My boyfriend and I have a baby together but he still talks to his ex: Any advice?

you did the right thing. He just choose the wronge path. Get a child support case opened against him. they’ll DNA test him and since he is the father they’ll make him pay you to help with the baby, if he has a job that is. I know it’s hard to leave someone you love, but by that also it shows that he doesn’t love you.

I was in a the same boat. With the father of my first daughter. I loved him but he cheated on me and verbally and emotionally abused me. He talked to other gurls, flirting with them, sometimes physically visited them to “mess around”. but I was blinded by that “love” i just put up with it. Until the month my daughter was born. I left with my baby, cried my eyes out, pulled myself together, and focused on my daughter. I was happy and cared about myself again. then I Met with others. wasn’t I liked them, but couldn’t come to live them. then I Met the father of my younger daugter, funny enough, an old friend from school too. yes we have our ups and downs, but we over come them together.

I believe you’ll do what’s best for your child. Follow your gut instincts and then follow your heart, and learn to live yourself before trying to love another.

You did the right thing no question about it.

Cut and run. Dont look back. And remember. People dont change in a matter of a month or two. If you go back you have to make him work for it and know for sure y’all are going to last. Otherwise you’ll be on and off and that’s going to do more damage to your child then just having mom and dad split up.

They hang on to their exes just in case. And the violence only gets worse. I’ll keep you in my prayers.

keep it movin girlfriend

1 Like

No way he should slap you. Stay away. Let him slap his ex around. You deserve better. Do you want your child to grow up thinking it’s ok for a man to hit a woman. You were absolutely right to get away from him. That’s not love. I think you will see that once you have been away from him for a while. If he truly loved you he would respect you and not talk to his ex any more and he certainly would not have slapped you. Hang in there. It is better to be alone than with someone who mistreats you. You deserve much better.

Sounds like it’s time to let him go… He doesn’t value you. You can’t just stay with him because you have a child with him. It’s time to do you.

1 Like

Sounds like you’re just asking for it at this point.:woman_facepalming:t3: He’s obviously not going to change for you

He showed you how important you are if he slapped you! I would give him his walking ticket before it gets worse!

:wave::wave:
If it was MY Relationship and I Ended the Relationship, I wouldn’t look back into. That physical violence will never be tolerated around my child. I would start the process of child visitation for Dad, with a court order for Anger management and Parenting Classes. And also no Ex around the child. A woman that is seeking a Man with a Gf and baby is Not going to have good intentions around his baby with another woman.

2 Likes

He slapped you, move on. You deserve better…

Move on gf. … You look back like me now 9 years later saying why the fuck did i stay :roll_eyes:

Damb girl he slapped you no he don’t love you an you should have left if they hit you once they will hit you again an that’s a fact me I would tell her husband I’m sure he does not know but he should know

4 Likes

The more he does these things you will naturally lose feelings for him. Don’t let a man get comfortable hitting you. You will lose your self respect. I was in an abusive marriage for 10 years. It doesn’t get better. :relieved:

3 Likes

If he slapped you never go back. You and your child deserve better.

2 Likes

He slapped you over his ex, he put hands on you over his ex. Over his fucking ex. And you’re questioning if YOU overreacted? The amount of disrespect you have allowed him to put on you. Leave his ass alone, since he cares about his ex more than you, he’s made that clear. Never allow a man, a person, to disrespect you like that.

A slap in the face will give your answer hun. You did right by it.

1 Like

Leave him now. He still sleeping with her and dealing with her period! Him hitting u once will never stop

If he slapped you stay away it will only get worse! He obviously doesn’t love you! I’m sorry to say it!

Fuck that all that means is he was fucking w her while he was u n he only talked to her because he still had feelings for her u should of left a long time ago but if u did u wouldnt have ur angel its good u cut it off n put ur foot down n left

If he hit u once it will happen again becareful n stay safe

1 Like

If he slapped me one time that would be the last. Don’t let him treat you bad because of an ex let him move in with ex you can’t let your baby live in that mess.Prayers for you.

