My child has become aggressive towards me: Advice?

Ignore the head banging as he wants attention. Give him time out for bad behavior

I would start with the Dr. Prayers for you and your child. :heart:

1 Like

Try a really good ass whooping. My grandson used to do that to me when he first came to live with meā€¦he would throw a fit if he did not get his way. Falling down screamingā€¦like you explained. I kept telling he he was going to do that one dayā€¦ And l was going to really give him something to scream about.

Well that day cameā€¦l took a metal ruler l had and whopped his ass til l got tiredā€¦he only tried that screaming crap one more time. He he finally figured out he was going to have to behave his self, cause he was not just going to get what he wanted when he wanted it. He settled down and we started having fun and learning stuffā€¦and going to cub scouts, and movies. He was with me 8 years. By the time he was in the 7 the grade the school he was.in wanted him to take college courses.

What is missed now days is children need correction. Instead of giving into them and giving them everything they wantā€¦make them earn it.

I would recommend Speech therapy consult from your pediatrician as soon as possible. (I am a speech therapist)

Ignore the behavior and spend time with him.

1 Like

TGry giving him melatonin at night. Itā€™s recommended by pediatricians .

I think this is pretty much 2 year old behavior! In about a year or so heā€™ll be sweet again, but itā€™s called the ā€œterrible 2ā€™sā€ for a reason. Hang on there!:woozy_face:

Cut that ass like they did before pc world came about.

3 Likes

He is probably needing more attention from you

1 Like

A good ass whoopin will stop all of that everytime he do it whoop that ass i bet heā€™ll stop

They donā€™t call it terrible twos for nothing

Contact your doctor and see if he can suggest a therapist or childhood counselor for him.

I would ask pediatrician for advice

He is spoiledā€¦ and no attention is better than noneā€¦

Have him tested for autism

1 Like

When my daughter threw tantrums, I did too. If sheā€™s crying, I ask her why or whatā€™s wrong. If she whines, I whine back, and she laughs. When they ask you to play,bit doesnā€™t matter how tired you are, read a book, play with them, make that time for them. Youā€™ll see a huge change and redirection works wonders on top of talking to them. Iā€™ve been a single mom and raising my daughter on my own. Youā€™ll be surprised at how much they understand and what they can teach you

1 Like

Discipline him. At daycare there are daily routines and rules for everyone. He needs discipline, rules and a routine at home. Be the parent and discipline him. I worked with kids for a while and most of the toddlers were well behaved at the chreche, but total monsters at home because mommy and daddy didnā€™t lay down the law. Bend the tree while its still small.

3 Likes

Just walk away and leave the roomā€¦

1 Like

For sure. Ignore ALL tantrums. Give punishment and walk away. Buy some baby gates, double em up for time out sessions in his room or for when his tantrum are way out of control. My son literally is just starting to get over doing everything you said except for the sleeping part. He sleeps with big brother and they sleep threw the night. But his tantrums were bad. Head against the wall, floor, sliding glass door, whatever was close. I ignore him completely, or take him to do another task. Play with stuff or eat a snack. Etc. Depending on the situation. Good luck. Itā€™s tough to deal with.

Sounds like autism or aspbergergers

1 Like

He is a two year old. The terrible twoā€™s

1 Like

Sounds like he doesnā€™t like day care ā€¦

it is called terrible twoā€™s!

A good old fashioned crack on the ass. Parents have become too dam soft

6 Likes

Spank him next time he does it. Bet he quits.

Talk to your drā€¦ 1st

1 Like

He misses you and is mad that you are gone for so long. He is acting out for your aattention.

Have him checked for autism

2 languageā€™s can be hard at first. It could be he doesnā€™t understand.

Call your doctor!!! Facebook is not the answer

he is neglected! he needs to spend time with his mother, you canā€™t be out working all the time and throw him into daycare or have your parents babysit him and then expect him to be fine.

Try a spanking! Damn how hard is it to TEACH your children RESPECT!

Just someone with personal experience with such issues. My now 14 year old son did the same thing and it got worse and worse. Took him to doctor and he was diagnosed with autism. Lots of therapy and teaching myself new ways to handle my son and now he is mostly under control. It got much worse before it got better but keep your head up mama

12 Likes

I raised 4 sons, nursed them all, had them in bed with me to nurse then they slept in a bassinet for 1st 3 months, after that they were in their own room in a crib and I nursed them either in my bed during the night or in a rocking chair. They loved to be nest me and touch my face or hold my hand etc. Children need the nurturing but need to be weaned way before 1 years old. 6months is even too old. My last child had terrible separation anxiety as I let him sleep with me too long. My husband worked midnights 7 days a week during those times. Your circumstances are occurring cause as they get older they learn quick how to manipulate Mom. If itā€™s just you and him you need to get him a bed or crib he cannot get out of. You are going to have to go through a really hard time. He will scream and cry. Explain to him he needs to sleep in his own bed cause hes a big boy now. You will loose some sleep and it may take a week or so but dont give up. Put him in the crib with lots of hugs and kisses a book, a song, maybe soothing music. You can come to him several times to reassure him. Try not to pick him up. Go to him less and less every night. Say calmly its sleepytime Mommyā€™s right here. Go to sleep. Eventually it will work. You can rub his back sit beside crib bit donā€™t take him out until itā€™s time to get up. Good luck

