My 14-month-old still refuses to walk

My 19 year old didn’t start walking until she was 14 months. My 14 year old started walking at 12 months. My 3 year old started walking at 17 months! And my 2 year old started walking at 14, almost 15 months. Every child is different.

1 Like

She.will do.it on her own time!

This is not a problem.
Calm down. Be patient.
Your anxiety has a very negative effect on your child.

2 Likes

Mine walked at nine months holding on but took much longer letting go. We built up strength by holding hands and also on adventure playgrounds where they could walk along holding on.

1 Like

My son didn’t start walking until just before 16 months he just said nope and then one day he just stood up and walked

1 Like

My daughter was 14 months when she took her forst solo step. She was also very chunky! Id suggest “assist walking” have her hold onto your fingers while you are behind her assisting her on walking forward! My daughter loved it and it really helped encourage her to take her first steps alone(: every kid walks at different times!

2 Likes

My daughter didn’t walk until 15 months…she never liked tummy time and I think the tile floor scared her… but she’s perfectly fine 12 years old smart and independent.

She will when she’s ready.

My daughter was almost 2 before she walked. Found out at 4 she had really poor vision and was hearing impaired

She is walking she’s walking along things my son was a big baby and the same way wouldn’t walk unless holding on to things so I got him a push toy that he could feel steady with while walking after I did that he would take off and try to run people over lol

She will walk when she’s ready my 4yo didnt walk till 18 month old…

1 Like

She’ll walk when she is ready don’t worry mama! I have 4 kids sometimes they don’t walk or talk for awhile and that’s okay!

2 Likes

She will when she is ready! Although, I had a nephew like that and turned out he needed tubes in his ears. The ear infections caused him to be unsteady which caused him to fall, so he didn’t want to walk

Does she sit with her legs bent and out to each side! It’s common and the proper muscles are not being developed.

My daughter who is now 28 didn’t solo walk until she was 15 months old. She rolled over once from back to belly and screamed and never rolled over again. She didn’t even try to crawl until she was almost 9 months old. She would be on her back and we called it bucking across the floor. Have no idea how she didn’t bust her head open. At about 13 months she would side step holding on to things. I was so worried. The poor dr probably thought I was a nut. But my boys alkyd before 12 months. She had chunky thighs and a chunky butt. The dr said she was fine and would walk when she wanted to, and he was right. We went to see her godmother one day and my daughter started walking and I said to her godmother look she’s walking. The little stinker sat down and refused to walk the rest of the day. She is still a sassy lil girl. Lol

My son started at 16 months but didn’t use it as his main way of getting around until 18 months… Your daughter is fine

Mine started walking at 14 months. My friends didn’t walk till 18months. She’ll do it.

My son was walking at 8 months, my daughter at 11 months. She will walk on her own terms when she’s ready. Until then get her a walker for her to walk with. My daughter has a Minnie mouse walker.

3 Likes

Neither of my girls walked til 17 months:)

My daughter was 18 months it took watching her cousin walking and get all the attention then she started too her cousin was 15 months

My son was chunky he didn’t walk until he was 15 months old almost 16 months

She will do it . If doc sees nothing wrong your good. All of a sudden your going to be running your butt off chasing her. And the cubby legs will go away soon as she uses them

She’ll walk when she’s ready hun, my son would stand up to play catch and walk along tables, but didn’t actually take steps until 18months.

One started walking at 9 months fully and the other not til 14 months old, and both have walked well some 35+ years since!

One of mine didn’t walk until she was about 18 months but it wasn’t because she couldn’t. I would put her down in the other room and watch her. She sat down scoot accross the floor until one day she deciced she wanted to play with the other kids we were visiting. She got vv

She’ll walk when she’s ready! Mine was almost 16 months. I thought she’d never walk. Give her time :heart:

As long as her body can support her legs when she stands on things, it means she has muscle strength in her legs and her bones are strong.

She will walk when she’s ready. Mine walked at 16 months.

My son was 16 months. My daughter was 8 months. She will when she is ready

One of my nephews was slow to walk too. Their pediatrician suggested walking with child hands in yours and using small chair to push around to develop leg muscle tone

This is a discussion for your family doctor initially. The best way to encourage her is to not pick her up and make her walk to you away from things she can hold. Blow bubbles and tell her to catch them.
She MAY feel instead due to a muscular issue or joint issue. So it’s best to have her checked out and ask for things to do to strengthen her leg muscles. Do you carry her a lot? Does she do a swing or jumper? Her muscles may not be strong enough if she is a chunky little biscuit :heart::heart: not all kids walk at the same time BUT at this age she should be a bit more steady and not afraid. Also have her ears checked. Vertigo can make walking difficult too. There may be some physical therapy things to get those legs stronger if that’s the struggle. :grin::grin: good luck little momma!!

my little guy is 14.5 months and JUST started getting the hang of it!

