My fiance does not want my friends coming to our wedding: Advice?

Hmmm sounds a bit suss to me

Y’all could tell her for 2 years straight there are red flags all over and she will still believe him and his excuses over any of you. Wake up and pay attention! He is grooming you to see how far now he can take it and if you continue by the time your married a controlling narcissist will be in full force ruining your life.

20 Likes

This is a small window into the future with him. Call off the engagement

5 Likes

That’s what the marriage will be like. He will try and control you.

1 Like

Big red flags. Run while you can.

1 Like

Do not marry this man. Cancel the wedding plans.

That is not a man, that is a very large red flag in disguise.

Get out while you still can.

3 Likes

Serious Maturity issuses. Red Flag On The Play

2 Likes

Don’t just walk away run he’s saying he wants side chics and you be ok with it

4 Likes

These are the type of red flags you pay attention to before saying i do. I speak to my husband’s friends but we dont all hang out. I also have friends he doesn’t hang out with . Its good for both of you to have separate friend groups as well as mutual

9 Likes

Maybe you shouldn’t get married if your not allowed your own friends but he is?

1 Like

I saw this happen to a friend and by the time the wedding happened he made her change 3 bridesmaids and she no longer is friends with any of them who she grew up with. Pretty sad and this man is very controlling! Red flag! Still controls her moves. We all warned her! Sometimes that big wedding and big ring is not worth what you will deal with later!

2 Likes

Get rid of him. He is controlling you. And if you still marry him, he will see it as he owns you. It will get worse. Maybe to the point of him being violent with you. You deserve someone that will trust you to have female friends. He made it clear on the rules he wants. Now its up to you, either leave him and find better. Or do as he says. Please take our advice and dont marry this man. You already know it’s not right what he is doing and wants.

Sounds like a control thing for him and double standards.
Why does he get to have friends that aren’t you’re friends but you don’t? It might be him whose living a double life :woman_shrugging: Stand your ground girl x

2 Likes

You don’t need our help. You know what you have to do. If you don’t want to break it off then at least get WITH him to a therapist ASAP! Or does he want separate couple’s counseling too? Lol.

2 Likes

Do not marry this person. You will be sorry.

3 Likes

The closer someone believes they are to keeping you “locked down”, the more their true colors show. This is controlling behavior, and I seriously caution you moving forward with this. I suggest counseling before getting married (if you don’t want to leave).

8 Likes

Nope, don’t get married! Run. That’s what happened to me at a young age and was literally controlled, couldn’t have friends but he could. Run out you’ll regret it. I’m sure glad I finally got away mammy years ago. And believe when we say he will cheat on you

5 Likes

Run ! My husband and I got married in October but we didn’t have a wedding wedding. We are planning the wedding now and I have 60 people coming that are co workers and friends that he doesn’t know and he has like 8. He told me I could invite as many as I wanted. This sounds very toxic and controlling. He’s acting like this now just imagine when y’all get married.

No , No, No run please.

3 Likes

That’s a red flag :triangular_flag_on_post:.

1 Like

Know your worth! Make decisions and don’t let this man tell you what to do! Good luck though

He said he wanted separate lives …that to me would be the end of the relationship. He’s already wanting out. You have 2 children together. How long have you been together? And he’s just Now asking you to marry him…IN 2 YEARS!

what about this is fishy?
Wake up honey and smell the coffee. I’m pretty sure he has another life . Sorry.

9 Likes

Call that s*** off now! :thinking::heart::pray::v::muscle:

Control. Your friends are invited, just like his💀

Red flags.
Run. For and fast.
Now.

1 Like

Run. I typically give advice to try and salvage people’s relationships because everyone on here says to leave… but this is one of those times where they’re right.

Or, you could fight your way around it. Tell him he needs to stop being controlling and you’ll have as many gurl friends as you want, and if he has a problem with that, then he’s probably f***in’ one of them.

15 Likes

The control issue will only get worss.

2 Likes

Break off the engagement. He is not the one. He sounds controlling, and that is a serious red flag.

2 Likes

Red Flags
That’s controlling behavior right there.

GIRL ARE YOU SURE YOU WANA MARRY HIM??? if he’s this controlling over some friends, imagine all the other things he could possibly control…RUN GIRL RUUUUUUUN​:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Maybe he has some type of secret agenda, like he may have some relations with one of them. Who knows…but its a No for me. Please don’t hang yourself. Your worth is far more greater than he.

3 Likes

Do NOT marry this man unless you’re a fan of being controlled and removed from your family and friends.

2 Likes

It’s only going to get worse when you get married. Been there, done that. Save yourself the abuse and divorce attorney fee. RUN

2 Likes

I’m sorry I’m usually the first to try different ways to work things out but this is a huge red flag. Please talk to someone you trust about this and make a safety plan to get away.

14 Likes

:triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post: run and don’t look back.

