My daughters father will not let her get her nails done: Advice?

5th grade.:face_with_diagonal_mouth: what’s next? Smh let her be a kid.

5 Likes

Absolutely not okay to either let her get acrylics or to do it behind her father’s back!

3 Likes

Ur her parent also so…. I say do it

2 Likes

Ok so old school advice to maybe ease dad into it.

Light pastel colors.
A cutesy little design.

Acrylic messes up your nails, I suggest taking her for a manicure but waiting until she is older for acrylics. My husband and I have already decided that our daughter will not get acrylics until her 8th grade prom/graduation just like I did.(If she’s interested of course)

4 Likes

I say let her I seen plenty of young girls get nails done

3 Likes

Press ons! Cheap and easy! See if he will compromise on them.

1 Like

5th grade is 8years old right?? Varnish yes, acrylic no.

5 Likes

as someone who coparents very well with my ex husband. You have to stay mutual. His feelings are his feelings. She is his child as well. How would you feel if you told him you didnt like something? He fought with you about it and then did it anyway. Its ok to disagree. I honestly dont see a problem with fake nails. But she has her whole life to get them done. Try to keep peace between you and him. Maybe he will change his mind sooner rather than later.

2 Likes

At her age I don’t thing acrylics are a good idea either. Polish is fine.

8 Likes

No absolutely not! You should not go behind his back.I agree with dad.

6 Likes

Your her parent not her bestie
Back up your husband

4 Likes

Kid lives you. Kids gets her nails done.

She is so young. First of all too young to have long fake nails and second she has a high risk of having damage or fungus. Kids dont keep clean like adults and are rough. Then the biggest thing of all is you wanting to do something behind her dads back.? HE IS HER PARENT AS MUCH AS YOU ARE. RESPECT THAT.

17 Likes

I’m not very modern, so I say she’s way too young, but, that’s just my opinion.

4 Likes

I could see polish but not acrylic .

5 Likes

How about some press-ons as a compromise? They come in short lengths. They’re fun and temporary.

4 Likes

I don’t think she needs acrylics at that age. A simple manicure is fine

3 Likes

Gel instead of acrylics. Acrylic is awful

Um, I can tell you, no other ten year olds are getting acrylics. Why does she?? As so many others have said, it will ruin her nails and possible infection, because I’m sure she keeps her hands as clean as my ten year olds daughter. Mine recently asked for press on nails, and seeing many of the answers here, I am now more comfortable in allowing her to do so.

3 Likes

I’d take her for a manicure they can do a cool design on her natural nails. Acrylics can be very damaging to nails;personally I wouldn’t let my daughter acrylics that young. Maybe some press-ons would be cute. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

Um no!!! One she too young, and 2 don’t disrespect her father like that. He also has a say in it and he’s right.

9 Likes

You should never do anything behind your husband back regarding the kids .
I agree with him she is too young to have her nails done ( at least For me )
But you have options , she can have the press on ones ( they come in a huge variety of colors and designs) she can have just a manicure and get her nails paint,she can also get gel or shellack on her natural nails

1 Like

Show her how to cut her own nails.

She’s to young. And seriously WHY would even think it’s ok to go behind her Dad’s back (weather you’re together or not), what does that teach her??

6 Likes

Oh hell nah lol not my kid & if my man disagreed then that’s a hell MF nah …. She’s 10 & wearing acrylic like yours?? Who are u ? Her friend? Sorry for being sarcastic but wth :woman_facepalming:t4:

No. You both should be in agreement or else he will let her do what he and she wants when you’re against it.

1 Like

Ask yourself if there was something you said no to and her dad went ahead and did it how would you react?

8 Likes

Get them painted pretty but no acrylics or gel, she’s too young

3 Likes

Just get her a manicure, no chemicals except the nail polish. Regardless though I was getting acrylics when I was 10 but I grew up in a big city. Honestly though men need to shut the fuck up about what we as women decide to do with our bodies.

Just do nail polish instead

4 Likes

I was with you… then you said acrylic… I have a hard time believing this is actually a question

2 Likes

Acrylics on a 5th grader can severely damage her nails. Get the stick on one’s. That what I do for my daughter going into 5th grade.

2 Likes

Legal age for acrylic is 14

1 Like

Too young for nails!!!

2 Likes

Id compromise and just get them painted for now

Don’t let her get acrylics, but no reason she couldn’t paint her nails.

1 Like

Ehh talk to him and tell him there’s nothing grown about color. He can either get on board or get mad because he is being ridiculous. Paint her nails tho, no acrylics.

I wouldn’t do acrylics but you can get gel paint done with fun designs. I take my three year old cus she absolutely loves her nails painted but doing them at home it takes too long to dry for her three years old mind. I’m sure if you told him it would just be nail polish but I definitely agree about not doing acrylics there just too much of a risk of her ripping her actual nail off plus the long term damage it could cause to her having healthy nail growth.

to me she is too young but its an individual thought, every parent is different

1 Like

Get her a gel manicure.

