My 7 year old constantly does things she isn't supposed to: advice?

My 7 year daughter is always doing something she shouldn’t be does not listen no matter how many times she’s told and I think has some sort of behaviour problem that I’ve never got help with …problem is her radiator is under her bedroom window and she keeps climbing on the the radiator and sitting on window seal her window can only open a certain amount but I still don’t like the idea of it all and its always becoming dirty+ shes talking to neighbours kids when sitting on window seal what can I put on top of radiator and window seal to stop her climbing and sitting on it …thankyou

53 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. My 7 year old constantly does things she isn't supposed to: advice?

I put a stair gate across to stop my kids climbing on window ledge

4 Likes

Tell her to go outside and talk to her friends

10 Likes

So, you don’t say what you’re doing about it, besides nothing. What’s so bad about what she’s doing? Other than the fact you need to clean your window SILL, not seal.

16 Likes

Don’t be among the multitude that gave up so easily because of rumor and bad experience. know ur worth and strive for the best. invest with Mr. Joshua Bunker and get your profit without hindrance or unnecessary fees, i just wanna let you know there is still competent mining expert. Bitcoin has been making people Rich and God bless Sir. Joshua for this amazing opportunity​:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

I wonder why people turns their eyes off Bitcoins and crypto currency trading knowing fully well they’re the faith and future of the world. Bitcoin and crypto currency trading are one of the most profitable online business I have ever gotten myself into, I am happy i made the right decision to invest with, Mr. Joshua Bunker who help me Boost my financial status… My appreciation and gratitude to Sir. Bunker for making me who I’m today, I can say I’m leaving my dream life… I’m happy I invested under the right platform… May God continue to bless you Joshua.0 I’m so grateful​:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

Why not make it into a bench for her TO sit on?? That sounds like it’s her comfort spot to talk to friends. I’m not seeing the big deal I guess.

11 Likes

There is no better way to beat inflation than by investing in bitcoin. God bless Sir Joshua Bunker and his Citadel trading team :point_down::point_down::point_down:
Redirecting...

What’s the problem with her climbing on the radiator? Can she get hurt? Can it get messed up? Why is talking to her friends a bad thing? If you have a legit reason for her not to do something explain it to her. If not then you’re just an adult in her life that bosses around for no reason. Kids block that out because they want/need to be independent. If the only problem here is a dirty window sill then teach her to clean it. Give her a blanket or cushion to sit on. Teach her how to do things better.

8 Likes

Could she invite her friends into her room through the front door? I’d ask the parents first. Sounds like a social butterfly that just wants to hang out with her friends. I’d express that it’s dangerous for her to be doing that and offer a solution. Kids don’t want to be bad …she’s 7. For every problem there is a solution.

11 Likes

She’s no got behaviour problems shes 7 and sits on a window sill.

13 Likes

She’s 7!!! My goodness a 7 year old wanting to talk to her friends or not listening to everything you say is pretty normal. Before labeling her with a problem, maybe you should get some help for yours?

10 Likes

Switch her to another bedroom, possibly?

1 Like

Sounds pretty age appropriate to me

4 Likes

Leave her to it if she falls out it that’s her problem not yours she’s had several warnings time to see the consequences of her actions

1 Like

Tbh…this, as written, sounds very micromanaging and controlling and very much like “I don’t really have a reason, just I said no so she just should listen”

11 Likes

She’s testing the limits to see what she can get away with. Be consistent on your rules.

1 Like

My kids love sitting in the windowsill, but maybe you could tell her to go play with her friends outside, let her know that the radiator can be hot and could hurt her, let the doctor know of your concerns about her behaviour and see if you can get her in to see a behavioural therapist if she needs it

1 Like

After leaving my previous job 6 months ago, i’ve had some good luck to learn about this website which was a life-saver for me… They offer job for which people can work online from their house. My latest paycheck after working for them for 4 months was for $14867… Amazing thing about is that the only thing required is simple typing skills and access to internet…

Read all about it here… https://dollarsearningjob419.pages.dev/

“Always doin something she shouldn’t”
Sounds like you’re a joy

10 Likes

Why don’t you build her a window seat if the space can accommodate for it? It can double as a radiator cover. Just make sure it has slats in the top to let the heat rise.

