the breathing and reduce the coughing

Keep her hydrated and Tylenol for fever.

Go to a different hospital. She NEEDS to be there. She’s little.
And if she’s that bad, she needs it.
Mama you fight for your baby!

3 Likes

Praying for your precious baby

Albo Claire can u help? Xx :cry:

Praying for your sweet baby and you for healing. Xoxo

Prayers for you momma. That’s all I have. :heart::heart::heart:

Prayer for you n your daughter

Get her back to hospital she’s too young to be dealing with that , so sad

3 Likes

Give her tea the manazanilla give it to her not cold n of course not hot warm they said that drinking warm drinks helps

1 Like

Call her pediatrician they will give you best advise.hold her all you want.im praying for her to get well soon.and im praying for your poor worried heart.lm praying also your hub will show you more compassion.God bless.

2 Likes

I think my son had covid last winter. They did just about every test imaginable, and said it must be an upper respotory virus. He ended up at the hospital twice, and stayed overnight once. A couple months later everyone found out about coming. I would go sit in a steamy bath with shower curtains closed to get him to be able to breastfeed. I would sleep sitting mostly up, propped with pillows, and holding him on my chest.( I only got a couple hours a night, but made sure he was safe) I would go to the hospital again, talk to them about what can help

2 Likes

Not ib profin as its an anti inflamitory…boil vinegar and water …

Take your baby to a children’s hospital if there are any near by… and if there is not, I would still take the trip. Poor babe and poor mama. Please don’t listen to dad who you said is blaming you

5 Likes

Give her a steaming bath
Like sauna n try feeding her with only warm foods with a lot of vitamin C

1 Like

Request a nebulizer for breathing treatments for the cough and congestion.
She likely cries when laid down on her back because of the pressure from the congestion. She’s old enough if she rolls to her stomach to sleep.
Do you have someone to come help so you can rest?

1 Like

Go back to the hospital and demand her to be kept in

3 Likes

Everyone she is 6 months…please don’t listen to people saying give her this and give her that. Babies this young cannot have certain things take her to a children’s hospital. Do not dare let that husband of yours blame you. He’s a pos if he is. Babies and kids get sick !!

13 Likes

Pray for her nothing is impossible with God… You just need to trust Him you need to be brave for your baby our God is bigger than that shit virus :pray::innocent::innocent:

I totally missed the part about your unsupportive spouse!
I’m so sorry!! Mom guilt is bad enough without someone adding to it.

Hugs I can’t imagine how awful it is for you & her. Your husband is an asshole for blaming you. What did he do to prevent her from getting it? What is he doing for her now? I bet nothing. Dump his ass.

Stop panicking because its covid. She can feel you freaking out. It’s no different than her having a bad cold and congested. Do what you would usually do. Calm down. My whole house is currently in quarantine. Only person is positive. My 4 month niece had it as well. Bad cough etc. Her nurse mom treated it as any old cold. Rotate tylenol and motrin. Warm baths, vicks on bottom of feet not on her chest she can suffocate.

5 Likes

Boil viniger and water Until it’s nice and steamy, and have her breath in as much as possible that will help her break up the mucus

Give her a half teaspoon black seed oil 3 times a day! Take her outside in the morning sun for vit D vert important dont not keep her in closed dark room! Predeslone to dry the flem ! Keep her fevers down with stilpane syrup for babies ! Or surpositries from chemist! Must keep fevers down let her sleep on tummy ! Will be praying for baby! I know its very stressful ! But prayer helps !

Take her to a different hospital if they’re not attending her at the hospital that you took her they’re supposed to give her at least something if she’s really not feeling good I know there’s no medicine for Covid but I’m pretty sure they can give her something different or at least tell you what to do with her

Definitely take her to a children’s hospital!! Asap

1 Like

Sending you prayers and love! Take your precious baby to the childrens hospital and demand more help fight for your baby and as for the husband he should help you instead of blame so sorry

1 Like

Do not listen to anyone’s advice on here who isn’t a doctor. Bring that baby back as many times necessary if you think something is wrong. Bring them to a different doctor if you don’t think you’re getting proper care.

