My fiance is way older than me but I want a baby: Advice?

I and my fiance have a large age gap. He is 52 years old, and I’m still young enough to have more children with no concern. I already have a 6-year-old but have always wanted more than one child. He has no children of his own, helps raise my child like his own, but would do anything to have one of his very own. We have always talked about having a baby, but his age worries me. Is it even possible at 52, and is that fair to the child? He would be at least 70 when the child is 18. I was also diagnosed with PCOS recently and not even sure of my own chances of getting pregnant or the timeline it would take. I wouldn’t feel like I was on a strict baby timeline if it wasn’t for my fiance being the age he is. Everyone keeps telling me it’ll happen if it’s meant to. But I need more solid support than that with such a huge life-changing event. Has anyone else dealt with a similar situation? Advice?

81 Likes

Girl tomorrow isn’t promised for anyone. Do what makes you happy. Dont let all the people on that post say their sad because they have old parents. Anyone can leave us at anyday. Enjoy every minute of the life you want sweetheart​:purple_heart::blue_heart::heart:

FIRST PRAY AND LET GOD LEAD U. Therrbis a story in the bible were two super old persons have a babyv(one of then being like around 100 years old). If your fiance workouts, lives healthy (eating n drinking etc) has no addictions n no drama (some people are control by family members etc) I don’t see why not? Lately the typical life expectancy last I heard is around 75, if he lives unhealthy it supodse to be cut by 2p if he lives healthy add 20 [95 years ] old. I think I read the older someone is the less sperm they produce. If age is the only thing stopping you I would go to the doctors n see how I can get help to get pregnant since there are diferent things out there (a doctor will b able to tell you all your options).

My husband and I are 24 years apart. I am 27 and he is 51. We have a 2 year old and 1 on the way. Age is just a number and has nothing to do with his capabilities as a father nor his fertility level. Best of luck and congratulations!!

1 Like

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. My fiance is way older than me but I want a baby: Advice? - Mamas Uncut

Guys clock ticks too

He can get his sperm count checked out but it’s very possible.

My uncle had a son a 50 it’s possible

2 Likes

I knew a man who had a baby a 70

1 Like

Some men can make babies well into their 70s. I would get a sperm count done and talk to your ob regarding your pcos. If he truly wants a child I say go for it. We all die eventually so even if he was your age he could go tomorrow so don’t use age as an excuse to hold you back. Just make sure both kids will be financially ok if something happens to either or both of you. Good luck!

5 Likes

Look at mack jagger (sp?) He had kids and yea all those men who marry much younger women can have children so he can too

I knew a 65 year old who had a 15 year old so he had him at 50 so yes it can happen

1 Like

Client Eastwood. Alec Baldwin. And many other older men have small children at home.

2 Likes

My dad was 52 when I was born

Don’t worry. Bossing here in the Philippines got his daughter at around that age. You can always try, don’t let your fears and worries keep your what if’s a what if’s.

What the heck i was 44 and hubby was 53 when we had our last one

My husband and I had a baby and he’s 48. He’s also a urologist and took medication to up his sperm count.

Just bang 3 times a day… You should end up pergernate

8 Likes

My dad was 50 when he got his 25 year old fiancee pregnant and my brother is now 12. You’ll be fine

3 Likes

My friends father is 83 and she’s 39 yrs old. He’s been involved every step of her life :slight_smile:

I say go for it!

1 Like

Kenny Roger ( the country singer) has a set of twins boy’s in their only 18 god rest his soul

My uncle had at a baby at 53

My dad was 62 when i was born. So yeah its possible

Men can have babies until they die as long as their sperm count is good.

4 Likes

1st off it’s my fiance and I

7 Likes

Go for it! I’m 27 my kids dads 52 we’ve a 4 year old and a 17 month old.

My boyish 61 and I’m 32 we have a 1 year old son and a 10 yr daughter together ave don’t matter

I’m 32 years my husband is 59 i’m pregnant now, took us 4 years, ivf 2 miscarriages and i have pcos. Go for it, i did.

