My fiance is against me wearing a bikini: Thoughts?

You don’t have to reveal your body to be confident, dear. Confidence is more than just taking off. He might just be jealous of other men looking at your hot body! There are other ways you might know if he’s making you feel confident. However, if he doesn’t make you feel comfortable and destroys your inner peace, then you have tu dump him tbh.

2 Likes

Woah. I’m sure you’ve been told major :triangular_flag_on_post:… any man should be proud to show you off and see you shine in a bikini. I hope your guy comes around and spends less time controlling what you wear and more time celebrating how amazing his girl is. Best wishes​:heart:.

2 Likes

Run…seriously. Never let a man tell you what you can and can’t wear. If he’s like this before marriage, imagine how much worse it’ll get after.

1 Like

Id be calling it all off, or at least postponing indefinitely. He sounds controlling & shouldn’t be adding to you feeling uncomfortable, especially if youre going to marry the guy. He needs to change his ways, and fast.

Its starting already. Dont walk down that aisle

Run! In a year you will wish you had. If he is this controlling now, it will only get worse.

2 Likes

Red glad sorry. Your body and you rock that bikini

Your wedding is your day to feel like a fucking queen if you are making compromises to keep him happy hun he’s the problem

dont marry him sounds controlling it will get worse been there

2 Likes

Drop him! Do not marry him if he is making you feel bad about yourself. I PROMISE IT WILL ONLY GET WORSE! Do you want to spend your life feeling the way he makes you feel? You should not marry a man like that.

2 Likes

No girl!!! You can do better than this man! If he loves you he won’t leave you feeling like this :heartpulse:

Wtf girl do not marry him!!!

Don’t even marry him!

Girl you can get yourself some cakes & some icecream & keep on loving every inch of you! If he cant get on board then leave his ass!! Thats super controlling

It’s your body and you should feel comfortable wearing whatever you want. The way he makes you feel now will only get worse after you get married. Please think hard about marrying him. Good luck!

1 Like

Ummm wear the damn bikini ! It’s ur body if ur comfortable who cares :woman_shrugging: he prolly jus don’t want everyone admiring the goods :grin:

I’d be more concerned about your intent to marry this guy than your swimwear.

8 Likes

Hold in. How are your babies less then a month apart? Im confused

1 Like

Pic of the bikini You need some love and support. I’m sure you look so much better than in your head! Dont let him bring you down!

I know women are suppose to boost women, but women are also the first to talk shit about other women too. I’ve seen plenty of people in general wearing things they probably shouldn’t be wearing. Yeah I’d like to have that confidence but I’d also like someone to be honest if something isn’t flattering on me too. So could this guy be controlling? Possibly. Or could he be trying to save her from snide remarks at the beach that could ruin an otherwise good time? You know the saying just because it fits doesn’t mean you should wear it… But in the end it’s your choice, your body and do what you want. 🤷

Why would you need reveal your body to feel beautiful? :woman_facepalming:

2 Likes

It could be many reasons why he dont want u to.
And I agree with him it is pretty much bra and underwear.

Go to Florida without him and wear a damn bikini!

I’d tell him not your body not your decision then boot his ass to the curb

Wear the bikini that’s a huge red flag as well altering your wedding dress for him

2 Likes

Sounds like you gotta throw the whole fiance away.

4 Likes

That’s a huge red flag. This is seldom a “one off” thing. Im almost certain that he’s controlling in other areas. Please love yourself and don’t dilute who you are for him. Losing the money that you’ve invested in planning this wedding is nothing compared to the years that you will waste trying to fit into his mold.

6 Likes

If he’s making you feel that self-conscious, throw the man away. He is mentally abusive already.

4 Likes

Walk away- it only gets worse. What kind of man would say those things to a woman

2 Likes

Yeah if he is trying to control how you dress, you might should rethink marrying him.

3 Likes

If he ain’t your mama, and you ain’t 10, why tf he telling you what to wear??

5 Likes

Either leave or quit bitching. No one on here can make you love yourself other than yourself. And you don’t have to listen to a man that’s not your dad. Or even your dad. Bitch you’re grown.

Wear the damn bikini

Compromises on your wedding dress? Why would you want to live the rest of your life not having what you want matter?

