My 15-year-old daughter is pregnant: Will DHS really get involved?

We just found out my 15yr old daughter is pregnant. Took her up to get her established with maternity care & after she, of course, tested positive for pregnancy, the nurse informed us that because my daughter is only 15, she must notify DHR/CPS. Has anyone had this experience? I am curious as to what to expect & how long they’re going to be involved in our family life now? We just found out my 15yr old daughter is pregnant. Took her up to get her established with maternity care & after she, of course, tested positive for pregnancy, the nurse informed us that because my daughter is only 15, she must notify DHR/CPS. Has anyone had this experience? I am curious as to what to expect & how long they’re going to be involved in our family life now?

54 Likes

I mean there’s plenty of pregnant teens, they may ask questions like about the father probably to make sure it wasn’t forced or anything

3 Likes

I’ve never heard of that at all. Unless she is saying it was from an abuse/assault situation then they can’t even really do that. I’d find a new doctor.

9 Likes

Wtf? I got pregnant at 16 . I’m now 23 with and almost 7 year old never. Was she alone with them??? Could your daughter of said something too them??

I got pregnant at 15 no one ever called cps on me an my parents. What state is this?

I was 14 and pregnant and I didn’t have to go through cps or my family

Um, find a new dr.
There is absolutely no reason for that.

15 Likes

It’s more to make sure she wasn’t raped, just go through the process and it’ll be over soon, they won’t stick around unless there is a reason

5 Likes

Never heard of such. I got pregnant when I was 15, I miscarried, but no one was ever called on my parents

New dr or was she abused or raped and she’s afraid to tell you maybe? Then that would explain why the dr informed you about contacting social services

1 Like

That doesnt sound right. I would find a new doctor and contact a lawyer

1 Like

I got pregnant at 15, now 26. Not once did I ever get questioned or anything like that. That’s crazy

All they do is “home checks” to ensure the baby is properly taken care of

1 Like

Never heard of this before! Maybe your state legal age is 16 for pregnant teens

I was 16. Never had cps involved.

Not necessarily. Unless she spoke with the Dr/nurses and it could be a older boyfriend. Working with planned parenthood I deal with thia althea timw

3 Likes

Once the government is involved they are like getting rid of bed bugs. They will likely be in your business for a while.

17 Likes

Definitely new doctor

I would imagine it depends on the state. Age of consent is 17 though. I still see no reason to have child services involved, unless you as her parent feel it’s necessary

2 Likes

It doesn’t matter. They just want to make sure the child is being born into a family that can care for it. Idk why this is a shocker to everyone. Most 15 yr Olds don’t live on their own Nd care for themselves therefore they just want to make sure that this baby will be cared for. It’s a good thing they check. All they’ll do is ask some questions and make sure her living environment is safe and that’s it

24 Likes

Depends on your states age of consent. But hopefully they don’t get involved

I got pregnant at 16 and never got questioned about anything

3 Likes

It depends on where you live. I live in KS an had my first baby at 14. Legal consenting age here is 16 so yes the state got involved. But since babys daddy was also under consenting age they didnt press any charges. Just investigated. However I will also add that once they look at you it is amazingly hard to get them to stop. It took me 10 years, actually got a social worker fired an moved out of town before they left me alone. I jumped through every hoop an took every class. Its a pain in the ass for sure but you can fight them. An never forget that you have rights! Wishing you and your family the very best of luck!

3 Likes

Age of consent, possible abuse, get dad on board for financial support, counciling, she’s young, this is life changing, health care. Etc. all depends on the state and sometimes the county

1 Like

I got preg at 13 had her 4 months after my 14 the bday and raised here every sec of it and never got called in

2 Likes

Only if you or her state she became pregnant by rape .

I got pregnant at 15yrs old but i never had the child services involved … or questioned by anyone involving the police …infact i got alot of support from my school counselor

1 Like

I was 13 when I had my first kid, I was told they would get involved but never heard from them. It would be best to find a new doctor. That’s not a reason to bring CPS in unless she was raped.

2 Likes

I got pregnant at 15 and never had cps involved

There has to be something else going on for CPS to be involved. CPS just doesn’t go around looking for things. However it could be to make sure the baby and mother are being raised in a healthy and safe environment. Not cooperating is only going to make matters worse.

5 Likes

To find out who dad is so it’s not statutory rape.

1 Like

Maybe she should get an abortion. She shouldn’t have to carry the pregnancy to term.

19 Likes

Probably depends on the state you live in. Honestly I don’t necessarily think it’s a bad thing. Probably want to make sure the baby will be taken care of which is understandable. Someone who isn’t a adult should be in school which means they definitely would need support in raising a baby.

1 Like

I have never heard of this

2 Likes

Maybe depends on where you’re from and the age of consent? I was pregnant at 16 and never experienced this.

I’m not sure where you’re from. I’m from Canada. I was 15 when I got pregnant with my first daughter. Her father was 26. Nobody questioned either of us about anything, although in my case they should have.

