My boyfriend stayed out late and wouldn't answer his phone: Thoughts?

Mamas, I need advice. My boyfriend of two years “went to Walmart” last night around 9 pm. He said he was going to get lunch stuff for work the next day; I didn’t question it because I didn’t have a chance to run to the store that day. Well, 10:30 comes around, and he still isn’t home; I called him, and he said he did not answer, but he texted me back right away and said he was still at Walmart, but our Walmart closes at ten due to Covid…I didn’t respond. Instead, I just tried to fall asleep…I dozed off and woke up around 12 am, and he still was not home, so I tried calling him again, and he did not answer but texted me around 12:30, saying he was just driving around listening to music…But he has to be up for work at 5 am, so I don’t believe him. He has never given me a reason not to trust him before, but obviously, something is going on, right?

42 Likes

Yeah, no. It sounds like he is for sure cheating…

Yeah his cheating, why would he pick up but can text back ? Why would he need to drive around and not talk to you on the phone if his alone ? His def cheating.

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. My boyfriend stayed out late and wouldn't answer his phone: Thoughts? - Mamas Uncut

Trust your gut you already know the answer

19 Likes

Sounds like he is up to no good

9 Likes

Oh hell naw… that man is lying, and not very well either.

8 Likes

My ex husband always did that… found out he was out screwing half the town…

8 Likes

Okay so he lied. Address that and consider what you will do if it continues? Can’t have a healthy relationship without trust.

5 Likes

Yeah that is shady as hell. I would be all over that

6 Likes

Always trust your gut. It’s not normal so yeah something is up. Most younger guys and some older and not wiser men will say things like I didn’t want to tell you because I knew you’d be mad and it’s always some nonsense bullshit crap that you are just supposed to take. Find out what’s up if you can and if he’s moved on / messing around/ or does not want to be in a relationship just find out good luck.

OK so talk to him and if you don’t like what he has to say then move on. Pretty simple

3 Likes

Hoverwatch. Com puts a app on his phone you can see everything even if he deletes it

6 Likes

Don’t go thru his phone. You go looking you’ll just hurt yourself. You know the answer dear, he’s doing something he shouldn’t be. Keep that peace within yourself to not know what exactly it is, it’ll save you in the long run.

29 Likes

Throw the whole damn man away

Simple…women’s intuition is always right first time… don’t question it

12 Likes

My ex did things like that. One time he said he was going to Walmart for milk and didn’t reappear for like 10 hours. Come to find out it was due to drugs.

13 Likes

Most def something is going on. Grill him until you get the truth.

You know he’s dirty!

1 Like

Cheating.
Sorry.but you know it too.
He will sadly do it again
Value yourself
Tell him bye

11 Likes

Run the other way because he is out doing crap probably

2 Likes

He’s not a keeper, he’s a player…

1 Like

Lol. What kind of grown man just “Drives around” listening to music… Something ain’t right here

5 Likes

Usually I am thinking someone is paranoid and over thinking things in these posts. But this one… This one… He was definitely up to something shady 100%. I would be so hurt and upset.

17 Likes

Did he come home with groceries?

20 Likes

He wasn’t just “riding around, listening to music”. My husband used to feed me that bullshit too. He’s up to no good, OBVIOUSLY lol :woman_shrugging:t2:

First of all the texting back instead of answering the phone is always a red flag :triangular_flag_on_post: to me and if he planned on “driving around “why couldn’t he let you know beforehand. Shady shady :woman_shrugging:t2:

14 Likes

Gas prices too high to just be driving around. Listen to your instincts. I think you know the answer.

16 Likes

Sorry sounds like a cheater

5 Likes

Yes something is definitely going on. He’ll probably get angry and call you crazy and controlling. You’re not.

6 Likes

1.He is a Liar! 2. He is using drugs or cheating!You know it’s some shady crap either way, you dont have to deal with either one! Are you going to allow it? Or step away?

7 Likes

Go with your gut on this one. We tend to doubt our own intuitions and observations because we want to be “nice” and don’t want to cause trouble or “be mean.” Don’t waste time on that. Go with your gut.

