My daughter wants to get her nose pierced but her dad said no: Advice?

Me and my ex-partner have an 11-year-old daughter who wants her nose pierced (school etc. are fine with it, I’ve checked) I’ve said yes but her dad has outright said no because ‘he doesn’t like piercings’ Am I wrong for saying that is not a good enough reason for saying no? I had mine done at 11 and I don’t have an issue with it, but would I be the ‘bad parent’ he says I am if I do go against his wishes and let her get it done? Thank you

116 Likes

11 is wayyyyy too young! What in the world, no!

23 Likes

Omg. She’s 11. What is wrong with you

14 Likes

I personally feel that it should be a decision made between the two of you; both of you should agree on it. If daughter gets it done and Dad throws a fit, that will create negative feelings toward Dad and creates triangulation.

2 Likes

11 is quite young for piercing in my opinion. Dad’s right on this one.

2 Likes

Fucking 11 years of age! Is that a joke👎🏻

Try again at like 16…
11 is way to young to be altering your face. They won’t even do it with parental consent until 15 at most reputable tattoos parlors.

6 Likes

11, end of conversation!

7 Likes

Seriously??!! I don’t even know a reputable piercer that would pierce an 11 year old’s nose!

8 Likes

No reputable place will peirce her nose at 11… most places its 14 with parental consent or 16 without.

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m with the dad on this one.

3 Likes

This is a whole CHILD you’re speaking about…you realize that right??

1 Like

What’s the purpose for an 11 year old to have a nose piercing?

If it were my child, I would tell her to wait until she’s 18 & can make the decision herself.

(And I’m not against piercings in general. I have my nose pierced. I was 19 or 20 when I got it done). And I have a daughter. But I think she is more than capable of waiting until she’s an adult.

I agree with her dad on this one!

14 Likes

Nah 16 is the legal age

1 Like

11 is to young I agree with dad

3 Likes

My daughter was 16 when she got hers done. 11 is not old enough in my opinion. But I’m not her parent. Dad should have some say in it. Ask him to compromise and give you an age thats acceptable.

3 Likes

I think piercings and tattoos should have to wait till the child can legally sign for it themselves

3 Likes

11 is young. Kids that age want a lot of things, but a hole in their nose is way too young. How will she care for it and keep it from getting infected? Are those chances worth her 11 year old nose? At least make her wait till she’s 16ish.

2 Likes

11 is a little young for that but talk to him one on one Nd come to an agreement on a good age for her to get it done try and convince him to let her do it at 13

All 3 of you sit down and come to an understanding. Maybe for her 11th bday? Moms opinion shouldn’t matter more then dads if both parents are in her life.

1 Like

Wow 11!?!? That’s way to young!!

2 Likes

Wait til she is 18, if she still wants it done then she doesn’t need dads permission

2 Likes

Comprise and wait until 16 11 is way too young. I wanted my nose done and my dad hates them but he said at 16 I could because I’m out of school.

2 Likes

You both need to agree on an age you’re both comfortable with. 11 is way too young for a face piercing! My father didn’t like piercings but we all agreed that I could do anything to my ear from 12 on then my belly button at 16 and anything else would have to wait until I was 18.

3 Likes

Outrageous. Absolutely not at 11 :rage:

4 Likes

She’s 11. Maybe when she’s 14. Or 16. Damn.

I say no, i tell my girls no facial piercings. It leaves scars. But thats me.

1 Like

I wasn’t allowed piercings anywhere but my ears until I was 14

1 Like

I’m sorry but hell no… 11 is too young… wait til she’s 16 at least :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Wait until she’s older.

What if you said No and dad said yea? Pretty sure all hell would break loose if it were the other way around and dad took her without your consent. He’s a parent too

18 Likes

Wow at 11, her dad is right.

2 Likes

WAIT. My dad made me take mine out at 16 and it was a waste of 65 bucks

1 Like

I’d say wait a few more years… not siding with the dad, but 11 is REALLY young…

3 Likes

Your teaching her to disobey her dad. Definitely a mutual thing and if he says just no I think it’s valid. He’s her dad.

8 Likes

Why the hell do you want your daughter to have a nose piercing at 11 years old?!

3 Likes

Wait till she is older

1 Like

Uhm no, she’s 11 lol

Ummmm NO!!! BAD PARENTING.

3 Likes

Compromise on an age and/or compromise by making sure she wears a clear piercing when she is around her dad.

