My daughter comes home from school defeated:Advice?

I’m sorry this is so long, but I have nobody else to ask! What would you do in this situation? My child is in the 3rd grade currently. She has hated school for the last two years, and I mean, she absolutely hates it! She is constantly making negative comments like I don’t want to go to dumb school, and I hate dumb school! The worst one was two mornings ago she told me she wanted to burn the school down with the teachers in it! I couldn’t believe the words that came out of her mouth as this was 5 minutes after she had woken up! To give you a quick recap of her last 2 years of school - 1st grade she had a teacher who was literally the devil she bullied and belittled my daughter for nearly the entire year up until the last three months when I stormed into the school demanding they put my daughter in another class and not let that teacher have any sort of contact with her ever. She had called my daughter Lala(her name)land in front of her classmates because she said my daughter spaced out, and the other children began to call her that, and my daughter came home crying. She also went from a happy child telling me all about her day to shutting down and telling me she didn’t want to talk about it. She started saying things like its because I’m too dumb when I asked her to do things around the house. I didn’t understand what was happening until she came home and told me her teacher said she told her not to come back and then we had to move. I had a yearly planner full of negative comments from this teacher and could have used the school for how they handled the situation, which is why they finally fired the teacher because they feared I was going to. 2nd grade my daughter had a better teacher however there were 3 girls in her class that constantly picked on her nearly all year long, and I was up there at the school several times talking to the teachers about it and they finally had the counselor bring in my daughter as well as these other girls and make them sign an agreement that they would all stay away from each other or there would be an office visit to the principal. So now, my daughter is made to feel she is being punished for being bullied. This year is third grade, and my daughter has no friends and was telling me that her class hates her, and she sits alone at lunch. I have a sister in the same grade but a different class and has been telling how sad it makes her see my daughter sitting alone at lunch, and she doesn’t deserve to be treated like that! I met with my daughter’s teachers and counselor six weeks after school started and asked them to help with the problem and let me know if anything else happened. They said they would keep an eye out for it. Now we are halfway through the year, and she is still sitting alone, and her teachers have done nothing to let me know or help. Also, they are quick to let me know when she isn’t paying attention during the day, but this last Friday, when another child assaulted her by hitting her in the head and back, I wasn’t given a note of any kind. I’ve lost my patience with these people, and every time they see my face, they give me the oh great what now look?! My daughter is also in therapy and seeing someone weekly, so I will be addressing the comment about the teacher and school burning thing asap! No mother wants to hear that! My daughter used to be the happiest child! My heart is broken for how unhappy she is! Please, any advice??

51 Likes

Teachers with a toxic environment make abusive instructors.
Move her out to a better school

1 Like

Sounds like she needs a new school and a fresh start…

3 Likes

Either do another school or do online school (Like the k12 one).

5 Likes

You want to know how to make her go and be happy about it? I think you are asking the wrong questions here. Get her in a new school ASAP- NO EXCUSES

2 Likes

Try and switch to a different school. Sounds like a toxic environment

File a police report about the assault. Contact the school board and tell them if they don’t get this shit straightened out the next place you’re gonna be is in front of every news camera you can find with your evidence and all over social media naming names of the administrators and teachers that are doing nothing about this. Get ANGRY mama! Make it very clear that this changes today or the gloves come off. Consider sitting in on some of her classes randomly and going to have lunch with her…take her McDonalds while the other little shits eat cafeteria food.

New school or online with extra curriculars sounds like thats not a school doing her any favors

I know moving is hard, but perhaps a transfer to another school that is near by for a fresh start? I hope things get better for your little one

I would be going to the school board and talking to them or pull her out of that school

Have you considered doing homeschool or online school? It sounds like that would be better for her.

2 Likes

Find another school with better social and support structures and move her ASAP

3 Likes

I would change schools. The environment sounds so toxic. Children are so vulnerable it’s sad. Hug her lots and remind her how amazing she is and how much she is loved

4 Likes

Move to a different school. It sounds like there’s too much water gone under the bridge at this one. A new one may just be the making of her!