2 Likes

Girl you should have called the Walmart to see if they had changed their hours for 1, 2 if they were by some miracle still open had customer service get on the intercom to announce his name and ask him to the desk for an emergency :rotating_light: :rofl: if he came to customer service and got on the phone you should have told him you really needed something. If he was getting cold foods for lunch the next day, because I can’t imagine a meal without any freezer or fridge food included that’s just me then he spoiled the food driving around in my opinion. If he was “just out and about” why did he feel like he needed space? Can’t assume men NEVER need space but that seems like an odd time and way to go about it

5 Likes

He is a shady mf , you picked it up the first time you felt uneasy. Never doubt your feelings. I’ve picked up that feeling of something not being right (not necessarily cheating), 99% I was right. Confront his nasty ass

Well, I’m not saying something isn’t up because it does sound shady.
For me though, sometimes I do just that. I’ll tell my husband I’m going to Walmart and I do. I take my time shopping and checking out. But when I leave, I make a lap or two through my town (about 15 minutes each)
Why do I do this? Sometimes I just need a break from my kids and responsibilities and I just want to cruise in silence or with my music blaring.
I never tell my husband I’m going cruising because he already kinda knows that’s what I do.
So could it be completely harmless and nothing going on? Sure.
Could it be that he was doing something he shouldn’t be doing? Sure.

Did he bring home any groceries?
Ask him how he was able to stay in Walmart after closing?

6 Likes

Read what you wrote and step back a minute. If you got this from a friend what would you tell her?

11 Likes

Drugs or cheating. The fact that he didn’t answer but was willing to text is suspect as hell! If he really needed a break or whatever he’d still show enough give a shit to pick up the phone. I dunno what he is doing or did but I wouldn’t let that shit go. I’d be getting to the bottom of that REAL quick.

If he only answers your texts and not your phone calls, then it sounds like he doesn’t want you to hear the female he has sitting in the car with him or laying on her bed. I’m just stating the obvious.

6 Likes

Cheating . No doubt.

4 Likes

If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck… :woman_shrugging:t2:

4 Likes

Gut feeling. Follow that. If you’re asking us, I think you already know the answer.

5 Likes

So he can’t answer his phone as he’s driving but he can a actually type a text message :thinking:

9 Likes

Maybe he needed alone time. Shit. All of us do. If this was a one time thing I wouldn’t worry.

Talk to him. That’s it. Stop listening to people on social media. Some people’s peace of mind is driving around.

4 Likes

Sounds shady af. How you gonna go to walmart and get lunch stuff and drive around with it for hours? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

11 Likes

Track his phone :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Did he come home if not he could of been taken call police

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. My boyfriend stayed out late and wouldn't answer his phone: Thoughts? - Mamas Uncut

Yeah, no reason to hide if it’s innocent. He would’ve answered if he’d been alone. Been there. I’m sorry.

Duh…i see it . he’s cheating on you]

He’s cheating put a stop to it or leave I’d probably go ahead and leave! ASAP

2 Likes

He’s shagging about for sure, get rid x he also needs to work on his lies that one was garbage!x

1 Like

Something is definitely going on. I’m sorry. You don’t need him to tell you the truth for it to be true. You decide what this means for you and make your move, whatever that means. Don’t try to have an honest conversation with a dishonest person. Good luck.

2 Likes

Seems a tad fisheye… But perhaps there is a deeper issue… Did anything happen recently? Something with work or a death??? Everyone processes things differently. I’m trying to look at both sides of perspective to the story here, but I’d def be suspicious and would need answers, if you feel uncomfortable- then that’s your intuition telling you something.

1 Like

Fucking long trip to just go to Wal-Mart Hey! Toss him. Obviously not telling you the truth.

