My daughter refuses to sleep in her own bed: Advice?

I put my daughters bed next to mine, I would lay with her until she fell asleep, of course she would jump into my bed but every night she made progress I started this when she was 2 by 2 in a half she was staying in her own bed when she turned 3 I bought her and her sister bunk beds and had her sleep in there room she would cry and I would feel bad but I let them watch a movie . I call it time to relax before bed so I would put her favorite movie on if she cry’s agin I go and reinsure her everything is ok and that I’m watching her lay down I also gave her my blanket it made her feel safe she loves the idea that she has mommy’s blanket lol she will be 4 in March.

1 Like

Move your room around and fit her toddler bed in your room, if shes scared dont force her to sleep alone. Wait til shes ready to be in her own room.
She’ll feel secure and safe in your room even if shes sleeping on her own bed but it’s in your room.
The more you guys force her to sleep in her room even tho she tells you shes scared and you dont listen. One day she’ll never tell you anything again. It’s the small things that count.

We had a hard time transitioning our previous cosleeping toddler to her own bed. After letting her pick all the bedding and finding a “soother” that she loves, shes been a champ at it. She picked out Twinkle Tummies and has several smaller, soft blankets. She recently also took one of my pillows so she has moms scent. https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07XQV2PJW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_imm_t1_SPY1FbFJN1XYF?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1