No not at 11. I’d say atleast age if 14 maybe 15

I got my first piercing at 15, I’d personally wait until she’s at least 15. But it’s your child

1 Like

what if she likes it now but hates it in the future have her wait at least a year if shes still asking about it reconsider but 11 is way to young and is cause for way to many after care issues

We really need to stop suppressing children’s self expression. Because when we do that, we open a floodgate to self destructive behavior as a form of self expression.
No, “I don’t like piercings.” is not a good enough reason at all. She obviously does like them. And maybe she will change her mind later and remove it. But there’s no reason not to let her do it. It’s better you let her do it by a trained professional than she do it herself because you’re not allowing her to express her personality via her appearance. Pick your battles.

13 Likes

Also, like a lot of comments on here, most reputable places won’t pierce her that young. She’s 11. There’s no reason she should have a facial piercing…

2 Likes

They won’t even do face piercings that young where I live. They won’t even do a helix (upper ear) until at least 14! 11 is way too young for a nose piercing. You should definitely wait.

2 Likes

Not at 11. Maybe 16

2 Likes

Im with dad 11 is far too younfg for nose piercing. 14-16 far more mature age to make more informed desition

1 Like

How about shes 11. I’m with dad.

2 Likes

Not at 11 that’s way too young. I would consider it on good grades at 15 or 16

Way too young. If one parents says no, it’s not a good thing to go along with it. Keep talking with him or wait

1 Like

That’s a decision you need to slow together. If one parent disagrees on something like a nose piercing on an 11 year old, then it’s a no. Good call dad!

2 Likes

I wouldn’t allow my 11 year old to get her nose pierced.

2 Likes

Can’t believe you are even thinking about it :rage:

2 Likes

She is way too young!!!

2 Likes

I swear some of these questions can’t possibly be real.

6 Likes

Ummm ya need to check your state laws first and foremost. Because in some states it is ILLEGAL to pierce a minor anywhere besides their ears. :woman_facepalming:t3::roll_eyes: and any REPUTABLE PIERCER would not do it, especially if the law says no. and 11? She has other things she should be worried about… :roll_eyes:

seriously?! 11 is way too young. my daughter asked me and she’s 12. i told her we can revisit that when she’s 16. no reputable place will even pierce her nose at 11!

Just wait. Sheesh. Dont make it to where “you have the last word” when it comes to the dad. No. She is too young anyways. Wait until shes at least 16 :roll_eyes:

I’m 22 and can’t even get mine :joy::sob: okay I can but everyone else disagrees. I don’t think it’s appropriate…

No, him not liking piercings isnt a good enough reason. BUUUUUT 11 years old is enough to say nope. Wait til shes 16.

2 Likes

Saying “i don’t like it” is dad’s way of disagreeing without going round and round with you.

11 is too young for a piercing whether the school is ok with it or not. Going behind dad’s back is childish and irresponsible on your part. Not to mention Intentionally undermining him as a parent.

Perhaps another ear piercing?
Or Agreeing to wait until shes 16 provided that she proves she’s responsible enough to care for the piercing without any interventions from you.

3 Likes

11 I’d too young IMO. I would be pissed if my daughters dad did that after asking and I said no.

2 Likes

11 is obviously too young to make that decision. What if she changes her mind as she gets older? Revisit it in a few years, and see if she’s still wanting it done. And maybe dad will be okay with it then. Either way, it’s his kid, too…if he isn’t in agreement with it, the answer is no.💁

2 Likes

Nope, not till my child hit her adult age but to each there own.

2 Likes

Forget it. It’s a freaken (sp). In a few years from now, they will probably take it out, forget about the fad and be left with an ugly hole in her nose

1 Like

You have to be 16 where I’m from to get it done. No 11 year old kid needs any facial piercing. :grimacing:

1 Like

11 is to young but thats just my opinion

I was 13 when I got my done, my choice. I paid for it with mom’s consent. People tripping about piercings but at least it’s not a tattoo or dermal and most kids these days are running around having sex and getting knocked up and we are concerned over a miniscule hole in a nose?

3 Likes

Heckkkk no! 11 yr olds still have growing to do. I love my piercings, but I had to wait until 18 and I didnt die from the wait. If she REALLY wants it done, shell still want it 18!

1 Like

She’s 11. A proper piercer won’t do it considering you need to get your nose done with a needle and not a gun. Wait until she’s 16.