2 Likes

You need to talk to the superintendent! If that doesn’t work I would pull her out of that school! Probably would have after 2nd grade.

time for a new school

1 Like

I would home school her because if there not going to do anything about it now there not going to

3 Likes

Some schools suck. There is always a child going through this. And they school doesnt care. There is always a child they let slip through the cracks she needs a new school. Two years ago

New school asap, whether it be home schooling or an entire new building with different people. That baby shouldn’t have to feel like that EVER and I would personally rain hell down on the other school and teachers. No one, no teacher, other child ect will ever treat my baby boy in that manner or momma is going to lose her shit.

1 Like

I had the same problems with my son in school. The bullying got so bad that he ended up with a broken knee in 2nd grade. I put him in a different school after that and within a month of being in the new school I got my old happy child back. He doesn’t have any of the problems he had before. I highly recommend getting your daughter out of that school.

3 Likes

That’s a cry for help. Listen. Change her to a new school or do cyber school. Perhaps also have her talk to a counselor.

3 Likes

Try a new school and school board. My son hated school from grade 6 to grade 8 from being bullied constantly. I transferred him to Catholic school and hes loving highschool

Superintendent will help

Maybe ur child needs communication skills

Maybe online school if shes no treaty or very introvert

My sister felt this way
I believe she has aspergers

Kids r mean can spread rumors which could be the reason why doesnt have any friends thos yr

Its giving to any chances to teachers and a school who dont care who create very violent situations
When bullying doesnt stop that’s why kids turn desperate either violent or suicidal

If u dont have to wk
I would do online school

3 Likes

I for one wouldn’t stand it I’d talk to the principal about the way a grown ass woman is behaving! I’d say a fresh start with a new school and new teachers maybe:

New School Immediately. Period.

1 Like

I hated school. My mum ignored it for years, honestly, some kids just don’t do well in school. I didn’t. Try a different school first, if this doesn’t work then consider home schooling and join some social groups xx

1 Like

Has she had the same teacher for 2 yrs

I would switch schools if you can. A new school could give her a fresh new feeling and she could make new friends with people who dont know her. It would give her a new beginning and might make her feel a thousand times better being out of that environment that has been toxic to her.

2 Likes

Is it possible to switch schools, or maybe home school for a bit? Then maybe put her into an activity she likes, so she still meets new children and can make new friends, but no longer have the issues at school?

1 Like

Is she being bullied

Have you asked her if she would prefer to go to another school

1 Like

She needs to go to another school

1 Like

we pulled and homeschooled this year for similar issues. we are hoping to get into a different school next year.

I am so sorry your daughter is going through this wish I could have an idea to help.

Get her out of the school. We had a issue in kindergarten with my daughter. It got to the point she would have a breakdown when I would bring her to school. She developed selective mutism. We enrolled her in cyber school after a month my daughter was comfortable enough to tell me about the girl who hit her every day. She was told we don’t tattletale so she stopped talking. I only found out who the girl was when we attended a local function and my daughter had a accident when this girl came over to say hello. This little 5 year old traumatized my daughter! We are now in 2nd grade thriving in cyber school.

2 Likes

I’d home school and try to find as many extra curriculars as possible. Maybe Girl Scouts?

It definitely sounds like she needs a fresh start at a new school. These kids wont stop once they target someone and it sounds like the school doesn’t care or know what to do about the situation.

5 Likes

Homeschool. Or try a different school. She doesn’t need that kind of toxic crap in her life.

The first thing i (personally) would do is have her evaluated for ADHD. Since paying attention has been an on going issue she may have inattentive type. I know my son had issues like that last year in school. He struggled to pay attention. Kept doing things to get himself in trouble which equated into trouble making friends.
By January we pulled him out (lack of IEP but that’s a different story). It can cause struggles to regulate emotions too
Once you do that, id request an iep or 504 for your daughter. This will provide accomadations to help her do better in the classroom.
As far as friends go…that is a…slippery slope. Too much interference from grown ups often has the opposite effect and can make things worse.
Honestly i agree it sounds like moving her to another school and giving her a fresh start would be the better solution.

