My best friend cut me off for no reason: Advice?

There has got to be more to this story.

2 Likes

Aww hope she not sleeping with your partner that’s odd as

5 Likes

So many reasons …

1. She’s outgrown you
  2. She found out about something (do you have any life changing secrets?)
  3. She’s done something that she shouldn’t have
14 Likes

You move on. This happens. You may feel like you deserve an explanation but it’s not going to change things. If you two are supposed to be friends it will work out . Sometimes things change and they end.

Do you have a hot dad? Someone just posted about hooking up with their friends dad and getting pregnant so… :woman_shrugging::rofl:

29 Likes

At lest she told you my best friend just stopped hanging out with me when she met her douche bag boyfriend

3 Likes

She must be fuckin ya man or ya dad sis :eyes::eyes::rofl::woman_shrugging::tipping_hand_woman:

If you have a boyfriend that would be my first suspicion, if not maybe an ex your close to? Unless you were fighting there would be no other reason to just drop you

4 Likes

oh honey that girl probally just stabbed you in the back some way and now cant face you. it hurts and it sucks but people like that are not worth your time anyway and your better off with out her. it will all come out soon.

10 Likes

She hasn’t been sleeping with your dad has she??

36 Likes

Is this the friend that’s pregnant to your dad ? :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth::face_with_peeking_eye:

16 Likes

Lol thank them for the lesson… they are no longer your best friend…

Move on people are fickle

1 Like

Maybe she picked up on something insincere from your spirit. My silly understanding.

She doesn’t know how to tell you she is the mother to your sibling and about to be your step momma! Good luck girl :joy::joy:

20 Likes

Sleeping with man or Dad.

4 Likes

Perhaps this might be why?

25 Likes

Yikes! Check ur dad girl.

7 Likes

I don’t think it’s the same girl , why would she cut off her best friend because she got involved with the father, and expecting a baby from the father , from what I saw she was worried about her friends reaction, and she is involved with the father, which she said is serious , it looked more like she wanted to find a solution so they can all be happy , just my thoughts .BTW I think the oh so fine dad also should be frowned upon in this case , if he likes younger girls which so many men does , he should have gone for someone else , not his daughters best friend …as they say the heart wants , what the heart wants .

1 Like

Real advice its hurtful but you may never get a reason. For closure it may help to write her a letter- mail it or don’t. Make up a reason and then your brain may process it better and not let it linger.

They have done research when you have a song stuck in your head etc that if you if you sing the rest of it your brain will move on.

I had a friend not for very long just block me and when i called on another number ( wasnt sure she blocked me at the time i had an issue with my sim card) we talked she said she was sorry etc… still wanted to be friends etc… well point of the story i told myself its her controlling husband based on what she wrote me and i was able to move on. Hurt but not focused on it.

1 Like

Is she sleeping w your dad?

21 Likes

There’s always a reason but you want to know and she hasn’t said what it is but I promise you there’s something maybe she’s not ready to tell you and maybe she doesn’t want to tell you either way sometimes if closures what you’re looking for it just doesn’t happen like that in some cases but I promise you if the situation is as you say there’s no way that she would just do this for nothing I have a feeling there’s more to the story

I had something similar happen to me about 8½ yrs ago when I was already at my lowest. The person I considered my closest friend moved to NC from MN for her husband’s job. I knew she was dreading the move and after they moved she struggled finding a job. She was extremely depressed. Weeks after they moved I lost my younger brother. I remember wishing she could fly back and just sit with me. I wanted my friend. I received a card from her and her family. Not that it’s a contest, but I went to her grandmother’s funeral. A woman I had only met a couple times, but she was important to my friend. I didn’t so much as receive a phone call. I kept telling myself she was going through a lot with their move.
Over the next year I kept calling and texting and she was always busy. Finally they were home over her 40th birthday and she invited me to join her and a number of her friends that I had never met. It was the weirdest evening.
A few months later I got an email explaining that she felt we had grown apart and she didn’t think we could be friends like we had been. I remember staring at my computer screen absolutely dumbfounded. I was still struggling from losing my brother and now I was losing the friend I loved like a sister.
Honestly it took me a long time to get over it but I can’t make anyone be my friend. Weird thing is, I still chat with her husband often. I met them both in college, even before they were dating. They’ve been back in MN for a few years and it’s weird to me that I’ve never seen her. My heart will probably always want my friend, but dwelling on it wasn’t helping me either.
She’s not a bad person, I simply don’t matter to her the way she mattered to me. 20 yrs of friendship, gone.

9 Likes
  1. People don’t owe you their presence or time.
  2. People don’t owe you explanation of evasion.
  3. I’d bet money that your friend has brought us issues with you previously, to which you either didn’t take seriously, or full out ignored because you didn’t place importance on her boundaries
  4. Stop thinking that you’re not the villain in other peoples stories.
  5. Advice: therapy.
13 Likes

Friends come and go. But a true friend always comes back

4 Likes

She’s sleeping with your husband or your dad or maybe both

10 Likes

Could she be depressed or anything like that?