5 Likes

As someone whoā€™s career is working with children with autism, it sounds like he could be showing some early signs of autism . When children Canā€™t communicate their needs it may lead to aggression. If you find out that he is on the autism spectrum I encourage you to seek ABA therapy as soon as possible. Early intervention is key ! Please feel free to reach out !

4 Likes

Talk to his pediatrician and see if they will provide you with a referral to a developmental pediatrician. My 8 year old did these same things from the time he was about 10 months old, along with a few other things like not making eye contact. It took 4 years to finally get a diagnosis, but we were finally told he is autistic. Now with the proper therapy, medications, plans, and programs he is a new child and so much easier to handle.

3 Likes

I have 3 kids my youngest child turned 2 in September, the crying, and fits are normal. The aggression is probably a result of daycare, the head banging is a whole other issue in itself, along with the lack of speech. At 2 a decent vocabulary is expected, like cookie, fish, no, yes. I would consult your pediatrician.

2 Likes

I taught my oldest (30 now) how to throw a proper tantrum. She never did it again. I showed her how to lay on her belly and kick her feet and pound her fists. Donā€™t know if she thought I was ridiculous or it was just too much, but it worked. Told her if sheā€™s gonna throw a tantrum she will at least amuze me with it

Hello, I am a mom of 6 plus my bonus child, so 7 kids total. I feel like all of these comments are going to have you panicked thinking something is wrong with your child and that really may not be the case! Most places do not recommend testing for autism until children are a little older, pre school and kindergarten age. This is because toddlers do not have the cognitive ability to know how to display their emotions. He throws these tantrums and acts this way because he cannot communicate and doesnā€™t know how to properly display emotions. When he starts try to talk to him, identify his emotions, ā€œI can see you are not happy, do you need a hug?ā€. He could be acting out because he needs more attention from you.

I do think you need to address the fact he isnā€™t talking yet. Does he say any words? At age 2 they should be using 2 to 3 word sentences and should be able to be understood mostly. I noticed delays in my step sons speech and had his dad get him evaluated, he is in speech therapy now at 3. And all of those people telling you that bilingual children are typically delayed is just not true. Studies have proven they develop at the same rate as other children when it comes to speech development, but he could be confusing what language to use to communicate especially if you are using multiple languages in his safe place. I would definitely get a referral to having hearing and speech checked. (They wonā€™t check speech without checking hearing)

Otherwise, just be patient, twos are absolutely terrible for most kids, 3ā€™s arenā€™t much better, but they do get better!

If heā€™s 2 years old and not speaking yet you may want to talk to your pediatrician. It could be that heā€™s having speech delays ( can be indicative of larger problem) and heā€™s frustrated because he canā€™t communicate with you. Has no way but crying to tell you somethings wrong. If discipline isnā€™t working then time to try something else.

Look up conscious discipline by Becky Bailey. It works. My 4 year old was doing the same thing but only when he didnā€™t get his way. Now we breathe it out. If he sees you calmly sitting there breathing he will start breathing too. He goes to time out and when he is done and calm we talk about it. It will take time, nothing is instant.

My son started talking at 6 months. Over two years old seems very old to be nonverbal. Next time he tries to hurt his head, put a helmet on him and tell him itā€™s not coming off until he learns how to behave, stop acting like a baby. My sisterā€™s neiceā€™s did not talk at Age 2, and they would not give her cake or toys or anything she wanted until she made an attempt to talk instead of just saying ā€œooā€. Now she talks Non-Stop, but she had to be coerced to speak.

Back in the olden days, he would get a swat on the butt and told to stop it. But today you will spend millions having him analyzed!

Sounds like separation disorder perhaps someone is being mean to him when your not around

Heā€™s 2ā€¦ He misses his mommy an DOESNā€™T know what else to do !!

2 Likes

Testing. Stop sleeping together. He needs to see you as authority.

His rear end needs attention from a good spanking!

Give him a slap and be the parent!!

Turning to social media for a serious issue like this means youā€™re looking for attention. Get counseling ASAP

He sounds autistic to be honest. Iā€™ve been around and worked a bit with kids who did exactly what you described. Take him to his pediatrician and have him tested. My oldest son was finally tested for adhd (heā€™s almost 8 ) and low and behold he has it along with other things. It doesnā€™t make you a bad mother and in fact may help him feel better and learn to express himself better if he tests autistic and and you learn how to handle him

Check adhd, or atism

Give that boy a good whippin

I agree with Vivian Marie .

