My 3 year old has COVID: What can I do to make her feel a little better?

Pineapple juice has the natural ingredients to soothe a cough.

1 Like

I’ve heard people increase their Vitamins…They have flinstone vitamin gummies with immune support and little critters probiotic gummies too may help

1 Like

COVID has to do with the lungs so I’m not goin to say it will Work but u can try. My children have very bad asthma and allergies and I’ve always done n old remedy which is to sit in ur bathroom with ur shower running with only hot water. This will steam the bathroom which makes u think it’s like it would be hard to breath but it really opens up ur lungs n sinus. Make the kid comfortable with toys coloring books a book to get read to anything n just start with like 5 mins n see how they feel after. I’ll feel more open as well.

HUGE FAN OF PEDIALYTE. Replenishes the body and strengthens the immune system and hydrates you great and the punch flavor cold is the BEST. Always have 4 bottles on hand for hubby and I, age 61 and 64. Feel punky, drink PEDIALYTE!!!

1 Like

I know when me and my brother and sisters got sick my mom would rub vicks on our chest, vaporizer, head of bed raised up week tea, jello out choice. She would give us robotusin cough med.,she also put a cloth on our chest when she put on vicks and a little under our noses. I know pedelight works we used it for my grandson when he was little and sick. Hot water run in the bathroom with door closed and sit with her in the bathroom. Mom also gave us orange shurbert, I also used cloroseptic throats spray it helped me when I got sore throat when I was growing up. I not a doctor but I hope this help. Also if your doctor doesn’t help take her to the Emergency Room and seek another doctor.

use a tablespoon of ground ginger, pour hot water over, you can strain it with coffee filter afterwards, add sugar or honey. this will help her cough and soothe her throat . This will also help break a fever if anyone has one

When my kiddos are sick they get a glass of apple juice twice a day with 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar in it plus they get vicks on their tootsies after a warm bath and sockies…along with vicks on their chest

Electrolytes. If she doesn’t have allergies you can do equal parts ginger jam, lemon, and honey. Give a tsp. As needed. Marshmallows are nice to to snack on as they coat the throat. Room temperature baths if really warm.

I don’t know about covid with kids but, Keep her with you but if she has fever don’t snuggle just makes her hotter, sitz baths and cool sheets, lay her on a pillow so she could breathe easier, pedialyte pops but make sure with her Dr. on all of the above first! So sorry! Sleep when she sleeps!:+1:

Chloraseptic makes a lollipop for the sore throat part. Ask her dr. For a prescription cough syrup. Children are chronically under-medicated for pain/ discomfort.

Contact your pediatrician and see if he/she will give you some codeine cough syrup so she can get some rest. You can give her the vitamins when she’s well.

Rub vicks on soles of her feet and put socks on her. It will help with the cough

1 Like

When my son was younger and had asthma he had a nasty cough…i gave him a teaspoon of honey…worked way better than over the counter cough medication…i hope he feels better.

Budesonide given with nebulizer…comes in a vital like albuterol. Ask your Dr.

2 Likes

Gave my 18 month old natural cough syrup with elderberry when she had it and it really helped her

Put a vaporizer in his bedroom vapors help the dry or any kinds of cough. My pediatrician also said for my daughter that is now 5 drink plenty of fluids honey decaf tea is also good. Orange juice is good for the cough where the throat will not be so sore. When you take your hot shower have him in the bathroom or shower with you let him breath the vapors from that also. My pediatrician also recommended campbell’s chicken noodle soup is a good source also for colds and coughs. Pedialyte or Gatorade for nausea for the amount of coughing he may be doing. Motrin will help from inflammation and pain have him relax. Even if it is cuddles with you cause it’s always better with Mommy’s love

Alternate tylenol and ibuprofen. Warm liquids; stay away from dairy as it causes mucus. Try ginger and turmeric tea if she will drink it, will help with inflammation and possible micro clotting issues. Can she tell you exactly what is hurting?

Until you get the nebulizer hot water and vicks vaporub works also pepper or eucalyptus

The cough drop suckers work wonders if you have trouble getting your little one to take medicine. Steam from a warm bath will break everything up and make it easy to get it, but it will sound trudging just an fyi.

Please do not let her sleep on her back. Please put her on her belly. If people sleep on their back with Covid they are more likely to get pneumonia.

Mucinex for the cough and to losses anything in her chest to avoid pneumonia

Vicksburg on her feet then put socks on usually stops the cough

1 Like

They say Vitamin D3 is good also.

My 3 yr old had it. Breezed it in 48 hours.

1 Like

Use A HUMIDIFIER…the dry air of winter is hard on the lungs and with Covid it’s crucial to keep those lungs moist…cool will work, but a warm mist can help even more because you can use Vick’s or eucalyptus essential oil with it.

Vicks vapo rub for children and a vaporizer with vicks liquid in her room should help her cough up the stuff in her throat and relieve the coughing some.

They say to lay on stomach or at least side. Back doesn’t let lungs breath fully.

If she’s coughing up anything I’d have her lay at like a 45 degree angle so that it’s not at the top of her lungs making her cough

Even tho I’m an adult, the dimetapp cough and cold helped me a lot. Vaporizer and breathing treatments.

