My ex keeps tagging me in things that make me uncomfortable: Advice?

I have three kids. Their biological father is not in their life due to being constantly in and out of jail. When I left him, I got into a relationship with a close friend of mine for five years (been friends since literal kindergarten), and he has always been good to my kids and welcome to get the kids even now. We kind of drifted apart and ended the relationship on good terms, so I didn’t think much of it to keep him in the kid’s lives. I’m married now, though but, he hasn’t contacted me about the kids in about a year and all of a sudden started tagging me in things on Facebook that is relationship related to " this reminds me of us " as the caption above said post. I don’t want to hurt his feelings, I want my kids to have him in their lives still, but all of these are not kid related, and I don’t want him to send me anything like that anymore. How can I tell him to not send me stuff like that in a nice way, or should I take him out of our lives completely? It’s been about a year and still has not said anything about them.

6 Likes

If he’s your ex I’d unfriend or block him. Problem solved

6 Likes

I’d be honest with him about how you feel

1 Like

If he’s tagging you, remove the tags. But more importantly, as he’s a friend, ask him not to tag you in those posts. If they continue after you ask him to stop, then unfriend/block him. Another alternative is to hide his posts and directly view his page when you want info on what he’s been up to.

2 Likes

I’d let him know that you and your husband aren’t comfortable with the post/tags, you can stop tags all together, or you could/should delete him from your life. How does your husband feel about this?

Im blunt​:woman_shrugging::joy:… Just tell him to knock the shit off.

2 Likes

Set your privacy settings to where you have to approve tags to go on your timeline.

10 Likes

He can’t tag you if you aren’t on the friends list.

1 Like

Just be honest with him. Do not take him out of your childrens life entirely over this. He has probably just realised he still loves you & hoping you feel the same way. Yes, it’s inappropriate because you are married but it is rather mild and I think if you were honest he would stop.

1 Like

Block him? Just because you have kids with the dude doesn’t mean you have to have him on your social media.

If he hasn’t asked about your kids in over a year, there’s no need for him to be in their life

1 Like

Everyone is saying block him put him out of your life it isnt that simple when kids are involved even if they arent his kids, he may be all these kids knew for a long time… Id tell him to knock it off but make it clear that he is still welcome to be apart of the kids lives

1 Like

Easy go to settings > timeline and tagging > from there select the option to approve tags. He can’t tag you if you don’t approve it :wink:!

2 Likes

I’d be honest with him. Your married and those posts are inappropriate. He might have been in the kids lives but if he went a year not asking or talking to them bringing him back in will just confuse them. He isn’t their bio dad and he doesn’t have rights to them so if he doesn’t listen to your requests I’d block him

1 Like

He hasn’t bothered to ask about them in a year it’s long overdue to cut him off.

3 Likes

He hasn’t reached out about or to your kids in a year. If he hasn’t no interest in being in their lives I wouldn’t be fighting to keep him in theirs your kids don’t deserve someone like that. Sounds much more interested in getting with you than fixing things with them and you’re married, I’d just cut off contact with him honestly.

1 Like

I jwould let him know that if he doesn’t want to discuss the kids then you have nothing in common. You could also let report FB for harassment, maybe?

Be honest with him and explain the situation and if the activity does not cease then you can block him

Block him? Like duh.

Soooo…I hate to ask, but are y’all “older”? He might not understand how FB works, and what tagging implies. He might just like to repost happy memories. I had a spazzy older friend make a tribute post to an ex-boyfriend from a long, long time ago. It was totes creepy, and I’m sure it made him uncomfortable, but she didn’t mean it that way. The post was deleted pretty soon. I’d say just talk to your old flame, and see if he won’t stop it. It could be innocent.

Then block or unfriend him. Simple fix :ok_hand:

I’d only let him contact you how you’re comfortable. Phone call or text or whatever works for you. And tell him only to talk to you about the kids.