As a nail technician I refuse to do acrylic on anyone under 15 . The damage that it can do from them not taking care of them isn’t worth it . Just get a gel manicure :nail_care:t2:

9 Likes

Lol I got my 1st set in 6th grade. The nail piercing was “the thing”

I would get her press ons & show dad acrylics once a blue moon might be okay if you use it as a reward for good grades.

1 Like

Jusf get the stick on or glue on nails. So many nice pattens now. And she can take them off whenever

2 Likes

Get her those nails from Walmart that stick on and you can easily take them off. They are actually making better quality adhesive nails with awesome colours and sizes.

3 Likes

Acrylics at 5th grade ? Hmmm yeah I think that’s a bit much for That age

6 Likes

Glue on ones? That’s what we used in High School

Why not just get a regular manicure but maybe little flowers or designs something…

6 Likes

Definitely NO-Just use some “stick on kind”

Manicure and paint yes. Acrylic no

2 Likes

I got my first acrylic set when I was around that age and I completely destroyed my nails trying to get them off :confounded:. Just thinking about it is making my skin crawl lol. A gel mani with a cute design should suffice.

4 Likes

Nails are one thing. But taking her when she knows dad says no will be teaching her that what her parents say doesn’t matter. That’s a while other character issue and that’s way more important than fingernails.

4 Likes

There are age-appropriate nails. They can still be fairly short and don’t have to be sharp, and she can get cute designs in colors other than red. Maybe you could show him some innocent designs?

Go ahead and teach her that what her parents say doesn’t really matter and she can do what she wants when she wants… but, when it’s you on the other end of that and not dad OR both of y’all and she’s completely out of control just remember that you taught her this!

10 Likes

If you go behind your husbands back, what is that teaching your child?

3 Likes

No you shouldn’t go behind his back it teaches your daughter disrespect towards her father and your job as a mother is to raise stable happy children.
I would ask if you can meet in the middle and she get a manicure on natural nails x

4 Likes

Never behind his back… Just do some glue on and see how she does. Let her prove she’s responsible enough to maintain and keep them. Then maybe have her do some chores to pay for their upkeep. But get dad on board. Never go behind your spouses/ father’s back. It’s his child too.

Hell no. Are you crazy or really that stupid!!! Thats toxic. Why the hell would you poison the child that way??? Use your damm brain and stop trying to be her friend. Be a damm responsible adult.

7 Likes

I personally wouldn’t add anything to her nails except maybe a little polish if she likes. It would be too easy to damage her nails at school which could really hurt or damage her nature nail

2 Likes

Shes your daughter you do what you think is best ! If it makes her happy go for it ! I honestly don’t see anything wrong with it

2 Likes

Just get a gel manicure for her!

2 Likes

Whats wrong with you ?! Go behind his back?! And about what else ?hmm come on no! Be better! And yes that is too grown for a kid who can’t maintain something it probably also goes against dress code as well. You know dollar store and walmart and tik tok you can get some cute gluies and then see but do not deliberately disobey he wants he to stay classy. You on the other hand and just lets go and be a rebel no not in 2022

4 Likes

I would say absolutely not… too young but hey your choice…but going behind your partners back?? Wouldn’t recommend.

5th grade Is young for an acrylic set, but why not a cute gel paint or a French tip

2 Likes

A dunno what age 5th grade is but my daughter is turning 9 and no way would I allow Acrylics at this age or in near future as I know how they can reck your nails if not done properly
But what I do allow is Jel nails so maybe take her to get Jel nails instead safer prettier and won’t reck her nails?

1 Like

I let my daughter do gel nail polish but no, I wouldn’t do acrylic nails on a 5th grader!
The gel nail polish is hard and makes the nails stronger and less likely to break, start there!

1 Like

Acrylics are not age appropriate and will mess up her still delicate nails. Take her in for a manicure and have them do a gel paint instead

1 Like

Maybe a compromise. Instead of cool acrylics, maybe dad will agree to a mani with nude polish. For now.

Our nail salon won’t even do acrylics until a child is 13 because it can destroy their nails. Also I agree with everyone else what does it teach your child? Everytime dad says no she’ll come to you saying can I do it anyways? When you say no she’ll just think well I’ll do it anyways because you taught her that.