1 Like

Vitamin c,d,zinc and tonic water. Luke warm epsom salt bath. NO Tylenol.

Get a nebulizer and albuterol do that every 4 hours

Put Vicks vapor rub on her feet and cover with socks when sleeping.

Could also check with dr and see if maybe a nebulizer may be some help as it opens the lungs as well

I have no advice but sending healing vibes her way. It always sucks when you’re littles are not feeling well and there’s nothing we can do about it. Hugs :hugs:

do not give her anything but Tylenol. Advil makes covid worse.

Put vicks vapor rub on her feet with a pair socks and give her raw honey

Aww, poor bubs.

My friends dad sat up with a heating pad on his back to help with coughs.

He also said Popsicles helped him

1 Like

Check your local pharmacy’s for Vicks plug in’s. I prefer that over having the ‘rub’ on skin of clothes. It will work for the whole room. :blush:
Hope your little one is better soon!!

When I had Covid I ate lots of fruit especially pineapple.

Lavender scented baby lotion, Vicks vapor rub and a hot towel on her back, do not let her lie down to sleep, if they will prescribe a nebulizer use it relentlessly…pedialyte to drink as well as the frozen pops.

Let her lay on her right side. Honey and lemon to drink. Run a vaporizer

Pedialyte, over the counter cough meds, humidifier, and hot chocolate or a ginger honey tea

Be sure she doesn’t lsleep on her back have her sleep on her side or her stomach.

Get a humidifier going on give her children tylenol hopefully she can or wants to eat ole wise tail you feed a cold starve a fever that means you eat to brake down fever

Hot fluids, vitamin D, sunlight, pneumonia forced breathing protocol, vitamin c, zinc.

Body armor drinks are good. Lots of potassium, zinc, vitamins a,b,c . The are based from coconut water . The watermelon strawberry flavor is really good

Have you tried talking to a pediatrician? That would be a better place to start than Facebook.

1 Like

Give her some pop sickles it will help with fever plus keep her from dehydrating

Put some scarf that fit on neck May to tighten, put Vick’s on the neck and chest

Boil water on the stove keep humidity in the air, put vicks salve on her back chest and throat, put a humidifier in her room where she sleeps, if it gets worse take her to the er

try steam. either a vaporizer, or the shower

There are zicam cough drops that have zinc in them which is good for the throat

What does the pediatrician say to do?

drink electrolyte water. or children’s version of hydrating fluids.

At 4 month they need formula

Halls breezers. They are alot milder than regular halls

Do you have a nebulizer ?

Prayers, call up her medical insurance nurse line or take her to dr’s, humidifier, maybe elevate mattress (head) in bed.

2 Likes

Jello or Pinapple juice is said to help alot with severe coughing …God bless her may she get better real soon

1 Like

Prayers and alot of fluids. Also make her move around a little so she can get the stuff out of her lungs .

3 Likes

Sleeping on her stomach releases the pressure off her lungs

1 Like

Honey for cough i had it in dec still have cough

1 Like

What does your Doctor suggest ?? Needs medical attention !

2 Likes

I have Covid! Rest, over the counter pain relievers Fluids & Rest!!!

Pineapple juice for the coughs. Ibuprophen for aches. Better than Tylenol in my opinion.

Read watch movies be happy stay calm and of course meds water

1 Like

Pineapple juice is great for coughing

Pineapple juice is good for cough

Fresh pineapple is great for a cough

Vitamin C, D and calcium and zinc. Tylenol for aches

1 Like

Eucalyptus oil on real hot water. Let her breath the vapors.

Get with your doctor!! That cough needs to be addressed.

1 Like

Baths, outside. All the Popsicles she eat and all the snuggles she can take

1 Like

Have her lay on her tummy if she can…lungs in back

Also a humidifier in her room

Pepper tea with lemon and honey

Elderberry gummies with zinc also helps

Popsicles with electrolytes and gator aid

1 Like

Definitely have her lay on her stomach

Keep her moving and lay on stomach hydrate and warm drinks

Boil lemon, ginger and garlic to drink.

Lots of cuddles, popsicles, jello, pedialyte no milk products

Don’t let her lay flat. It’s the worse thing for he lungs.

Make sure she does not have pneumonia

Have her lay on her stomach. It helps her breath. But ultimately talk to her doctor.

Warm baths. Two or three a day.

Talk to her doctor the cough could be serious.

Contact your pediatrician. There is so much misinformation in this thread, it’s scary.

1 Like

Pedialyte or smart water, Gatorade all have electrolytes.

Heard Gatorade is good to build up electrolytes

Pineapple juice helps with the mucus

Maybe doctor or nurse can give you real advice.

Hold her and rub her back.

Have her sleep on her stomache it should help with breathing

Do not give anyone with covid-19, Tylenol. Research.

Get her to a Doctor! Praying :pray:

Vick’s on chest front and back a humidifier it helps

pineapple juice for the cough

Go to the doctor ASAP or the hospital

1 Like

Vitamin C, D and calcium, make her garlic, ginger, honey, sage tea