My boyfriend stopped showing affection: Advice?

I guess I just need the opinions of others for this one.I have been with my boyfriend for a little over a year. Just recently moved in together. Myself and my 2 kids (he has no kids) everything was perfect in the beginning of our relationship (I had basically gave up on relationships due to past relationships) but we were so great together and I thought I should give it a try.He’s great to my kids but was raised very strict so he kinda expects a lot out of them and I kinda had to put my foot down on that.However, he stopped showing any kind of love or affection. I feel so neglected and invisible and I’ve told him this and no communication whatsoever. I cannot do that. I cannot act as if nothing is wrong. I’m silently losing all hope for this to actually work out. He even treats his dogs better than me!Once my brain makes up its mind about you my heart slowly follows… I’m afraid that I made a mistake moving in here and I’m really afraid this is not going to work out.I’ve given up a lot and I’ve started completely over more times than I wanted to… I’ve always done what I had to for me and my kids… I know I’ll be fine because I’ve been threw worse… but the thought of another failed relationship and starting over makes me sick. But if that’s what I have to do then I’d rather do it sooner than later. I just need advice from outside perspective.

54 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. My boyfriend stopped showing affection: Advice?

Sounds like the relationship has burnt out spice it back up make him fall back in love with you

You already know what you need to do. My oldest daughter at 34 with 2 girls finally after 15 years found a guy that ended being her soul mate. He loved the kids as his own he had 2 grown already. They celebrate 5years of marriage think month. She was looking for anyone when they met. Get out and take care of you and your kids. Never let a man make you feel not loved. Because the right won’t do that.

7 Likes

If the guy is not their father he shouldn’t be correcting them. That’s your job as a mother. Your guy can talk to you and tell you what he doesn’t like but it ultimately is up to you. Not treating you right now is immature and I would wonder if he loves you. Kids come before a man. Kids are your blood and rely on you to stand up for them. I would have a talk with him and if he doesn’t change his attitude then get out of the relationship. Some men can’t handle not being able to run the household by themselves. Also you kids will hate you later on if you let a guy push them around and demand and command them to do what he wants

1 Like

He has checked out of the relationship… time for you too also.

8 Likes

Shldve talked about parenting before moving together. You fd up when you put your foot down. He either is respected and allowed to father them or not and if not let him go. Why be with a man you don’t trust to father your children. Your bad you fd this up. No man is going to be head of a household and not allowed to parent children

14 Likes

Unpopular opinion but how affectionate are you with him? He can’t pour from an empty glass boys need affection, love, their world rocked etc etc.
He could very well be mirroring you now that you’ve been together longer

3 Likes

You need to leave as soon as possible it is only going to get worse & you don’t wanna put your kids through that.

3 Likes

He’s upset cause you stopped him from correcting your kids. But that should be your job. And it depends how rowdy they are. And it gets harder as they grow up. Should have been discussed before moving in. It may be a deal breaker.

3 Likes

I get you both grew up differently, talk to him about how you want your kids raised. He’s their stepfather. Sit down and talk to him how you want your kids to be raised. If he won’t comprise and try to help you raise them the way you plan on raising them. I would make that a deal breaker for you. My oldest daughter is my husband’s stepdaughter, but I trust and we both raise the kids the same. I have three kids altogether. My two younger kids are my hubby’s. He doesn’t show favoritism and loves all kids equally. Bringing together for a year, you two still don’t know each other all the way. Living together, teaches you more about how each other lives and how they’ll react to a new environment. It also shows that you trust him with your kids, but let him tell you what they did or do wrong in his opinion and you tell him what you think. And that you decide what happens to you kids if punishment is needed.

2 Likes

Put yourself and kids first. Think about what you want your life to be like and make a choice from there.

1 Like

If you want to raise your kids on your own then go raise them on your own.
Relationships should be partnerships.

5 Likes

Did you know his views on kids and parenting before moving in? Was he under the impression that he needed to step in as a father? Was there a discussion on how that looked? My husband has done things I felt were too much with my kids and we talked about it. Since then he has stepped in as Dad and I stay out of his discipline as much as possible. I trust that what we discussed was taken in and that whatever he decides is what is best for the kids. The moment you took his power away, by putting your foot down, you lost your man.

4 Likes

I don’t think we know enough about why you put your foot down to assume you stoped him from parenting we don’t know what happened . However if you are not happy I bet he isn’t either , you need to be making arrangements for you and your kids before it becomes a rushed got to get out now thing . I’m sorry I know it hurts .

2 Likes

did you come off rude to him when you addressed him about how he was handling your kids? maybe you’re wording and tone got him and he feels disrespected because his ways was all he knew- just trying to look at it from his side too
he was trying to be loving and helpful the best way he knew how and you came down too harsh on him- or said something that really hit home with him- that truly disconnected him from you- replay everything you said and how you said it and make sure that’s how you’d like someone to approach you with an issue they had with you- if all that is good then maybe he was triggered and is just too immature to understand that you’re just asking him to back off some and you’re not trying to offend him.

