My boyfriend wants me to delete every photo of my ex: Thoughts?

Taking it off social media and deleting it completely are two completely separate things. If it were me and I didn’t want to make waves, I would send the photo to a different email address but only I know of so I could look back at it whenever I want. Other than that, it does not need to be part of your current life.

Red flag umm no those are memories for your child tell him to get his shit together or leave baby daddy will always be in your life because of you son he can either deal with it or walk alway

I was the kid with 2 homes and honestly it’s so cool to look back at my parents pictures together with me even pictures of different family members combined. At some point he’ll have to break I had one graduation one wedding and I have bigger birthdays for my kiddos with both of my step parents and parents are there. they aren’t friends but they are nice enough to be in the same room and I couldn’t be more thankful for it!

1 Like

Run! Run FAST! If he’s that way about pictures, I wouldn’t even want think about how he would treat your son.

1 Like

Do not delete!!! New boyfriend has no respect for your child if he is demanding you to delete pictures. Ex is your child’s father, always will be, and if ex is a good loving father to the child, the child deserves every picture and every memory. It’s a part of who this child is and will always be. Shame on your new boyfriend. Super big red flag my friend.

3 Likes

Why does he want that ?

sounds like hes gonna be a control freak. That’s the father of your child you shouldnt have to delete ANY photos regardless if they’re couple photos or whatever. I’d get out of there

1 Like

Fuck him. I let a “man” tell me the same thing, make me feel bad as his gf for it and he up and left eventually and I absolutely regret the fuck out of deleting my kids dads pics. Don’t delete them and if he doesn’t like it OH WELL. He needs to work on his insecurity. That is your child’s father. Period.

If its pics of your ex (baby daddy) an your child then heck no. He’s a boyfriend not your husband.

That’s your sons father. Your son deserves to have those pictures when he grows older. It sounds like “your man” is being jealous, controlling, and a asshole. If he can’t accept the photos, he can’t accept your son. I wouldn’t be in a relationship with a man that is behaving that way solely because that behavior tends to get worse quickly.
Hope everything works out mama, best of luck💞

Those are memories for your child. Yes, he is overreacting

1 Like

Nope. Pics of you and him with your kid and of him and your kid are still important, even if y’all dont get along.
This is just a sign of his own insecurity. Imagine how it could get when your privately communicating with your ex in regards to your child.

1 Like

Absolutely not, Because of the fact you and your ex share a child.

Leave them there he has to get over it!!

No. They are memories than contain your child. It’s not just a picture of the two of you. He needs to chill.

No that is your child father. Your bf is being insecure and immature about it. Your son knows his dad and your new man need to except that and try to co parent and co exist or get out of the picture. That’s a part of being with someone who had kids with another person. He needs to respect that for your son.

1 Like

Run massive red flag

It’s only going to get worse if you stay!

1 Like

I was once a petty bitch and deleted every picture i had with an ex in a stupid fight. Hes now passed away and every day i wish i had something to look back on… keep them pictures trust me.

I had this same problem…hes an ex now. He tried to erase everything about my baby daddy from my kids life. He wasn’t allowed over my house, I could talk to him. It ended up not working

That is wayyy to controlling, how is he going to react when you have to communicate and co-parent. Red flags, run.

If you do decide to delete make an email account with your sons and an easy password and store them for him .
I don’t know how long you’ve been in New relationship but unless there is a ring on my finger thats a hell no and ger lost

Um, you keep those pictures. That’s not his place to tell you to delete them

I’d personally print them out and keep for my child I wouldn’t get rid of them can understand both sides but yah they are your past and your son is both u and ur exs so he would definitely love to have these pics no need for them on social media any more

1 Like

Find a new man he’s insecure in a control freak. Your past is yours he can’t erase that nor your memories. However your son won’t hold the same memories as he was probably very young and those pictures. Tell him to get over it

In my opinion this is a huge red flag .Sounds like he’s trying to control you

1 Like

That’s a NO… those photos are your child’s treasure. There is an album in my love daughter’s room, in my house, of when my husband was with her mom and all their memories. They’re not framed or on the wall, she keeps them in an album. I have no right or say how or what she should do with them, they’re hers, not my husbands. Even now, if she ever wanted a picture of her with both her parents she has the right to request. If I was was brave enough to marry a person with kids then I should embrace everything and everyone that comes with him… and they will always be part of his life no matter what. Your bf needs to respect your kid and you need to make sure he does so.

2 Likes

I broke up with my Ex back in October he’s my sons and daughters dad and I left Bc of the domestic violence. I deleted pics out of my phone but I also have them on my Facebook in a different album and it’s hidden. My kids have pics of them and their dad and all of us in photo books. Those are memories for the kids.

1 Like

I would creat a file for your son and send any pic to it . As for actual photos around the house , I would limit ones of him and his father to his room and put away any family pics with you in them in a for later box for your son . I get he may not want it in his face but your boyfriend has to understand it’s your sons father and that’s never going to change.

1 Like

Run, no way he should ask that of you!!

