My 6-year-old daughter is scared of her room: Advice?

try a weighted blanket ,you can buy …stars on the ceiling that glow .or give her a flashlight…work for my grandkids

2 Likes

get her a puppy and the puppy has to sleep in her room on its own bed.

I used to have nightmares as a child and never liked my room it was just creepy at night i have no advice is there another rm for her to have as bedroom

Find out what is scaring her and work from there. My daughter was scared of the noise the blinds made when the air or heat would kick on and they would blow them against the window sill so we took two way tape and taped the bottom of the blinds down and laid down with her until she would fall asleep, she is 19 now and if she has to share a bed with anyone she gets so aggravated, like the other night we were in her room watching a movie and I apparently started to fall asleep and she said mama you know the rule go get in your bed

Lay with her till she falls asleep, read to her or put music on.

My twins have me lay down with them too. But it does help they share a room.

Get a spray bottle put water and some glitter and some kids d of scent into it and tell her it is a spray bottle to keep all scary things away

We made monster spray and it helped my son… Just Google it.

Adults find comfort in co sleeping. Do you feel the need to sleep alone to feel independent? That might not be how your 6 year old sees life, she will be old enough to quiet her own fears before you know it. Make room in that bed momma

If she feels safe and sleeps better with you let her one day she won’t need to sleep with you. They grow up too fast and you can’t get that time back.
Have u tried letting her fall asleep with you and then moving her or making her a bed in your room so she feels safe and she isn’t in your bed.
If that makes her feel safe and secure and she sleeps better you would get more sleep because she is sleeping and not waking you up and your not worried about why she is scared and fighting with her to stay in her room.
Enjoy the time with her while you have it.

4 Likes

Get the starry. Florescent lights the ones that glow on the ceiling

Well you can whoop her butt for not going to bed in the first place show who is in charge lol

2 Likes

My oldest would do the same thing when he was little. My mom came up with this idea to make " Monster Away". She would put lavender, vanilla, a little bit of glitter and water in a spray bottle and every nite we would spray his room. And if he got scared at nite he would spray it at what ever part of the room he was scared at. A side from his room having glittedusted over it it seemed to work. And the lavender helps with relaxation.

Try asking her what scares her then work from there. Al’s try using alittle lavender spray in her room and it my calm her. I told my grand son it was to keep scary thing away at night worked wonders

Lat with her until she fall asleep but most importantly have your pastor come pray and anoint her room and the whole house if you haven’t already. Put a cross in her room and play church music. Spirits are real! :pray:t5::pray:t5:

Maybe she sees something you don’t.

2 Likes

Ask her what she needs to feel safe and comfortable in her room. Has something happened in her room that scared her? Maybe try sleeping in the room with her until she falls asleep.

You can be a parent and make her go back to bed. She will continue to do that as long as you allow her too. Kids make up excuses to get what they want

Maybe she’s paranoid. Could be a mental health/psychiatric problem.

do you have a small radio ? Bible in her room nite light.