My daughter came out to me: Advice?

Screw religion. It shouldn’t be used as a excuse.

If you don’t show your support now, your kid won’t ever look to you for support in anything else ever again. If you don’t want to be cut off from your kid when she grows up and is her own adult, I suggest leaving the religion at the church doors and loving your kid for who they are.

1 Like

Your religion is wrong. Leave it behind & be a parent to your child.

13 Likes

Your religion should be mom first… coming out to a religious family is hard don’t make her feel bad for being honest. Don’t break your daughter trust over a belief. She will love you for loving her.

1 Like

You should react the same way as if she came up and said, Mom i think I might be straight. Just let her know you accept her and love her no matter what. Love is love. You couldn’t change your sexuality even if you wanted to. Neither can she :woman_shrugging:

Support her and love her for who she is. Even if it goes against your beliefs. Love her for her not who you want or need her to be and that you accept her for who she is. And please of she asked you not to tell her father please don’t. She has trusted you enough to share this with you. Im sure it took every ounce of strength and courage to tell you while at the same time she was scared of your feelings and emotions.

Support her but let her grow. Who isn’t confused at this age especially when the focus is on sexuality and not allowing a person to be themselves with out challenging their natural course of things

You don’t have to like it or agree with it, but be there. Listen, be someone she can go to no matter what. Respect her wishes. She trust you to tell you and that is HUGE. Let her decide when and if she wants to tell anyone else. Be mom, above all else, and you’ll become a friend, and an someone she trust more and more the older she gets and the more she explores her sexuality.

Let your love for her be your guide. That’s all we can do. She’s the same person she was yesterday.

Just be there, she is your baby, you will love her no matter what

Just love her and be there for her you made her

Support her the same way you did before she came out to you

My now 19 year old told me that wheb she was 12… I still love her the same, she always talked about her girlfriends or girls she liked… her father didn’t like it but he still loved her the same… she is now 19 married to a MALE and pregnant… just support her wishes and allow her to be open with it. She could be just going through a faze…

Ancestral is now Canceled in Jesus mighty name Amene

You support her, and love her like you always have.

I dont know why people make such a big deal out of this.Shes still your kid. The only difference is who she will be with. That’s it.

If it were me, I’d just hug her and love her more!!