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. My fiance is way older than me but I want a baby: Advice? - Mamas Uncut

Hi hun my own dad was older than most. My mum was 35 when had me (was 36 two months later) and my dad was also 52 when I was born. I’m my dads 4th and my mums only 1. The age never matter to me tbh my dad has since passed (I’m nearly 31 now) but I’m glad he agreed with my mum to try for me.

I’d say go for it :slight_smile:

I would say age doesn’t matter as long as the baby is loved and cared for, by the sounds of it he would be an amazing dad if he cares for and loves your first born like his own. Go for it :relaxed: and good luck! X

If you are on a timeline - IVF. Best advice, don’t listen to anyone’s opinion, do what you and your partner want to do, at the end of the day it’s your lives, if your both happy, then that’s all the matters

1 Like

I’m a fellow pcos sufferer, there’s some really good support and advice groups!
PCOS UK (Verity official group)
Cysters Chat - Private Group
Xx

1 Like

My dad was 58 when I came along, 60 for my sister. He was only 85 when he died. I miss him terribly, 28 years later, and it breaks my heart he didn’t get to be a part of his grandson’s life. That being said, I am eternally grateful that he and my 37 y/o mom took that chance way back at a time when that was not the norm. They also took a huge risk because the men in his immediate family all died in their 50’s. I like to think us coming along gave him many more years :heart:. We don’t know what the future holds, embrace the present.

46 Likes

If you want more children, and he wants a baby. Why not? If you guys are healthy, aside from the PCOS there really is no reason not to… like yes he will be an older father… but age is just a number.

You can die today, tomorrow, next year… at any age. Chasing a toddler may even give him some more spice in his life!

I would talk to a doctor and go from there! Good luck!

8 Likes

This isn’t really much help my mom had a baby in 15 and her parents fought for custody and got it of course and then my sister the baby that she had also had a baby at that age and they wanted custody again now at that time they were around 60 or 50 and my sister had to move on she married they moved out of state and my grandpa was the best father figure to my nephew that he could have ever gotten my nephew does miss him a lot he’s about to be 17 he just passed away my grandpa was 87 and I asked my nephew he goes if I had to do it all over again and he was the same age none of us regret it my Grandpa was a great father three times to three different generations :heart:

41 Likes

Just make sure he has a good life insurance. And that you have a good life insurance as well. That way the children will be taken care of regardless. And best wishes for you and yours…

16 Likes

I am the youngest sibling, I am almost 25 and my dad is 73 he had me when he was 48 almost 49. My mom is 12 years younger than him and is about to turn 61. I had an exceedingly happy childhood and my dad has always been amazing! In my opinion age is simply a number and if you both want more kids then my opinion is go for it! I hope that you get the outcome that makes you both happy!

8 Likes

My dad was 45 when I was born my mom passed away when she was 45 of cancer, I was 13. My dad is 70 and he is my best friend… you truly never know but good luck to you :heart:

6 Likes

I’m 21 and 31 weeks pregnant with My 41yo hubby’s baby.

My dad is 76…he was 55 when I was born, it is possible.

1 Like

Me and my husband are 18 years apart I’m 32 he’s 50 our youngest is 2 it is possible at his age to have more but it’s more on yall if yall want kids and if yall are willing to raise the kids knowing that’s my personal opinion the age difference doesn’t matter to us and we’re able to have kids don’t let no body tear you down telling you you can’t cuz of his age and blah blah it’s nobody decisions besides yalls but yes he can still have kids and so can you

There’s nothing wrong with having an older parent, but it can be tough later. My mom had me when she was 40, my dad was 28, there is a huge gap between my siblings and I. I’m the baby by more than a decade. My mom would be older than most of my friends grandparents, everyone always mistook my sister as my mom. My mom passed when I was 10 and I went to live with my sister. My dad passed when I was 22, I’m 30 now. My parents had copd but my mom’s sister is 10y older than her and didn’t smoke, she’s 82 and still going strong and she has kids my age and younger she adopted and she hasn’t a missed a thing, has been there for every child’s big events and even lost one of my cousins to a drunk driver his graduation night.