She will get there. Encourage her as usual and she’ll start out of nowhere… then you’ll be wishing you’d kept your mouth shut lol xx

If she’s 14 months and your worried about it talk with your Dr or pediatrician, shecoupd be taking her own time or she could have something wrong developmentally (adhd, asd)

My son was slow walking because he had lazy eyes. Make an appointment with a pediatric eye doctor.

My oldest didn’t walk until 17 months. Give her time.

My son was 11 months & my daughter was 15 months when they walked. They will walk when they’re ready. Try to sit face to face with another person with space between you & have her walk back & forth to you both & do it everyday. It will make her braver! & give her the courage to start taking off on her own!

My son was almost 2 before he let go of things and I bribed him with pieces of candy haha. Id hold it just a little farther away each time and as he reached for it he had to let go

My 4th child was 18months

Try holding her hands and get her to walk. Do not let her fall or it will scare her.

She needs guidance and encouragement (practice with an adult to be the spotter)
Otherwise, talk with Pediatrician and ask to look for Tethered cord to rule it out

What does the pediatrician say?

My son was 17 months when he took his first step. He was a chunky boy.

Dont panic. If she’s walking along things she can walk…she’s just not ready to let go. Leave her to find her feet in her own time.

5 Likes

Hello :earth_asia: friend I am here to tell you how I made up to 2,000 $ daily from home? :fr::uk::us_outlying_islands::puerto_rico::de::south_africa::canada::philippines::australia:
Stay with your family at home and make more than 10,000 $ in every 48 hours mining Mrs Meltichong has helped a lot of people including me and my family you can just
Contact Elisha :point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down: Redirecting...

See your doctor . Therapy might help.

hugs honey … she will walk when she 's ready. My MiniMe could walk but preferred crawling when he was that age becauce it was faster. Time and patience. Every child develops at their own pace.

1 Like

They all learn at their own pace, I’m sure she’s fine.

1 Like

Put her in a baby walker and it will develop strength in her legs and give her a sense of confidence just give it time every child has their own pace

1 Like

My son didn’t want to walk until 14 1/2 months and he’s chunky too. All my other kiddos walked by 1 years old.

Some kids take to 18 months mine walked between 11-14 months but I believe my pediatrician said some take up to 18 . Is she an only child ?? My oldest took 14 months but the other 3 walked my a yr. So I believe that can play a factor also

1 Like

It’s entirely normal for children not to walk independently until 18 months. He fact that she will walk(cruise) the furniture is a good sign. She just needs some encouragement and practice. Hold her hands, buy a push walker, lots of praise and patience. One morning she will just take off :blush::blush:

1 Like

If she walks along things… She has interest in walking. Every baby has chunky thighs. Also every child is scared to fall… Adults too.
This doesn’t sound like a failing from the child.

Help them walk, show them a fall is ok. Make it fun. I’m not even sure what the question is. Your kiddo is probably confused too :man_shrugging::drooling_face:

She’ll get there when she’s ready Mama​:revolving_hearts:Walking furniture is fine so you know she’s able. Patience :wink:

My son didn’t walk till he was about 18 months old. Now at 6 yrs old he runs everywhere! Kids do things at their own time.

Get her eyes checked. My daughter did not walk without holding your hand or holding onto things until she was 18 months. Optometrist figured out she could not see clearly so she was afraid. Got her glasses and she took off.

1 Like

Don’t panic. Mine were 15 months and 16 months. Your pediatrician will let you know if they’re concerned.

Using the baby bouncers where they sit in it and they use their legs to push off the floor helps strengthen legs which eventually will help with the walking, using baby push carts when they hold on and push once they show pulling up themselves to hold on to tables etc and walk…then balance comes in to play then before you know they are up on their own!

she’ll walk when she is ready nothing to really worry about! but yes try and make an appt. to get her eyes tested if nothing is wrong there -than she’ll walk when she’s ready

Enjoy it while it lasts

Put her in a walker more

She doesn’t want to. Doesn’t need to either (she thinks lol). Mine was the same then one day he took off.

Patience an love.Love. don’t rush just because other baby’s do earlier.