12 Likes

My mom got pregnant at 17 and they never questioned her? I have friends who got pregnant at 14. Nothing. Maybe they want to see if she was raped or if it happened with consent?

I got pregnant a few days after I turned 16, never had cps or anyone involved.

It depends on the age of the father I think. I got pregnant at 17 and was never told this and never had any issues involving cps.

I got pregnant at 15 and had my daughter on my 16th birthday… nobody ever got involved. I think the nurse is just trying to cause problems.

1 Like

First I’ve herd child services being involved

1 Like

What? I was 15 when I got pregnant

1 Like

Go to a different doctor

1 Like

I can’t believe someone mentioned she get a abortion that’s terrible

9 Likes

I think it is different everywhere. I know in ontario when a minor falls pregnant the doctor is mandated to call. Now whether they stay in an open case or not is different. If they find the mom to be stable enough and not on drugs or a different addiction I believe they leave it alone.

They will be up everyone a$$ for her whole time and probably charge the dad with rape because of age of consent is 16 in most states

2 Likes

People now is different the law likes to mess peoples life up

1 Like

It’s to make sure it was not statutory rape with the child’s father.

1 Like

I’ve had a couple friends have babies at that age and never dealt with this. Might depend on the state you live in though.

1 Like

Maybe because she’s still a child herself ?

2 Likes

Never heard of this, my niece is 14 pregnant and Cps never come out to my sis house.
They might ask you some question at the Dr appointment

1 Like

There is no reason for that unless she said something that hinted to it being abuse/forced

Here I know anyone under a certain age gets a visit from CAS before they leave hospital to make sure they have the support and things they need for the baby. If they don’t have a reason to stay in your life that will be it.

2 Likes

My mom had me had 16 none of that involved lok

i was pregnant at 15 and i never had to be involved with DHS/CPS it may very from where your locates and my guess is until your grandchild turns 18

1 Like

Not unless the guy is over age or she claims it was an sexual abuse situation.

4 Likes

I had my daughter at 13 and never had any problems with CPS.

4 Likes

They did for me and I was 15 and they came and checked out the house made sure I was in school and checked up on the baby after o had him

I got pregnant at 16 dcf never got involved

1 Like

They’re likely trying to determine if she got pregnant doing her own thing or if it was done to her. Also they will want some kind of plan for after the baby comes. Is she planning to continue school? What about work? Who’s gonna watch the baby. Things like that.

1 Like

I’m so shocked…everyone in here talking abt their daughters getting pregnant at 13 14 15 or 16 and I’m like wtf…im fighting child marriages and pregnancies and here ppl are so damn supportive of their daughters pregnancy…like are you for real

12 Likes

They should get involved because she is just a child. Someone should make sure it’s not abuse or rape even if statutory. That being said I don’t know if they would. I sure hope they do though.

5 Likes

No. I was pregnant at 14. On my mother’s insurance. Only time DHS/CPS will get involved if she was raped, domestic violence, or baby shows signs of drug use.

Good luck. Congrats grandma.

3 Likes

That usually Happens when the father is much older …

2 Likes

What state is this? DHS is so evil. Has nothing to do with your parenting that your daughter got pregnant. Hormones are hormones and I was a great kid but I got pregnant at 16.

3 Likes

They will just come ask questions and see that there is food provided and a good place to live.

1 Like

No. I had my daughter at 15 and no one like that got involved. I’m sure it depends on the state or something.

1 Like

I had my daughter at 15 and I was already a foster child. They just made sure I had a good support system in place with my foster parents then left us alone. My advice is to be honest with them and take any service and help they can offer.
Pregnancy is hard but it’s harder when the world is judging you based on your young age.
To the grandma in the making- things will be fine. My daughter is now 21 and just made me a grandma. Best gift ever!
Sending love to your family :blue_heart:

3 Likes

I think it depends on what state you’re in. I’ve had many teenage pregnant friends and never heard of this.

1 Like

That doesn’t make any sense but I can see where people would be covering their asses, you know how many times young ones come in pregnant by incest rape? I’m just assuming of course

1 Like

I mean it is neglectful on your part to allow her to get pregnant. Especially since you are responsible for her medical care. And should have provided her with the correct information on how to prevent pregnancy.
They will want to make sure she has a safe home and is not being forced into anything.
She should meet with someone about abortion or adoption.

20 Likes

They should get involved ur asking about why cps is getting involved you should be looking in the mirror asking what u could have done differently. First child at 29. I couldnt imagine

17 Likes

I was pregnant at 15, gave birth at 16, and never once had to speak to dfs

3 Likes

Bro people trying to get the parent to look at what they did wrong and im just sitting over here with my baby that I had at 16 thinking about how my parents wouldn’t have been able to do anything to stop me lmao

11 Likes

My blood is boiling right now. All you judgemental moms!

If they get involved it will only to insure her safety, and possibly connect you guys with some resources.