I personally believe it sucks to lose your parent no matter what age you are you can be in your teens you can be in your twenties if you can be in your thirties you can be under 10 and something could unexpectedly happen if you both want to have a child together than I say go for it as long as that child is raised with love within the first few years that’s all that matters

5 Likes

I don’t know why anyone is laughing at this it’s not funny at all I completely understand what it’s like to desperately want to have another child and if he is willing to be a father at his age then I say go for it try and try and try if it happens it happens and if not at least you guys had fun practicing. And if anything look at all the famous people who have had children later on in life if they can do it why can’t you.

6 Likes

Have the baby if you guys want, we are all at risk for dying tomorrow doesn’t matter age or circumstances gotta live day by day.

12 Likes

My nephew and his wife just had a little girl he’s 52 she’s 32 and this baby had brought them so much joy. I think she’s just a few weeks old. So if you both want to I say go for it

Don’t live your life worried about whether he will be around because tomorrow isn’t promised for anyone! You could be a young parent and still die! I lost my mom to cancer and I’m happy I got 31 great years with her!

16 Likes

Girl! My husband and I are 25 years apart! I’m 26 and he is 51. He didn’t have any kids when we met (me 18 & him 44). So we’ve been together almost 8 years. We have a almost 3 year old, second just turned 1, and I’m 10 weeks pregnant. If your husband wants kids and you do too, then go for it! :heart: My inbox is open!

6 Likes

Honestly anyone can say anything but it’s your opinion that matters. Any one of us could die in a car accident, have a unforseen life threatening medical event etc. Life isn’t predictable and it never will be.

51 Likes

I have lots of friends who have older dads (70s) and they’re in their early to mid 20s. I have a friend that is watching her parents decline and I see how that impacts her. She is devastated. I’m so glad I won’t have to endure watching my mom (the way she is watching her dad) for a long time. She calls me crying sometimes because she doesn’t think he will make it to walk her down the aisle, or even be able to. It’s completely up to you, but as a friend of someone who is that child I’m not sure. Do whatever makes y’all hearts soar

14 Likes

My dad is 87 and I’m 39. He was 48 whenI was born , my mom is 13 years younger than him. Everyone growing up thought he was my grandfather! He is my honesty my best friend & l couldn’t have asked for a better dad or pop pop for my kids.

6 Likes

My husband is 15 yrs older than me. He’s 47 getting ready to turn 48 & I’m 33 & we tried for over 4 yrs to get pregnant but unfortunately I lost the baby at 7 weeks. We tried again & exactly 1 yr later, I was pregnant with our now 7 yr old daughter. It’s still possible. Just one thing though. Don’t stress about it. That always tends to make it worse. Trust me, I know, it’s easier said than done when you want it so bad. But don’t ever give up hope. Best wishes to you both hun. :heart:

20 Likes

If you are both healthy and able bodied I say go for it. Cannot predict the future or how long a life any of us will live. Children are a blessing and that child will cherish a parent that loves them whether they are older parents or not. It did make me want to have my daughter younger because my parents adopted us in their mid 40s and I was 10 yrs old. Sadly my dad had a lot of health issues that took him way too soon he was 62. My daughter misses him and it breaks my heart not having him here. But I would never take back my time with him or ever wish they had decided not to adopt based on their age alone.

26 Likes

My dad was 40 years older than me… he passed away this year, 3 months before i turned 27. It sucks losing my dad this young BUT i LOVE my dad. I was always a daddy’s girl. A lot of wisdom came with his old age. He passed from a sudden stroke at 66 and he should’ve had some more good years left in him, while i wish i could have had him longer, i would never wish to replace him with a younger dad. He was my dad and im SO GRATEFUL for the time i did get to have with him even if it wasn’t long enough.

9 Likes

The only one that could really answer this is a doctor. Get a clean bill of health and such and see if he’s able to

17 Likes

I’m 30 and my fiance is 44.
We have three year old twins.
Age shouldn’t factor in that much- we never even planned to have kids and boom here’s two for you :wink:.
You love the man and he loves you, you do what you feel is right.

I know of people around his age who have had kids and there are definitely ups and downs. There are also poss. Health risks with older dads as there are with older moms. But also older dads can give a lot of love and there can totally be up sides to older parents and if it is right for you then I say go for it. Hes already a dad to a young one (your daughter I mean) by the sounds of it so 6 years isn’t a huge difference.

