My Boyfriend Got Mad That My Ex-Husband Bought Our Child a Gift: Advice?

Its immature to act that way about a small nice gester… Hes simply getting the child a gift because its his kids sibling❗your ex sounds like hes co parenting amazingly with you & that is wonderful! Now if your man now can just grow up and act right it would be nothing but easy for you. Thats something you needa explain to him. Hes just tryna not be a dick. I don’t see your mans problem… Cause its literally not that big of a deal.

4 Likes

That’s terrible. Your ex is setting a wonderful example for his children of how a family treats one another - with love and respect. Even thought it’s not his child it’s his Children’s siblings and he is being kind!!

5 Likes

Your boyfriend is way overreacting

1 Like

I actually think it is a healthy thing for your Ex to get your baby with someone else a present. In my opinion I think it is really mature of him. Also who’s to say he didn’t get it as a gift from him and your kids. Bf doesn’t know if the kids were out shopping with him and asked to get it for their sibling. Your boyfriend needs to realize that if you two stay together for the long haul that your ex will always be a part of your lives. You have kids with him and he knew that. You are doing what is in your kids best interest.

My “Uncle” (my Aunt divorced him 25 years ago) still attends our family get togethers & holidays. My cousin is 30 years old now. It didn’t happen right away but within 7 years of the divorce. My cousin has never had to worry about if she will see him or not or leave to go to another event. He has even stepped in to help care for my 96 year old grandfather/ his ex FIL.

Question I would ask is there a reason your BF is so upset. Is it cause he is not secure in the relationship or unsure of something? Is there something that can help him understand? Your ex and your kids are your and bf’s kids sibling.

1 Like

He sounds very jealous and insecure.

1 Like

Um what!?!?! You have an awesome ex husband! :heart_eyes: I’m guessing he is jealous of your ex husband, and feels threatened by him, he needs to grow up and put his personal insecurities aside for the benefit of the children.

1 Like

He’s just being a man. You know how they are territorial especially over their kids. No man wants any other man doing any daddy things with their child at all. But it’s no different than women getting jealous and not wanting the ex new girlfriend around the kids. Just tell your boyfriend you’re sorry and that your ex meant no harm and just wanted to be nice and that it won’t happen again.

My current partner of 8 years is weirded out my my ex mother in law buying our 1 year old gifts and face timing her with my oldest daughter (her granddaughter) some men don’t understand how relationships work. I grew up with my parents divorced but my mom. Was always invited to my dads family’s events and we all celebrate together. It’s nice that your ex includes your youngest with gifts. That way they don’t feel left out :heart:

1 Like

SMDH it’s called adulting , the ex-husband anyway. My ex and I have 2 grown sons, he’s been remarried for 15 yrs. His wife help raise our boys , kudos to her. My ex brings me flowers on Mother’s Day, birthday, coffee and donuts on Christmas. We text or call each other, his wife included. When you get divorced that part of your family doesn’t disappear. Especially if you have kids with the ex. I went to my ex MIL ‘s funeral. My ex brother in law has come from Ohio to see my ex , OUR kids and stayed at my house ! Ought to be thankful this ex is a nice guy.

I think it’s a beautiful thing your ex husband has done. A decent man

4 Likes

I would say it was very nice of your ex husband to include your baby, he doesn’t have to but maybe he felt like he couldn’t buy for his children and leave one child out. Your boyfriend is being ungrateful and sounds like he’s jealous of your ex. It’s not fair to blame you

2 Likes

My older 2 kids’ grandparents call my youngest, who is not their blood, their grandchild. Neither of the dads are in the picture, but both families are

Gtfoh he sounds like an immature twat

3 Likes

He sounds controlling. You shouldn’t have to feel bad bc of something that you didn’t do.

1 Like

Childish … be happy your kids are be loved and showered with gifts… he’s just trying to co parent and make sure NO kids are left out… it shows respect to you and all kids

6 Likes

He needs to grow up. Your husband is teaching his kids how to be a good person and not leave anyone out.

