My daughter is in menstral pain, what can I do?

Research endometriosis and talk to an OBGYN! I deal with the same things and I have since I was her age. But before any doctor gives her any treatment, if it is endometriosis please please do the research on its side affects short term and long term, make sure the good outweighs the bad!

1 Like

Sounds like endometriosis. This how how I get with every single period. Had “mystery stomach pains” as a child then when I got my first period it was horrible and it’s been horrible ever since. I get surgery every 2 years to get cleaned out and it never helps. Heat always made mine worse (didn’t even think it would get any worse but boy it does). Take her to the doctor and hopefully they can get her diagnosed and get her the help she needs even if it’s something else

Pamprin! Hot bath. Heating pad. I’ve heard Dark Chocolate can help. I’m not a chocolate fan (what planet am I from? I know! :rofl::woman_facepalming:t3::woman_shrugging:t3:) so I’ve never personally tried it!
My daughter is allergic to ibuprofen so it’s hard for us to target her cramps. But she is able to take pamprin!

Periods just suck! Hugs to you and her! :heart::two_hearts:

Got her to the doctor :woman_health_worker:

1 Like

I would say birth control. But at 12?
Ask her doctor.

1 Like

I did at her age and I found for me it was nice warm baths that’s helped me

1 Like

My periods were HORRIBLE for the first year or two after i started. Heating pad didnt help none, but with winter coming up definitely make sure she stays warm. Cold for me always made my cramps worse. Tylenol or pamprin (i think thats what its called) helped. Staying kind of busy helped keep my mind off of it. Warm showers helped.

Heating pad, midol…baking soda, Epsom salt bath

1 Like

I went through the horrible cramps and nausea, I had to begin birth control pill. But, maybe some Motrin it really does work wonders. And, some bananas around that time. Sometimes ice works better then heat for me.

2 Likes

Heating pad or warm bath

1 Like

Give her Midol or ibuprofen! A regular adult dosage.

1 Like

Heating pad from on her back and lower belly , they make patches that stick and get warm that are made for cramps.

1 Like

Birth control or midol

I did when I was a kid/ young adult… didn’t get any better for me until after I had my 1st baby at 34… now I get minor cramps… I tried every med… birth control… you name it… I also used a heating pad… and soaked in a hot tub… but diarrhea and nausea was a given… it was debilitating!! I just laid in bed in the fetal position… would always miss work if I had to work on the first day that I started… I feel so bad for her… I know exactly what she is going through!!

1 Like

If she’s using tampons have her stop seriously cause I noticed when I use them I get cramps the diarrhea vomiting etc with them and headaches too but once I take them out I’m fine. Give her aleve also or midol

1 Like

I always felt this way during periods until I got on bc. Only way heating pads would help was by sitting on them because the pain wasn’t in my abdomen like so many others is. And have her take some immodium for her guts and 2 tylenol for muscle pain.

1 Like

MIDOL helped my daughters

Apple cider vinegar is suppose to help regulate hormones

1 Like

CBD in the bellybutton

1 Like

Sorry your daughter is going ty hrough this.
I had horrible periods and endometriosis. They put me on birth control which helped some. But I started trying to get pregnant at 20 so had to quit the pills. I had 3 surgeries to clean it out, which would help for a while. At 35 I had to finally get hysterectomy.

1 Like

Sounds like endometriosis

1 Like

Midol, heating pad an sleep I had cramps so bad I had to go to the hospital sometimes a hot bath can help too

1 Like

Heating pads for both back and stomach.
Pamparin or midol
Epsom Salt bath. The Lavender may help soothe her emotionally and mentally too. It’s very relaxing as well as pain relieving.
They also have heat wraps she can use during the day at school.

1 Like

Sounds like dismenarea sorry don’t know how that word is spelled

1 Like

Cinnamon water… and a lot of sticks of celery

1 Like

I went thru it myself, cant remember what its called but is an extreme form of PMS. Pamprin or midol helped me a lot.