I’m here for you mama. My sister had her first at 15. I had my first a little shy of 18.
It will be okay.
Sending you all positive thoughts :heart::heart:

14 Likes

Just look at all the people hating CPS. They aren’t bad and they don’t do things to purposefully hurt you or the kids. They don’t go around taking kids away. They’re are different tiers and multiple chances for parents. These are hurt people who have been hurt by CPS.

4 Likes

Depends on where you live really. Here in mi if she’s the one that got ahold of the doctor herself for pregnancy care, they are more likely to not get cps involved.

Can’t even explain how disgusted I am with so many of you :nauseated_face::put_litter_in_its_place:

5 Likes

Many of you commented on being 16 and having first child. That’s fine, however, in most states the age of consent is 16. She’s 15, unable to “legally” give consent, so CPS. For all you sanctimonious people out there who are trying to blame the parents, shame on you. People (this includes kids/teenagers) are going to do whatever they are going to do, and short of chaining them to something (just kidding about the chaining), you can’t stop them.

11 Likes

Chances are they will talk to her to be sure is not an domestic issue. After that, they will just make sure she knows about resources.

2 Likes

I was 16 when i got pregnant. (Knock on wood) none of that has been in my life, as long as shes a good parent and prepared to do anything for her child she’ll be fine. Dont piss anyone off though, some people are ruthless… pay them bitches no mind!

1 Like

I was 16 when I got pregnant the first time and no one ever told me cps had to be involved…

1 Like

You are to be commended for being so supportive of your daughter! Being 15 and pregnant must be frightening for her thankfully she has a great family to love and support her. Good luck to you all!

4 Likes

I was pregnant at 15/ had baby at 16. no one was ever involved

1 Like

Some of you are very closed minded. You don’t know if she was raped or not. Even if she wasn’t how can the mom control the daughter every movement. What if she ditched school for one day or left during lunch?? Parents can give their 100 best but they can’t be with their kids 24/7. No mom in this group is
perfect and has NO right to judge another!

23 Likes

Never heard of tht in my life hunny something must be wrong and congrats on the new bundle of joy o no it hard but she needs I now more then ever

1 Like

What. I’ve had a lot of friends get pregnant at 15. It’s common here. Maybe if it’s not as common there, they contact them? Or maybe they are just trying to scare yall into giving the baby up or something(could have gone to a highly religious clinic. I went to one when I was younger. Before they even read me my test, they tried to talk me into an abortion if I was. I wasnt)

3 Likes

I had my first child when I was 15 and was in DOHS care myself … after I had him I went to tresilim where nurses watched me care for him for a week and I then was put into my own care and in emergency housing.
So you have nothing to worry about! And for those judgemental woman don’t listen to them as my son is almost 10 now and is a perfect kid.

2 Likes

Theyll just make sure shes okay not on drugs & gets everything she needs im 17 had my baby a month before i turned 16. You should be okay. They just wanna make the baby will be okay

When my daughter was 15 we had her put on birth control immediately. even though she wasn’t sexually active. this is a sad situation one that could have been avoided 100%. Is the father 15 as well?

2 Likes

If there’s nothing to hide I wouldn’t stress it.

1 Like

Are you sure it not because she is 15 about to be a mum.so kid having a kid they probably need to know baby and your girl well have a home and support ect

3 Likes

U don’t have to let them in your business in the state of kansas

2 Likes

So many people saying what they would of done no point saying anything now its happened all you can do is support them doesnt mean they have failed as a parent how many teenagers lie :flushed: infact my best friend got pregnant at the age of 15 and let me tell you shes the best mum I know infact I go to her for parent advice

5 Likes

Didn’t do anything when my SIL got pregnant at 15, so I doubt anything will happen they just basically treat you as high risk pregnancy.

1 Like

What state are you in

Dude preach! Condoms, sex Ed, abstinence!!! Yesssss why the fuck are ppl so worried about if children are protected??? Because clearly that’s a hard no. If my child is out fucking around with whoever and gets pregnant I failed as a mother( yeah I’m a mom too) the fucking end. Yeah I work, yeah my child had supervision when I’m not parenting her directly. If she makes a young mistake I’m there to guide her but my first damn job isnt paying rent, it’s teaching my daughter about being a women and a lady not out doing dumb shit getting knocked up. Because being pregnant means being a mother and I am sorry but I have never in my whole life known a 16 yr old child ready to be a parent.

9 Likes

I had my son at 16 there was no cps involved. I’ve never heard of such a thing unless the girl tested positive for drugs…

1 Like

I’m assuming the age of consent is 16 or over in your state? If so, the fact she’s pregnant means someone has had sexual intercourse with a minor. If I had to guess, I’d say that’s why they have to notify them.

5 Likes

Lol bitches act like teen pregnancy is a new thing :joy: fuck some your mommy’s probably got knocked up with you at a young age :joy:🤦 🤷

9 Likes