6 Likes

Sounds like your boyfriend needs to grow up. I see noithing wrong with what your ex did. Does your boyfriend hate your ex or feels threaten by him

1 Like

I think its lovely that ur ex got your little one a gift for his birthday, he didnt have to :woman_shrugging: i think ur current boyfriend needs to get a grip and pull his head out of his arse and see that ur ex is just being kind and coparenting extremely well. Unless you have given him a reason to think there’s more to it than that I’d tell him to grow up and realise your ex is always going to be in the picture because you have children together. x

Your man needs to grow up!! Your ex seems like a nice guy. If you have kids together it’s nice of him to buy a gift for your little one. It’s his children’s sibling after all.

4 Likes

Your boyfriend is immature

5 Likes

Tell your boyfriend to get over his insecurities bc it’s not about him!!

1 Like

No I think it’s lovely, and shows respect in front of your other children.

5 Likes

I remember the same thing happening to me. Beware of this “boyfriend” If he loved the child, he would be happy about the gift. Jealousy will kill that relationship. Your ex is sounding more grown up than your current partner.

1 Like

It’s his kids brother it’s called respect for a child children come first

1 Like

First of all the ex is just being thoughtful because, of the kids y’all have together. He just doesn’t want to leave the other kid out. Somewhere he’s not doing what he should that’s why he’s really bothered.

Your boyfriends an insecure child that needs to grow up.

6 Likes

2 years and he’s still jealous over your ex…

2 Likes

Sounds like he’s an immature, insecure dumbass.

Your boyfriend is an immature prick

How awesome for ex husband to do that. Your boyfriend needs to wind his head in. Very respectful for him to that.

2 Likes

This just broke my head it took a little to start this response. Tell your bf to get the f over it bubby has siblings and it’s a nice thing it’s not like he is getting gifts everyday/week. Your BF is insecure and threatened about your ex. He needs to work through it or it will make your relationship toxic.

When my sons dad and his now wife had their first child together I took our son to pick out a present for his new brother. I wrapped it and took my son to the hospital to see his new sibling. When I had my second child my oldest son’s father gave me a ride home with my new baby from the hospital because my car had a flat tire. There is nothing wrong with having a respectful working relationship with your ex for the sake of your children. Him buying baby a gift is an act of maturity and in the best interest of your children together. Your new man needs to grow up and stop trying to show his dick. He is obviously insecure and needs a reality check. What he is doing to you will reflect to your kids and that is not a good thing for them to be seeing and learning. I’d put my foot down now. If his behavior doesn’t change kick him to the curb.

4 Likes

Your ex sounds like a real man and a great dad. Your boyfriend has some growing up to do. :roll_eyes: That’s his children’s sibling. He should be grateful if anyone at all buys for his child’s birthday. Jesus if the neighbours here brought round a present for my daughter I’d be over the moon and I don’t even know them :joy:

1 Like

I think that is a mature thing for your ex to do, children need positive relationships in their life

3 Likes

Throw the whole boy out. Childish.

1 Like

Your boyfriend sounds like a child you know what you need to do

1 Like

Yea he is wrong and he sounds immature and insecure lol

1 Like

What a brat of a man! How lovely and thoughtful is your ex to get your baby a birthday present, you need to tell your boyfriend to grow the f*** up

4 Likes

Your s/o needs to respect you and your ex being cordial and co parenting… sounds like the ex is a decent guy to want to have a relationship with his kids siblings!!! Your s/o is completely in the wrong on this one. He is being jealous and spiteful.

2 Likes

Your boyfriend is jealous, and that shouldn’t affect your children at all, even if they’re not your ex husbands. I’m sure your ex is just trying to be nice since he’s still a significant part of your children’s lives. This also means that he will likely have some type of relationship with your boyfriends child as well, just by being around.

Kids and families need villages, but whatever relationships Mathis jealousy will bring.

My new husband has raised a child that isn’t even his for 14 years and she still comes over and she calls him dad and she knows he isn’t her bio dad.Its about love and respect man,kids deserve as much love as they can get,he is just jelous.

3 Likes

well he left why bother return when someone else is there🤔shouldnt have left at the beginning💔#drama😶

Wow that’s petty. When my son was born my husband’s ex-wife(mother of his daughter) gave my son a gift. We always have had a friendly relationship. My husband has now been passed on for 20 years and we still have family gatherings with his daughter and her children and his ex. He should be glad your ex is civil and doesn’t mistreat your baby. He needs to grow up.