4 Likes

:sos::stop_sign::no_entry_sign::running_woman:t3::running_woman:t3::running_woman:t3::running_woman:t3::running_woman:t3:

1 Like

You can compromise get a cute cover-up Im58 I’d wear one

Why does he get to control what you wear?? It’s your body and it’s your wedding day too. Do what makes you feel beautiful and like you, not what someone else wants you to look like! If he’s not happy with what you choose yourself to wear he can step on cause this sounds like a BIG RED FLAG :triangular_flag_on_post:

He sounds jealous, you need to really think if you are going to be happy with a man who tells you what you can or can not wear. It does not sound like he has any issues with your body other than the idea of somebody else seeing it

1 Like

Fuck that. Do you. Don’t listen to anyone else. Also… don’t marry that dickhead

I’d honestly just put on a bra and underwear and lounge by the pool to spite him :woman_shrugging:t2:

7 Likes

Um what?! If you feel comfortable in a bikini he should be supporting your choice and building your confidence!!! If he can’t accept you wearing a bikini and stop being a jerk, tell him you don’t want to marry him anyways and that you and your babes will go to Florida with out him.

1 Like

I don’t mean this rude I swear… But maybe you should rethink marrying him if he already is dictating what you can and can’t wear. I’ve been in a relationship like that and it turned abusive, both physically and mentally he became very controlling. Just a thought. But I also think a female should be able to wear whatever she wants and if you feel comfortable in a bikini rock that shit!

You can tell him right where to go and how to get there. He shouldn’t be telling you what you can and can’t wear or shouldn’t wear he should be asking what color do you want. Tell him to F off and do it anyways if he can’t support it he can cram it

If it’s not a thong I don’t see what the issue is. Maybe you should tell him how you feel. Were you wearing bikinis when you met him if so there shouldn’t be an issue.

Dont compromise on your dream dress and dont change your swim suit to appease a partner. He should be encouraging you to love your body!! Hell, i gained 50 lbs with back to back babies, i am now a plus size lady and my man calls me gorgeous and sexy every chance he gets. Dont settle for less!!:heart:

2 Likes

Wear it! I wish I felt comfortable in a bikini again after my 3 kids… I haven’t wore one in 10 years due to my kids.

This definitely is a much more deeply rooted issue than just you wearing a bikini. It’s jealously, insecurity, and control to name a few. Sometimes, with people like that, if you give in, you’ll have to keep giving in for every little thing to keep them happy. It’s not worth it and it’s not healthy. :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Step 1: don’t marry him.

4 Likes

If he is already trying to tell you what to wear and yall not married you might want to rethink the marriage whats he going to try to control when yall are

1 Like

This is coming from a guy. All these ladies are 100% right. … if he is being like this now about what you wear… in 5 years he’s gonna keep you locked in house and be a beer runner

1 Like

Repeat after me: no one :clap:t2: has :clap:t2: control :clap:t2: over :clap:t2: what :clap:t2: you :clap:t2: wear :clap:t2:

It’s his issue.
Not your issue.
If you want to wear a bikini, wear the darn thing.

3 Likes

I was with a man exactly like that. Wasted TEN YEARS of my life. Do. Not. Marry. Him. You need to get as far away from him as possible.

1 Like

He is too controlling now. How do think he will be after you are HIS wife. Obviously he doesn’t understand the real you. Postpone the wedding until he gets a clue!

1 Like

RUN!!! Run far away and never look back!

1 Like

Um any real husband wouldn’t tell you what you can and can’t wear. Thats controlling and disgusting

4 Likes

I’m sorry to be harsh but yikes. Without even seeing you I know you’re way too beautiful to be dealing with that crap. That behavior will not stop, it will only get worse once you are married to the man. He shouldn’t be making the rules about what YOU wear. He should gas you up in anything you want to wear.
Please reconsider this marriage for your sake… maybe therapy before marriage? I know alot of couples that did that

1 Like

Wtf!!!
I’d be doing so serious looking for more red flags in his behavior before marrying a man who would ever make you doubt yourself!

Wear what you want 🙍 what’s going to happen if you wear a bikini? The world probably won’t end. Someone might untie your top and your b**bs pop out. That’s worst case scenario.

1 Like

Wow u have already compromised on the wedding dress!!! Be happy with yourself, this is suppose to be a happy time!!!

Don’t marry someone who’s already making you feel bad about yourself and costing you your self confidence.

Wear whatever you want and whatever makes you comfortable. Tell your fiancé to fuck off.

Fuck him. Someone at the beach is gonna see you in that bikini and think you’re gorgeous- BECAUSE YOU ARE😍

Run don’t marry him. After you get married he will have more rules for you!

5 Likes

Been there done that. RUN!!!

Run far and fast, the warning signs are there. It starts small and grows until there is nothing left of who you are. I don’t know you but no women deserves to feel less because of a man.

