My childs daycare provider tested positive for COVID: Advice?

Probably not helpful but my entire family got Covid from our daughters daycare teacher. Soooo if you’re concerned, I’d get everyone tested

1 Like

Was the daycare provider wearing a mask while working?? The health department should know of her contacts through employment and reached out to you with a plan… usual isolation for 10/14 days from the exposure, you need to mask taking care of your child, or you begin your isolation of 24 days after his 10 days (as he is symptomatic!)… if daycare wasn’t madking pre diagnosed after closed for cleaning ang in many cases the 14 days hope they begin or it’s time to research no arrangements ASAP… it’s not going away any time this year even

If he’s been exposed & has symptoms, good chance he has it. 2 week quarantine & monitor his symptoms.

Our daycare provider was diagnosed with covid the week before Thanksgiving. Both my children and myself were exposed. We quarantined the 14 days. My daycare provider ended up with other family issues during her quarantine period and was closed longer than the 14 days. Our children went back as soon as she opened back up. No one else in daycare showed any symptoms, either.

Yes we just had this . All three of my kids tested positive and had no symptoms not even a runny nose . Make sure your whole family quarantine for 14 days from the onset of his symptoms. You all should probably be tested .

2 Likes

My sons daycare provider tested positive. They had symptoms the last day he was there. We quarantined him for 10 days and called his doctor’s office. They didn’t see the need in getting him tested. Honestly I didn’t either because he didn’t have any symptoms. I didn’t want to put him through that if I didn’t have to.

Get your son ans entire family tested, it’s free! some clinics do the less invasive nose swab that does not go all way the back, and some do a saliva test. Why take the chance of spreading it when testing is available?

1 Like

Have him tested and he needs to quarantine for 10-14 days.

2 Likes

At my sons school they had a teacher and 2 students test positive one being in his class. My sons didn’t get covid. We haven’t returned yet due to holiday break. Set to return Monday.

Have your child tested, can’t make decisions until you know

2 Likes

Call the babys Dr. Don’t rely on internet people to tell you how to parent. Follow your gut…follow how you feel as a momma❤

7 Likes

Your child needs to be tested and your whole household should quarantine.
Board of health should determine when the daycare can reopen

1 Like

You need to have your child tested. I wouldn’t have them return until you have.

1 Like

As long as your child doesn’t have symptoms they should be ok! Just monitor them!

Anyone know more of the common signs in there little ones? 2 of my kids ( 4 and 2) woke up super snotty / congested today. No fevers yet buuut kind of has me worried we live with my 72yr old grandmother

Call your child’s doctor and have him/her tested. You can’t just say “it’s just a cold” as some symptoms are similar. If you don’t, your child could be spreading to others in the household and/or those that are in contact.

1 Like

I work at a school and the few children who have tested positive have not had any symptoms except a runny nose. Don’t worry just monitor you little one and quarantine

I would hope the day care would close for a period of time. Also, your whole family should probably be quarantined for two weeks.

you could either assume he (and the rest of the family) is + and do a strict quarantine for two weeks, or get him teated and know for sure.

Should isolate him.straight away for 14 days as he has been in contavt with a positive case. No meed for testin just isolate

1 Like

I tested positive had no fever or symptoms. I would get him tested

I work at a daycare. Our protocol is 10 days quarantine from the day the person tested positive.

My eldest daughter tested positive and my baby had a runny nose but no other symptoms.

My kids were exposed at school. They got quarantined but I didnt get them tested.

Ginger your child tested. That will help to eliminate your anxiety

I wouldn’t take them back to school at all I havent even token mine back to school not even after this break I’m not to scary

1 Like

That’s all my child had when he was positive!

The moment the daycare opened back up

My pediatritian said the symptoms in infants and toddlers is generally very mild. Like a typical virus for this season

Whole family should quarantine for 14 days. Even if the child test positive, you all have been exposed.

10 days is the new recommendation. 14 days to be sure after symptoms started.

I would wait 5 days to prevent possible retesting later but definitely get them tested.

Seven days but mine had no symptoms

It shouldn’t be a question…you should get your son tested.

Unfortunately no matter how careful we were about who we are seeing or where we’re going… me and my partner tested positive… After we contracted the virus from his sister on Christmas day. We have a 6 year old and a 1 and half year old. The kids also tested positive. My 6 years old only had a rash under his arms and sides… No other symptoms at all. And my little one has a runny nose and congested.

1 Like

Unfortunately your whole family needs to quarantine that means no leaving even to get groceries you will need someone else to get them for 2 weeks. Edit to add if you think my comment is funny why would you possibly risk everyone else when your child was around someone that had covid

1 Like

stop sending your kid to providers. its unsafe !

If your day care provider tested then everyone needs to go get tested and you have to quarantine for 14 days so get busy

Some pediatric drs dont suggest testing just quarantine. Talk to your pedi

Covid is different for everyone I’d say have them tested to be safe not everyone starts off with a fever

This just happened to me… I had to get my whole household tested…

Get the little one tested asap!

Get him tested ASAP and quarantine your family!

There is a lot of misinformation in this thread. Contact the Dept. of Health or your PCP.

