My father didn't show to my baby shower: Advice?

My baby shower was a few days ago and my father never showed. He told he was going too and then he didn’t and he never answered me after the fact. I know him and my mom have had their issues but I’m so let down by this… he wants to be at the hospital when I give birth but since he’s ignoring me now I don’t think I want him to be. Would it be wrong of my to text him that since he’s ignoring me?

3 Likes

The only way he can be at hospital when you are having the baby is to let him know when you’re there. So just don’t let him know

Hell Yeah…He missed the baby hour & shower So let’s banish Him from the Birth of His Grandchild …Forever …Proving to Him Your Wisdom & Your Mercy …not to mention Your total control of Your Own Unforgiving Heart …besides its only Your Dads Heart Your Crushing …He don’t need it anymore cause He missed the Big Baby hour & Shower

2 Likes

Or just leave Him in Peace …He is a grown man perfectly capable of Making His own decisions as to How He spends His Time …did You give Him some advance notice about His grandchild Baby shower ? …sounds like Your creating a conflict where there is None …

Giving birth is a very stressful moment. If having someone there will add to your stress in any way, it’s okay to tell them they can’t be there. They can always visit after the baby is born. The most important thing is the mom and baby health and mental health.

1 Like

These comments are not it. It’s messed up if he said he would be there and wasn’t. I would just not inform him of anything until the baby arrives. It’s your day and if you’re not comfortable having him there then you don’t need to.

Men don’t typically go to baby showers don’t punish him

Back in the day men did NOT go to baby showers. It was for women only. I know several men who would NOT go if invited because this was the way they were raised. Get over it.

3 Likes

It sucks that your dad wasn’t there for you on a big day. My guess is this may be a common occurrence. If so, he probably won’t make it to the hospital either. I’d just tell him to visit when you guys get home.

If you are doing it to be spiteful which is what it sounds like, yep, wrong.

What you should do is to give it some time and try to get in contact with him to see what is going on.

Is he depressed?

Are the “issues” with your Mom causing him some stress?

Can you ask your Mom what is up?

Maybe your Dad needs you right now, Your support… Your empathy… Your compassion. Ask him if he needs you?

Don’t just jump to “tit for tat” behavior.

Try to resolve the issues between you in an adult fashion.