2 Likes

I had those exact symptoms as a child on my period…I always took a HOT Epsom salt [designed for pain] bath and took Ibprofin not midol! Also after the bath and meds I put tiger balm patches 1 on my stomach and 1 on my back. Try that for her if you cant f ikk and the patches and back pain patch with menthol will do

I have the worst periods myself! And after having my son I feel like they became soooo much worse! I have the horrible cramping, nausea and diarrhea. A heating pad and midol works wonders! If she uses the heating pad have her put it all the way on high and put it on the front of her stomach! Helps wonders with me! Hope this helps and that she finds some relief!

I use ibuprofen whenever I get terrible cramps

Imodium and Aleve. My daughter has terrible periods like I do and now that she is an adult she has been prescribed a muscle relaxer to take the first couple of days because it’s so bad. Hope she feels better soon.

1 Like

My mom always gave me pamprin or midol and a heating pad. Lots of water and rest.

I used to be the same way. The only thing that gave me any relief was pamprin, midol, or ibuprofen. I have family who used birth control for these symptoms and that worked good for them. Best of luck and hope she feels better soon!

1 Like

I had them bad but this worked well for me followed by heat pack

Naproxen, also known as Aleve, is safe to use in children 12 years and older. However, doctors may prescribe naproxen to younger children for inflammatory diseases such as arthritis. A single dose of naproxen lasts up to 12 hours and therefore requires less frequent doses than ibuprofen.

Yes I did. I still do. My Dr put my on tri lo sprintec. It’s a birth control, but it has helped a lot with my periods. Reduced cramps, also has cleared up some of my acne. Used to have period for 8 days now I am on period for 3 to 4 days. Ask her dr about that. I know she’s only 12, but… Its worth a shot.

1 Like

Midol is the only thing that worked for me. Get her to soak in a hot epsom salt bath. That should help as well.

1 Like

Simple…a few midol for teen cramping or just 200 mg of Magnesium

1 Like

I experience this every period , my advice is to get her to sit in a warm shower with the water running on where it hurts , pain killers and get her to rest x

1 Like

Try the midol complete, drinking lots of water and maybe some nauzene. Prayers for you and your daughter!

I have fibroids in my uterus and my periods are the same way. The cramps get so bad my entire torso visibly shrinks up to 3 inches and that crushing causes the nausea & diahrea.
I take aleeve (naproxin) because it is a anti-inflammatory and that helps a ton to lessen the severity of the cramps. Which allows me to avoid the other symptoms and get through my cycle without the nausea and diahrea.

I was put on ortho novum 135 birth control, it took care of all issues. I was not sexually active until age 18.

Midol and other pills dont fix the problem or issue at hand they simply mask it.
Go to an acupuncturist and be sure they are trained in Traditional Chinese Medicine. You won’t regret it and it can work in the first treatment. Pain = inflammation
If she’s having periods this bad now, this will not rectify itself

Midol, Pepto (pill form)
Hydration with pedialyte. No soda. Limit junk food.
And exercise.
Once I started to exercise, my severe cramps and PMS went away.
So, walking, jogging, something. Any movement, daily or every other day, can help her. :heart:
If not, take her to her obgyn.

2 Likes

Ibuprofen, plenty of fluids, hearing pad, and I know this sounds weird, but I do some light yoga. It really helps me with the cramps and backaches.

Ginger for the Nausea. Advil. Walk a lot a couple of days before her Period comes medicate before

Midol was the only thing that worked for me. Dad bought me some while on vacation(worse time to start) and it helped so much

Immodium for the diarrhea and 800mg for cramps. Can also do Epsom salt bath to help relax but relaxing her muscles will help tons. And sleep!

A heating pad and midol is what I give to my daughter, she’s 11.

1 Like

I had crippling cramps when I first started my menstrual cycle. Like would drop to the floor in tears. And for some reason I’d get awful heartburn and nausea. My doctor put me on a low dose birth control and it solved all my problems. I was 13

I was like this when I started mine. I went on birth control pills and they stopped this agony.

At least Max dose of Midol every 4 hours.

Midol, heat, bland food, water

Alive helps mine when I get this way.