4 Likes

New start momma. Seriously give her a fresh start at a new school.

6 Likes

I would speak with my child about oppitions she has. Home school witching school’s or fixing the problem at school. Such as going to her school and popping in at different times being there if possible to eat lunch with her. I would speak with the superintendent and explain that I was going to take the matter of bullying and the teachers to the media as well as looking into sueing the school for abuse against my child and them knowing about it and allowing it to continue. Good luck and God bless !:revolving_hearts::revolving_hearts:

2 Likes

She might need testing to see if reason she is struggling. Some people shouldn’t teach.

2 Likes

Can you switch schools
This school is Not the right environment for your child
The right school is so important to the way your child grows up

4 Likes

she needs good counselling and a fresh start put her in a new school please pray for your daughter profusely …am sorry for what she n you going thru this broke my heart sure no mother wants to see her child unhappy

1 Like

Get her out of that school. In some states, the department of education will grant scholarships to a private school of your choice. Please check your states department of education website.

2 Likes

I would change schools instead of homeschool! With a new school she will still be social with other kids and it will give her a chance to see not all kids are cruel! Fresh start!

4 Likes

I stay out of public schools for this reason. Mine go to private or charter schools only. It is too scary out there and frankly, teachers do not get paid enough to give a shit

Put her in a different school or home schooling ~ Just don’t let her be miserable any longer she is at an age she needs friends

4 Likes

So, why is she being subjected to this years later? You are the parent, you need to find a better solution…Change schools, home school… demand that action be taken by the Police…
QUIT taking her back there, it is destroying her…

3 Likes

What is she in therapy for? My concern here is that with the comment she made and the fact so many of these things are based solely on what she says, is it possible your kiddo is lying or misinterpreting situations? Some of these things are natural to happen (you need to accept that a teacher will NEVER be able to see everything students do, they just physically can’t) but others seem pretty out there. For all of these things to happen to just one child is unlikely, so of they truly are there’s something else here.
I’m also going to be 100% Frank with you that if you’re marching into the school or calling the principal on everything said/done, the teachers are probably rolling their eyes at you (and that’s a pretty minor reaction if they’re a good teacher trying to do their best in a large classroom and you’re trying to get them fired). If you’re “that parent” without ever actually talking to the teachers like han beings, your child is never going to get a fair shot in that school (if you knew someone was going to come into your job every day to try and get you fired, would you engage with that person or avoid them as much as possible? If they so much as look at your kid and you go to the principal, they’re not going to look at your kid, you know?
It’s also possible that your kiddo hates school for some reason and is stretching what’s happening to try and stay home. Does she do well academically? Does she have any friends in class?

I just think that you need to take a couple of steps back and look at the situation from a different perspective and make sure you’re being fair to everyone. If the teachers aren’t the issue, you’re going to find this same situation in any school.

3 Likes

Why would you not request she be in class with her aunt?? If her aunt says it’s sad she’s alone, then she must care about her…

Home school.or private school

I’d pull her and do some counseling and homeschool through end of year with either you as teacher or a computer… . find an outlet for creative play, or extracurricular activity… and maybe a new school the following year. You need to stop this now or I would be scared what she will do to herself or others in years to come, because its only getting worse… as a mom with a child with ADHD and anxiety/ depression… its scarry!!

2 Likes

Try k-12 homeschool… school is just not going to work out for that poor girl I know how it is to be bullied by teachers and students and once your parent does something sometimes the teacher(s) hate you even more and help even less… it happened to me that way. Homeschooling will most likely be your best choice. At least for a year or 2 then you can both decide if it’s a good idea to start public school again.

I’m not trying to be mean here but why have you let this continue… why 3 years of it… inwould have had her out of that school so quickly after the other inaction especially if they did so little about the teacher bulying her …

Get her out of that school

5 Likes

Does she have any hobbies? Ways to help strengthen her self confidence and emotional regulation?
It’s fucking hard. I know. I was ruthlessly bullied in school for being scarred. But I’ve come to find that no matter where you go or how old you get, there will always be bullies. People so miserable all they do is tear others down while imagining a prideful pedestal they are placed on.
I had to learn to love myself and not take to heart what these people say. I encourage a hobby and ways to build her self confidence and get her to stand up for herself. If it’s possible it wouldn’t hurt to look into online based programs as well. I wish the best for you.

