My daughter came out and my husband started treating her different...advice?

Set a hard line boundary that he treats your kid right.

1 Like

If you have talked to him and told him to stop and he hasn’t… Fucking leave for your daughter’s sake. Why is this even a question?

Stand up for your daughter and tell him that’s enough and he needs to do the work to build that relationship.

2 Likes

Do you really need to ask? He’s been mistreating your daughter for years. Why are you still with him? Take your 3 kids & leave. Go to a DV shelter if you have to. He’s abusing your kid!

2 Likes

Maybe explain to her what bi means. She is too young to know. My neighbor had a granddaughter say the same thing at the same age. Upon taking to her. She thought boys were icky. So she liked girls and therefore she thought she was bi. When they explained it to her. She never said it again.
Your husband finds it upsetting and therefore is mad. Explain to him she just doesn’t understand and if he ignores it. Things will go back to normal.

7 Likes

Nasty jerk…pick her toss him

1 Like

The entire family should go to counselling, and your daughter should also have someone she can talk to alone. If your husband can’t let go of his prejudices, you may have to let go of him. Besides the fact that your child came first, can you really love and respect someone who knowingly continues to hurt your child?

2 Likes

So why are you with someone who is verbally abusing your daughter?:face_with_monocle::thinking:

14 Likes

His behavior is very toxic to your daughter. If you don’t put a stop to it, it will effect her in adulthood.

6 Likes

Tell him if he doesn’t stop then pack him off out the door :tired_face:

2 Likes

Wow u really need people to tell u???
She’s ur fckn daughter, she comes first. Why h even asking ?? Tell that mthrfkr to keep his mouth shut n respect ur daughter ir she’s going to feel if not already that u don’t give a fck about her. I would give that asshole an ultimatum or he respects her period!! Or it’s over!!

Don’t let him make her miserable she only has one childhood n it’s your place to make it a good one, I think HE may need a wakeup call

2 Likes

If a man loves you he will respect your children!!! If a man doesn’t respect my kids I am OUT!

5 Likes

kick his ass out if he dont stop!! defend your child ALWAYS

Leave him who tf does he think he is and why are you even allowing this and for so long smh

1 Like

Therapy and divorce.

1 Like

Did he get worse with the gay jokes or are you just noticing them now because you want to be sensitive towards your daughter? Has she come to you with concern over his joke? I am not justifying them because I don’t agree with his actions but I’m wondering if he always been through way

He doesn’t have to except her. But he does have to stop with the remarks. She deserves respect as before. If he can’t. Then I would leave. Stand with your children.

5 Likes

Jesus Christ how is this a question? Leave your husband and protect your children. He’s a complete pos.

6 Likes

Stand by her and accept her for her sexuality
Be proud in the fact she has “come out” and can now be who she truly wants to be

Tell your hubby to suck it up
And love her for who she is
Or take your kids and walk away

It it was me I’d tell not to let the door hit him in butt has he leaves

need to sit him down and have a serious discussion with him over the way he has been treating her and tell him either his remarks and treatment towards her changes or he can leave and you’re filing for divorce

1 Like

Not even a question send that Mother ****ker to Hell on a speed boat! As for you a mother comes before anything or anyone over and over again! ……. RULE #1 YOUR KIDS COME FIRST! RULE #2 YOUR KIDS COME FIRST! RULE #3 YOUR KIDS COME FIRST!

6 Likes

No body would ever disrespect my child like that period for they would be picking there teeth out of their tonsils end of story and if you choose to stay you are allowing it and that isn’t being a mother when he married you he took her on as his own he is trash to do that to a child

I’m going to answer this question with a question do you Choose to stand by your daughter? Or do you choose your man?

1 Like

Nope…I can’t suggest anything because I’d done said divorce and good bye.

You’re a package deal. He accepts her or he doesn’t. Don’t put that that marriage before her mental health, he cannot have the right to torment your child.

3 Likes

wow shes 8 or 9 and shes come out?? she shouldnt even be thinking of that shit at that age. she should be thinking about doing her homework or playing outside LMAO

1 Like

I would suggest family counseling. Everybody telling you to divorce him must’ve forgotten y’all have a child together. Make him understand it’s not okay to speak that way to anyone, let alone her. Is her biodad in the picture? Ask him how he’d feel if anyone else insulted her that way?

4 Likes

Have a talk with him and ask him why he’s always been this way. If he is abusive to her you need to leave and for God’s sake stand up for your daughter!!

1 Like

Your husbands treatment of your daughter is abuse and your allowance of it for so many years is abusive on your part. Your job as a mother is to protect your children and you have not done that. It is up to you to figure out how to do that but you have already waited to long and damage is done.

5 Likes

Idgaf any time a man mistreats my child I am gone fast. He doesn’t have to have the same beliefs but he does have to respect her as a person.

5 Likes

Ewww please stand up for her

1 Like

He’s a disgusting POS you don’t have to agree with someone’s likes/dislikes but you aren’t allowed to abuse them either! I’d leave his ass fast.

You are her mom, don’t let an insecure bigot treat her like trash.