7 Likes

I don’t want my kids sitting on the window sill either it’s an accident waiting to happen.

I bollock them every time they do & make them get down and tell them how dangerous it is. There’s literally not much else apart from keeping an extra eye when they’re upstairs or locking the windows.
Could your daughter just be wanting to be more social maybe? I don’t know what your neighbours are like but my kids are always wanting to see what everyone else is doing and be involved in some way, luckily for us they’re the same age as our neighbour and have fun playing with them xx

2 Likes

Start with getting her professional help. If she has behavior problems she needs therapy and probably psychiatry. However maybe build something over it that she can climb on or rearrange her room. To be honest sounds like she’s a normal kid though.

1 Like

I always explain worse case scenario to my kids. I had to explain if my 5 yr old falls out with the air conditioner she don’t come back. Life is not a video game. Sometimes kids don’t understand the consequences of those actions going wrong because so many of their movies have happy endings they don’t see people dealing with real life reprucussions

3 Likes

It’s the age. My daughter just turned 9, but for the last year or so, we’ve had issues with her cutting her own hair, cutting holes in her clothes, cutting Barbies hair. Her room is right off of our deck and she will open the windows and climb in and out of them (never at night or like sneaking out - when she wants to go play outside, she will climb out the window instead of using the door :roll_eyes:). My son went through the same stuff around the same age. If you’re that concerned about it, I would move a book shelf or a tall piece of furniture in front of the window.

3 Likes

What you describe doesn’t sound like she has behavior issues, sounds more like she’s trying to make friends with the neighbor kids, and trying to get attention that’s what kids do!!

18 Likes

Nail window shut if you want
But try building a window seat for her

3 Likes

You sound extremely controlling and I think you should reflect on that instead of being upset with your daughter for not doing anything wrong.

12 Likes

Why? Make her safe place to sit there and show her how to clean window and remember don’t eat ride pods

3 Likes

So wait she can’t talk to the neighbor kids? Or did I interpret that wrong.

6 Likes

She could break bones and that would hurt.

Nail window shut if it’s a safety issue, other than that, lighten up. You probably make her organize her own clothes by color and style as well as her toys. Poor girl! She’s going to be rebellious as hell if you don’t give her a chance to be a kid. Let her go play with the other kids!

7 Likes

In parenthood you will learn not to sweat the small stuff. You probably need to learn that now. Ask yourself some questions. Is it hurting herself, is it hurting others, is it destroying property. If the answer is no. Then what is the big deal. If you make everything an issue, she won’t know when to really listen to you. It will get to the point we’re she won’t even hear you. Best of luck.

10 Likes

My 7yo is a climber and climbs EVERYTHING. I would find ways to redirect the climbing and meet this need.
I tell my son I am concerned he can fall out the window and that helps. I tell him we can go outside and talk to our friends.
I don’t think you can safely put things over a radiator.

This is pretty typical 7yo behavior. They test test, and just need to redirect and meet the need she is craving.

2 Likes

Does she have troubles in school? It doesn’t seem like it’s a medical behavior issue especially if she’s able to focus & be obedient in school.

5 Likes

She wants to sit on her windowsill and that’s the only way she can get up there is by climbing on the radiator… so why don’t you improvise and make her something to where she can stare out the window. It sounds like she wants to be social. If your 7 year old only has those problems, you should feel blessed. Always doing something she shouldn’t, :rofl: Lord have mercy, she’s 7, she’s learning, she doesn’t entirely know right from wrong. You can’t expect someone to follow all the rules, especially when they’re a child. Do you follow every rule there is? Probably not.