1 Like

You don’t see enough of this great gesture

1 Like

That’s not normal. My kids dad (we are still legally married) has a new gf and a new baby with her. She has a 4 year old with her ex and I still pick her up with my kids sometimes just to hang out! It’s about the kids not the adults

2 Likes

Childish if u ask me jealousy

Sounds like you need to dump the tosser before he starts more serous shit my dear/

Also that’s you guys kids half sibling as well. It’s a good gesture on his part and why not be mature and civil… Kids are innocent

2 Likes

Oh wow are you with The Good one? Seems like The ex is Trying his best And The boyfriend is an ass!

Somebody needs to put his big boy pants on and grow up! There’s nothing wrong with being civil with an ex.

That is just childish as hell. Your ex sounds like he wants to include the new baby, which is pretty remarkable imo. Most exes, regardless of the gender because it goes both ways, don’t really even bat an eye at a kid that isnt theirs. You current needs to respect that you have children with another man and that you are co parenting, which is another thing that tends to go south. Those kids or thier father aren’t going anywhere because you share the kids. He knew that you had kids with your ex when he got with you. He needs to GROW UP.

Awe he just don’t want he left out to, he the boy brother .

Insecure and jealous.

1 Like

My ex always gets gifts for my 2 younger kids, my oldest is his and even though the 2 younger kids aren’t technically his family, it is his daughters brother and sister… my husband and him have a good relationship too, it’s how it should be, about the kids! Anything less is super childish imo

116 Likes

My daughter dad even after the divorce still takes my older son (his dad took off been gone since he was 4 months old) and my sister always reminds me that ain’t his dad and tell her to go elsewhere cuz he sees Waylon as his own and that just because her daughter dad isn’t involved and her ex husband abandoned my niece after the divorce don’t ruin it for Waylon he deserves to have a dad

23 Likes

I think that was wonderful to make sure your child was included in gift giving. Not sure why your boyfriend has an issue with it. That would raise a red flag in my book.

105 Likes

Sounds to me like your current is extremely insecure/jealous of your ex. When you have children with that man there is NO reason why he can’t get your child a present. What’s he gonna do when your 1 year old gets older and asks to stay the night with his siblings at their dads house? To say he “can’t look, talk to or touch” the baby is extremely immature. I would have serious issues with this, only because that’s your other children’s father and he’s going to be around…
We are closely involved with my step daughters mom. We go to her other children’s birthdays that aren’t my step daughters, she comes to our children’s birthday parties, we buy each other Christmas presents and each other’s children Christmas presents, watch each other’s children if we need etc. there is NOTHING wrong with that. In fact, it’s healthy for children to see their blended families together and getting along like adults. This is just… frustrating. I’m sorry you’re going through it.

55 Likes

It called respect and all children should only know love. I watch my 2 grandsons every day. The youngest of the 2 is not my grandson by blood but is blood to his older brother. I could not and would never treat any of my grand babies different. That is how blended families work.

73 Likes

I have bought gifts for my ex husband’s little boy, we have a daughter together and that’s her brother. His wife never got mad about it. His mom has also bought my daughter by my current husband gifts. My ex’s wife has actually babysat my daughter from my new marriage. Maybe it just depends on the relationships?

54 Likes

I think your ex is a pretty stand up guy honestly! It says he doesn’t want an innocent child feeling left out and that’s damn amazing! Your boyfriend is jealous and needs to get over himself! That child is your ex’s kids sibling, whether your boyfriend likes it or not that makes that child some part of his life. Your kids probably talk about their younger sibling and so on. I’d personally tell the boyfriend to deal that it isn’t doing any harm and only helps your kids feel good about the situation.

34 Likes

A child can never have too much love. Your boyfriend should grow up and be thankful your ex cared enough to do it

20 Likes

Sounds like your current bf is very insecure & possibly jealous of your ex. It was very thoughtful of your ex to buy your son a present, I mean he is a sibling with his kids. I see nothing wrong with that as it is a kind gesture. I’d have a huge problem with the way your bf is acting. Its not like your ex is trying to take his son away with a gift smh. That possessiveness is a huge red flag for me & I wouldn’t tolerate it. Kids are kids & they appreciate feeling loved, included & cared about. I mean how would your ex feel if your bf buys gifts for his/your kids? Surely he’d appreciate the gesture of the kids getting included. I’m sorry your bf doesn’t want your ex even talking to or looking at your baby. Your bf needs some major therapy & classes in growing up. That behavior is childish & uncalled for. I wish you luck in this situation. I know how I’d handle it but I’m not sure if you would be willing to have 2 ex’s. I’m sorry mama.