2 Likes

Uhm…both parents should agree. Until shes at least 16+. If you say yes, and he says no…then it’s a no. Come back to it in a year and see if he changes his mind. But going against his back and being harsh about it isnt cool

5 Likes

11 years old is not to young if my daughter was alive I’d let her get it done but I think both parents should agree if they are together and if not it’s your child to and you caint always plz daddy ethere but good luck

11 absolutely not. She’s still to young for that type of piercing. I’d wait till she’s 15\16 years old.

I have a 11 year old, it was tough saying yes to a second ear piercing… so heck no to nose!!!

If you let her go against her dad’s wishes for this, next time its gonna be something more serious, and she’s not gonna respect his word. Your suppose to be teaching her to respect what BOTH her parents say. Regardless if you don’t agree.

11 Likes

Most places won’t even pierce that young (besides ears) most it is a MINIMUM of 14 years with with parental signature

2 Likes

I say wait until she’s at least a teenager. 11 is pretty young I find.

1 Like

I agree with the other moms, 11 is young for that, just think she isn’t even her teens yet.

1 Like

How about you and dad talk it over and compromise on an appropriate age for it and work together on the issue so you can show a united front in front of your child?

3 Likes

How would you feel if you were against something he wanted to do with your daughter, and instead of respecting your opinion he went behind your back and did it anyway?

5 Likes

I don’t think little studs in a nose are bad, it’s tiny mostly hidden and if they feel good with it then let them be, she didn’t ask to tattoo and pierce her nipples it’s a nose it heals fast and nicely too. I love mine and have told my daughter she can get one when she’s ready if she chooses. I’ve never had a job be angry at my piercing in my nose in fact I catch a lot of that’s so cute on you comments.

1 Like

let her express herself. It will bit you later in life if youdon’t

11 is too young. Where I live you can’t pierce your ears till you are 14 let alone your nose. Wait til she is older and more responsible

In my opinion no different than getting ears pierced. parents do it at infancy often without knowing if a child would even want them. At least at 11 a child can decide if she wants ears pierced so how is it any different for them to want their nose or eyebrow or whatever pierced.

1 Like

:sob::sob: don’t let people attack you for this. I was getting piercings at a young age. Nowadays 11 year olds are doing worse things than asking for a piercing that is harmless. It’s not a tongue ring or eyebrow. Nose ring is innocent. If you guys make decisions together then try coming to a compromise. If you guys do your own things then go for it.

2 Likes

I had mines done from a young age and done it behind parents back as they said no .same for eyebrows and more up the ears and belly button all before I was 15,

Try and compromise if she definitely wants it done and wait for a while but even tho you may use the -you will regret it line- she won’t listen until she’s older ! I don’t have any in now don’t regret doing it but don’t like the holes that’s been left!

11 is a little young imo. I would just wait. If she still wants it done when shes 16 or so, then maybe you and her dad could discuss it again. Mom and Dad should be on the same page, and if it was ME…I would present it like “WE think you should wait.” That way it shows her that you and him are on the same team.

3 Likes

Apparently this child’s father and his opinion mean nothing to you, why else would you ask complete strangers for their opininoins. 11 is definitely to young for a nose piercing.

4 Likes

To young ones she gets to high school the wount even be allowed it even intermediate waste the time

11??? Like ELEVEN… 10+1!?! That’s way to young, I would say at least 16 but really I would not get it done until after she’s graduated high school…

3 Likes

11!!! I’m with dad… stop trying to be her best friend and be a mom! 11 is Way to young for this …smh

4 Likes

Nope, lol my daughter will be 11 in December and I couldn’t imagine it. :joy:

Not at 11 …dad already said no up to u both

He’s dad he should have a say and 11 is too young imo. Going ahead and doing it, just teaches her to not respect him which is f**ked up on your part. Maybe come to compromise and have her wait until she’s 13. Over all doing it behind his back is wrong and it definitely sends her thr wrong message.

3 Likes

Um. 11 with a nose piercing? I agree with dad. That’s ridiculous.

4 Likes

Get her a fake one from amazon. To see if she keeps up with it. And nothing is permanent.

2 Likes

At 11 I’d say no to facial piercings, but would consider allowing multiple piercings in her ears. Perhaps that could be a middle ground?

1 Like

Although everywhere we go won’t pierce a nose until 14-16 with parent permission due to the fact you do have to be mature enough to clean it and care for it, also I kinda personally think 11 is to young myself but I’m not her parent either. I told my daughter she could after 16 or on her16th bday.

I would never let my 11 year old get a noise piercing! Way too YOUNG! I agree with dad on this one!!

1 Like