13 Likes

What…she’s not not allowed to talk to the neighbors kids? Let her go outside maybe she wouldn’t be sitting in her window, she sounds lonely…
Just make a safer way for her to look out the window, but if that’s your biggest problem you’re luckier than you realize

11 Likes

Switch her to another room…

Sounds like your daughter just has a helicopter for a mother. If it isn’t hurting anything why care? Why is this the battle you’re choosing to die in?

11 Likes

Maybe she just wants a friend,I feel for her as she sounds lonely.

6 Likes

So I feel this is worded kinda bad. The dirtyness- she’s a child, she’s 7 show her how to clean some stuff if it’s bothering you that much. However, her just sitting on it is not an issue UNLESS the radiator is hot. In that case definitely don’t let her sit on it if yall are using it because some radiators produce enough heat that it could cause harm but if it’s summer wherever you are and it’s not on at all I wouldn’t be so uptight about it. Or get her something to sit on idk why this just sounds like someone who’s uptight to me though. Also why does she have to talk to them out the window ??? Why aren’t u letting her outside to talk to them or interact with other people, this whole post giving me bad vibes.

8 Likes

Good grief woman pull your head out of the sand (or radiator) that little girl is obviously starving to connect with children get own age.

13 Likes

I’m so confused why that’s a problem unless it’s like really high so it’s a safety issue… If that was the case they make things you can buy to lock your windows shut (I saw some mention nailing it shut and please never nail a window shut, in case of emergency or fire you need to be able to still open it)

5 Likes

Female children will ALWAYS challenge their mothers especially.

1 Like

When I was 6 I was going around the neighborhood with my sister pretending to be the red cross and asking for donations after being shown how to sell cookies in sparks. It honestly could be worse. Than again I did listen to my parents. She had us sit on the stairs in silence and we wernt aloud to move until we thought about what we did and apologized :rofl: Maybe try that.

1 Like

You are being way to controlling to your kid. She doesn’t have a behavior problem, you have a behavior problem. You are making a mountain out of a mole hill and throwing out dangerous statements to a label a child because you are being controlling.

12 Likes

You better handle it now before you have an unruly teenager.

3 Likes

Normal kid thing to do and she sounds lonely.

9 Likes

Ummm seriously?? This is your problem? Kids love sitting in windows and talking to people. I did it growing up often and my window was on the 3rd floor. Choose your battles mom this one is harmless.

10 Likes

First…let your child have a social life….not in her room. Poor thing.
And it’s stll, not seal.

5 Likes

If she doesn’t behave and you are concerned, see her Dr. and maybe he can refer you to someone! It isn’t
Normal to not do what your told and as they get older it gets out of control. The parents now a days let them say and do whatever they want because they are to lazy and easier to let them run free! That’s why this country is so screwed up and kids are out of control and killing and hurting people!

5 Likes

She’s talking to kids… unless these kids are potentially dangerous or a lot older I’d say let her be. She isn’t running away or anything. And if that’s what you consider behavior issues then you are the one who needs help.

10 Likes

Does your daughter ever get to play with those kids? Maybe she’s lonely. I’m concerned about her burning herself this fall and winter, forgetting that the radiator will be hot that first time. I know you don’t want her to sit on the window SILL. Falling out the window would not be a good thing to happen whether it’s ground floor or not. I would think the best thing to do would be that when her friends contact her through the window, she should come to you and ask if she can go out and play. If she gets up and sits on the window sill, she has to stand in the corner. Then she has to clean the window sill. That should solve the problem.

2 Likes

Sounds like she’s bored af.
What she interested in? DJIng…go cart building./riding?
I double dog dare u to go line-dancing?
Put green food dye in the milk. I understand I learned the hard way. Lighten up some!
Nerf gun fight!

3 Likes

Use a belt, it works.