2 Likes

It’s giving controlling…

3 Likes

Your in for a life flipped upside down its so hard to see when ur in love but if u proceed your going to think back on the advice many on here are giving and you will wish you’d of listened. Get out don’t waste your young years love yourself more!!! This won’t end well

8 Likes

I’m just gonna say you need to take a real hard look at your relationship. Your thoughts are on par. You don’t need to be with him 24/7 and it’s ludicrous to say they can’t come to the wedding especially since it’s 2 yrs away things change. You may be closer friends by then or not at all. He is trying to guilt you into feeling like you’re doing something wrong by having friends an doing things with them without him. There’s a control issue coming to light you need to reassess your situation and possibly make a break from him instead of committing to him.

6 Likes

I would run far away. My kids dad was like this. He would leave to go party with his friend all the time leave me alone to do everything with the kids. Come home just to verbally abuse me and cheat on me while he was out. But I wasn’t allowed to have friends over nor go hangout with any of mine. Only time I left the house was on his terms with him and his friends. It ruined my life in the end. He took my kids from me for a long time. Lied about me to everyone and I ended up almost dying from trying to commit suicide. Guys like that control you to the point you aren’t yourself anymore. I’m still not the same person I used to be. I’m still trying to heal. :frowning:

7 Likes

DO NOT LET HIM PUSH YOUR FRIENDS OUT!!! That’s the first sign of abusive behaviour. In my opinion

8 Likes

That’s the beginning of abuse. Isolation. Lucky for you he’s showing these signs now instead of after your married what you take from it is completely up to you, but please be safe.

10 Likes

Wow he’s starting to show his colours…imagine how bad it’s gunna be when he’s actually got you locked down into a marrige and how crazy hard it’s gunna be to get rid of him then

5 Likes

She ain’t gon listen ladies, she’s gona end up marrying the guy​:woman_facepalming:t2::woman_facepalming:t2::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:no need wasting giving advice​:roll_eyes:

5 Likes

I can’t even comprehend this level of idiocy :woman_facepalming: I’m thinking you are the side chick and just don’t know it

2 Likes

Sounds controlling run hun

2 Likes

Red flag right there

3 Likes

Stay true to yourself, yes you don’t need to be together 24/7

2 Likes

Are you all reading the same post I am? Her fiance is mad because she has friends and wants to invite them to the wedding. He is he telling her that SHE wants to live to 2 separate lives, one with her friends and one with him. He still sounds like a jealous, controlling asshole who wants to distance her from her friends. But it’s not about him wanting to have girlfriends lmao

He’s already controlling you. Run dude. This crap doesn’t get better.

6 Likes

One of the first like ten manipulation tactics is to isolate you from family and fiends. I would tread very lightly and I would give marrying him some VERY SERIOUS THOUGHT. Try reading psychopath free it has a lime green cover and you can get it on Amazon. Honestly if you are hesitant try reading some of this book, it really help put things into perspective. I honestly wish you the best.

16 Likes

Tell him you only have one Dad, and it’s not him! He’s trying to control your decisions, and that’s a huge issue…

1 Like

An abusive spouse will always alienate

6 Likes

Please don’t marry this guy. Leave with your heart intact. Guys like this just crush the life right out of you and once you get married it will get worse until you are just a mere shell of your existence. I wish someone would have told me this before I married my ex husband. Good luck mama.

4 Likes

Oy

I’m just gonna say it

He’s controlling. And probably manipulative

It will only get worse from here

I know

I married him anyways. And now 10 years later I’m exhausted, stressed , tired and thinking how much I made a mistake

Don’t be like me

11 Likes

Leave please, it’ll be harder to hold on than let go in the long run. He will try and convince you otherwise

1 Like

This is not a healthy relationship

3 Likes

He’s controlling i wouldn’t want to get married to this man

2 Likes

Weird to me that he’s allowed to have friends and invite them but you aren’t. Have they made any passes at him and he’s trying to protect you? Does he feel they aren’t good friends? Is he controlling? Just some questions to better understand the situation.

Time to move on to better things you will find your true love before you know it because it’s not him sounds like everything is about him and you don’t want that leave asap

Listen to what your being told. He is showing his real colors. Break up and run to the nearest exit.

2 Likes

Honey… He doesn’t trust you. He’s presumably worried about what “type” of people they are (would they encourage you to cheat if situation arose, etc). He’s thinking worse case scenario. He just doesn’t know them. Invite them over, hang out at home something casual so they can meet. Then maybe it’ll ease his mind.

If he’s not willing to do that, and just saying “you don’t need friends” then he’s just trying to control you. :triangular_flag_on_post:

1 Like

Whew girl. You better get out of that.

1 Like

How are you not getting it? Nobody can be that “S”!! You need to love yourself. I feel sorry for the little love and respect you give yourself

Sounds like he’s too immature/insecure, to be getting married. I’d hold off on it, if this is REALLY that big of a deal. If it’s just a, “small problem”, than screw you. :man_shrugging::sweat_smile:

:speaking_head:GET OUT NOW WHILE YOU STILL CAN!! This dude has red flag :triangular_flag_on_post:written all over him.

2 Likes

You better do some second thinking with this guy!!! Sick controlling and it WILL get worse!!! This can sometimes be VERY DANGEROUS AND LEAD TO ABUSE!!!

