My family members don't think I should leave my kids for work: Advice?

Parents deserve to have a break and go on trips. My husband and I go on a trip every year just the two of us. Twice this year. Don’t listen to your family. Go and have a great time.

4 Likes

Do what you want to do. You are a big girl.It seems to me you have things very well planned and paid for. Go and enjoy yourself.

Girl! Take the trip. Enjoy that time to yourself. You deserve a break. Everyone does.

Gooooo!
If I knew my kids were good than I’d be good too.

If your bills are paid and the kids have food to eat then you are all set to go!!

1 Like

Imagine doing absolutely nothing until your kids are adults :joy:

1 Like

Go. My mother went for six weeks of training when I was a teen with siblings strung out behind me. We all did just fine.

Go have fun. Every mom can use a break. And do not feel bad about it.

Youve done everything to make sure your kids are looked after while you’re away, and it’s not like their little babies anymore. You need time for you, and you deserve it

1 Like

Go girl go! You deserve it. You’ll be an even better mom when you get back, if you aren’t already. Mom’s need a break and your kids are plenty old to not worry.

Good, Runn, have a great time!!!

GO! You need your time too!

If they are so concerned, then why don’t they step up and watch them?

2 Likes

Nooooo fck that I have 5 kids and 3 jobs summer hols is killing me n babysitters but u deserve a break

1 Like

Go!!! Gotta take care of yourself first :100:

1 Like

Have your family watch them

Oh no hunny you pack up and go have some fun !
It’s definitely okay to leave them with a sitter you trust especially if your bills are paid and etc

Absolutely go. If you trust your baby sitter and the kids like her. If you are feeling a little cautious, get a friend or family member to check on the kids.

1 Like

Have you had some vacations with the kiddos? If so you need to feel like you can enjoy yourself and come back refreshed. Do any of these family members parent alone?

Go! Have fun! To take care of them you need to take care of yourself too!

You, the kids and the babysitter will love it! Go! Your decision is the only one that counts!

1 Like

Your children actually need to learn that it’s ok 4 mom to go away and everything will be fine! If u start getting mom guilt maybe call them every night to say goodnight.

3 Likes

Your parenting will never be good enough for someone else. Go on the trip

3 Likes

If it’s either a sitter you know or a certified sitter, I don’t see an issue. If your family sees an issue, tell them they can help out by either paying your bills and you won’t go, or they can watch your kids for you while you go. If you are a single mother, you do what you have to do to provide for your children. Sometimes that means spending less time with them than you want to. It’s a bonus if you can have some fun while on a work trip.

2 Likes

As long as you trust the baby sitter and your kids have a way to reach you, go!

1 Like

My question is if they’re so concerned why don’t they step up and help you. You do you Mama you got everything taken care of so go ahead in my opinion and go

5 Likes

Gooooo! You need to take care of yourself too! If they have everything they need I don’t see any reason why you shouldn’t go :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Take the trip! Your kids will be just fine. Moms need a break too.

1 Like

If you have dependable child care lined up, go and have a great time! You’ll come back recharged.

3 Likes

Hell no, don’t listen to your family, you do you, you deserve a break, being a single mum is hard, noone understands until your in the situation, you need time to relax and have some me time

1 Like

Who TF is telling you that YOU ARE NEVER TO LEAVE YOUR KIDS UNTIL THEYRE 18?!
Go on the trip… 100% go… moms deserve fun time, moms deserve breaks, and vacations and good times…
your kids aren’t babies. You have someone to take care of them while you’re gone… GO.
F those family members making you feel like you don’t deserve this… go.

3 Likes

They’ll be fine! Go and get some YOU time

2 Likes

Absolutely go and have fun.

3 Likes

Go have fun. Shame on your family for not helping. If they don’t like a babysitter watching them then they should.

4 Likes

Screw them. This is your life. Your taking care of what needs taking care of and your one of those things. Go love your life. No apologies or approval required. Tell them until they pay your bills you don’t think they need a say.

3 Likes

Go - If they want to pay you to stay home fine, but you are working to provide for your children. Ask them to babysit - ha ha .

2 Likes

It’s not about what your family wants,pay them No attention,sounds like you’re responsible and have everything under control, Go enjoy yourself,You Deserve It.

1 Like

Is your family paying your bills? Is your family raising your kids? If you have secured a reliable caretaker, GO!!!

3 Likes

Sounds like a WIN WIN situation :heart:

GO !!! You need to have a life too. You have everything covered and it will do you so much good. And it will be good for the kids too. They need to see how life can be with someone else in charge. Go and have FUN !!!