11 Likes

After leaving my previous job 6 months ago, i’ve had some good luck to learn about this website which was a life-saver for me… They offer job for which people can work online from their house. My latest paycheck after working for them for 4 months was for $14567… Amazing thing about is that the only thing required is simple typing skills and access to internet…

Read all about it here… https://dollarsearningjob520.pages.dev/

Tell us this is your first child without telling us this is your first child :joy:
You just described every 7 year old that has ever existed
As for the window thing put a lock or alarm on it AND some sort of cage or fire screen around the radiator to prevent your child from being burned…

12 Likes

I saw recommendations about her and gave her a try. I’m proud to tell the world that Mrs Olgusya Gribova and
her trading platform are all so real and

Crypto Trading has changed my life. I always wondering why everyone trade with Mr. Joshua Bunker platform always giving out good testimonies but now I believe… Crypto trading is a profitable business only when you are trading with the right strategy platform. Your profit is always 100% secure I couldn’t believed my eyes when i saw my profit! I have no idea how to return the favour of the good work of Mr. Joshua Bunker . However, this is like a gift sent from God. Thank you so much Sir, I’m so grateful
:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

I don’t actually know how to explain this to people but I want to say thank you Mr. Joshua Bunker, I’m really excited for this great opportunity you gave me to trade on your platform bsvtrading-btcearnings.com. You are a good COACH and financial adviser I got.
Trading with you and your company gave me a much needed boost in life. Your way of working and guidance have shaped up my skills even more. The way you are always there to guide me through my investments has made me a stronger person than I was and now i just got a new ride. You have been really great with your guidance, so I want to thank you personally. May God bless you Sir
Send him a DM :envelope_with_arrow: :point_right::point_right::point_right:Redirecting...

Is there something you can put over the radiator or block the window to keep her from wanting to climb over the radiator. Maybe explain to her why you don’t want her climbing on it. Sometimes just sitting down with the child and explaining why it’s not good for them to do something helps the situation.

Now I believe what people say about you is true. are indeed a woman of your words, you have changed life including mine thanks for your kindness Mrs Olgusya

What is this problem here? I ain’t tryin to be a jerk here just tryin to understand.

Thank you Olgusya, you are legit your company is the best my dreams come true

Since i started investing in bitcoin, it has been were scammed in one way or the other and I why? Investing in bitcoin has been so profitable to me. So i think introducing you to Mrs Olgusya Gribova will be the best thing in my life

I don’t think you can consider this a behavioral problem if this is the worst example you have. However my concern is that if she can get that window open so easily anyone can get in really. I mean you didn’t say if you were on ground level or not but if so I’d be worried about child predators. Maybe just have a discussion with her about safety and making sure she locks her window at night and tell her she can invite her friends in the play instead of talking throught the window.

1 Like

If It really is quite a few instances get a psych eval! Our daughter was making herself throw up every day. Took for a psych eval and she has ODD. ADHD. AND incredible smarts. She thought if she threw up it would keep both parents home from work turns out xD

Can you put a baby gate in the window? I have them in every window in my house because of the radiators. My son is 3 and don’t have no sense of danger.

Good lord, she’s a 7 year old . Just keep reminding her . I don’t think it is that drastic, you have to run to a doctor :thinking:

Yeah, dude she’s 7. You legit just described our job as parents.

2 Likes

Opportunities will alway come your way but if you have already accepted defeat, you might not get to see what life has in store for you. You are the best I must recommend

1 Like

First… put a heavy screen on that window. Then put something in front of it ( but not enough to block the window) maybe a block/ lock that only let’s the window open so far? It’s definitely time for a talk !!!

Have you been scammed? Did you loss your hard earned money I’ve got solution for you🤝 contact Mrs olgusya will help you recover your lost funds

I just don’t know how to express my mutual feelings toward you and your company for this payment, I am so grateful and I will live to share your good works to all that comes my way. I barely believe I would get this huge Profit.