My ex keeps trying to find his way back into my life: Advice?

Tell him to go kick rocks…

Sue him for harrassment he’s your boss right?then get a PFA against him.

I would try to find a job away from him and file a restraining order!

1 Like

I haven’t read much of this but place a restraining order. Or peace bond whatever it’s called. If someone keeps texting you, visiting you, contacting you in any way and knows you are not interested than it’s gone too far. Learned this the hard way.

1 Like

Let your boyfriend talk to him with you present. You talking to him may give him the idea that he can keep trying because your man has yet to say anything. Let your job know because they can keep him away from you to a limit and possibly start looking for a new job. Invite the mutual friends over where if they truly respected you, your ex will not be included.

1 Like

I would start by looking for another job. That will send a message and it would get you away from him. Is it fair? No it isn’t but it sounds necessary at this point. Document everything he has said and done. You really should get a restraining order against him, because it doesn’t sound like he will stop. Those creepy messages to your father is a huge red flag too. If your current is willing to go to bat for you against this idiot, then I say let him. As long as he isn’t a bit of a hothead then there shouldnt be any issues on your currents end except the ex. I would be present for that convo so it sinks in. Best of luck.

I’d be trying to find a new job immediately no matter how much you like it or not! Cut all damn strings! Why isn’t your dad blocking his number too? Seems sketchy🤔 Have a restraining order put on him if necessary 🤷

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. My ex keeps trying to find his way back into my life: Advice? - Mamas Uncut

Ignore him at all costs. Do not give him any sort of attention, do not talk to him, have anyone else talk to him, nothing. He is looking for some sort of attention and negative attention is still attention. Find new friends, you don’t want to associate with anyone that associates with him. He’s a creep, leaving weird messages to your father, and trying to be a victim when he cheated on you. Eventually when there isn’t even a breadcrumb of attention he’ll move on. But whatever you do, do not engage with him in any fashion. It will only make him think that he just has to be persistent enough to get something out of you. Literally act like he doesn’t exist and make sure all your social media and anyone that tags you in things has it hidden so he can’t find anything at all.

2 Likes

Harassment is a crime and a form of stalking…its also pretty creepy and obsessive.
I suggest you seek legal help…if you don’t want to be with him you shouldn’t be concerned with hurting his feelings…he’s not worried about what hes doing to your life or future. You can stop this…you just have to really want to.

3 Likes

Going out of his way to be in your life. I woulda called the cops the moment he texted my father.

Ignore him like you’re doing and move on from the friends too. If they were true friends they’d stand by u, so find new friends to hang out with

5 Likes

I would find a different job away from your ex and maybe talk to him also… I would definitely tell your family and current friends to cut ties with him and tell them how you feel. If you do not have children together, there should be no reason why your family should continue to talk with him

15 Likes

Restraining order! They are free and easy to get with proof of him be intrusive. It doesn’t hurt to look into.

3 Likes

If he’s blocked on everything then a restraining order won’t matter since it’s not physically happening to you, but your family instead. He’s just playing the game, eventually he will quit, you can say something but it will pry get worse and he will think it’s funny that you’re worked up about it. Maybe try and reassure your friends there’s no drama and you have moved on and don’t care if he’s at the same parties or not…

If it’s so unbearable I would honestly let your new boyfriend speak to him because that might get it into his head i know a few people that have done that and it’s worked out okay. But if all else fails then id get a restraining order

1 Like

Tell your ex to get LOST

If it continues any and all people involved he is messing with can get a restraining order

Just don’t talk to him about it unnecessarily.

Get a new job and new friends and get your ex out of all aspects of your life. There has to come a point where you decide what you will and will not deal with. If you don’t do something about it, then your bf might not stay for long. I sure wouldn’t deal my husband ex all the time if they didn’t share children.

4 Likes

Time for a restraining order :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:t2:

Dont address it because he just is trying to get you to talk to him. Been in a similar situation but with suicide threats etc. But I just had to turn away and block him, not open anything and ask people not to bring him up. Hes trying to play victim when he created this mess. Over time hell get over it unless hes really just a crazy person and if that’s the case people will realize it and stop listening…maybe tell hr at work what’s happening also just to be safe maybe they can even address it with him

1 Like

The only reason he’s trying to find a way back into your life is YOUR LETTING HIM !!!

Get an anti harassment order

Hey a restraining order

Go and speak to him yourself and make it clear he had his chance and couldn’t keep it in his pants, so to leave you both alone tell your dad to block him aswell so he can’t contact him either or maybe get your dad to txt him back saying not to involve him, good luck

Time to find a new job so you still aren’t around each other. Maybe even move if he knows where you live and get a taser or some kind of protection.

Personally, I’d just ignore him and hope he gets bored. Ask your family to refrain from responding. Bow out of parties he might be at and just see your friends other times or find a new social group. Keep things strictly professional at work (you could probably involve HR if he continues to be inappropriate. Good luck!

