My 1-year-old will not keep his clothes on: Advice?

My sons 1 and a half and will NOT keep his clothes on. :woman_facepalming:t2: It started with this pants and now he figured out how to take off his shirts and he just runs around in his diaper! He has a cold. I worry about him not being warm enough but he just will not keep them on! Any helpful ideas?

18 Likes

Zip up pajamas either on backwards or with a clip at the top through the zipper

4 Likes

Let me know when you figure this out :joy: my sonā€™s 3 and is still in the naked stage :joy::joy: he gets dressed when we have to go out and as soon as we are home he strips off completely butt naked. Doesnā€™t matter what the weather is like or if he has got a cold. Always naked. It must be boys :joy::joy:

5 Likes

My son is ALWAYS nakedā€¦he has not liked clothes since the day he was born. He is almost 5 and as long as we are home, he is in only underwear. He is hot natured but kids arenā€™t as fragile as people think. As long as it isnā€™t 30 degrees in your house he will be fine, see if you can get him to at least keep socks or slippers on.

1 Like

1 piece pajamas without feet and put them on backwards. They canā€™t reach the zipper.

4 Likes

Zip up jammies on backwards with be your hero! :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

My son is 6 and half and as soon as he gets home from schoolā€¦ or anywhere really lolā€¦ off comes the pants. Or he will run around in his undies and socks. If he is cold he will put clothes on or ask for help. Unless itā€™s really bothering you I dont think itā€™s a big issue. I dont really have suggestions for ya though because I havenā€™t figured it out yet either! :joy:

1 Like

Some kids just like to be freeā€‹:joy::joy: my daughter hated footed pajamas so that never worked for us. Good luck

I have 3 boys oldest is autistic and hates clothes so of course the other two are usually running around in undies/diaper. make sure the house is a good temp and tell ppl to call before they come over :slight_smile: life is too short to worry about clothes in your own home

1 Like

Itā€™s just a phase, my daughter did it too. And being cold will not make him become more sick. Hopefully doesnā€™t last to long

My aunt used to put sleepers one her son when he would get naked during the night. She would fasten the zipper to the top with a diaper pin, so It was harder to get off.

I donā€™t know. I just didnā€™t give my son the option to run around naked. I always just made him wear clothesā€¦ If he took them off I put them back on and told him no. After a few days of that he realized it wasnā€™t an option and stopped taking them offā€¦

I wouldnā€™t worry my boy 4 runs around no pants I just thank the lord for less laundry :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

My kid did this i fixed the problem with rompers that button at the crotch. He cant see down there and doesnt have the strength to pull them apart. Hes also 1 and a half and its kept him from taking off other clothes too

1 Like

Totally normal. My daughter is 8 and still does this when she gets home from anywhere or while sheā€™s in her room. Nothing has helped lol

1 Like

This is my son hes almost 17 months and i cant even keep diapers on! I have 3 girls older and they never done this lol!!!

1 Like

Let me know when you figure it out. My 3.5 year old and 2 year old are pretty much always naked minus a diaper and underwear. Lol

1 Like

Turn the heater on. My daughter does the same, & she got big boobs for as little as she is. Another post, tho.

I agree on this cold weather, one piece on backwards.

1 Like

My daughter does this too :tired_face: except she also takes her diaper off! So sheā€™s usually always in a onesie.

2 Likes

Use a sleeper or a onesie

Mine takes off his diaper too. It could always be worse!

Mines 5 and 10 :woman_facepalming: when you figure it out let us all knowā€‹:woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Put baby gro back to front

When we are home i let her run in her diper even when i put sleeper in she figure a way out but she usally good in public

1 Like

I have one that likes to be naked and one who wants to wear every piece of clothing she owns at the same time. I just keep the house a comfortable temp.

2 Likes

Put those one piece jammies that zip up on him backwards

1 Like

Put clothes on backwards

1 Like

Mines 8 and still the first thing he does when he gets home is strips down to underwear. One piece PJā€™s (footless) on backwards. I just trust that when heā€™s cold heā€™ll put clothes back on or bring them to me to help.

1 Like

Footless zip up sleepers put on backwards

1 Like

My 2 yr old is always in just a diaper. They donā€™t get sick from being cold. They get sick from germs. If youā€™re worried about him getting chilly then just turn the heat up a little more.

