My ex won't stop contacting our daughter

You can get a no contact order from the court. If he violates that order he can be arrested and go to jail.

What does your daughter want? Has he been in her life for a long time?

https://m.facebook.com/help/contact/144059062408922

Facebook doesn’t allow people to post minors under 13 without parental ok. If you fill out their thing and have the link to his picture they’ll remove it. Multiple times. You do have to prove the kid is yours/under age but that’s pretty easy. Also I do think that it qualifies as harassment and she’s super young so I’d speak with the police or a lawyer in your situation.

I would see how your daughter feels. Maybe she looks up to him as her dad. Maybe he looks at her as a daughter. Just because you don’t like him doesn’t mean that father/ daughter relationship ends because your love for eachother did. There’s no information in this post to say either way. You guys make no sense. You’re supposed to treat and raise a child that isn’t yours but if something happens between you and the bio parent you’re supposed to lose the child you were raising? Never speak to them again and forget it? Doesn’t sound right or fair to you or the child. Bonds get created and shouldn’t be ripped apart over selfishness.

2 Likes

The question is, what dose your daughter have to say about it? If he’s not saying or doing anything wrong why are you stopping them from having contact? You and him may have had a bad relationship but how was his relationship with her? If he was never a bad person to her and she still wants to talk to him I don’t understand the issue. If you don’t want to do the simplest thing like change her number then it’s not that big of a deal and you just want to control the situation. You can report her pictures on his Facebook.

3 Likes

The messages may seem innocent but could be grooming. Make sure you are paying attention. Get the courts involved and keep him away from her.

1 Like

You should be able to lock his number also report the photos to facebook

How does he get the info?

It’s good u broke him with him bcoz he has a sexual eye on yr little girl

1 Like

I must be reading this wrong I see nothing about a po. She just said he was told not to contact her. #1 how long was he in kids life, #2 does she have a problem with it, is she messaging back. The answer to those questions will tell if he is breaking an order or not following a bitter ex’s word . If he isn’t a danger and was in kids life and she wants any contact then you might want to rethink it. I have 2 step daughters and if me and dad ever broke up and he said I couldn’t talk to them because he was bitter and pissed off he could go to hell. I’ve been in their lives 7 years and thru countless trials and I know for a fact I would txt them regularly to check on them tell them I love and miss them. You said yourself he isn’t saying anything wrong so kinda sounds like you may be bitter. If that’s the case you will only hurt your kid

2 Likes

It doesn’t matter if he is not the father. My question is who told him not to have contact with her? If she has it in writing weather it be dissolution or divorce then he is in contempt.

2 Likes

Consult an attorney about him posting her pictures

Block his number from calling her phone either thru an app or thru your carrier and then you can report him for posting her picture.

2 Likes

Does it concern you that he has a motive behind this? Could it just be because he misses her and wants her in his life?

I mean unfortunately you brought this man into her life. If she wants to have a relationship it would be wrong to stop that. And frankly if you think this poorly of him and you didn’t think he was father material why would you ever bring him into her life anyways?

Can people not read? “Narcissist, manipulative, not father material while together and definitely not now” she also never stated that she was the one who just said no contact, she may already have gotten something from the courts or maybe not. Also not the biological father…he doesn’t have any rights and should not be posting your exes 11 year old on his social media. That’s just weird.

6 Likes

Honestly if he is doing no harm. I would let it go…maybe he views her as a daughter (how long has he been in her life) if my husband and I spilt he would still be allowed to see my 4 boys from a previous marriage that is their dad that is who they look up to. Just because adults have differences doesn’t mean a child needs to be drug down in an adult situation

Change her number. She’s 11?

Go to the cops and get an intervention order. She’s 11. Protect her.

3 Likes

There’s many different answers about this topic but I think it mostly just comes down to the circumstances.
If his a crappy partner but a good dad figure then I’d just leave it be, especially if she chooses she wants him in her life.
If he poses a threat or brings drama into your life then obviously take the route you must to get rid of him.

I know many people who stayed in a child’s life remaining to be “step dad” to the child, there’s absolutely nothing wrong in that UNLESS it is unhealthy and/or dangerous

I am very happy today for what God has used Prophet lago A great man of God to do in my life. i had misunderstanding with my wife in the past and so it led to us breaking up… but one day i saw a post of Lizzy who posted on the internet that Prophet Lago A great man of God help her with prayers that brought her Husband back so i decided to contact him to help me and he assured me that my wife will come back to me, luckily today i am very glad to write on this wall that Silvia my wife has come back to me after what this great man of God Prophet lago did for me. I don’t know how much to convey my gratitude to you sir for your help kindness towards me… words are not enough to express this feelings, for anyone who is having A problem today in his or her marriage relationship should not hesitate to visit this wonderful great man of God called prophet Lago contact email for help: [email protected] or Whatsapp him: +2347060550594.

Get a retraining order and be vigilant. Get screenshots of all those texts for evidence.

Block him from everything social media, phones, all phones actually and anything else

1 Like

Who told him not to contact her? Does she respond to him? Does it make her uncomfortable? Maybe he does miss her (and not you)
Not father but my grandmother’s ex husband was the only grandpa I knew and while everyone else had bad things to say about him after the divorce he was still my pawpaw… to this day I STILL talk to him. There is alot to weigh here. Some women just end up bitter after a split, especially if another human was involved but if he is there for her and SHE isn’t uncomfortable let it go, just keep it monitored :woman_shrugging:t2: can’t be mad at another person loving your child, if it’s innocent.