3 Likes

Ignore him, find another job if possible. If he continues to harass you then put him in court. You dont need to have a conversation with him again, once was enough and dont have your man stressing over him. And about getting invited to events with mutual friends I wouldn’t go if they and I weren’t close and sounds to me that it’s your co-workers because you both work with the same people because your loyal and close real friends wouldn’t invite him.

This is manipulative behaviour and the fact that he is going out of his way to send cryptic messages to you via family members is especially disturbing. You need to contact the police so that it is logged with them. They’ll visit him and and remind him that his behaviour is inappropriate and needs to stop. If things escalate from there the police will be able to take him seriously and put procedures into place to protect you. Don’t tolerate this behaviour. It will only make him think he can take it a step further x

6 Likes

He is sick and doesn’t want to see you happy
I will speak to him & be tough and don’t make it sound u still want him back
Actually, u can get him in trouble if he keeps harassing ur family!

I worked with my EX and he didn’t dare to bug me!
U know why! Because i will take him to HR

Unless u enjoining the idea of 2 men fighting over you

Threatin him with a restraining order after one final time of making it perfectly clear and honestly I would look for another job

1 Like

Classic “don’t know what you have until it’s gone” mentality. Leave it be, ignore him, especially if you’re happy with your current.

Once a cheater always one they are incapable of changing once they know they can they never stop penises have no morals

Ignore him and get your family to block all contact. Done.

They always come running back.,once they cheat it will keep repeating.So you know already what should be done.

I’d call the police for harassment speak to ur boss aswell and get a restraining order or it will just get worse

Call a restraining order against him so he is only aloud to talk about work things tell him to back off make it clearer than its ever been

Your whole family needs to block him and if it still continues? Go to court,it’s harassment! Toxic d@!k is the worst.

Get a restraining order 🤷🏼 and file a complaint with HR

Get a restraining order tell your family to tell him he’s not wanted and if he keeps it up to report it to the police

You speak to him if he doesn’t get the message get your current bf to have words

Talk to the guy. You can’t just ignore it. Make it loud and clear… and if need be, have your bf there too and let the ex know you’re happy and you have moved on and NO LONGER LOVE HIM AT ALL. not even a little bit

Ignore him.
When he sees that he’s getting a reaction then he has won.
So your friends won’t invite you to parties?
Make new friends, get into a different circle
Personally, I would not have jumped into another relationship so soon or dated a work colleague.

Go & tell him straight you don’t want him, get your parents to block him & i personally would decline any offer of going out if he is there for a while until he gets the hint, work with him because you have to & that’s it

Ignore and block him. I had an ex like that and confronting him only led to him stalking me and breaking my cell phone.

get a new job or take it to HR

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. My ex keeps trying to find his way back into my life: Advice? - Mamas Uncut

I would let both you and the new boyfriend to talk to him in a public place so there will not be a fight or a yelling match… Good luck and don’t drop your life for someone elso

1 Like

I would start by changing things. If you truly want him gone, change jobs, find new friends that are separate from him. Stop hanging out with people you know he might be around. Cut all ties. Otherwise this is going to continue and ruin your current happy life!

2 Likes

Honestly, file a police report. It’s harassment at this point, that’s what I had to do with my ex who kept doing shit like that.

Get a new job and file a restraining order.

2 Likes

NO I read the first line nothing else. I took my ex back we are married now going on two years. Yah there ex’s for a reason !

If you don’t have kids get a restraining order done and get a new job as well as asking your boyfriend to get a new job as well. It sounds almost close to stalking and like he’s trying to make your life hell so that you would take him back or that your current boyfriend would leave as well.

Also get your father/parents to also fill out a restraining order to stop him from sending creepy text/calls to them.
If you do have kids go through the process of a DVO where he’s not allowed any contact incept kid contact only and you can set rules and limits.

1 Like

Confront your ex in writing that he’s to stay away from you and your family or the next thing he’s going to hear from you is being served with a restraining order and act on it if he keeps up. As far as your new boyfriend, let him know that your going to get a restraining order and never talk about your ex to your new boyfriend again - his deal with the ex yourself and talk to your dad about him. Don’t let your ex boyfriend poison your new relationship because that’s what he wants. Good luck!

First sentence - Stop
Answer: Don’t do it

Ok read the rest
TPO -
Harassment

Find new friends those weren’t really friends

PFA. Or restraining order NOW

If you TRULY don’t want anything to do with him you have to cut all ties. Change jobs. Family needs to block him. Maybe even stop hanging out with mutual friends.

2 Likes

He’s not doing anything to warrant a restraining order. Both of you talk to him together. Make it clear you want him to stop.

Tell. Him. Stop. It. And. Mean. It

And. If. He is. Stalking. U. U can get. A stocking. Order