1 Like

Ignore ignore ignore the bad behavior

Spank you crotch goblin!

Whoop his ass good every day

I really respect you for reaching outā€¦ Iā€™m a retired social worker, & hereā€™s what I think. Do not listen to random people, take him to his pediatrician. Two is difficult, but donā€™t acknowledge his bad behavior. If heā€™s okay at daycare, I would suggest that he wants more attention from you. Thatā€™s understandable but he needs to learn that bad behavior wonā€™t be tolerated or rewarded. He doesnā€™t need a therapist unless your pediatrician recommends it.

Ignore attention seeking behaviors

God put a butt on them for two reasons .One to sit on and one for discipling. WHOOP that butt.

2 Likes

Terrible 2ā€™s. Ignore his behavior by leaving the room. No audience no fun. Tell him when he is finished acting poorly you will come back in the room. He needs to not sleep with you. Lack of sleep can cause a lot of issues.

If he is not verbal yet he is most likely frustrated. I would speak to your doctor and get a referral for a speech pathologist

3 Likes

Sounds like most 2 yr olds going through the struggle of learning and attempting to communicate but arent able to do so yetā€¦but i think you need to take some personal time and spend time with the babyā€¦some may be just wanting attentionā€¦he wants time with you that doesnt include getting him dressed to be sent away againā€¦he knws exactly what that morning routine leads toā€¦separationā€¦when he acts out find a positive way to correct itā€¦we usually did time outs and when time out was over i take the time to sit and talk about why they did what they didā€¦and what happened due to them acting outā€¦there wasnt alot of talking more head shaking then anything but i still took time to understandā€¦you need to take more time for your babyā€¦he is at an age where he is learning and exploring and your mommaā€¦your the main person most babies wanna share and experience withā€¦take more time out of your day for him pleaseā€¦and take time to calmly talk about the way he is acting ( after) the outburstsā€¦

4 Likes

Help him use his words. When he wants a sippy say the word to him. Ask him " drink" or cup" and ask him to repeat it back to you. Always remind him gently to use his words. Also he misses you and wants some love and attention. I realize you maybe tired. But you have to make time for him to have your undevided attention. Read to him play patty cake. Tickle him play with cars with him on the floor. Good luck

3 Likes

Heā€™s 2 and it sounds like he never sees you I think itā€™s normal since he canā€™t communicate try to get him to use his words

4 Likes

He is unhappy and showing you the only way he knows how. He doesnā€™t know how to process it, nor cope. So you have to do it for him. Help him say what he is feeling and tell him it is okay to be mad. It is okay to be sad. But he has to tell you and do it right.

3 Likes

Try baby signing time videos, very helpful to communicate.

If heā€™s not speaking yet, at 2, he should really be in speech therapy. It also sounds like he may need behavioral support at home. If youā€™re in the US, his doctor should have already recommended some type of early intervention program. If you donā€™t start the therapy early everyone pays for it later. Not being able to communicate or having the techniques to handle the frustration that comes with that is a rough road for anyone to navigate, much less a small child. Please, get that baby the help he needs.

2 Likes

Heā€™s asking for for moms attention, itā€™s his way of showing you he misses you and wants your attention.

3 Likes

He misses you and he is acting out

ur preggers my friend

It sounds like he is having separation anxiety due to not spending much time with you. If he is spending all his time in daycare or with your mother, except to sleep, then he may miss you. Try spending more time with him and be patient with him. Itā€™s not uncommon for children to act out at this age. I will say it doesnā€™t sound like heā€™s being aggressive towards you, so thatā€™s a good thing. If youā€™re truly worried about his behavior, itā€™s worth taking him to see his pediatrician to rule out any issues.

1 Like

He misses you, heā€™s wanting your attention. Try to spend quality time with him when you can.

1 Like

This sounds like autism. These were all signs I saw in my son.

I think he needs his and kisses and some extra time with mamma sounds like he is missing you and needs your attention. Unless he does it with everyone else too.

Does he love going to day care could be something is going on at Daycare he could be being bullied at daycare can you take a day off to spend quality time with him maybe take a day off and have some fun with him or talk to the daycare he is acting out for some reason maybe talk to your doctor is he getting enough sleep could be he is really missing you

If he is not verbal yet you should have him tested for autism.

I suggest cutting back ur hours at work. If the only time he sees u is when ur getting him ready for daycare hes probably throwing a fit cause he just wants to spend time with u n the longer he throws a fit ,the longer it takes to get readyā€¦meaning he gets a little more time with his mommy.Also get rid of the bottle. Hes to old for that.