Umm you should’ve kicked his ass out 6 years ago when he started mistreating her!!!

Kinda young to decide that I would think

You’re allowing him to damage and mentally abuse a child…actually you have allowed it for years. He has been hard on her for years. That’s what you said. And you allowed it. I really feel sorry for this kid. She has no one in her corner. Not even the person who is supposed to protect her.

3 Likes

Get rid of him. He is mistreating a child

5 Likes

If he can’t keep his comments to himself then he’s not loving, he’s toxic and needs to go. It’s not a hard choice. Tell him it’s therapy or the door.

5 Likes

Pack your kids up and leave! I’m confused why you would still be with someone that mistreats your kid.

1 Like

He needs to grow up,Or leave him,The child is who they are no ones fault,Much love to the kiddo…

Kick him out FAST!!! I’D
NEVER let anyone disrespect my child. NEVER!!!

2 Likes

My first impulse is she’s 8, maybe she’s not fully aware of her sexuality yet. But then I think, I have an 8 year old and I ask her if she likes anybody (and I do ask boy or girl), so there is an awareness there. You need to sit him down and let him know he’s wrong for treating her differently. If there is a way to point out his behavior, in the moment, do it. Repeat his words back to him or even record his interactions with the kids to show him the difference. If he doesn’t change after being subjected to or shown his behavior, he’s gotta go.

2 Likes

I think you know mama. It’s time for a divorce and to protect your baby.

1 Like

Stop him from making derogatory comments. He has a choice shut up and keep quiet or else your family will be destroyed. You have to make a choice if he continues his behavior to stay in the relationship or support your daughter and stand by her and her choices.

Put your foot down and stand up for your daughter and if that don’t work leave. He’s bullying your child.

3 Likes

I would never let anybody treat my child bad!!!

1 Like

The longer you allow this prick to stay in your daughters life, the more damage you are facilitating being done to your daughter. He’s scapegoating your daughter and you’re allowing it.

I know if any man treated my daughter like that I’d be gone in an instant. How terrible for her to be stuck in a home like that.

4 Likes

Get her some help fast how can a 9 year old be bi and why is a kid this young thinking about having sex with girls

Tell him to either stop or you are leaving. My partner will never hate on our child. I do not tolerate that.

2 Likes

Let him know that his remarks won’t be tolerates and if he continues the behavior, you will file for divorce. End of story. Don’t give him another chance once you file. Cause he’ll plead and cry for one. You have to protect you children, all of them. Otherwise, his anger toward your daughter will trickle down to the other children.

1 Like

Kids come first. He is an adult he knows what he is doing. It’s time for divorce

2 Likes

If you don’t know yourself that you need to leave that man, you have more problems then just him. I really don’t mean that rudely, just my opinion. RUN NOW, WHILE YOU STILL ARE ABLE TO!!!

2 Likes

He needs to stop or leave him

You always stand up for your child and choose them first. You already know the answer to your question. You’re letting him abuse her mentally.

8 Likes

leave his ass, you child should come first and report him as an abuser emontionl and mental abuse has cause many a gay/Bi child to end their lives her home life should be supportive not destructive

tell him who she sleeps with isn’t he concern and if he just hates gay ppl thats his problem stand up for her

3 Likes

Your child comes first seriously u need to ask leave him if he don’t change

4 Likes

Family counseling that specializes in sexuality. Also stand up for her any time comments are made. Correct his behavior in front of her so she KNOWS she can and should stand up for herself no matter who it is.

3 Likes

What you allow will continue. It’s up to you to put a stop to him making gay remarks. Your home should be your children’s safe space. Talk to him, try counseling as a family. Be blunt with him, tell him, look I don’t like the way you been treating (insert name) since she came out as bi. Y’all use to be so close and I want that again for y’all. Along with blah blah blah etc etc, then give it some time. If a remark slips, correct it right away, don’t be afraid to stand up for your child. Then if he doesn’t change, then you know the choice you have to make for yourself and your family. Also talk to your daughter. Have her reach out and maybe ask him to do something with her. Even if it’s just taking her to the store to grab a snack

1 Like

First let him know you will not tolerate him putting your child down in any sort of way secondly you shouldn’t have to pay between your child and your husband but if I had to choose I would choose my child I don’t understand his reasoning for changing after you had the other child was he always loving her was he always caring was he always playful…? That might have a lot to do with the now

2 Likes

Divorce him. What tge actual fuck. You married a bigot. If you dont agree with his views and he doesnt care about her feelings then leave

The kids come first always if not leave.

4 Likes

Have you communicated with him how she feels? Like really communicated i.e a sit down deep convo… It is the only way to get to the root of the issue… And is she the only girl? He might not know how to treat a 14-year-old teenage girl, you might need to educate him.

1 Like

Tell him to shut his mouth and stay quiet it’s jot his life or choice to make

2 Likes

You’re disrespecting your kid keeping a guy like that around. If he’s aware she feels miserable, he needs to go. The mother shouldn’t have to tell the step dad to not be a jacktwa to the kid. That’s so f’d. The kid will see this as you chose his side, and agree with him, or will do nothing to correct it. Been there, lived that in another form.