1 Like

If this girls dad is happily married, he may not be for much longer, if his daughter confronts him about all of the dad comments on this post.

Maybe you are a little bit toxic…and she knows telling you would do no good…so she cut contact.

No one owes you anything. There is a reason and she doesnt wanna tell you. You may find the answer looking back over 10 years.

3 Likes

This happened to me at 17 with a girl I’d been friends with for 13 years with. At that point basically a lifelong friendship. I was going through some of the hardest times of my life at that point, my grandmother passed away, I’d been kicked out of my living situation twice, put in foster care, my brother had to have emergency surgery. It was a mess. And my best friend dropped me out of no where. It absolutely shattered me. And for months I couldn’t let go and tried and tried to talk to her, to reason, find out what went wrong, but in the end I still don’t know and things between us just ended worse. My advice is if you can just let it go. She has a reason whatever it may be and you just may never know and you’re just going to have to be okay with it. It’s going to suck and it’s going to hurt, but it’s not worth the pain of dragging it out and prolonging the experience.

You call her your best friend but you don’t respect her enough to respect her decision? Might be why she’s done

3 Likes

My friend that I had for over 40 you got mad at me bc I talked to her mom and now we’re not friends anymore and I’m sooooo lost. My other friends say she’s on drugs really bad now!!! I’m sorry and know how you feel

An enemy can become a friend, but a friend turned enemy can never be a friend again.

6 Likes

Obviously you were not best friends maybe you thought so but actions tell you everything all you can do is move on

She was never a friend then was she.good that you know now,then wait another ten years :face_with_diagonal_mouth:.

1 Like

breathe & just let her go,

I think we all have had this happen…sad. but life goes on

2 Likes

Sometimes people cut off others to better themselves, heal from trauma, or realize that the friendship has put too much stress on them. There are honestly a lot of reasons. Just Let it be and move on. But 10 years is a long time and I’m sure through those years a lot happened .

1 Like

She have a new boyfriend

Idk but that’s how I cut ppl out of my life when I no longer feel comfortable around them. I just never speak to them again and avoid them at all cost.

2 Likes

Possibilities:
-she found out something you were keeping from her
-she’s going through something and wants to be alone
-she’s messing with one of your ex’s
-maybe the friendship caused her stress / drama

10 Likes

l Get paid over $118 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $14685 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://DollarsBox620.pages.dev/

If my best friend said that, I’m pulling right up to her house to figure out what the problem is!:rofl::rofl: Nicki Townsend :100::rofl::heart:

3 Likes

Sounds like maybe you weren’t as close as you thought. Let it go.

2 Likes

Wow! That’s kinda harsh. But, as an adult…I am too busy with life to worry about those that choose to remove themselves. Let her make her choice and move on. You can’t force her to be your friend. Wish her well…no hard feelings. Continue to adult

Maybe she’s just a shitty friend. My EX best friend and I use to do everything together. She’d bring her kids and spend the night we have some drinks when they went to bed, etc etc well one day I caught her talking about me and confronted her and haven’t spoken to her since. She didn’t even try to reach out. Oh well… my life’s been much more peaceful lol

1 Like

This happened to me with my Besty? We are friends for almost 25 years. She’s slowly backed away from our relationship until it was like I didn’t exist! I thought it was her boyfriend for a long time. You get in a relationship you kinda leave your friends behind for your boyfriend. But it wasn’t that! I blame myself I didn’t know what the hell I did? to keep a long story short? She was on drugs! She didn’t choose her boyfriend over me. She chose the drugs she was doing with her boyfriend over our friendship. It still bothers me to this day. So everyone’s telling you to let it go and I would need to know! You have to confront her.

2 Likes

I had a friend like that and now she basically runs pur kids school and it can definitely be hard sometimes think back :woman_shrugging:but it is what it is, means it wasnt meant to be.

1 Like

Guess we all have a friend like this

1 Like

Maybe she is doing your husband or boy friend

5 Likes

Are you toxic to be around? Always three sides to the story. Whats been happening around you?

5 Likes

I had to do this with a former BFF. I felt she was a fair weather friend and it was opportunistic. She could come to my house anytime and stay as long as she needed with a key to come and go as she pleased. When I wanted to travel to her, there was always an excuse about why she couldn’t really host me (except one time). Also, she wasn’t supporting of my relationship (at the time); however, she’d stop over on her way to friends of family nuptials, engagements, etc. Woulrnt drop me off at the airport for a flight bc of her medications (?), acted like our birthday trip was solely about her since hers fell during the trip and mine was the day after our return. It was immature as she didn’t look out like BFFs do, but wanted that kind of support and loyalty from me. I had to learn to STOP expecting Me from her.

There’s no beef- we are friendly and acquaintances.

2 Likes

You need to think this out. People don’t cut people off for no reason

5 Likes

My sympathies. I had the same thing happen to me. I thought we were more like sisters for much much longer. I tried repeatedly to reconnect. Finally gave up. Time to move on. Apparently you did not mean as much to her as she did to you. Make new friends.