2 Likes

Typical narcissist behavior. He wants to isolate and control you. Believe me— lesson learned the hard way. RUN

11 Likes

That’s a HUGE red flag. My baby daddy was the same way except he blamed me for cheating on him instead when I was with my girl friends lol

3 Likes

I don’t know, this already sounds worrisome. You both should be able to have your own friends. Sounds way to controlling for me :woman_shrugging:t2::woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Wow! I would think really hard about whether or not you really want to marry him and live like that.

2 Likes

I have a feeling there’s more.to it than him being controlling
Maybe it’s more because they are NEW friends and maybe neither of you know them well or maybe he doesn’t like the NEW friends because of how they act or how you act around them :woman_shrugging:
You didn’t say he has a problem with you inviting any of your other friends

2 Likes

Hit the brakes on that one for sure!!!

2 Likes

Sounds like a domestic abuser

2 Likes

Maybe hit the “pause” button for awhile :smirk:

1 Like

A lot of people are saying he’s controlling, and they’d be right. But he also sounds possessive, and thats never good. He does not own you. He sounds insecure too.

6 Likes

Have it in Vegas, or so far from home that nobody will follow you.

My advice after learning the hard way is - if he’s already trying to control the situations and you, don’t do it. I wasn’t allowed to have any friends except his family and even at that I had to ask if I could go somewhere. That is just one of the problems we had. I only stayed married for 3 years because of the threats he then started laying on me. My dear lady this is not a good sign except for the fact that he’s showing a little bit to you of his true color. If your needing help already, it will be worse and harder on you and your kids if and when it goes sour after the marriage. I am gonna pray that God watches over you and can answer to your spirit if this is the right thing to do. God bless you and your kids and I pray whatever your decision is, it will work out for you.:pray::pray:

5 Likes

I wouldn’t marry that guy. Lol

2 Likes

get away from that relationship

2 Likes

Although many will consider this a red flag for controlling / abusive behavior , there’s something to be said that he’s talking to you about it. Generally an abuser would try to do it the back door way, put a strain between you guys. By voicing it it’s deliberate and intentional, if he lies and said that your friend tried to kiss him one night at dinner or that she was running her mouth about you as a mom your mad at her and his hands are clean. I think it’s very significant that he’s choosing to communicate, instead of a big fight during Initial convo he thought about it which is also important. Not to be nosey but can you expand on your new friends? How did you meet them in a way he’s that uninvolved, I ask becusae maybe its more than just them, he feels not included in something he believes your really enjoying and doesn’t want to be left behind( new job, new hobby etc)He’s using the wedding as becusae it’s the only time he gets a say really. Your response indicates (I could be wrong) Ithat he’s not normally controlling or abusive which is why your thrown off. So if that’s true I think that this is absolutely something to address however he’s showing an ability to communicate, receive and process information which are amazing qualities wnd most importantly I think the basic concept of not wanting to drift into a relationship of two ppl who happen to be married is important. I feel like maybe he’s just wasting to make sure he doesn’t loose you and loose what you have ultimately so he’s trying to put up things to help rhat…

3 Likes

He’s quite insecure. Red flags here. Don’t marry him.

3 Likes

Sounds like he’s trying to isolate you by manipulating you.

10 Likes

He’s got control issues.
And maybe feeling one or two of your friends

4 Likes

He slept with one of them or one of them knows something about him he doesn’t want you to know.

9 Likes

don’t get married!! this is a warning :warning: if he is possessive, controlling now, imagine later… he will believe that you are his possession.

6 Likes

I literally lost my house over a guy just like that. My mistake for trusting him He wanted me to have nothing to do with my family and just him and it was his way or no way. Do not I REPEAT never give up your family or friends for any man. It will only get worse trust me. I got out and he never got my heart and soul he got my house the ass but not my heart and soul Or THE LOVE I HAVE FOR MY FAMILY

2 Likes

Run… :triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post:

8 Likes

Tell him anyone that your not friends with can come either then lol people don’t decide to be controlling overnight so I’d think long and hard what kind of life you want.

Um. Just jumping in to say RUN :running_woman:

1 Like

I hate to say it but it sounds like cold feet to me

:rofl: oh… you guys definitely ate not ready for marriage. Slow down. He’s trying reverse psychology. Hilarious. He needs to grow up. Seriously. Slow down…

1 Like

Ain’t no way in hell. He needs a reality check.

1 Like

Don’t get married… That’s controlling af!!! Run before it gets worse.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t marry the guy . Seems controlling

2 Likes

I agree with Shivon Almeida i think he slept with one of them…

2 Likes

He isn’t ready to be a good husband yet

Do not get married!! Are you willing to live a life where you can’t have friends that aren’t mutual but he can live separate lives with friends that aren’t mutual?! Hell no. Controlling. Manipulative. Red flags all over the place

7 Likes

Major red flag! Please think long and hard before you marry him!

1 Like

Sounds like he’s being controlling. Honestly, I’d run now while you can. It will only get worse. You said it yourself, he’s allowed to have his friends…. But he doesn’t want you having friends unless he is also friends with them…… that’s controlling

3 Likes

Woah woah woah woah. Major red flags :triangular_flag_on_post: he wants all the control here. Don’t give him that don’t marry him

2 Likes