I’m not a mama I’m an auntie but I would say get her out of the school. I’ve been bullied by a teacher myself and this really hit home for me. New school will help her come out of her shell. It did for me. And yes I know not all cases are the same but I would definitely get her from that school even if it’s homeschooling for a year.

Talk to a lawyer see what can be done and for the love of all things holy please put her in a different school

1 Like

My daughter was bullied and school did nothing. We moved and it is better. I had fights with the principal. it was the end of the year so we finished the year like 2weeks and moved. Get her to a better environment at all cost You are her voice make sure people hear it. This girl was telling my daughter she was going to kill her and bury some of her body and feed the rest to animals. It was bad.

I homeschool.took mine out at the beginning of the year. Schools take up for the bully anymore and when the child finally has enough and stands up for themselves they are the issue. My son was a straight A student never in trouble friends with everyone well loved by the teachers and then all of a suddden he comes to ke and tells me he hates school the teachers( not his but the ones on lunch duty and stuff obe of them is a teacher I talk about later in this post) yelled at them amd wouldnt let them talk at lunch and breakfast. I’m sorry a child is gonna act out if they can’t get their energy out. Then My step daughter had a teacher in 7th grade last year that bullied her… She had back surgery and had to be out for nine weeks was supposed to get a homebound teacher and never recieved one so her mom went to the school and got her work and turned it in daily. The teacher said she never recieved any of the work. So we would get it again and turn it in. This happened 3 times why would a child do something 3 times 9 weeks worth of work and not turn it in. when she came back she asked the teacher a question about work they were doing in the class cause she needed help the teacher growled and said in front of her entire class I have more things to worry about than u and kicked her out of class. Who does that. So we all go down to the school and even tho they have evidence this teacher was being a problem they made it out to be my step daughters fault. Then they told the teacher she wasnt allowed to adress her that someone else had to so that was supposed to solve it and make it better… We complained more went to school board have multiple parrbts in thus school that went with cause she us that big of an issue and nothing… My final staw was when the principal called to tell ke she needed my husband, her dad to come to the school with a happy face on for the cameras because things got heated with the previous visit. Said that they were scared he was gonna shoot up the school I said u have got to be kidding me and told them we would not be coming down to the school to continue this drama with no solutions that I would create the solution myself since they didnt want to handle the situation and I would be homeschooling. But I woukd suggests homeschool for u if its possible momma… It sounds like she has lost all interest and public school is not in her best interest anymore… She would excelled with the one on one time and I can help with building her confidence back up that the school system has robbed her of!!!

Awe your daughter deserves better than that school!!! Second let your daughter know daily what an incredible amazing young lady she is!! Have her make a compliment list(start with 3) write them on the mirror and every day add a new one. Every day she needs to read those words and realize her self worth!! Those bully’s have stolen her self esteem. So every chance you have, praise her and praise her some more. Girls can be cruel but as parents we need to lift our kids so high, that no bully can touch them. If that makes sense. Also tell your daughter that those haters are just jealous. And she must be special for them to seek her and be a bully to her. Yes it will take work, for her to realize haters gonna hate BUT always rise above them and show them, she knows her worth and their bullshit means nothing to her!!!

She needs to be evaluated for ADHD. This sounds like me as a child & my parents never did anything about it. I finally got meds when I was 38 yrs old.

Talk to her counselor about having her reading level checked. The first two years of school are all about reading, listening, and processing. First grade problems often snowball as kids grow up without mastering basic phonics and word-attack skills. Kids misused her because that teacher misused her. Whatever you decide about her class placement, bury her in reading to you, reading for fun, reading anything that holds her interest. Maybe you can find an older kid from the neighborhood or Sunday school to tutor her in reading and take an interest in her. A cousin? It might help until other plans can be put into effect. Also, PUNISH the use of the word “dumb”. That continually undermines what’s left of her self-esteem, and it’s a lie. She and a million other kids are lost because they gave up on themselves too soon.