4 Likes

I just saw the dad post yesterday and this one today! Man that’s messed up if you found out about all that on Facebook instead of by her and the dad

3 Likes

I had to be that friend recently. My bff an I starting having differences. She expected me to be at her house 24/7 but never really came to mine due to her bf, which all past and now, said the same thing “y’all hang out to much”
I went into a depression, because I lacked help and support. Mind you I was out of work for 3 years because I didn’t have the help I do now. I mentioned meeting someone, and over time even moving, and it was just negative energy. I truly believe things would be different if she would just listen and understand instead of jumping to conclusions because I still have yet to reach out and inform her of belongings, why I did it, how I feel… but can’t find the energy to because I know in my heart its just gonna be arguing and negativity, which is why I just stopped in the first place. I have no hard feelings, even after moving away… even though I know she talked her bs about me to a kid my brother has as a roommate, under my moms roof. I once knew and loved her with everything I had, but it was time I focused on my needs instead of hers.

Happened to me as well. It was long coming though. She has a different life than I do and we just grew apart…it happens!! Who she is now isn’t who I really want in my life anymore… She was getting weird about things and kinda jealous and upset I was having a baby. So after my baby shower we haven’t spoke since and I’m alright with it!! Not sure if she understands what happened and it doesn’t matter, you move on with life!!

Move on, dear. The best way to overcome someone’s ignorance and hurtful attitude is by living well. Live your life with an eye to the future. Finish your degree, if you haven’t already or start by taking an online course. Take a cooking class. Sign up for a wine or beer tasting class. Sign up for a dinner with wine pairing event. Whatever your interests are - pursue the, and add to them. Do things where you are bound to meet new people.

Sign up for a couple of therapy sessions whether it be occupational or otherwise to find out what is the best use of your talents and to give yourself a bit of polish and a new focus. Do your conversations tend to focus on you? Perhaps you need encouragement to be a listener or help engaging others in conversation.

Go get your hair and make up done. Post a few pix of the new you online on your social media pages.

Don’t sit home and mope. Your friend has made up her mind. Don’t waste your time trying to change her. Go meet other people. Make new friends. It is time for you to get out and live your best life.

1 Like

Friends… just are not always true friends …lost a few, cut it off myself during high school. Got tired off the behind your back stabbing talk. Confronted them and was done . Had grown up friendship but she wasn’t and she didn’t like that I went to work . So she just cut off the friendship. I was a real friend she wasn’t .

Just stay real and be yourself ,it’s all you can do .

Maybe she is having a hard time, mental issues etc which is becoming more and more frequent lately…

I’m sorry. That’s prolly really heavy for your heart. It’s happened to me too. That being said… anyone, at any time, has the right to cut anyone off without explanation.

Sure, it would have been good of her to give you one but she chose not to and we have to respect that.

1 Like

I just did this to my best friend of 6 years. I was tired of watching her choose this loser boyfriend over her own children. Sometimes people just grow apart and that’s okay. It’s healthy to grow.

1 Like

The next closest friend you get will be way better, it sucks but it’s true you’ll move on to better people and things

Sometimes rejection is protection. I had a friend do that with me. No reason just I don’t want to be friends anymore.

She didn’t say anything?
I’m sorry, I know the feeling of losing a best friend. Just move on and maybe in the future you’ll find a new friend or try to fix an old relationship.

When I got married my bestfriend did the same thing…we did everything together!!! She just stopped talking to me…her loss I feel now😪

3 Likes

Sad. Vary sad. All you can do is move on.

The pain of this is deep. It’s a major loss in your life and I know this is very tough for you.
I’d back off and not try to reach out to give this person some time and MAYBE they’ll reach out down the road. Maybe not.
As hard as it is, I would respect them and give them the space they asked for.
My wish for you is that you find a way to cope and distract you. Try to find other things to do while you grieve and navigate through this.
Blessings :purple_heart:

Sorry to hear this maybe a new man in her life but remember that God put people in your life for a reason maybe for a season but he will also remove them to Pray about it but move on to bigger and better things.

1 Like

I seen another post similar to this somewhere and a lot of people said it could be a controlling/abusive partner making them cut you off.

2 Likes

Dust yourself off and walk away

I believe that God removes ppl from our lives because he heard conversations that we didn’t. I don’t know what your beliefs are but this is what brings me comfort. There’s a season and a reason. You are being protected.

4 Likes

Obviously she wasn’t really your friend your better off

Probably sleep with your man

1 Like

simple ask her and insist on an honest answer then move on and find new friends

What ever the reason they obviously didn’t love n respect you the same way you did them and in sorry this has happened to you. I’ve felt like a closet friend to a few ive cared about, been the one to instigate conversation and now im like it is what it is, acceptance is key and life gies on with or with out them

I told mine some truth about her self choices and potential future and told her she’s worth more. And she did this to me :sweat_smile: over 10 yrs. let her go :v:t3: you’ll be more peaceful even though you’re the one who didn’t want to say goodbye :joy: funny how it works

What a shame you didnt get in their first !
Its happened to me
Unfortunately you just have to move on