Why would you go against the dad, your partner? Maybe talk to him more about it, like they won’t be long or too much. You could do a light pink with a flower a little girl style. Tell him how good it will make her feel, soaking her hands, nice ladies treating her like royalty :princess: it’s all about the way you go about it. Btw I would never put acrylic or gel on a child, it would be a waste of money. Just polish and she will feel like a millionaire :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

just get her a natural manicure, school may not like polished nails either

1 Like

I would explain to Dad not to get involved in Girly things between you and your Daughter.Tell him you will decide what she can and can’t do and that he’s a Man I would say if her friends doing let her do it.When my Daughter was a teenager I made the decision on what she could do and not do Men don’t have a clue about Girls and what they want.

9 Likes

I get my daughters sticky press on nails it’s no commitment to color and won’t damage real nails. When they’re much older responsible and can proper nail hygiene such as scrub under them ie 15-16 or so
Maybe. Till then press ons still look great & keep ‘em happy and they can switch them up with other colors and just buy the sticky tan refills

1 Like

Get her the press on nails. They have them in kids size. They are just as cute and they will not ruin her nail beds.

He’s right. And BTW it destroys your nails.

5 Likes

No when finished school that’s diffrent but she’s to young for acrylics she could get a gel overlay on her own nails but I agree with dad and you thinking it’s a good idea to do it anyway is not good thinking it’s OK to go against each others back that very bad parenting I’m sorry but he’s still her dad and should be working together you should be keeping her young and natural as long as possible she’s still a kid and that’s why he is saying no

2 Likes

If you want to cause conflict that your daughter will ultimately pay the price for?
Work with him - maybe suggest next year and see how he feels then

Going behind his back isn’t something I would do but maybe have a convo with him where you explain acrylics aren’t a gateway to onlyfans…

What about instead of acrylics tell her to grow her nails and take her for a manicure and get the painted. Then she can have lovely long natural nails… Every girl’s dream lol

1 Like

I wouldn’t put acrylics on my daughters nails, and especially not against dads wishes. If tables were turned, would you be cool with that ?

Get her a mani or press on nails. More age appropriate, still makes her feel amazing without stepping on toes or ruining her nail beds.

The father is right. We live in a society that over sexualized kids. Let her be a child there is enough time to get it done when she is of age. I get it momma she’s a girl and she just wants to feel pretty nothing wrong with that, but men know how other men think. My husband did not want me to pierce our daughter’s ears until she was a teen and could decide for herself at first I was against it and thought it was archaic I mean it’s harmless right? But after he explained to me his reasoning I understood and respected his stance because it’s both our child

3 Likes

Acrylics are very damaging to nails. Maybe she could just get a manicure and gel polish or similar?

2 Likes

no would cause arguments

It’ll ruin her natural nails.

1 Like

I mean what happened to good old nail polish? I mean in 5th grade I wasn’t allowed that let alone acrylics…. I am on dad’s side :woman_shrugging:t3:

6 Likes

It’s only nails dad come on please

2 Likes

Acrylics on an 11 y/o? Nope, I’m with dad on this one.

3 Likes

Um the dad is right wth

Absolutely not. That will ruin her nails & to go behind your husband’s back would be ridiculous.

1 Like

So if he wanted to do something with her that she really wanted to do but you said no so he did it behind your back how would you feel?

9 Likes

Have you explained to her that artificial nails will leave her nails thin brittle and dehydrated ? Leaving then more prone to cracking ? Parents need to teach children the ramifications of some actions … there not just “ cool looking “

1 Like

I won’t let my 12 year old in year 7 gets hers done. They wreck your natural nails. I allow her to get gel polish though which lasts longer than normal polish.
I’m with dad on this one.

3 Likes

No, no, no, i made a big mistake letting my 12 year old daughter get them 3 weeks ago, they only started to pop off tgis week and god love her the pain she was in trying to get them off, they wrecked her beautiful real nails she already had, i would never recommend any child to ever have them done :sob::sob:

1 Like

No! That’s the start of problems that will continue! Try the press on type or let her grow her own nails out, for a manicure. Acrilics will damage her nails and could lead to infections= thick ugly nails!

Perhaps a manicure would be nice. Gel polish would be a nice option. Although I personally feel a child doesnt need acrylic nails. They can be damaging. Little growing hands may not tolerate them very well. Im with Dad on this. “Going behind his back!” Is it really worth all of the that? Breaking trust in your relationship. That really seems extreme for something unnecessary. Much peace and love ☆

1 Like

I think having a manicure would be OK but not getting the fake nails put on because it’s going to hurt like he** when she breaks them and what happened if she breaks the whole nail off then he will be really upset just go have her feet done and give her a manicure 

No she too young for fake nails just get them paint it

5th grade way to young completely agree with dad why not buy nail polish?

I’m a nail technician and to be honest I would not do acrylics on a 5th grader. Maybe you can start with gel polish or press ons. But kids cannot handle acrylics, it ends up being damaging in the long run.

4 Likes

Please don’t do that , it will ruin her nails , just get nail polish and paint her nails

1 Like