Send her outside your play…physical activity takes the mind off it and helps the body compensate; there is no reason to put a 12 year old child on the pill

4 Likes

Pamprin works wonders. I buy it for my daughter

1 Like

Myself and my niece had to be put on birth control at a young age to control our periods. Ours were the same way.

Sounds like she may have endometriosis. I have it also. What works for me is alternate Motrin & Tylenol every 4 hours, alternate heating pad & cold pack, long hot baths, nauzene (otc at Walmart) for nausea as well as famotadine for reflux. Lots of comfy clothes, Netflix, and my comfy bed or couch. Sleep thru it whenever possible.

1 Like

My daughter has been on birth control now for almost 2 years, because of this reason… We dealt with it for a long time, but the birth control has made a world of difference for her…

I keep my girl home from school on bad days (with homework). Also the school has midol and Tylenol for her in the office

I went through it. I’m not saying this is a fix, but my dr put me on birth control and it helped, but Midol and a heating pad were the only thing that helped at all. I had to leave school some days because of it.

Mine got so bad I’d have to be taken to the er and to get a shot of muscle relaxer, they told my mom to get me a script from my obgyn for them because it was the only thing that helped

Drinking ice water used to help me.

1 Like

I make my home remedy like my mom used to do back in the day. I boil anise seeds, strain it and my daughter drinks the hot water. It works for her always as well as hot water bag and Advil.

1 Like

My mom gave my advil and 4 hours later Tylenol. Pamperin or midol works too.

1 Like

I take iron during my menstrual and helps with heavy bleeding and cramps , vicks vapor rub all over the stomach,

1 Like

Naproxen is what an obgyn would prescribe. My oldest was like this, missed school almost every month. A water bottle worked better then a hearing pad and alive also lessons the cramps it does not eliminate them. Keep an eye on her bowels throughout the month. We noticed that she was constipated throughout the month. Her Dr recommended upping her fiber but we reassured its very common.

Pamprin, lots of water, and ask what snacks she wants from the store. Also, she needs to see a gyn to get on birth control to calm her symptoms. I’ve been dealing with those symptoms and more since mine started. Tell her to keep a log of all of this stuff too.

My daughter suffered so much I had to make her hot toddies to just put her to sleep… So that she could escape the horrific pain. Her pain was so bad, she legit would pass out from it and hit the floor… Out cold… Not that’s some pain :bangbang: So I bought some honey bourbon and Googled how to make a hot toddy and they are so simple to make. It takes a tiny bit of bourbon, tea, lemon and honey.

I had bad periods when i was younger midol and heating pads would dull it a little, birth control helped a ton qnd onlu had mild cramping that Tylenol worked on after that.

Not recommending but my mom would give me black berry brandy to sip on and a hot water bottle helped a little

Pamprin and heating pad helped me when I was younger, I had really bad cramps and diarrhea with my periods. Sometimes birth control can help it depends on the type and how it works with her body. Birthcontrol pills didn’t help with much for me

Track her cycles and when it’s close get some Midol to help and keep her hydrated. I get migraines with mine so I have medicine for that as well.

Have u had her checked for endometriosis I had those same symptoms at her age and I needed up having endometriosist

2 Likes

I do all this since I was 10 midol and motrin help also ginger ale and chocolate :chocolate_bar: help w the nausea and cramps I just deal w the :poop: but imoudiam should help

Midol was life for me.

I used a zipper bag with ice in it put it on stomach & it help me with the cramps :+1:

Bananas can help with cramping and also orange juice

2 Likes

I went through all of that when I first started. Just let her rest and I think you can give her midol. Popsicles help with nausea

Pampren helped me a lot when I was younger and hot rags and heating pads eventually when I got older I saw a obgyn and got diagnosed with pcos

Don’t want to put you in a panic or anything but I would keep an eye on her over the next few months and see if it’s still bad cramping as it may be something more serious. I used to get chronic pains and am in the process of getting tested for endometriosis. I used to use a wheat pack or ice pack take panadol and nurofeun and curl up in a ball and go to sleep that used to help for a couple of hours
Hope she feels better

3 Likes

Midol, pepto and a hot shower

I use this and do does my 12yr old. Not sure if it will help your daughter but it’s worth a try. As for the nausea her doctor can prescribe her something for that such as ondansetron. It’s safe and dissolves under the tongue, my 15yr old takes it.