2 Likes

Hell no. I have a few pics up in my home of me and my kids dad. As I also have some of hubby with his ex and kids. We co-parent. It is rude and disrespectful for anyone to ask you to do this. I have never deleted photos of me and my ex off of my page and neither has my husband. We are not threatened by the ex spouse. I would be careful. A narcissist is hell to live with.

3 Likes

He is overstepping. That will always be your sons father so he better get used to it. I’ll be damned if my son can’t have photos of his own dad.
Another thing noone is going to do is tell me what to do or what I can or can’t have!!

If it’s not provocative then he need to let it go.

1 Like

That’s just controlling right there and hell no !

2 Likes

Go to CVS and download them on a disc so you will always have them for him

This individual needs to leave this relationship immediately. That is controlling and manipulating behavior right there and it will only get worse.

1 Like

His narcissistic & controlling run as fast as you can in the opposite direction

1 Like

Nope. That man in those pictures with your kid is still an important person in your child’s life and is your co-parent. Your new man is toxic and you should be careful. Stay safe,

2 Likes

Definitely not over reacting. I wouldn’t. That is still the father of your child and hopefully things are peacefully between you two and coparenting is working out. He shouldn’t have even of made that demand if he’s still a part of your child’s life.

That sounds a bit controlling to be honest . He should be ok with the fact that you had a past before him, and that it is the past. That was a chapter of your life, you can’t erase it , it really shouldn’t bother him this much in my opinion. Unless this ex was abusive or is making things miserable for you two. But if you have a healthy relationship, something like that shouldn’t bother him this much.

He’s really insecure about something. Keep the pictures if nothing else for your son. If you want to appease your new boyfriend and get rid of the pictures put them on a memory stick and give them to someone to hold onto for your son.

print them and put them in a book for your child…

and insecure relationships turn into controlling relationships… js

1 Like

Um no… You do have a son together and those pics will be priceless to ur son… Boyfriend seems really controlling

I see a lot of suggesting from people about deleting the photos. All I can say is that im with you. I dont think you should have to delete the photos AT ALL. He is intimidated. He is coming across as controlling. Its a red flag. Be careful.

how about delete your bf in the pic now?:wink: he’s so demanding…no way i delete…pictures are pictures of memories.
so that he wont get jealous why not make another account for just you and him now…that if you still choose him to stay in your life.

That is your child’s father unless there is a reason you have to put them away, no one should ask you too

1 Like

First off the boyfriend needs to understand yhis is YOUR child’s father!! That fact will not change…EVER!! He needs to back off or there will be huge problems in the future over his attitude! I do suggest you have your son pick some favorite photos to frame for his room. I also suggest you fix him a photo album for those pictures of his dad for him. He will appreciate it and be able to add to it over the years. If there is a surplus just save them on a disk for him.

1 Like

No, its the past. Your new BF might have some insecurity issues he needs to deal with. And that person (your son’s father) will always be a part of your life.

1 Like

He sounds very controlling and that would be a red flag for me. He sounds like he has alot of self work to do, especially in regards to his insecurities.

That is their father.

Get away from this guy…what else is he going to demand?? RUN!!!

Don’t. I did that cause of my ex about my daughters father and he was killed in a car accident. I only have a few left to show my daughter. I regret deleting all the videos and pics I ever had.

1 Like

No you have a child together good that your child sees you dont hate there dad and its his way of trying to control now all i can say is leave wont end there i spent along time with my kids dad very controlling eventually i was no longer scared of him or to be alone vest freedom i ever got inbox open u need to chat x

It would be different if he wasn’t your sons father… but I’d say your boyfriend needs to grow up in this situation as it’s not about the two of you relationship, it’s about the child. One day your child is probably going to appreciate a few family pics

2 Likes

Red flag. Get away from this boyfriend, been there with an ex and it escalates big time. Hope you are okay x

1 Like

My ex deleted them. My 6 year old has seen his dad 2 times. Their dad isn’t involved and now my ex and i arent together even though we have a 3 year old together. Sometimes i wish her dad hadnt done that but the boys dont care and consider their sisters dad their dad. My ex was also very controlling. Maybe save the pics on a zip drive or something so they arent seen but you still have them

1 Like

He’s not worth Being boyfriend material he’s a manipulator and a narcissist get rid of him Take care of yourself and your kids

4 Likes

Keep them for your son

2 Likes

Your new boyfriend sounds very controlling and jealous. Be careful

2 Likes

Don’t regret doing that now me and my ex ain’t together and now I have no memories for my kids of there father all because that damn ex boyfriend

Put all pictures saved on private. So it’s doesn’t appear. And when you son grow up he has the memories that u saved.

1 Like

Print them off, put them in a photo album for your son and delete them off your phone? That should be a fair compromise.

3 Likes

Leave that man and run girl

3 Likes

I think it’s good to keep them personally. My daughter was 7 and came across my old wedding album she looked at me and said look mommy daddy used to like you. I laughed so hard. I thought it was good that she could see at one point that we had gotten along. I still have many photos of my kids father. Some I have given back to him but I didnt destroy them.