1 Like

I think it may be separation anxiety, speak with your childs doctor and I encourage you to set a dedicated time where both of you are cuddled in and talking. Or a hands on activity. This way he knows there is some consistency and feels that he still has a special time with mom.

2 Likes

Asking for advice online is probably not best to be honest. No one knows your child like you and your mother. Every child is different. I can see three areas that would concern me. First, sleeping with your child makes it hard for both of you to sleep well. Even if you get a pack and play next to your bed is better then same bed. Self soothing is important at this age. Second, there is no way you work from dusk till dawn everyday. If you work nights or evenings you need to spend mornings with your child. It seems like he is missing you and canā€™t verbally express it. How you feel to be dropped at day care by mom then picked up by grandma and not seeing mom till next morning. At two years you can teach him what day care is teaching him in mornings. Third, rule of thumb if a behavior is rewarded it continues. Giving into his demands at night or during the day is rewarded as soon as you acknowledge heā€™s doing it. Ignore ignore ignore bad behavior. Unless harmful or hurting others.

I remember how much my son wanted and needed my attention at that age. Heā€™s 8 now and still craves it bc Iā€™m his mom. Without knowing your kiddo or anything else, my first thought is that your son deeply misses you.

Deff keep an eye on that my daughter was the same way took her to therapy at 4 and in about 6 months after that they diagnosed her with adhd and odd (oppositional defiant disorder) she been taking meds for about 3 years and still goes to therapy and she has improved tremendously

Itā€™s the terrible twos but also separation anxiety you spend too little time with him and he is expressing his anger over this Seeing you only at night come in what did you expect

The fact that you said ā€œorder him to doā€ says a lot about why your child is being aggressive. You are annoyed your child wants to hold your finger? I see a baby screaming for attention. Not a misbehaved child.

My daughter used to throw temper tantrums fall on the floor screaming kicking banging her head I tried everything Until one day I threw myself down on the floor kicking screaming rolling around just like her she got up started laughing at me and never did it againā€¦ My mum told me that that is what she did when I used to do it

You are your childā€™s safe place. He knows he can take his frustration out on you and heā€™ll still be safe. Just discipline accordingly and give him time. Youā€™ll both get through this :heart:

Unfortunately this is actually very common and not outside of the norm for this age. Talk to you pediatrician about how to handle it.

This is the development of free will starting. It is a difficult stage. My son tried banging his head on the floor until he fell when he was playing outside. He got a goose egg on his forehead. Then he decided to have a temper tantrum and banged his head right on his goose egg. He never did that again! It is too bad you have to work so hard but this is a stage he will outgrow and turn into a lovely loving child. You have to be firm but loving with him. I joke about my theory about child raising. One obnoxious stage is replaced by an equally obnoxious stage. This too shall pass. Also my kids would come to life at bedtime when they had my undivided attention and I would be totally exhausted. I would lie down beside them read them a story and pretend to fall asleep. They would try to keep me awake and engaged but eventually give up and fall asleep themselves. Cut yourself some slack.

I work childrenā€™s mental health. Mitzi Addis is correct further down this string. Take him to his primary care physician. Ask him to rule out anything that can physically be going on with him. If there is nothing physically wrong I would have him assessed at a mental health facility that you trust. Please get him a helmet for the times he wants to hit his head against the floor. Also please know that no professional would ever diagnosis a child from the small bit I just read.

Does he have his own space in your room ? Have you sought professional help ? Ask his pedestrian. God bless you all

He misses you. You need to find another job. It wonā€™t happen over night, I know. You need to pray about it and make it a priority. Your son needs you.

iF YOU DONā€™T WANT TO SPANK HIS LITTLE BUTT YOU COULD TRY WALKING AWAY AND IGNORING HIM UNTIL HE GOES TO SLEEP OR TRIES A BETTER BEHAVIOR!

Try ignoring him and walk away from him or turn your back like you are not paying attention. He may stop when he does not get a reaction. I promise it is harder on you than him. I think it will work. It will take a few times to break the behavior.

He knows itā€™s time to leave him. Maybe after you get Home. you could spend about 1 hr. With him no one else around and play,read,let him know this his time only every night.

He probably just misses you! Make the effort to have more time at home with him.

Maybe something is going on in daycare, he sure does not get the attention he needs at daycare they donā€™t have time for each child

Normal. Not fun, but normal. Do not tolerate and it will stop.

Either he is autism or heā€™s crying for your attention. U are away from him too long. A child needs mom from Newborn to about 5 years old.

Sounds like heā€™s figured out itā€™s a way to get your attention and for you to interact with him

Spare the rod spoil the child. Children need to be chastised as the Lord also does his children itā€™s not punishing them itā€™s letting them know that behavior is completely unacceptable!! Your welcome!!

My Mother said ā€œDo You Want ME to Give YOU something to cry Aboutā€??? Lesson Learned! Old School Works!