33 Likes

Sounds like you have a lovely ex. Does your current boyfriend treat the other children the same? I would be concerned for the future and how current boyfriend might treat previous husbands off spring Jealously really comes to mind and in the meantime think you should accept the lovely gesture from your ex. And stick your finger up at current sounds pretty rude and ungrateful. It’s a gift for a child. Bloody thoughtful unlike your current fella. Xx

11 Likes

Your Ex is a Wally-champ, kids don’t know all the weird family lines. They just know love, people and presents haha! He’s a good man, and your current is insecure, and the ex-is just doing a damn good job of co-parenting.

53 Likes

Sounds like a dad that needs to get over it. I think it is very thoughtful on you ex’s part to think of your other child. Your boyfriend should be glad that your ex views your other children as inclusive beings instead of beings to be ignored.

12 Likes

My sister’s dad always brought me small gifts if he brought my sister something. His mom was my extra grandmother. It’s always nice to have extra family.

11 Likes

Your boyfriend is jealous. That was an amazing thing that your ex did and your current bf should be grateful that he isn’t treating that child different from their siblings.

56 Likes

He needs to come to terms that yall are all on the same team now. How is his child gonna feel if your kids from the previous relationship only get things? Wouldnt he want his baby to be treated like a member of the family and not an outsider? I dont understand that way of thinking.

47 Likes

The boyfriend has issues. My ex husband and I both have children aside from our shared kids. He has bought snacks for my babies and I have bought snacks for his daughter at our sons sporting events. I would be very upset if he or her mother had an issue with it. I don’t see it as “my ex’s kid” but as my children’s sister. I’m going to show them that no matter what happened between their dad an I, their sister is their sister and I’m going to treat her with love.

170 Likes

I don’t see anything wrong with that. It’s good to have a positive mutual relationship with all parents/partners involved in the kids life.

24 Likes

I think it’s very kind of your ex. This child is his children’s siblings. He’s going out of his way, no I’ll intentions. It’s a Birthday present. Just say thanks and keep it movin’.

37 Likes

I also wonder if he is divisive between his child and the ex’s children. Assuming that you live with him, does he treat the other kids differently?

If so that is a BIG :triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post: red flag. And I would personally consider if the relationships is doing more harm than good to all your children

42 Likes

That’s petty af. Your ex likely sees your child with this man as his children’s sibling and wants to show that love. Your new man needs to quit being so peanut butter and jealous. How many exes don’t even acknowledge their own children? I think it’s beautiful and I love that your ex did that

20 Likes

A child can never have too many people that love them. My husbands ex-wife buys our son birthday presents and I always invite her to his parties. He even goes to her house sometimes with his sister (her and my husbands child together). I don’t look at like his ex-wife is buying our son a gift, I look at it like she’s buying her daughters little brother a gift.

36 Likes

Your x is a good guy, your boyfriend needs to grow up.

6 Likes
  1. Sounds like the boy needs to grow up, and get over himself
  2. He’s not your Husband, and the way he’s treating you and talking-to you, he isn’t mature enough
21 Likes

That is selfish and narcissistic. I understand his insecurities but if your ex husband buys gifts for his children maybe he doesn’t want the little one to feel left out. It’s actually an admirable act.

27 Likes

My ex has always included all of my children. I think it’s a beautiful gesture when people can be grown up enough not to punish children or exclude them. In my book the more people who care about a child the better, genetics be damned

8 Likes

Your boyfriend is a punk! Baby’s need as much love as they can get.

6 Likes

Run. Just run. That’s controlling and narcissistic behavior. I buy my ex-husband kids stuff just randomly. They’re my kids siblings why wouldn’t I? His current wife has never had an issue with it. At the end of the day her kids are related to my kids. I’m not going to ignore them because my ex moved on.

28 Likes

Your not wrong children don’t care where they gifts come from if your ex and your bf had problems in the past I could understand his reasoning but he is still wrong because he needs to accept that most parents aren’t going to leave a child because y’all broken up he needs to grow up and chill out

5 Likes

I went all out on gifts for my ex & his wife’s baby boy. I have a daughter with my ex and we are all very close friends! I don’t see anything wrong with it at all.