On my Facebook I have pics of my son and his bio dad and a whole album of our “family” photos for my son I also have pic of us when we were younger just incase my son ever wants them

I’m with everyone else he sounds jealous and controlling run girl run

2 Likes

Ummmmm your child needs to know their father. Needs to know they aren’t being replaced. If this new bf is trying to erase that its going to hurt your child more than anyone else. And thats disgusting. Tell that man child to grow up

What a insecure little f**k ur boyfriend is lol

2 Likes

Ummm,no . That’s still the father. Imo a child should see a somewhat healthy relationship ( co- parenting) . Your new guy is insurance… that’s a him problem.

1 Like

What’s more important your new bf or pictures of what use to be?? your ex can keep the pictures if he would like and give them to your son when he is older. No reason for you to keep them all.

1 Like

I have shown each of my kids a picture of their sperm donors but never kept pictures of them.

1 Like

I’d run far away. He seems very jealous.

1 Like

You need to tell him to kiss ass and kick rocks FAST!!

Time for a new boyfriend. That’s totally unacceptable. You should be able to have past pictures of, and even a current friendship with (conditions permitting of course) with you child’s other parent. Jealousy won’t disappear, only get worse with time…

2 Likes

My boyfriend has seen the pictures of my ex and our son and I don’t wanna delete them because that’s my ex’s son. He understands that. We don’t argue or fight about it at all.

He needs to man up and accept he’s his dad or get on his bike & ride away.

Personally I’d remove them & respect his wishes. Like why do you need them? If it’s for your son then print a few off but at the end of the day, If he is a good enough father then he will have all those memories ready for your son?!

I still have pictures oh my kids dad and i take most of them out kids are in the picture my husband knows and knows I won’t get rid of them bc the kids were young when their dad and I went separate ways and I told him I only kept them for the kids to have when they are older. My mom has been divorced from my dad for 20+ years and remarried for over 20 yrs and she still had pics of my dad and his family

this is a control issue. This is your red flag.

1 Like

My pics of my ex husband are still in my album on fb. I don’t have any pics displayed in my home and my wedding album and video is in storage, but that is memories for them to have when they get older. I will not get rid of them. I am in a happy relationship and he knows I still have them. You should keep the pics and toss the new guy.

1 Like

Ask yourself if this was your dearest close friend telling you that a new guy she started dating demands that she take down all pictures of her kids dad what would you say to her?

Also if you feel it’s best to take down (if you can’t just make them for only your view) try to email them to yourself or save them on hard drive because you or your son may end up sad if you lose them all completely forever.

Me and my ex have been separated 2 years and divorced a few months. I still have pictures of us together, us with our children and of him by himself and with our kids. My current fiance doesn’t mind.

1 Like

He’s over reacting and he needs to grow up. There’s nothing wrong with your child being able to see pictures of his mom and dad when they were together, even before he was thought of. I took down all my pictures of JUST me and my ex but they’re saved on a hard drive so that my kids can have them if they want them when they’re older. Old family pictures of all of us together are still on my social media. We’re allowed to have a past, a history and it does not need to be censored just to make someone else feel better about themselves.

You can’t erase your past!!

1 Like

No… ditch the boyfriend…HUGE RED FLAG! If those pictures are not in shared common areas with your boyfriend…they are none of his business. That is your child’s father…a real man would understand that fact.

3 Likes

You need to be done leave him he sounds very controlling an jealous.

3 Likes

Sounds like you have an insecure,controlling boyfriend I wouldn’t erase your past relationship that’s not fair to your son that where he came from

2 Likes

Don’t do it! It’s not fair to your child.

2 Likes

Your new bf is very insecure!

1 Like

I have a photo album in my closet for just that! Photos with dad& some are mom and dad. I’d never get rid of them. They aren’t for me. They are for my children… :sneezing_face:

How would you feel if the shoe was on the other foot? If you don’t feel it would bother you then leave them if you think it would bother you then maybe you should remove them

Really?!? You and your ex have to coparent together. Your new bf needs to respect that. If he wants to be in your life he needs to join the team. My family (mom, dad, etc) have my ex and his mom over for Xmas and Easter and my husband has always respected this. Get a new bf.

Nope don’t do it, u can put them on private, he’s just a boyfriend and those r ur memories, do not let him control u, u will regret it

My ex is my sons dad. We split when my sons was 8 months old. He did see him a handful of times before he left the island and completely ghosted my son. I have a few pictures on my Facebook of him when they had those few visits together.

I also have a few pictures of my daughter and her dad on my page as well.

My husband does not mind. He does not say anything about it either.

he is being ridiculous. It is your sons father.

Meh. Delete the boyfriend instead. Sounds like a drama queen. Pictures of your children with their father will be precious to them in the future.

3 Likes

He’s an asshole. Period. Your son has a father and you shouldn’t have deleted the ones of the 3 of you. Thats your sons mom and dad, I bet your son would like to have those some day. Your boyfriend is POS

Insecure and it’s only gonna get worse…leave

1 Like

Step 1 - get a new boyfriend
Step 2 - get over your ex

3 Likes

You know what to do. Enough said