I read covid doesnt come with sneezing.

1 Like

All of you in ur house should quarantine for 14 days…

Your baby may be cutting teeth early

Get your child tested

Personally, I would quarantine and not test

1 Like

Get tested, just for piece of mind!

Ten days. If no fever

Call your state health department, they go by cdc guidelines!

My grand daughters gpa tested positive, my grand daughter only had a runny nose and a little fever, was tested because the Dr said some infants that are positive are only showing one sign which was a runny nose. She’s teething so the Dr said that’s what caused the fever and runny nose. I would get your child tested to be on the safe side.

1 Like

Literally just happened to me. We waited 4 days to get tested and it was negative. Still no symptoms. We’ll get tested again tomorrow and Tuesday. My child won’t return until they all have negative Covid tests

14 days. No reason to test the child. It’s a virus that cannot be fixed with meds either way. If however, the child develops more severe symptoms, like breathing difficulty or high fever then take them to your pcp. Most docs are not doing random.tests anymore

7 Likes

I had symptoms the only one in my house out of the 4 of us and tested positive. I never got my kids tested because they showed no symptoms. I just pulled them from school/daycare for 2 weeks to be safe. Their dad took 2 weeks from work and stayed home, I self isolated in a room and any time I came out I wore a mask, used hand sanitizer and frequently wiped things down in the room I touched, my phone, remote etc and it’s been almost a month and nobody else has gotten it in my family.

Get child tested 5 days after exposure child may return once she has no symptoms and it’s been 10 days for her as a parent tho my child won’t go back till she test negative the virus is adapting so it’s better to be safe than sorry

I know a lot of parents worry about testing. Rapid tests are not reliable enough, best to have RT-PCR swab. Nasal is more reliable than saliva alone. But here is a saliva option for little ones. And a study Re:nasal…

Get your child tested

Hello… Welcome to the world of Richies ,Power and Peace , The New World order !Are you a musician, footballer, student, politician, actor/actress or self employed/ employed , or a business man/woman, This is a great opportunity to achieve your dreams! Becoming an Illuminati member will make you stable in all aspects of life. Join the elite Organization now … If interested let me know🔺contact on WhatsApp ‪+1 (925) 257‑4178‬ or on Gmail [email protected]

I’m so happy for what Dr Durojiaye did for me,my husband left took all I had and ran to Poland to leave with another woman I was so frustrated I almost killed my self but thank God for my friend Nicole who was there for me… I couldn’t let the memories of my husband go because I loved him so much because of these I was looking for away to bring him back after 3years of looking for solution but prove abortive, I saw testimony of a woman from Australia who had similar issue how she contacted the Dr that assured her that her husband will return in two days time that was how I collected his whatsapp number and I contacted him he told me that is small case for me that in two days my husband will call me asking for forgiveness I didn’t really believe him…it happened the same way he said it my husband called me two days later I was so amazed that is how my husband left Poland and came begging forgiveness and my husband now loves me deeply and that is how Dr Durojiaye have been working for me I was promoted in my office to sales manager and my husband in his company to general manager…contact him for help on

Or Gmail: ([email protected])

U all need to quarantine

Go get him seen to by doc

Take him to be tested.

Id get them tested , it wasnt to bad for my 3 month old baby she cried for a minute when it was being done but then was fine

My daughters prek4 teacher was positive and my 4 year old had her first symptom the day after the provider tested positive. First symptoms was mild runny nose and congestion later… we all 4 in my home ended up testing positive by 5 days from 1st symptom of my daughter. My husbands and my throat hurt and we had congestion was our first symptom. Tested 4 days from symptom onset. No one in my home had a fever at all except 1 child and hers was one fever one day one time and then it was gone. Definitely treat it like you’re positive and get tested asap and again if you guys come out with more symptoms. We did a rapid test andnthen send off PCR test if your rapid comes back negative first. Just to make sure. Also the kids were fine through out all of it! One daughter was totally asymptomatic except for the one day (8 days in from other family symptoms) she threw up once and had the fever for one time and then she was back to normal. My other daughter again it was very very very mild only congestion and runny nose otherwise she was completely herself. For my husband and I it was worse especially with headaches and the sore throat but it was not the sickest I’ve ever been for sure.

At our daycare they have cohorts and the entire cohort was shut down for 14 days and everyone had to self isolate during that time. Anyone that had symptoms was requested to get tested. You should get him tested since he was directly exposed. You are contagious prior to showing symptoms.

Personally, I would not put him through that! Same thing happened to my son but I had to quarantine with him anyway bc I didn’t want anyone else around him! It’s not worth putting him through it if he has to stay home anyway! If anything get yourself tested and go from there! That is what I did!

You should have him tested, kids often only have runny noses and gastro

No but 2 of my kids were exposed in school by a teacher and a student. Had to quarantine with them for the 14 days but neither of them ended up sick.

Don’t freak out for 1 and take care of ur child the way u would during any illness. Getting tested is only for peace of mind honestly. Nothing changes other than quarantine.

They should be tested 5-7 days after last day exposed and they need to quarantine and provider will need to isolate and clean when it opens back up depends on the size of the facility and staff

have a family member watch your kid instead of daycare