My best friend is wanting to get out of her marriage and is feeling stuck!

She's been raising her beautiful children and hasn't worked in 10 years and was hoping to get some advice from you all.. would centrelink help her get a job before being on any payments or does she need to be on payments and then they help her out? Thank you all for helping..
18 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. My best friend is wanting to get out of her marriage and is feeling stuck! - Mamas Uncut

They will help her out once she has got on payment and a job agency then helps you find jobs.

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. My best friend is wanting to get out of her marriage and is feeling stuck! - Mamas Uncut

They can refer her to a job network than the job network would help her. Just call Centrelink and ask them. If she leaves she can apply for single parenting payments.

It’s say online that you don’t have to be working to receive it as long as your doing approved activities from them in finding a job but it seems like it would be easier if she was already working to receive them.

Wait , the state pays you money to live when you get divorced?

Can I move there please ? Are you guys accepting applications for old white guys?

3 Likes

I had to be on payments, job seeker, to get any help from a job agency…

It depends on the age of the children.
If they are under school age she does not need to be actively looking for work to receive payments.
If they are at school she needs to be actively looking for work and yes they will help her. She just needs to make an appointment to speak with someone and explain her situation.
It can take a minimum of 6 weeks for applications for payment to be processed.
Depending on her situation she may receive some kind of emergency payment and housing help.
Good luck to her. It’s a hard road to start but there are lots of support networks out there.

Can she start looking for work while she’s still with her husband?

Job agency’s help people on payments, they gat paid to get people off of the payments, if that makes sense. I worked for one

I think you need to be on payments, she should apply for family tax benefit and parenting payment or job search, Once approved she can then be referred to an employment agency

I think you just get a full-time job and then child support through your divorce? I know nothing about an organization that just randomly gives people monthly payments

Prayers for her and i hope she finds away put and does what makes her happy

I think they will help, shoukdnt have to be on benefits, call and ask

What is centrelink??

5 Likes

Have her call her local human resources office, this will vary based on where you live

Might want to provide information on what country you live in because people in the USA are going to answer this with the incorrect information.

2 Likes

Look in the area where you live and see if there any resources to help her

If she is currently unemployed and has been for a period of time, there is JobTrainer funding available which can be done through TAFE and other eduction providers (including the ones accessed through Centerlink). Good luck x

Fix your marriage. Think of the kids.

I applied for scholarships got them and went to school. I’m a RN now

Centrelink doesn’t help you get jobs but they do give you a job provider to help, I believe you can go to said job providers and ask to join as a volunteer and they will help you get work but unless you have centrelink you won’t be a priority for said jobs