My daughter did not walk until18 months

My daughter didn’t start walking until she was 17 months. You can try sitting on the floor with another person, starting really close together and basically have your daughter walk back and forth between the 2 of you while holding her fingers/hands/arms and gradually move further apart to where the other person can’t just take over holding her hands and for the few seconds she will be on her own. Obviously this won’t happen in one day…it could take time. If there isn’t another person you could take her favorite toy/stuffie/blanket/food and have her take a couple of steps from holding on to something towards you to get the item. Same type of thing, you hold her hand in the beginning and gradually move further away to where when you reach out you can’t reach her and she has to walk to your hand for assistance. I hope that makes sense. Good luck Mama, you’re doing great!!! She will get there sooner or later, every baby goes at their own speed.

She will get there!!!

Stand her up and let her follow your pet. That’s how my grand baby did it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Mine didn’t walk until 18 months

You really don’t want to push her :joy:. Once they start walking, their into everything. But seriously, as long as she’s walking around stuff, you’ll be surprised one day when she just start on her own.

She will walk when she is ready. Hold her hands and walk her around with her feet on top of yours it will help her understand her balance when doing it herself. Lots of fun.

She’ll do it when she’s ready. She’s cruising so it’s not a worry at this point. Some babies take a little bit longer to walk. My daughter didn’t walk until about 14 months and my son was closer to 16 months.

She will walk when she is ready.
I’ve had walkers at 10months old and 16months old.

just keep working with her.

My children except for my youngest did not walk until the were 15 months old don’t worry! They were strong and healthy kids

Get a toy that she can push around.

My son didnt walk until almost 20 months…please dont put her in a walker, theres been studies that state that can continue to hinder walking. We ended up needing my son evaluated for pt because of the lateness in walking. I’d talk to your pediatrician

My son walked at 16mos…She will let go when you least expect it :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

My daughter didn’t start walking till 17 months, just keep encouraging her and get her a walking toy she can push

1 Like

Give her time. Every child learns differently. She’ll walk when she’s ready.

2 Likes

She’ll do it in her own time just be patient. My oldest brother wouldn’t walk, mother said, until he was almost or just past 2, dame thing was a little skiddish

She’s not refusing, her body just isn’t ready. Give her bones and muscles more time to develop.

Let her be. At least she’s starting.

Don’t rush her she will take off when she is ready

When she is ready she will

My middle son had the opposite problem with little chicken legs he couldn’t support himself with. He started walking at 14.5 months.

#1 was 10m
#2 was 1y 2 days
#3 was 16m
#4 was 17.5m
#5 was 13m
All babies are different

3 Likes

All little ones are different I have 4 girls 1 walked at 8 months 2 walked at 14 months and my youngest walked at 15 months

My kids were all 14-15 months before they started walking. It’s normal

1 Like

Each kid is different. She is still scared and she will get the courage and you will wish she wasn’t because she will be all in your stuff and climbing on everything.

Let her be. Let her get comfortable at her own pace and she’ll do it when she’s ready.

3 Likes

My now eight year old did not officially start walking until he was almost 19 months old

1 Like

There will come a time very soon that you wish that they wouldn’t walk.

1 Like

Our grandsons was 16 months old when He learned how to walk He had big thighs also

Never go for the “babies develop at their own pace” nonsense. There are milestones for a reason. If she isn’t reaching them within thirty days. I’d talk to your pediatrician.nit can be something simple like hip issues or pain in feet. It could be something serious that prolonging getting it checked out can make it worse.

Mine was about 14 or 15 months old, I use to tell herwatch me step step,Finally her dad and I satacross from one anotherandgot her to go back and forth between us, lost her fear and she was off.

1 Like

First was 16month hands free, second was more 18/20 months hands free

I had one talking calling his brother that was only 4 by name come and get me at 16 months when she’s ready she will

Both of mine walked at 15 months. Totally normal. Their pediatrician said kids all have their own timeline, and it’s ok. He has 4 kids of his own all grown and one didn’t walk till 18 months. :woman_shrugging:t2:. Don’t worry and don’t rush it, trust me.

1 Like

My son was the same way. He had no problem holding on to things and using them to walk, but didn’t walk on his own until he was about 16 months old. He was so chunky and heavy, so I couldn’t always carry him. Especially when carrying other things. Instead what I did was hold his hand and walk at his pace. As long as he had me, or someone/something to assist him, he was fine. He eventually started to take a few steps without realizing he wasn’t holding on to anyone or anything. One day he just got up and did it on his own.

She will figure it out :blush:

1 Like

Our granddaughter did that and then she took off.

1 Like