9 Likes

Take her back to hospital and point out that she’s not eating. If you’re in the UK, ring 111 and say you’re worried your baby isn’t eating and is dehydrated. Keep an eye on the fever. If it’s over 39 then you really need medical help fast.

1 Like

I don’t have advice really but I’m so sorry. I had the worst PPA & I can’t imagine going through that. You & the baby are in my prayers

Please keep fevers down very important and check her breathing all the time important! All so avoid cold foods and yorgut etc warm drinks and food helps to fight covid !

Give her elderberry juice in an eye dropper or small syringe. It is a natural anti viral also use vicks vapor rub on shirt so she breathes vapor. Also she should sleep up like in carseat

If she can’t eat give her the tiniest little drop of breast milk or formula. Not a lot. You don’t want her to choke. Just a drop at a time. You don’t want to her to dehydrate. Do this till you think she isn’t hungry and has enough food/ milk in her tummy. Have someone help you with her if you have someone. So you can sleep

1 Like

Take her to a children’s hospital !!
Prayers

2 Likes

Me my husband and my 3 month old daughter has just recovered from COVID. I was told by my pediatrician to keep breastfeeding her and give her symptomatic treatment like for fever and pain I used to give her paracetamol other than that I would highly recommend steam for cough, just run the hot shower for it. She will be okay. Prayers

1 Like

When my step dad had it they told him not to sleep on his back as it increases the pressure on the lungs. Also to keep pneumonia from setting in

Cuddle her, get the bathroom all steamy for her and go in there with her. It will help break up the mucus. And talk to her Dr.
And don’t listen to dad. This ISNT your fault.

2 Likes

I’m so sorry. In praying for you and your baby girl. Give her pedialyte to keep her hydrated, infants tylenol and get a vicks humidifier, they help open up her lungs. You can also run a steaming hot shower and just stand in the bathroom with her to clear her up. Its hard when they are so young. I’m so sorry. My baby boy is six months today so I am really praying for her to come out of this.

If shes so sick and young bring her to the hospital please

1 Like

If the hospital is turning her away, go to a different one!

5 Likes

Leave your Ass of a husband at home and go to a different hospital … He can’t prove he isn’t the one that gave it to her ! He could have transferred the germs to her ! There is no way to know how she got it . If you haven’t spoken to her Pediatrician today call the after hours number !

Take her to different hospital. Alot are overwhelmed try a childrens hospital or 1 with a great pediatric floor

7 Likes

I gave my daughter Zarbees and infant Tylenol. Also Enfamil makes infant liquid vitamins i would just put a dose into my daughter’s milk once a day. Also a cool mist humidifier

Give her Vitamin D in drops. Tylenol for babies, An humidifier with eucalyptus oil helps with the cough. Try to keep her hydrated. She is going to be okay. COVID-19 is not that dangerous in baby’s. God is with her and you, keep calm, what you feel you are transmitting it to your daughter. If you are calm and positive , she is going to feel that energy. My baby had Kawasaki disease at 5 months . Babies are stronger than us. Pray to god and keep positive energy. They feel how we feel , remember that :heart:

Oh dear, its okay mama. Try to get her to a children’s hospital for some care when you can.
In the mean time, try to calm down. That may in turn help her calm down. She is sensing what you feel. Try to run a steam shower and sit in there with her lying on your chest for a while to loosen up some of the phlegm. Try to keep her from laying on her back, and keep the fever down with children’s motrin until you can see a doctor again. Hang in there mama. Praying for yous. Xoxo

2 Likes

At 6 months they should of kept her I would take her back to the hospital

3 Likes

If she can, they recommend sleeping on the stomach it keeps the lungs open.

2 Likes

Warm pedialyte if she’s not eating. Also humidifier with vicks in it. Rub vicks vapor rub on her feet then put socks on her. Hold her while she sleeps, you can sleep too. I used to always sleep with my babies on my chest when they were sick. Its tough being there for someone 24/7 without any reprieve, but she will heal faster with your touch.

2 Likes