3 Likes

Your gut has already told you the truth, you just want someone else to clarify or him to fess up. Trust your gut

3 Likes

I’m through exact same at the minute.my partner went shoppin at 4pm today and still isn’t home.last time i was speaking 2 him his battery was dying (that doesn’t happen EVER) sometimes u need to trust your gut xx

Check his google maps when u can …

2 Likes

That’s easy enough to check on. You can do it two ways. First ask him to watch kiddo. Tell him you have to run a quick errand and then when he text or calls u. Don’t answer. Take 1 to 2 hrs. Go to the mall or the store. Whatever you do don’t answer. Do this a couple of times throughout the week at the same exact time. If he accuses you of cheating then you will know. The fastest way to find out though is turn your phone off. Tell him your phone died and isnt working right and you need to barrow his for an important phone call. If he let’s you make a fake call. Like an automated phone service. Then put up to your ear and walk into the bathroom shut and lock the door. Go through it. Check texts, email and messenger. Don’t forget to look at deleted emails. You looking for dating apps emails and Facebook notifications of messages that have been deleted. It won’t tell you what the messages say but it will say who it is from. Screen shot anything you find suspicious and message it to yourself making sure to delete the messages you sent to yourself and the screen shots. Take no more then 10min. Don’t forget to pretend to talk to someone while in the bathroom. If there is nothing then no further freaking out needed. If you do find something. Don’t say anything right away. Just think about what you want to do. Control the urge to get emotional. Be smart use the information wisely. Make a plan and set it up. If he freaks out when you walk off with his phone or if he refuses to let you use his phone then you have your answer. I’ve dated several guys who cheated on me and this is how I always catch them. Tho I like hard evidence so once I know I tend to find a sitter Tell him I’m going to my mom’s for the weekend and barrow a friend’s car to catch him in the act. Or u can higher a pi.

14 Likes

Sometimes people need to drive with the radio on to clear their heads. I know I do. No matter when I have to work. However he should’ve answered you. I don’t see anything in that that’s good. Talk to him. See what’s going on.

1 Like

So did he come home with lunch stuff in Walmart bags??

11 Likes

My husband did the same thing, turns out it was a affair. Trust you gut instinct, I should have.

7 Likes

Nah that’s sketchy as fuuuuck

He could be telling the truth…I’ve needed time to drive and clear my head and just listen to music… I truly wasn’t up to anything but trying to clear my head … I ignored everyone who called …however with phones these days he can probably prove his innocence (or guilt) if he really wanted to.

Talk to him… No-one on here has the answer,we can only make assumptions but he knows and by talking to him you should be able to sense if he is full of crap or not…Did he come home with lunch stuff,has he been acting strange any other time’s… if he is doing something dodgy he will get caught out in the end,they always do…

1 Like

he is a liar , once a liar always a liar

3 Likes

To be honest, sounds like something is going on. Love and respect would have brought him home last night.

3 Likes

I asked my boyfriend for perspective. He said , and I quote, “oh he’s definitely cheating”. I’m sorry girl.

3 Likes

Umm he’s out messing around with someone

1 Like

I would try not to jump to conclusions since it’s the first time, but sounds suspect. I would keep my eyes open to see if it keeps happening. If he completely changes his behavior and doing things he never did then SOMETHING is up even if its not necessarily cheating. Is there or in the past been a drug/alcohol problem?

2 Likes

Does he know how expensive gas is currently? :grimacing:

6 Likes

Yea something is hinkey about this story! Follow your gut!

Go on his phone see where he really was

1 Like

So he can text u but can’t answer the phone ?!!:face_with_monocle::thinking::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post: umm, sorry but he’s definitely Lying :lying_face:

1 Like

Sometimes I peace out and sit at the beach alone

He may have not necessarily been cheating, but he is obviously doing something he shouldn’t be doing. I mean if he was just driving around, why couldn’t he just answer? The not answering calls, but texting should be a red flag. Just start paying attention to his behavior going foward. See if you notice any changes.

Just remember always trust your gut!!

There’s always a first time…he never gave you a reason to not trust him…until now. I’m sorry you have to go through this…but there’s a strong reason you’re asking about it on FB please listen to your gut…leave get out now…even if you forgive him the trust will never ever be the same and if he sees you stay hell do it again and again because you already showed him you won’t leave.

Something is so fish… check his bank account. Get out of this relationship right now. He’s no longer loyalist to you.

Sadly, he’s more than likely being unfaithful. If you are unsure start watching, now that the seed is planted you will start seeing things. I hope you can move past this.

When someone tells you who they are, believe them.

All lies. Throw him away in the trash!