Talk to her and find what is wrong

So every teacher and every staff member is the problem? But not your little angel?

2 Likes

I’d move her to a new school if I was you, we had a bullying situation with my son in yr9 (13/14yr old) he hated school he was going in getting beaten up and then walking out and coming home, the school were made aware of this and did everything they could, put the bully into inclusion so he was on his own all day, even sent him to different school for a few days but came back and started again, it got to the point were my son wasn’t eating or sleeping and it was making him I’ll, so I took the decision to move him, we were lucky and he got a place in a school were he knew pupils from primary, this school was 4mile walk away where as the old school was a 5min walk so wasn’t a decision taken lightly and when he moved he was happy for the first time in a long time and we had no trouble getting him to go each morning.

1 Like

I had this happen at my son school at the beginning of the year but he’s only in preschool and I had a bad feeling about the teacher I went with my gut feeling and changed his class and oh my God he has blossom he loves his new teacher and all his classmates and everything is going all is well! If I was you I would probably change schools teachers or possibly homeschool but I would do something soon before it gets out of control.

1 Like

looks like her school bullied the self worth she had in her self we went through the same thing my kid was bullied by a teacher its a small school so it followed him for a few years to the point where he wouldn’t go out of the house because his bullies might 've out there we moved a town over and put him in a new school and it was the best thing we ever did he’s happy now and has friends

1 Like

I would go to the school board until what the problem is is bullying is a big problem and no kid needs to be treated like that make a transfer to different School with any penalties against you so you want to pay anything and if that don’t work I get me a lawyer go to school with them and see if they can see you could see them for that property for not having in a safe space for your child to be

why let that go on for so long🤔

2 Likes

My second oldest nephew had the same issue with a teacher. He was bullied by his 2nd grade teacher. He is such a sweet, happy, caring, & affectionate person. He would try to hug his teacher & she would accuse him of trying to distract her & get out of doing his work. My sweet nephew would cry ab going to school & not want to even get out of bed! Totally not like my highly social nephew! After several meetings with the teacher, counselor, principal, & school board members, nothing was going to change. My sister in law took all 4 of her kids out of the public school system. That nephew is now 22 yrs old, a firefighter, & a highly respected member of his community. Sometimes you just have to get the kid out of that environment in whatever way works for you guys. Switching schools, homeschool, private school, etc. The state I live in has a fantastic homeschool program. You can co op with other homeschoolers in the areas & actually have your own little schools. There are some nice tax breaks AND school time is cut down literally more than half bc you won’t be dealing with those stupid interruptions

1 Like

Homeschool ASAP. Before the UNTHINKABLE happens.

4 Likes

Bless her heart she must be so frightened and depressed I’m so sorry she’s having to go through this I hope you get it resolved quickly for your Daughters sake xxx

2 Likes

Lawsuit… Theyre neglecting your daughter… Whether she has something or not… It can be handled … Sometimes IT IS THE TEACHER AND STAFF BEING NEGLECTFUL and dont do shit…

Isolation and problems with self worth, this child should of been put in counseling a long time ago.

2 Likes

Is she being bullied

Do you live in a small town… It like that here if your not from there born and raised they can care less… But anyways i would homeschool enough with them a school they wont fix anything

From someone who was treated poorly by teachers, isolated from everyone, constantly told I would amount to nothing and bullied to the point of retaliation, I would switch schools. By 6th grade I figured I was a bad person because I was told that by teachers all the time. I believed and so I acted that way. I am ok now but I still deal with the am I good enough moments. Change schools and stay in counseling.

1 Like

I would make a formal complaint and remove her from that school. Sounds to me like the staff at her current school failed her.