5 Likes

Your job is to protect your daughter. She comes first. I think you know the answer here. It’s your daughter or nothing.

5 Likes

Your job as a mother is to protect and support your kids. If he doesn’t get on board, he can get kicked off the train :woman_shrugging:t3:

9 Likes

You will have to leave him !

Kick him the hell out! No one should ever make your child feel less then, NO ONE! You MUST stand up for your child and put that man in his place immediately. She will hate you if you do not protect her.

5 Likes

He’d have to kiss my ass and get the hell on. Nope, no tolerance for disrespecting my kids. Never.

You need to stand up for your child or you need to leave him. Wtf? How is this even a question?

1 Like

Yeah mental abuse… and let me tell u that will only lead to more issues down the road! My mom let her husband mentally abuse me for years and I never forgave her because she never once stood up for me.

5 Likes

This is a form of abuse. Try and get into counseling but if it doesn’t get resolved you need to keep her safe. You may have to leave as she’s still a minor. :pray::pray::pray::hugs::hugs::hugs:

so0o this isnt his biological daughter???! yeah i think he has some anomosity towards her. sucha shame. on a side note SHES 9!!! she doesnt know what she wants sexual wise!!! she hasnt even begun the REEAALLL hormone stage! this is just a phase the girls are going through for sum sick reason and they want to “fit in” sadly thankfully my daughter doesnt follow the pack and stands up for whats right and wrong!!! YAY raised em right and shes so0o smart shes moving on to tech school, so she doesnt have to be around these whacky high school kids who cant make choices for themselves. im sure ill get back lash but i dont care and wont even read it so dont bother. It truly has become a sad world where EVVEERRYYTTHHINNNG is acceptable! yikes and yuck

5 Likes

Your child comes first, if he can’t deal then move on.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t stay, that’s no ok to treat kids differently when they honest about themselves.

1 Like

To the left, to the left!!

1 Like

All of y’all need therapy.
Now 9yr old knows their sexuality. Anyone saying otherwise shouldn’t be near children. Let them be 9. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Start by taking up for your daughter. If he don’t stop, I’d put him out.

3 Likes

Would he tolerate you treating his child so bad that they are miserable in their own home? No man should come before your kids well being.

8 Likes

Yeah no. I’d tell his to eat dirt, and be gone…

This treatment of your CHILD is unacceptable and intolerable. No parent should allow any other adult to torment a child in their own home. Their home should be their safe place. Fix it. Damage has already been done if she is being made to feel miserable :disappointed: you need to protect her. Stay with her and have her back, and communicate to her AND him that your number one priority is to PROTECT your child from abuse, and then do it.

10 Likes

But your allowing him to treat your daughter like that because your still with him which tells me he comes before your own flesh and blood which makes you a useless mother
Fcukkk is the sex that good Lol

Toxic is toxic and it’s ok to get rid of toxic, even if it’s family. But talking to each other, or maybe even Couseling would be my first option.

1 Like

Choose your child over a man and leave him. Duh.

10 Likes

This is ur child … 100 percent need too stand ur ground n get him told. I woulda prob had him out by now no man should ever disrespect ur child!

2 Likes

Your wellbeing should be first and foremost cause he is abusive .take care of yourself because you need to take care of your children. So in other words you must be healthy first to be able to take care and deal with your children .

Your child is your number one priority and you protect her from everyone and everything no matter what !! Tell him straight up if does or says one more thing to her, he’s gone.

1 Like

Make him your ex husband. He’s a bully picking on a little girl

5 Likes

Your child. Their mental health and well being comes before anyone else on this earth. I stayed in a 7 year abusive relationship. He became hateful to my son and I knew we had to get out.

I had a similar problem with my ex when my son got diagnosed with autism… he was so mean and nasty when he was having one of his moments… I tried to calm my son down and he started calling him a retard and as he got older my ex got worse to the extent he was pinning him up against the wall and throwing him out the sore literally… kicked him out cause NO ONE abuses my child like that… roll on 3 years my son is now 25 and has asked for counciling as he has so much anger for my ex and needs help with it… you need to nip it in the bud and think of how emotionally she is going to feel later in life, she will carry that anger in her and it will effect her emotionally and she probably won’t tell you how she really feels…. Start standing up for your daughter… explain to you partner his words are hurting her emotionally and he needs to stop… if he doesn’t boot his arse out…me and my two boys are so much happier now they are more relaxed and we talk a lot about our feelings which is important as I don’t want to have my child emotionally tormented or even worse feel the need to Kill themselves like some kids are doing… good luck with what you decide x

Not a lot of bi women end up in LGBT relationships

Tell him to shape up or ship out

2 Likes

Leave he sounds vile

Ummm if he doesn’t accept you kids for who they are then he needs to leave the relationship period. Your kids are your blood he is just a man to you. My daughter is Bi and I would never entertain someone who doesn’t accept her 100%. Point blank period

4 Likes

My children would come before anyone! X

1 Like

Leave his narcissist ways