My 10-week-old has been spitting up a lot: Advice?

Might be allergy to formula

Reflux! Medicine helps a lot

Idk, ask the babies Dr maybe? That’s definitely not good if they’re spitting up water, that means the milk is turning to a solid and separating and not digesting properly. Either a gentle formula they’ll probably need or acid reducing medicine. Please from now on tho, communicate with your children’s Dr, there’s some seriously dumb people on Facebook.

Some times they have a air bubble that causes them to do that.

Check with her pediatrician

The doctor will be monitoring weight at checkups and checking for dehydration. Wouldn’t hurt to give the Pediatrician a call

Could be allergic to the formula! Both of my grandchildren had this problem and had a milk allergy and my granddaughter also had a protein allergy. The rash is a red flag too the allergy too. Good luck.

3 Likes

This could be pyloric stenosis. Which means the bottom of the belly seals shut. It requires surgery.

If the baby isnt keeping bottles down. If the baby is throwing up alot and often. Be very careful dehydration can happen pretty fast with this

My son had this and it’s more common than you think. It can be diagnoised with an ultrasound.

I would go to the ER.

Best of luck!

Hopefully not mixing with store bought baby water, regular water bottles, or tap water. If you are stop. Best way to have sterile water is to boil it, and let it COOL to luke warm then add formula…could also be the formula but it should never be givencold to the baby… I would try that first and see if it helps. Easiest thing to start with before spending money on other formulas

Formula shouldn’t have a chill on it in the first place when tge baby is that young and you never add extra powder! Call your babys dr and take a parenting class.

2 Likes

My son did the same thing and so did I as an infant. The flap in our stomach that keeps the food from rising is to short. It’s a common thing in infants. Take the baby to the doctor. There’s nothing they can do but then you will know if it is. My son grew out of it after a year. It sucked

It could be any of these but the baby doctor can help you better than anyone. My daughter had acid reflux. The doctors thought it was colic at first but I was persistent. Finally at 12 weeks old she was diagnosed with reflux. That was after trying new formulas, propping her head of the bed, and so so many other suggestions by her doctor.

1 Like

My daughter did that at a few months old. Lost about 5 lbs. In 2 days. Took her to emergency, per her Dr. Orders, and she was going thru kidney failure. Take your child to Dr. Dont wait. It could be nothing or something. If they say nothing and it continues find another opinion or just take her back to her. Dr.

may need soy formula consult a pediatrician first what kind of altered milk could be allergic to certain types of formula

Get to the Dr. Babies at this age/size cant go long with digestive issues before they can become severely dehydrated/sick.

3 Likes

My daughter had the same issue. I had to switch her to soy formula. The regular formula was to hard on her tummy.

2 Likes

When my son was a newborn he was diagnosed w GERD. But we also switched his formula. A soy formula and kept him propped up instead of laying flat.
He eventually grew out of it thankfully.

1 Like

Take her to the doctor please.

If it has been going on longer than a few days, take her in.

Sounds like she may need a trip to the Dr. Her formula may need changed!

Try heating the bottle a little.best wishes fir you and baby.if warm doesnt work see what the dr offers

Could be acid reflux my son had it bad they put him on medicine for it and it worked great

1 Like

Acid reflux try soybean formula!

it may not be the water it maybe the formula…i would ask her doctor

Trust no one. Take the baby to Doctor. Don’t take chances. Go now !

2 Likes

Feed her/him the formula for spit up.hold her up on your shoulder and burp then make sure the head of the bed is raise a bit like 2in.see if that helps

It could be colic my son had colic really bad and had to be on special formula just for colic

What kind of formula are you using? It may be that.

Gastro reflex. Maybe. I know my son experienced this and was diagnosed.

Go to the doctor especially with the rash breaking out it could be an allergic reaction

Get her to doctor or ER. She needs to be seen right away

1 Like

Spitting up water or formula?? A baby that young doesn’t need water.

Simalac has the formula for sensitive tummies

Call the pediatrician