We are all with you. Please please don’t marry this man. This behaviour will only get worse, hon. This is how DV starts, He’ll eventually start hitting you. Xx

2 Likes

No Ni Missouri n might just button disenfranchisement

If you’re comfortable and happy and happy in your skin nothing else should matter doll. You are a beautiful mom, people tend to point out their own insecurities in others. JS.

I dont usually say this on posts… but RUN girl! No guy should dictate what u wear! Huge red flag!

1 Like

I wouldn’t marry him, he will break you.

2 Likes

Your fiance should make you feel good about yourself … not bad … he should not be trying to control your wardrobe … you should be able to wear what you want …

5 Likes

Is he always this controlling? I see the flags also!!

4 Likes

Step back and think marrying him

1 Like

When he is a woman and had a women’s body with women’s fashion options, he can wear what he wants :two_hearts: until then, tell him enjoy the show or close your eyes.
The end.

No, wear that bikini!

Him telling you ALREADY what not to wear is a huge red flag

1 Like

Well thats sad that you would have to change for another. I’m sorry hun but don’t let any man tell you who to be how to feel or what to wear husband or not it’s your body YOUR body not his if he doesn’t like it well tell him to look the other way remember you have to love yourself before you can truly love anyone else. I hope you wear it and enjoy yourself

First of all he’s tampering with your confidence and self esteem by making controlling statements like that. You don’t need to alter your body but you should alter your relationship because that’s not cool. That’s exactly how verbal abuse starts with little sneaky attacks/ remarks.

1 Like

Wear whatever you want, when you want. My motto has always been if you don’t like it don’t look at it :raised_hands:t2:

Im just curious how you have babies a month apart?..

3 Likes

Omg no. My ex was like this. Run and run far

1 Like

Run I’ve been there that just the being it’s gets worse

He needs to go. Trust me and every other woman in this. ANY one that makes you feel like crap about yourself needs to go.

Don’t marry a man that does not build you up, it will only get worse.

2 Likes

Fuck that. Wear the dress u want. Hell wear a white bikini down the isle if u want.

Please don’t marry him

Narcissist! Run far away from him girl!!

2 Likes

What is he going to be controlling in another year or two it gets worse not better

1 Like

Get out while you can. Big, red flags. You should never be body-shamed, especially not by “your person”. He should be loving every stretch mark, every curve, every ounce of you❤

2 Likes

Dow whatever that makes u feel comfortable :heart:I hate my body after having my daughter :sob::100:I don’t see nothing attractive about it after having her

I would wait to get married lol

Sounds a bit controlling. Try sitting down with him and explaining that you’re only comfortable wearing bikinis and him not allowing it is causing you to lose your confidence. Tell him how you feel. Tell him you’re not wearing the bikini for others this is for yourself and for you to feel good about yourself. :two_hearts: However, I do agree with others and would consider not going through with the wedding because your significant other should support you and build you up, not tear you down.

Then he is winning. You losing your confidence is what he wants. He’s already controlling you. It’ll get worse.

2 Likes

What hes telling you what not to wear already…run girl run. I have been there…first it’s what you can wear who you can talk to where you can go. Sounds like he’s also putting you down with your body…sorry if I was you please don’t marry him. It won’t be long till he starts hitting you

1 Like

You made compromises on your wedding dress? Was it a price matter or he didn’t like the dress? Do not let him dictate what you wear if you do it will only get worse first its a bikini then it’s the shade of lipstick until he is dictating everything you are allowed to wear and buy. Put your foot down now before it’s to late.

3 Likes

my advice is don’t marry him. he’s an insecure man baby and you’re being psychologically abused.

U wear it he has no right bulling u.

Noone has the right to tell you what to wear!!!

Red flag… :frowning: been through this myself, it gets worse because if they control the little things it adds up to the bigger things later. Hope you get away x

1 Like

If it bothers him don’t wear it. Us women are so empowered we forget to consider how our men feel. I don’t think it’s controlling as long as he’s not a controlling individual. If he’s not showing signs of being hyper sensitive to everything, than compromising is ok! It’s not oh leaveeee him oh red flag oh this or that. Just consider his feelings and wear a cool little split onsie or a strapless onsie Jazz it up! And have fun.

2 Likes

If he doesn’t make you feel good before the wedding he won’t after.

2 Likes

I think it depends on the why… it sounds like he’s coming from a place of modesty and you’re interpreting it as body shaming. I think understanding the reasoning behind the request is important. All these" I am woman, hear me roar" need to take a step back and realise, most often times there are two sides.
It may be he’s a respectable, modest guy or he could be a complete controlling, chauvinist a-hole. You’ll find communication and understanding one another is pivotal in navigating marriage. I would strongly encourage you to inquire if it’s your own insecurity or him and deal with the root accordingly.

3 Likes