Put on a onsiese or try potty training him

I have grandsons (2 teens n 10 yr old) that come in their clothes being tossed here and there, an hour later they are in their under pants, sitting at the computers talking, yelling and laughing, game time. and the 3 year old girl she does the same, except she isnā€™t at the computer. She runs thru the house, narrowly missing the stairs learned thru tumbling down the stairs.

Duct tape. :joy: good luck! Mine is 7 and still runs around in his undies every chance he gets

Every kid does it at some point

thank God Iā€™m not the only one my three-year-old daughter runs around naked all the freaking time.

My mom had the same problem with my brother ā€¦so she went and bought him several outfits (Shirts and pants) that buttoned up the back. With me, I took my daughter to the store and let her pick out two out fits that she promised to wear. If at any time she took them we put them up where she could see the but was not allowed to wear them for a week until she could be trusted not to undress again (I guess with a little girl who likes to dress in what she thinks is "prettyā€™ it was a good deterrent.)Good luck mom.

1 Like

Heā€™s aware of his comfort zone

Does he know how to unbutton the onsies too? Mine canā€™t so he just wears those.

1 Like

My oldest was the worst diapers went on backwards footy pjs backwards that lasted for a little while but he was a flexible little stink as figured that out he eventually out grew it mainly after i had his sister because i taught him to be modest in front of sissy so he started learning more about privacy now 8 he is really big on his own privacy and only lets me or gis dad see him naked if he needs help dressing or something in the bath what not good luck mama

1 Like

I had niece like that couldnā€™t keep her clothes on my great niece is the same way but sheā€™s in school now and alot better

Keep him in those 1 piece feetie pajamas that zip all the way up.

Just wait until he figures out his diaper. Then youā€™ll be where Iā€™m atā€‹:joy::woman_facepalming:

3 Likes

My niece is almost 3 and she does the same thing ! Even when she sleeps i believe. She takes her panta off and wonā€™t keep her shoes or socks on. We worry about the same thingā€¦ I hope they do grow out of it because itā€™s a constant thing.

1 Like

Mine all do this nvr in clothes 9 5 and 3 yrs old but u can get him a one piece sleeper with no feet and put on backwards so he cant unzip it that should workā€¦

2 Likes

When he gets cold enough he will llet.you kknow. They.all go tthrough that. You can try taking him somewhere.to pick out a couple pair of PJā€™s he loves.

My Grandson was the same,its a stage they grow out of eventually

1 Like

My little brother would run around bare ass naked I think he just has to get bored of it

You could also try putting him in shorts, it isnā€™t much but itā€™s somethinā€™

My son is 1 and a half and is the same wayā€¦ Trust me if they get cold they know how to let you knowā€¦

1 Like

See my son takes off all his clothes and then takes off his diaper which is killing me lmfao
But ik its a stage

1 Like

Let him be free lol. He will be fine. As long as it isnā€™t cold in the house, he should stay warm enough.

I saw where a lady suggested you get one size larger of the sleepers and put them on backwards. One size larger will allow you to rotate the feet around to fit the right way. :man_shrugging: Worth a try!

Itā€™s a battle you will not win.

Letā€™s see nowā€¦
Exactly which one of you are the parent& and the biggest?

2 Likes

Put a safety pin with the cap through the zipper of a onesie

Just keep putting them back on and talk to him, itā€™s not ok! Heā€™ll get it and grow out of it!!

1 piece. Turn them at ancles and zip backwards

Maybe get some creepers? Mine could never figure out the buttons.

1 Like

Turn up the heat and be happy he keeps his diaper on!

1 Like

It is a thing he is going through he will stop and the cold it is a virus he will get over that to and at night just put extra blanks on him and he is a Cooper he is always hot so Ashley donā€™t worry

Sometimes when kids keep taking off their clothing and shoesā€¦, it may be an indication that he might have a reaction or a slight allergy to milk productsā€¦ Does he have a lot of colds?? it could be the reaction in actionā€¦ for 1 week, hold off on the milkā€¦see if this behavior changes and that cold clears upā€¦ you then will know if ā€¦it is the milk and or the antibiotics they add to it .good luck.