My body will not let me have anymore kids: Has anyone else been through this?

Foster parents are always needed and you may just find a child that needs you as much as you need them

I’ve had 5 pregnancies, 3 miscarriages and 2 living kids who almost didn’t make it. I still want more but I’m scared. I’m also thinking of taking surgical options because every month my period kills me and I’m just tired. I have PCOS

Maybe look for a seragot someone to have a baby for you

What about adopting?

I have a son his 8 soon me and my husband have been trying for 5 years miscarriage me son really want a baby all I tell him is Jesus knows the right time

I’m pretty sure every kid who doesnt have siblings at that age goes through the whole phase of asking for one. She will be alright. Unless you truly want to add another child to the family…then you can always seek out adoption.

2 Likes

Sorry for your losses. Ive loss 3 kids but 3 have survived also. At different different times they wanted 1 more sibling. Its hard because they ask about their siblings especially when I’m having a bad day. All you can do is follow your heart

It’s plenty of babies and kids who need to be adopted and loved and have a family

5 Likes

I’ve gone through IVF that cost a lot of money and have had as many miscarriages as you. Blessed with a beautiful girl who just turned 1. What your going though has been heavy on my heart cause my daughter loves babies and taking care of her dolls and I know there will be a day she asks why she isnt a sister and that day will crush me because I know that pain of wanting a child all to real. I know she wont understand right at that moment but once she is older she will.

Explain you had a brother or sister but they are now in heaven. We had to explain to my son how his grandfather passed away. We “wrote letters” and mainly drew pictures to him and have a special box at grandma’s house he can put a letter in whenever he wants. He still will write to him sometimes and he is now 6. I am sorry for your pain. Just explain in simple terms. Let me clarify my family is not religious at all, this is just something that helped my son process the loss. Also being a only child, every only child has wished for a sibling at some point in their life! Try not to be so hard on yourself. :two_hearts:

1 Like

You could always adopted it’s a personal choice but it is a option I’m so sorry to hear about your losses it’s not easy and I’m sure your heart still has holes in it but just maybe you can :heartbeat: plenty of babys out there that need a mom … we have 4 children but we always wanted more but unfortunately we haven’t conceived again so we thought about adoption sometime in the future xxoo

1 Like

I know adoption is expensive but it is an option

Oh no :cry: so very sorry for your losses. She is way to young to understand what you went thru and the pain it causes, she would do well with a kitten of her own like Elizabeth Ziccardi :point_up_2:t3: said. That and time for her to grow so she can better understand the situation. Hugs to you momma :x::o::x::o:

Adoption is an option.

3 Likes

There are plenty of children out there who would be blessed to become someone’s family. Biological children are not the end-all be-all for families :wink:

3 Likes

Consider fostering or adoption. There are thousands of kids who need loving families!

3 Likes

Got my tubes out and we plan on fostering and adopting. We already fostered, we stopped for a while, and we will again when our kids are a little older.
You don’t have to provide a sibling for her though. You have to really ask yourself if you want to have more. But if you choose to go that route…
The certification process is long, and invasive. They have to know everything about you, including how much $ you make and what all expenses you have.
But yes, you can foster/adopt infants.
The state usually covers most of the adoption expenses.

1 Like

I hate what this woman has had to go through. I really don’t want this to sound mean but please don’t let your 3 year old make huge life decisions for you. There are plenty of other ways to have a child but being an only child is not the end of the world either.

9 Likes

My daughter also grew up without siblings or cousins around. Once school begins they start making friends and become close to others their age. It does get easier. I’m sorry that your family has endured what you have but your daughter is a beautiful blessing

2 Likes

Always adoption as an option, alot of babies, kids needs forever homes.

2 Likes

I had my son, but all other IVF tries failed. He has asked, and asks every now and then, as he is still young and forgets the conversation. We talk about how I tries, but also talk about the benefits of being the only child. He is esp fond of not having to share his parents attention :slight_smile: kids always want what the dont or cant have - but that doesn’t mean their life is any less rich. Have heart and enjoy spoiling her

have you tried adoption?

Mama I’m so sorry. If you want more kids I would look into surrogacy or adoption. If you don’t want anymore kids I’d talk with your daughter about how all families are different (half siblings, step siblings, big, small, single children, adopted, etc) and how your family is a single child family, and that’s ok. If religious, you can say God’s plan for your family is just to be the three of you.

Yes my body quit, I bought a horse lol big mistake. Had to find things to keep me busy to get through it.

Sometimes we aren’t able to have what we want to make room for something we didn’t even know we needed. :kissing_heart: Maybe your daughter and even yourself are meant to love others who need it more. :purple_heart:

When I had my oldest I developed a heart condition after birth, went to multiple heart drs and made 100%sure my heart was good to have future babies. Met my husband in 2016, married summer of 2017, found out we were pregnant shortly after our wedding night. Gave him a little brother 2018 and had the same heart condition as I did with my oldest only this time it was life or death if I had anymore children. So I chose life and had my obgyn (also surgeon) take my tubes out. It sucks cuz I so want more babies at least to give my youngest a sibling heck maybe a girl so I am not the only girl in the house (our pets are all boys too ugh) lol. But I didn’t want to take the risk of dying and leaving them to grow up with out me. If anything now I may look into adopting a child if my husband was down for it.

I have 2 grown children n 2 grandsons…ive always wantd to adopt, so many kids out there that just want a family n to be loved

What about fostering or fostering to adopt?

Is adoption an option? I want to at some point

She will grow out of it. My son was an only child for 11 years. He started asking for a sister when he was about 5. We finally had another when he was 11 and he seemed excited. It was a boy, and he paid attention to his brother for about a year. Once friends come around, siblings get pushed to the side (sometimes, not speaking for everyone). Now my “baby” is 5 and there is no relationship. Older brother acts like younger doesnt exist, like an old toy. :weary:

Pets definitely aren’t the answer… don’t just get another one because you can’t have kids anymore… pets are forever homes and you’d have to keep that pet. It’s not just a band aid you slip on and everything is fixed. Also, try fostering or even adopting. It’s not the end of the world. You made the right choice because you have gone through hell and back for babies… don’t feel bad that you can’t have one. There’s more options and that is ok. When she gets older, hell she may not even want a sibling

adoption lots of kids out there or try fostering lots of kids in care that can use a loving home