4 Likes

I am so sorry she is going through this. I don’t have much advice to offer (I’m sorry), but I used to have the same issue back when I was in school. I know exactly how she feels. Please tell her it does get better. Soon she will be in a new school with new classes and new kids and she will make friends. A whole bunch of them. I can almost guarantee that most of the kids are picking on her because they are jealous. They know how smart she is and how gorgeous she is and they are jealous that’s not them. But it does get better. Tell her to please keep her chin up and ignore the bullies. All bullies want is a reaction, if she ignores them and they see she isn’t giving them attention they will leave her alone. I’m so sorry she has to deal with this and especially at such a young age. The school needs to get better at doing their job. Maybe you could try going over the principals head and calling the superintendent or school board. I hope it gets better for her.

2 Likes

Homeschool! My daughter was bullied really bad by a teacher and students and thats all i found that helped. It is very heartbreaking to watch your child go through that :cry::cry: good luck

1 Like

I would change schools. Maybe move to a charter school

1 Like

I would go to the school board. They are not doing enough to keep her safe there. Keep up with the counselor and see if you can get sessions for the 3 of you to talk things out. I would definitely be switching schools.

1 Like

Switch schools immediately if possible. Also go to the higher ups in the school board the education board ect letter to the editor online exposee’ and make sure the school knows you are.

1 Like

You need another School,or home school,watch her closely bullying leads to tragedy

2 Likes

I would suggest k12.com

Change schools, and go to the head board and tell them why you had to change her schools.

If you can’t change schools or get her into a charter school, try home schooling!!

This breaks my heart. I don’t know if switching schools is an option but if it isn’t I would most definitely homeschool if you can.

1 Like

Why continue to take her where she’s being abused your partly too blame if you continue to take her there and know exactly what’s been going on, homeschool her and take whatever financial loss for now better to have a mentally healthy child you can always make money and catch up later in life in fact really should sue that school district at that age there’s no excuse for it, that’s why there’s so many school shootings/suicides :pensive:

2 Likes

I feel for your daughter. First things. I would address her spacing out during class. That could be a learning disorder. The other thought I had, is she may need her eyes and ears checked. Perhaps she can’t hear or see. So, I would rule out any medical issues upfront.

Secondly, I would seriously consider enrolling her into a private school. Private schools have a smaller student to teacher ratio. This would allow your daughter a fresh start at a new school. She can leave all that bad stuff behind her.

My other thought, is she needs her self esteem and confidence built up. I would look into a group or activity she could do after school. She could build up her confidence and meet girls her age. Dance class, 4-H club, girl scouts, brownies.

Good luck mom! I would also give daily positive affirmations. Change that voice in her head. Instead of her calling herself dumb… you can tell her how wise, brilliant and talented she is.

7 Likes

why you wait so long to storm in? i wd have waited day 1 to give them time to fix it, and then attempted to burn the school down my self by day 2 if no response

4 Likes

Switch schools, and seek a counselor if you can, try getting her doing something such as hobby’s that will distract her or keep her wanting to come home after school. My sister didn’t want to go to school but looked forward to getting some activity’s done

I don’t know where you live but if this is the same school I would recommend going to the school board and the authorities especially now that they hurt her… If public is affecting your baby in such a negative way try a charter. She might be smarter then her other classmates.

Change schools immediately or home school her. It is going to get worse if you do not get her out of that environment
I have been in education for over 41 years and it is awful in public and some private schools. But for mental health and yours please get her out of that school

Talk to her talk to the school consler maybe there is a teacher shedosent like my son had a teacher he did not like plus his friends go to another school

Homeschooling starting now! And starting with therapy. Sue that school!!! as it’s obviously the only way they will pay attention. In regards to the kid that attack her press charges witch will give all the kids a reality check about bullying (I say this with duress as the American justice system can be intense but nonetheless)

2 Likes

Yes I’d change schools but first meet with the school personal to see what they plan to do

Is it ok if you changed schools? Then go to the school board! Maybe an attorney.

I would walk in there and rip them a new one… don’t take the oh what now look and i would rip it to them right in front of those bullies… even give them what for so they no not to mess with your kid…
I would also be pulling her out of the shit hole of a place… if that’s they way they treat kid’s then f…k that