1 Like

You did the right thing…move on.

1 Like

no woman ever deserves to be slapped by a man. if he will do that, what else would he do? i’d focus on that sweet baby & yourself. keep not only yourself safe but your baby safe as well. i’ll be praying for you.

Leaveeee… He still loves her, they probably are talking ‘future’ plans… Like a rebound. You deserve better… I got 3 kids… they don’t change unless they want too and he’ll learn to hide it… You’re young enjoy that precious baby and keep rocks… He’s trash… Sorry

No matter what you dod, you did not deserve to get smacked. I repeat YOU DID NOT DESERVE THAT AND DONT LET ANYO E SAY OTHERWISE. I was in a veryyyy avusive relationship and his mom would literally tell me that i just needed to not make him mad because he will be good to me if i treated him right… i was conditioned to believe that if i accidently used fabric softener instead of detergent then him punching me in the breast was my fault. Like real man punch, couldnt catch your breath for a long ass time. This is the ultimate way to see he’s a true POS.

If it were me I would A.)message the ex’s significant other letting him know his girl is stepping outside of their relationship. Ya know, in case he doesn’t know. B.)I would find a way to leave. Idk if you work, but if you do, start saving. If you don’t, get a job and start saving. If you have somewhere to go(family or a shelter) that’ll take you in, go. Seriously. Leave him in the dust. He doesn’t respect you emotionally or physically. He doesn’t respect y’alls relationship. He’s obviously hung up on his EX who has her OWN family. There’s no way in this world would I give my man a chance to say “I’ll talk to my ex and see how she feels about you not wanting us to talk”. That’s absolutely freaking absurd. That within itself shows he doesn’t love you, hun. I know it hurts and it’s scary, but you don’t want your child growing up watching their daddy disrespect mommy like that, do you? I wouldn’t.

It will only get worse not only for your sake but for your babies get out now it will never change your inasent baby don’t need to live in it … prayers :pray: you move on …

Once he puts his hands on you, dump him. Don’t give him the opportunity to do it again, leave now.

No respect for you…you did the right thing.

He hit you. You left. That in itself shows strength and how smart you are. Don’t go backwards now. You and your baby deserve better.

3 Likes

The slapping is only the beginning be ware it could get worst. Leave before it does!!!

He put his hands on you…leave and never go back no matter what he says. She is obviously more important to him…you need to show him you know your worth and it is not as someones punching bag.

This is not even about his ex being an issue. He slapped you. He is the issue. Glad you left, absolutely the right thing to do.

2 Likes

Get out. And don’t go back !

1 Like

Don’t turn back! He revealed you all his true colors! You and your bundle will be ok. It hurts, it may be hard but you will be showered with blessings and will never regret it!

If he slapped you, you need to stay away from him. Don’t go back. You were 100% right to leave him. Get a custody order for your baby as well.

First of all no man will slap me period and get by with it…second if she is so important it’s obvious you and the baby are not so forget his sorry ass and move on. 3rd…You let him hit you now once he thinks it’s fine to keep hitting you… Don’t look back he ain’t worth your time.

You did the right thing! Don’t go back. It is 100% okay to not be together even when you have a baby together. I left an emotionally abusive relationship that turned physically abusive after 6 years and 2 children with him. Believe me it was the best thing I ever did. I now have a wonderful husband and we are having our 2nd baby together and he loves my two like they are his own

One hit is always the last for me. There shouldn’t be any abuse period. Leave now and don’t look back. If he wants to see his kid it would be under supervision.

Um, the fact that he slapped you period, is all you need to know. Say bye. :pray::pray::flushed::cry:

3 Likes

If he slapped you, keep on walking.

2 Likes

His ex was still in the picture, you can’t be mad at her because he allowed the door to stay open for entertainment to her. He also laid his hands on you, walk away for good.

