My boyfriend won't do anything with me that he did with his ex: Thoughts?

Why would you want a child with him?

:sweat_smile: please do not have a child with him. Do yourself a favor and move on before you end up pregnant with his baby and you’re stuck with him in your life. Find a man who isn’t thinking about their ex.

13 Likes

Are you just desperate? A sucker for less?
Ughhhhhhh move in mate! Like today!

I don’t know who is laughing but this is not funny. She feels from this post like she is not loved. That he loves his ex still. I would say if he can not commit then leave. The heartache isn’t worth it

6 Likes

Tell him that train left the station. Time to move on

1 Like

Sorry this man has problems. Get away ASAP.

2 Likes

Run chick run as fast and as far as you can

5 Likes

He sounds like a d*ck!

2 Likes

Do not have a child with him. Do get checked out for your peace of mind. You are a closet girlfriend, he doesn’t want to be with you in public. I have been in that type of relationship and it is a dead end. Sounds like he isn’t over his ex yet. AND why doesn’t he want to be checked?? Does he have an STD?? Take care of yourself for your children’s sake.

4 Likes

Sounds like a waste man

Tell him he breathed when with her so he better stop now! Sounds like a man child! Tell him to grow up and act a man

7 Likes

You need someone in your life that shows you respect. This man doesn’t seem to get it.

3 Likes

A true partnership is give and take on both sides and a lot of compromise. If he’s unwilling to give and all he does is take you don’t need him in your life. You can’t pour from an empty cup you need someone who’s willing to help refill your cup. Sounds to me like he ain’t it.

1 Like

Every relationship is different. Why would you want your relationship to be like the o e he had with his ex-wife? Clearly that didn’t work out. Focus on building your own relationship and not trying to make your relationship like a past relationship.
Maybe she was mean or hurtful to him about his cooking.
If you’ve been together and both already have children why do you need to be tested for anything? If you’re cycle isn’t regularly that’s no reason for him to need any type of testing.
This relationship sounds way too unstable to bring a child into the mix.

3 Likes

Thats weird as fuck. If leave

Sounds like he still attracted to her…You need to find someone who would love to do things for YOU …you are so worthy of this…Leave this MF …and. Dont look back…

2 Likes

Why waste your time struggling something you will never have leave might hurt now but true happiness isn’t with this guy now make your choice!!!

1 Like

Get out. What he used to do before he won’t now?! Rediculous. Has he stoped eating showering hobbies, etc? No, he’s just found a way out of being a responsible adult and contributing partner. You’ll turn into his servant soon. He’ll make it out like you’re the bad person for expecting him to pull his own weight. sounds pretty Narcisstic himself.

5 Likes

But you’re going to continue to bring a child into this🤦🏻‍♀️

1 Like

Next time he wants sex refuse as he done it with her

5 Likes

You obviously know his behavior is balogna. Why continue to accept it?

2 Likes

Sounds like he isn’t over her, you are wasting your time.

5 Likes

Sounds like he’s really the narc. Classic triangulation

4 Likes

Why are you even still entertaining him??

I actually married into a family of Narcissist’s and over the course of 12 years I have had the pleasure of learning all there is to know about this behavior and here’s what I can tell you.
No amount of love in the world is worth what this behavior does to your mental state and from what you just described, it’s not the ex with the behavioral problem, it’s him. Please do not let this man mind fuck you into believing the ex is the one with the problem. He’s clearly the one with the issue and you cannot compete with this. The best thing you can do for yourself, your child, and this crazy man, is to just leave.

Lord Child :woman_facepalming:t2: why are you still with a man that clearly is still in love with his Ex.
You need to come to terms with it and leave him.
Find someone that will love you and not give you lame excuses!! He sounds like a peach :roll_eyes:

I think you need to decide if you really want a partner who refuses to do any normal home life or relationship stuff Bc of an ex. Do not have any children with him Bc he’s clearly not ready to really be with you. You’re already off and on for years do you really think your relationship ship is in the best position to try for a baby? They don’t help already strained relationships.

2 Likes

Sounds like to him no one will ever replace or take her place in his heart.

1 Like

Some of these questions make me wonder about the well being of y women after hearing him answer to things in this manner why are u even considering continuing a relationship far less bring a new child into this relationship he obviously isn’t prepared to wholly give himself to u so why would u step up to sacrifice your body to have a man that has to compare his last relationship as a guide as to what he is willing and not willing to do. Do better and respect yourself more cuz u cant be serious.

He doesn’t respect you, so respect yourself enough to make a change

Hes too wrapped up in his ex and showing you that she means more to him than you do you need to run. If yall have been off and on already then I wouldnt even consider kids with him.

1 Like

He sounds like the narcissist. I’d leave this relationship tbh.

1 Like

Please do not have a child with a man child. That is so immature and he is still under her spell. No you’re not wrong for how you feel. He’s immature.

next time he wants sex say no thanks only my ex has tested that and it shall stay that way

4 Likes

Oh honey…get outta there. Why are you putting up with that garbage?

You need to sit down calmly with him and just ask him why is it that he refuses to do things with you that he did with his “ex”? There has to be a valid reason. Men are pretty simple people, in that what you see is what you get. By no means does it imply that he is still madly in love with his ex.
Make sure that neither of you has anywhere to run off to, so that you can really talk properly after it with no recriminations. If you feel brave enough and really want to lay out all your feelings then ask him straight out if he’s still in love with his ex and that you would rather know than continue living the way you are now. It is the best thing he could do for you if it’s true, even though it will hurt like hades. He owes you that.
Some men (and women) just don’t like to revisit places that bring back bad memories, vibes or energy but don’t like sharing it either because it makes others think that they’re weak.
Maybe he is scared to have another child in case your relationship breaks up and he only gets to see this child half time as well. When you talk remain calm no matter what he says or how he says it. Acknowledge any and all his real and perceived complaints
You need to open up those lines of communication between the two of you and lay all your cards on the table, so to speak and hopefully everything will work out beautifully for you both.
Maybe even consider Relationship Counselling. Good luck