I went through this and any heat on my tummy made it worse! I use to lay on my mums cold kitchen tiled floor and that use to feel amazing! Diarrhoea is pretty normal whilst being on period as is feeling nauseous it’s horrible I know I’ve got it to come with my 11 year old daughter try and keep up with paracetamol for pain meds and if this doesn’t help take drs as it could be something else? Ibs endometriosis? X

I have never had problems with my period. It’s just annoying to me. No cramps, no bloating, no headaches, no breakout, I bleed light, and only for a few days. So I was clueless when my daughter had some issues. My sister was actually the one that brought it to my attention. I found some “period gummies” called FLO that really seem to help her. They have a money back guarantee on them and had great reviews so I figured it was worth a shot. I’m glad we did!

There are stretches and a few other things that can help. Chirpractor tricks

Please take her to a gynaecologist. These are the symptoms I started with and I have endometriosis. Normal period pain relief won’t be enough to manage it if she is the same. Best of luck to you both, she’s very lucky to have such a caring mum.

6 Likes

Midol/Pamprin (check Pamprin before giving because I think it has aspirin in it), ibuprofen and a soak in the bathtub of very warm water. You can also make a rice sock that you can heat in the microwave. Might work better than a heating pad.

This was my periods until I got on BC (not suggesting you put her on it though, because it sucks)
Midol/Pampren with a hot bath or a heating pad helped me sometimes. Sometimes a nap was my only way of relief!

Bless her. I had those exact same symptoms plus horrible headaches. The cramps would get so bad at times that nothing helped. If I took Midol it stopped my period for whatever reason and when I started back it was 10x worse. The Dr prescribed me prescription strength naproxen and it was almost the only thing that would help. My grandmother also told me to always wear socks and keep socks on my feet and it wouldn’t be as bad, she was right, of course. About a week before my period would start I’d start wearing socks and keep my feet warm and it wasn’t near as bad. Why? I couldn’t tell ya lol. She also told me not to drink anything Ice cold while menstruating only room temp. I had to sponge bath or wash off really good the week also because water would stop my period as well. :woman_facepalming:t3: When I turned 18 I went and got birth control and it was the only thing that helped mine 100%

1 Like

Birth control for heavy periods & cramping.

I go through that now at 47. I have never found relief. Good luck I hope you find answers. Was also told could be pcos.

Instead of a heating pad try ice pac wrapped in a towel. Maybe a warm/hot shower or bath to relax. Midol never worked for me I use pamperin. They have regular and max. strength I also give it to my stepdaughter when she needs it for her period.

Midol or pampren… poor thing… it sucks

Ibuprofen is helpful for cramping and bleeding. Please schedule an appointment with an OB/GYN and have her evaluated for endometriosis.

2 Likes

I take Motrin, use a massager with heat on my back and sometimes my stomach, and I have freezer packs on my head usually. Also make sure she’s eating well balanced meals and getting enough water.

And diarrhea happens Bc of the abdominal cramping. She could take meds for it. Is she getting migraines too?

midol and a heating pad.

I went through the same thing until I had kids. It would be so bad for me that my mom would cry. She took me to the doctor numerous times & they would just say take pain medicine. The only thing that helped a little bit was to start taking pain medicine a couple days before my period would start

Comfortable clothes can help.

Warm bath, heating pad and midol

So when we have our period our body releases a hormone to helps the uterus shed the lining. This also affects the digestive tract that’s why we find ourselves using the bathroom more during our period. Ibuprofen helps block this receptors in the digestive tract from receiving the hormone thus helping with the diarrhea. It will also help with her cramp pain. Ask your doctor for an appropriate dose for her age and weight.

I go through the exact same thing! I used Motrin for mine heating pad as well