2 Likes

He slapped you. Now you say “bye felicia”. Because if his not taking your feelings in to account when talking to his ex wasn’t enough, slapping you when you bring it up is definitely enough. You did the right thing.

1 Like

You did the right thing leaving him. Him slapping you after you told him to choose says it all. Just leave him with his ex and you just focus on the happiness of u n ur baby. Good on you for leaving him :blush:

2 Likes

You don’t need him, your not married, get rid of him

1 Like

Put his ass out and make him pay child support

Through his actions you see what kind of person he is? Yes you have a child with him but that doesn’t mean you must stay with him. I don’t understand what you want advice on, if you already left with your child than just keep going and looking ahead. Think about your child first. He will do whatever he wants to do and his actions show it.

3 Likes

Stay strong.
You are absolutely right to leave especially after he physically assaulted you. If he hit you once he will do it again and again. He will say he is sorry and blah, blah, blah until the next time. He will also try to make it as if it is your fault.
If you didn’t do this or if you didn’t push my buttons and make me do it.
Get out now
AND
Stay out

2 Likes

First off he is trash! He laid hands on you so the thought of you being in the wrong is a big nope! He is wrong and made his choice you do you and raise that baby and if he wants to be a responsible parent then he can be but don’t ever let that man lay hands on you again

4 Likes

Well hun he slapped you no go if he slapped you once he will do it again as for you and the baby you can raise it on your own you dont need a man for that when he slapped you that was his answer hun hes not gonna stop talking to her at all so dont expect him to reply with a yes i will stop thats all lies

2 Likes

Oh really ! He slapped
You hello ! Keep on walking

1 Like

he slapped you, leave.

1 Like

Do Not return to him. He slapped you, once is too many times. He doesn’t respect you and has feelings for the ex girlfriend.

4 Likes

he broke the relationship the second he slapped you and mistreated you. and if he is capable of slapping you over his ex he is capable of slapping you and your child over anything that doesn’t go his way you are not wrong for walking out

5 Likes

If he hits u once hell do it again… Its best to leave his ass now…

He doesn’t want you anymore, that slap shows it truly, he has no respect for you yet does seem like he does for her and willingly chooses her over you. That slap shows it’s time for you and baby to get away and stay away. Go do what you gotta do for you and baby and leave him to his ex where he wants to be to be honest.

4 Likes

OMG! The fact that you even have to ask!! :roll_eyes:🤦

He hit u right there is the end. Walk away dont turn back. He was completely in the wrong not u

2 Likes

Doesn’t matter if you were right or wrong they fact that he slapped you says it all. Stay away from him and do not go back.

4 Likes

He cares more about his ex then you.

2 Likes

U did the right thing he doesn’t deserve U or the baby; b brave U will b better off take care😍

3 Likes

He has no respect 4u. It starts with a slap. If u accept that n stay with him, wont be long till hes punching you. Thank God u put your child 1st, thank God u respect yourself enuf to walk away…keep walking n dont look back. You are young, the right man will come along when you’re not even looking for 1. Always respect yourself n your child enuf to walk away from any abuse, wish u luck peace n happiness. Stay strong you done good leaving.

2 Likes

Ummm. He hit you. Leave him. The end.

2 Likes

Forget the ex problem…he hit you…leave

2 Likes

Get out and stay out. No man should hit a woman ever.

1 Like

No man in no way any reason should hit a woman and for 2 why stay when that was his reaction leave him

1 Like

You did right. He is hiding something about the ex

1 Like

He’ll no he hit you run girl

Get a restraining order and move on!

He slapped you he doesn’t love you 1st 2nd since you already left stay gone 3rd you didnt do and are not doing anything wrong with or to your son by leaving him. 4th its gonna be a struggle but keep your distance and don’t ever give back in.

1 Like

Woah… slapped You??? That is a red flag hunny.

2 Likes

He is still in love with his x…so think straight

1 Like

First he has know right to hit kick his sorry ass out have him charged with assault it is the start of nothing good you now see his true colors get out before its to late

He hit u over his ex leave hon walk away now… get him help with his child but stay away it’s clear how much his ex still means if he can hit u over her!!!