Adjust your settings so that no one can tag you in anything without your approval for starters. Second ask him to stop and explain why. If he refuses to stop block him. If he isn’t your children’s father he is irrelevant especially if you are married. How does your husband feel about his behavior towards you?

Let it go block him and say nothing move on if no mention of the the kids he’s not on the right page

Tag him on this and say ‘This reminds me of us’

4 Likes

If you can block him or don’t reply at all

Unfriend him on Facebook. Simple.

3 Likes

Sounds like you like the attention or you’d tell him how wildly inappropriate that is because you’re married and to stop. Then block him.

4 Likes

Flat out tell him. If it continues…block him

1 Like

Block him. Sorted. I blocked my ex on fb. I use email to contact him regarding kids

If it bothered you that much you would of done something about it already, nice try lady! Next question, and can it contain a real problem, not some social media bs. It’s Facebook, block him or deal with it.

1 Like

There is a block button. Common sense

1 Like

It sounds to me like like you guys are still kinda friends and if he is and respects you enough he’ll stop if you as him to just be forwarded with him but nicely just say hey could you please stop tagging me in stuff I’m a married woman and what you are doing is not appropriate

He’s out of line. You’re married now. Your husband can say something or you can. Best to stop it before it becomes a bigger problem.

1 Like

You have moved on with your life and seems that he has too. If it were me I would address the issue without being rude, but after that… unfriend and block. If he hasn’t even tried to contact you about your kids and isn’t sending anything kid related… definitely shows where he is at.

You should PM him and tell him you need him to stop with those posts and why. Be very clear but say it in a nice way. Hopefully you can resolve this and stay on good terms with him.

If I was married and 100% committed to that man I wouldn’t care about hurting an ex’s feelings especially when they are being inappropriate. Tf? :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

6 Likes

Be civil be direct be kind and tell him to stop. Warn him of the consequence that you will block him if his conversation is personal. Otherwise you inviting to continue a healthy relationship with the children and anything in that regard is fine. The Vanguard he might use that as a wedge to get back at you and have too much communication that way do you have to wait and see. Give him a chance and then you’re going to have to block them cuz you who you married is a choice you made

I wouldn’t block someone I’ve known since kindergarten especially since you haven’t told him it’s not okay… Turn on your tag acceptance thing where it sends you notifications and you have to approve the tags

1 Like

Tell him or block or unfriend?

Similar situation and I literally blocked every single one of them. Why? Because I am without a doubt committed to my boyfriend and there would be hell if one of his exs would be tagging him in stuff although I know he would put a stop to it instantly :sparkling_heart: what’s more important? You’re husband or the guy you have known forever?

1 Like

Easily block him from being able to tag or post on your wall

1 Like

Just tell him. Communication is key.

1 Like

Tell him stay out of your life. You don’t need him

Try saying to him what you just said to us and if he doesn’t respect that…there’s a block button for a reason.

Unfriend. Done.:woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Edit the tags and unfollow him

2 Likes

Just tell him . :woman_shrugging:t4: or remove the ability for others to see your tag and when he does tag you . remove the tag and hide it from your timeline. He’ll get the hint

1 Like

Clearly some of you girls dont understand anything!! There are children involved therefore you dont just block someone and put someone out of your life NOT when children are involved

End it an block him wanting him in your kids life is great but he doesn’t want it or he would askin about them dont let them get hurt he needs counseling for real an that might spark a interest cause he sounds damaged

1 Like

If he wanted to be in the kids life’s then it’s wouldn’t be over a year since he’s had contact with them.
He’s not trying to see the kids
he knows your married
So at this point what is really keeping you from deleting him.

This can’t be real. No way! If it is, what a mousey little girl. Don’t know whether to feel sorry for her or laugh.

1 Like

Wait, I misunderstood at first. The ex isn’t the biological father and no longer in your life. Let him know you’re now married and it’s not appropriate for him to tag you in such things. If he can’t respect you and your marriage then block him. It’s unfair for your husband.

2 Likes

Reply to his comment telling him this and if it doesn’t stop just block him