1 Like

None of anyone’s business. You pay your bills and your kids are loved and taken care of. Go

Pack them bags and get going!

My parents took trips by themselves when I was young.

You better go girl… Enjoy!!!

I think your amazing to be doing all this as a single mum.
You deserve a break as long as your kids are safe that’s the main thing

2 Likes

They don’t pay your bills nor do they babysit for you obviously. This is a job opportunity. As long as you know 1000% your kids are gonna be safe and cared for then go. If you have any doubt that mom gut feeling to stay then stay if not then go and I hope your business picks up.

1 Like

Go!!! I can’t say this enough times!!

1 Like

You should go your family isn’t paying your bills or taking care.of your kids so.

2 Likes

Run, don’t walk! A happy parent is a better parent. You deserve a break!

If you have someone you feel will take good care of them …then GO Go GO…I wish I could come

1 Like

It’s a product that I use it’s not work I would be learning more about the product and new products coming out and the science behind them

You have your ducks in a row . Go for it !

go girl, go just make sure jour children are looked after and jou know the person well.

Omg dont listen to them go and enjoy yourself!!! You pay the Bill’s you take care of your own kids you have a right to be someone other than just a MOM!!!

Just make sure you take they on vacation some where to

Go. It’s hard being a stay at home mom. I’ll be 27 this month and I have a 6 and 2 year old, I have separation anxiety (I I don’t let them see it because I saw it and it caused issues for me as a child separating from my parents, when my daughter was only six months old I had left for a week to go to Cancun and it was a very hard decision to make but the trip was already paid for and I would’ve look like a jerk if I didn’t go I also knew that I needed a break even though it felt like hell leaving my kids. Everyone was encouraging for me to go because they know the separation anxiety I had for my now six year old. You need your time you deserve you time others opinions don’t matter not even on here goes what makes you feel most comfortable, if you feel the need to To take a break then that’s what you should do in my opinion. I’m sure this wasn’t very helpful but I just wanted to put in my two cents because I’ve been in your situation

Go!!! You deserve it!

As a single parent i wish i had done more . Please go and enjoy . Trust me the kids will love the freedom as much as you .

Go the kids will see it as an adventure

I think you should go. You should have your time. You can call them.

Moms need breaks too. As long as you’ve gotten everything taken care of go.

Every parent deserves a getaway take the trip or you will definitely regret it

1 Like

Go. No doubt about it. Go go go and don’t feel guilty at all.

1 Like

If you trust the person go for and let those members why they didn’t watch them if r feel that. Enjoy your self

1 Like

Go and have a great time!

Sometimes you need to take care of you. Some day your kids will be grown and gone and sometimes they won’t call to check in on you. Take care of you.

Omg go and enjoy yourself. I went on a vacation for 7 days when my son was a toddler. Someone is always going to say something, if you have everything lined up already and you know your kids are going to be well taken care of I say go for it. You only live once!

3 Likes

Unless they’re paying everything for you they shouldn’t be telling you what to do in regards to your finances or your kids.

Go on the trip, you have been responsible and the kids are set to be taken care of. You deserve to be away from them even if it’s not for work. Self care is so important. It will make you a better mom. Hugs and love.

2 Likes

Girl their going to be fine I say go for it

1 Like

Go! As long as your kids are set! You need to have some time for you!

Go! The kids willl be fine!

Go, have fun, the kids will be fine.

Omg go have fun fuck what your family thinks I left my 8momth old and 2 years old 3 times this summer for 3-4 day festivals. You’re only young once too. Live your life as long as your kids are taken care of you got a sitter why not.

Go, you deserve the break from them.

Go on the trip!! As long as your kids will be a with someone healthy and trust worthy! GOOo!!

If its a good trusting person looking after children it’s ok " but not something I could do " if anything happens to your children you will never forgive yourself "

Go have some you time momma!!

Omg mom please go. Don’t let your family use guilt on you.

I once babysat two small kids (1 and 3) for 2 weeks while their parents went on vacation. The parents got a nice break, and the kids were happy and well cared for while they were gone. I think those trips are absolutely okay on occasion.

Tell them to start paying you a living wage and you will stay home

Go have fun!! And do not feel guilty!!

Your kids are not babies, they are great age to enjoy time with a sitter and you need a break too occasionally. Don’t let others make you feel bad. The kids will be fine, maybe have local friends or fam check in on them if u feel nervous or fam feels like stopping by (if they are nearby) but go enjoy ur trip!

Go! You’ve made arrangements for your children to be cared for. You need time for yourself also. Have fun.