2 Likes

He hit you over speaking to his ex , he doesn’t love you. Move on.

1 Like

Is he talking to her cause they have a child together?. Are they still friends?. No he shouldn’t have slapped you but then you shouldn’t threaten him with his child ECT. Sounds like you have trust issues going on. It wouldn’t bother me if my fiance talked to his ex wife

1 Like

Domestic violence starts small, a push a slap etc. Once you let them know they can get away with it escalates. You did the right thing by leaving, please don’t go back to him. He’s going to apologize and sugar coat the slap, say he’s not going to talk to the ex, whatever he can to get you to come back. Please stay gone!

4 Likes

Please stay gone. He hit you this is how it starts. If he can hit once he will do it again. I know it might seem a easy thing to forgive but trust me you did the right thing leaving. It will only get worse

3 Likes

People can have exes and still be civil with them. Dont be so bent out of shape about it.

3 Likes

everyone saying leave the end…well yeah but probably not likely…be ready for a court battle he may decide he wants to see baby…and if hes on birth certificate he has parental rights and responsability …talking to the opposite sex and exes is not a crime…but the fact you didnt like it and told him ,then he chose to carry on as he was shows he doesnt care how you feel…tell someone he slapped you…the first step to it not happening is telling people like your mum,his mum…odds are you will have to have some form of contact for child…get a place for you and baby…and concentrate on you two…xx

You deserve someone that makes you happy

1 Like

He slapped you… end of story.

6 Likes

Hello, Red Flag Store? I need the biggest one you’ve got.

2 Likes

Next time it will be a punch

2 Likes

He hit you!!! Wake up. Get rid of him. He doesn’t love you or he wouldn’t have put his hands on you. It seems like he wants his cake, and eat it to.

4 Likes

One slap leads to more . stay gone your not wrong for what you did . you are protecting yourself and your baby .

3 Likes

Good for you how dare he lay a hand on you it’s clear he still loves and has more respect for his ex. Stay away from that jerk. It’s only going to get worse.

4 Likes

He slapped you??? He SLAPPED you when you told him to make a choice??? Done… goodbye! He made a choice… he slapped you!

7 Likes

One, never stand for a man to hit you! Two, kick him to the curb!!

The fact he slapped you means it’s time to go. Forget the ex issue

3 Likes

When you got in the relationship you knew he had a child by another woman that child is a part of his life she is used to being the only child in his life no you did not have a right to tell him to choose that baby or your baby I’m sad that he slapped you but you brought it on yourself I hope you will not try to keep this baby from the father it would not be a bad idea for you to go to court and have the Court decide visitation end child support because I am pretty sure he is paying her child support that he should do but your child will need support to but yes you were wrong to try to make him choose between his children

Be done. If he can’t even respect your feelings which are 100% valid you shouldn’t put up with that. Plus if he will get physical once he will more than likely do it again.

1 Like

Report him for abuse…

1 Like

Three words…HE SLAPPED YOU. Pack your stuff, get your baby and leave. Obviously you are not his priority, and he raised his hand to you…if he did it once, he’ll do it again.

3 Likes

you are important, just not to him. You were right, but he just doesn’t care. Do not go back…if you do, that slap could get worst. You are better than this, you deserve better than this. Unfortunately there is a baby involved & he is the father. But make your life with your baby & forget about him, he isn’t worth it…

1 Like

Live your own life with you baby your baby has to come first and you say he slapped you well thats wrong the slap could escalate to a punch and you have got the baby to consider he might take it out on your baby so leave him to sort himself out good luck xx

1 Like

He is a abusive …wake up…this is the same old story over and over…women will you ever learn???

He clearly does not really love you, or he would have listened to you and never hit you. One slap will lead to more, stay gone and don’t look back!

1 Like

He slapped you?! Has this happened before?? If so you need to take your baby and get the hell out of dodge!