He’s just a boyfriend Not a husband so count your blessings and move on. Why waste any more time… life’s too short so be good to yourself and kids. He’s Not The One For You. Clearly.

8 Likes

Tell him you’re moving out… leaving him. See what he has to say.

Girl move out. He put on a facade to wheel you in and you fell for it. Do not go into a relationship for a long time until you learn to love yourself and respect yourself. And definitely do not move in or allow someone to move in until y’all married. Do not show your kids unhealthy relationships because it does affect them more than ppl realize. I’m going to take a wild guess here his whole demeanor changed completely AFTER you put your foot down correct so if that’s correct it’s because he didn’t think you would do that so when u did he knows he lost some control over you. So now it’s time to save money up and find a new place to live just for you and the kids.

5 Likes

Talk to him.,first.& Gv it cpl wks.he may be tiered.exaustade.& it all new to him Rt.
Maybe.to much to soon

It was to soon. A man’s pride is delicate. You threw him off by standing up for yourself. This may not be fixable, not sure. He was trying to be the man of the house. But you took that from him. Communication and respect is key.

3 Likes

You already know what to do momma

2 Likes

You moved into his home with your children and didn’t discuss parenting? Yeah he’s checked out.

11 Likes

Move out and be happy with your kids

4 Likes

Stop openly dating. Get you, and your kids your own place. Stay single, don’t bring random men around, focus on your family and circumstances until they’re older.

10 Likes

A little over a year is really not a long time. Maybe you should have let him and your kids get to know each other a little better before you gave up yours and your kids home to move into his. Did you have the hard conversations about what it looks like living together and what you each expected? I feel sorry for the kids tbh, it’s them that matter the most and it’s looking like it’s time for another move.

4 Likes

It’s time to go. He has no kids, he’s too strict towards yours and he hasn’t shown you affection during a time period that should still be a kind of “honeymoon” period. Sounds like he lost interest maybe or depressed (could have someone else even…) It isn’t worth it to stay if he won’t communicate and isn’t treating you and your kids as you feel you deserve.

5 Likes

Move out before things get worst

2 Likes

Sounds like my relationship…

My man and me we’re together like 3 months my kids and me moved in my youngest was like 12 oldest was 14 and all worked out great we’re still together and happy . It don’t always matter how long you’re with someone . It will be 16 years Sept 22

I just got paid $6504 working off my laptop this month. And if you think that’s cool, my divorced friend has twin toddlers and made over $ 13468 her first month. It feels so good making so much money when other people have to work for so much less.

This is what I do… https://NethomeJob92.pages.dev/

You just met the guy and you already have him involved with your kids? Sounds dysfunctional. No wonder it’s not working. Maybe you can work on some emotional independence with your individual therapist. There’s no excuse for dragging your kids through your drama

I just got paid $6504 working off my laptop this month. And if you think that’s cool, my divorced friend has twin toddlers and made over $ 13468 her first month. It feels so good making so much money when other people have to work for so much less.

This is what I do… https://NethomeJob138.pages.dev/

Time to move forward. The signs are there. Get out for yourself and your kids

3 Likes

Just because a relationship ends doesn’t mean it wasn’t successful. It’s ok to have things end.

You stood up for your kids so now he’s showing his @ss! Not something you want to save. If he’s not willing to leave, take your kids and go.

Time to go before it gets worse

I just got paid $9314 working off my laptop this month. And if you think that’s cool, my divorced friend has twin toddlers and made over $ 13771 her first month. It feels so good making so much money when other people have to work for so much less.

This is what I do… https://NethomeJob178.pages.dev/

If we it was me I will leave

I just got paid $9314 working off my laptop this month. And if you think that’s cool, my divorced friend has twin toddlers and made over $ 13771 her first month. It feels so good making so much money when other people have to work for so much less.

This is what I do… https://NethomeJob206.pages.dev/

After having a kid of my own and her father not changing and we broke up…I refused to date anyone without kids honestly. I’m now married and just celebrated our first anniversary yesterday. He had two boys of his own and I had my daughter and we also have a baby together. So four kids total. Super stressful but he’s great with all of them. We treat each other’s kids like our own and their raised knowing each other as siblings. Just worked out

1 Like

This was me 11 years ago. I should have left 11 years ago. Leaving now and starting over. It will not change no matter what he says. Good luck :heart:

1 Like

Get out and have time to yourself and your kids

Don’t look to long at a closed door… you will miss the ones that are opening for you

Yiu do what’s best for you and your kids. Some guys just don’t have what it takes to be a family man

1 Like

Move on!! It will only get worse

You need to take care of yourself first. You don’t have too be in a relationship. Focus on you and your kids!

2 Likes

I’m engaged in this because this was how I saw post about Mrs Rochelle Shannon and I decided to give it a try and lucky it went well, I highly recommend her to any one interested in forex trading investment.