4 Likes

My Ex husband (whom I have a child with) has helped me out by babysitting my son (who I have with my now husband) a few times. There have also been many times he brings our daughter home and has something for my son. My husband is totally fine with it. Healthy co-parenting is best in mixed families. :heart: And if my ex ever has another child I will be the same way.

6 Likes

I actually think that its very sweet of your ex & i love that he is taking co-parenting to a whole new level & it shows that he cares about your other child! Good for him for thinking of your child & including him! I love that your child won’t feel left out & it shows your children that you have together what family can really be about! I love it! I can’t believe your boyfriend would want him to completely ignore your child & not talk to him… very weird!

7 Likes

Dude, your boyfriend sounds like he has some issues. I’d see that as a huge red flag and would completely reassess if he belongs in your life. He sounds easily triggered and quite controlling.

3 Likes

I’m sorry but this doesn’t sound right. He has a lot of growing up to do, my parents even bought gifts for each other after divorce, that’s the fathers/mother of ur children ??

4 Likes

My dad actually has a tablet for my son and my little sister (not his) but in his eyes there both 8 so there both his grand kids!!! I love my dad for his big heart :heart: on his cell plan!!

2 Likes

He’s showing insecurity, and what a sweet thing for your ex to do for your baby… that baby is a sibling to his children and he’s being an adult. You need to let your boyfriend know he is being extremely childish and irrational if he is that pressed by the situation he needs to keep it moving

5 Likes

I think it was out of respect for your other children he got the child a birthday gift. Nothing else.

1 Like

He definitely needs to get over it. You have to co parent with your ex and you are lucky to have someone willing teach your children that it’s okay to get along with each other. The sooner everyone gets along the better environment it will be for all of you. It’s sad when it takes a lifetime to figure it out. Tell your boyfriend that you don’t want to wait until you have grandchildren to get along. Life’s too short.

1 Like

Going to say it. Be careful. That behaviour can quickly turn from the ex to the kids out of frustration and you. What ever baggage the boy friend is dragging he needs to deal with.

3 Likes

My 1st ex husband always gets my other daughter (which isn’t his) bday and Xmas gifts.

2 Likes

My daughter’s friend in school had a little brother 7 years younger that had a different dad but he cried for his sister a lot when she visited her dad and begged to go with his sister. So guess what? Sweet dad of my daughter’s friend had him over for the weekend with his sister sometimes <3

Your boyfriend should be thankful your ex doesn’t make your child feel left out. My ex (first sons dad) and his parents will bring all my children something over if they are bring my son something even something as simple as candy.

1 Like

Sounds like the boyfriend is toxic if you and the ex have kids then there siblings and it would be unfair for him to treat the kids any different there siblings

2 Likes

Tell him to grow up. My 11 yr olds dad and stepmom always gets bday / Christmas gifts for my 4 yr old. It’s the thought and very kind they include the other child

1 Like

Is totally understandable your now boyfriend will feel that way. He needs to soften up to the idea that the kids from your ex and your child now, will be a round for a really long time and your ex is not going anywhere. Give it sometime he will adjust. This is all new to him. He will realize to blend both families and Co parenting will benefit all the kids and parents. Give it sometime. Check in with your boyfriend and make sure he will feel extra special. He’s a little insecure. Totally get it.

He should be happy your childrens dad is treating him like that. Most people say not my problem but he understands that his kids are related I think your boyfriend needs to growup and see that he had a child that has siblings from somebody else! You dont like it thats his issue he knew. I am happy your ex is so nice to ALL YOUR CHILDREN!

Your ex husband was extremely nice to even think of your child at all. What ex does that? Not many. Which proves you’re both adults in raising your children in a civil way. For your boyfriend to flip,cmon. It is only weird because it doesn’t happen often. But i don’t think its wrong. Id rather my kid get a gift than them be treated with disrespect. Sounds like bf may be insecure🤷‍♀️

2 Likes

TF!? Your boyfriend has issues. My ex husband has been involved with my 3.5 year old basically since birth…he’s not his, BUT he is the sibling of my two children with my ex. He has been to holidays and birthdays. My current husband is appreciative of my ex’s role. It’s another adult male role model for our son and the lessons we’re trying to teach about being good, kind humans.