1 Like

Life is an ever changing thing, and you’ve got the chance now to have a baby with him if you want to. If it’s what makes you happy go ahead & try for it. It’s your life. Drive it like you stole it.

7 Likes

My husband is 44 and I’m 32. We have a 2.5 yr old. He was worried about the same thing (being an “old man”) when she graduates etc. But he’s a great father. Plenty of activities when she’s young that she will cherish. I also had fertility issues. We thought I wasn’t able to have kids and but my hubby got the family he always wanted

3 Likes

My partner is 9 years older than me. I think age doesn’t matter as long as he will be a good father. It’s up to the both of you . I have pcos too. It took me years to have a successful natural pregnancy.

2 Likes

I had a good friend in high school who had older parents. If he’s generally healthy, I say go for it. And even if something does happen in regards to his age, that will be what your kid knows, his normal. Which is no worse than any other reality any other kid/teen faces growing up.

1 Like

My dad is 70 this year and my brother is just turning 16… possible and tbh not problem. My dad even says the more kids the longer he lives… you’ll be fine

1 Like

Do what makes you both happy now… live in the now! Life is way too short to be anything but happy! Age is just a number and nobody is guaranteed tomorrow. Doesn’t matter what anyone else thinks as long as the two of you are happy together! My sister died at the age of 22 and had a 9 month old son. My brother died at the age of 36 and had 3 children ages 17, 14, and 13. Discuss it, make sure its what you both definitely want, and go for it… don’t live with what ifs and regrets later! Best wishes and good luck!

2 Likes

It is very possible. My friend had two babies with her now ex husband who is i think 23 maybe more years older than her.

2 Likes

I was adopted when I was 4 by my grandma. I’m 26 and she turns 90 next month. She’s told me some days were definitely more difficult than others but honestly that’s just parenting as a whole.
Have you talked to him about it to see his opinion? Maybe he’d be 100% up for it regardless of his age

1 Like

David Jason (Guy who plays Del Boy in only fools and horses) was 61 when he had his first child so yes it’s completely possible for your fiancé to have a child together :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Just keep in mind that it doesn’t matter how old a parent is they can pass early. I was 27 when my dad passed he was only 56. If you both want a child go for it. Don’t worry what others think about it.

1 Like

ok so between my husband and myself we do not have a big age gap (both under 40) but I will give you some advice we have 8 children ranging from 15 to 24!! yes three out of those are from a previous marriage but were raised and still is considered family. we have 5 grandchildren one on the way AND are also in the process of adopting a newborn baby!!! ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE!!

on the other hand you can also find a surrogate or have yourself artificial insemination just a thought

GOOD LUCK ON YOUR JOURNEY!!

1 Like

My mom was 26 and my dad was 54 with my brother then for my sister she was 34 my dad was 62 for me and my twin my mom was 38 my dad 66 so age is nothing but a number but it does suck because we didn’t get long with my dad he passed when i was 19 years old and for me i was 27 my son father was 40

Honestly, you can look back on your life with regrets. I say try! Children are a blessing. Also try EU natural the medicine called conception. I read a lot of people who have trouble getting pregnant from diagnosis etc ended up having a good experience from that! Me being one! Good luck to you!

I am sorry to say this but 52 is to old. It will be hard when your daughter is older to watch her dad pass so young. My dad had me at 46 and he often gets mistaken as my grandpa. I know that’s probably what you don’t want to hear.

I honestly don’t see the problem if he’s in decent health. If you’re both willing and able, go make babies!

I understand why your concerned about him having a child that late in life. A child’s a blessing regardless of age. I say, go meet with a doctor.

My mom was 40 when she had me, and she passed away young, at 59. I was only 19. Loosing a parent young sucks. It does. But we have memories together, and surrounded by other family members. I wouldn’t worry about the age thing. Don’t dwell on the future on what might happen. Try for the baby. If you don’t, you’ll spend your future thinking “what if”.

My dad’s dad was 52 when he had my dad so is possible and that was 68 years ago with modern medicine nowadays I’m sure he’ll be fine. I’d get both of you checked if you have pcos.

I am 35 my fiancé is 55. We’ve been together for 12yrs and have a 6yr old son. I so wanted another baby and he agreed so we tried a few years ago but sadly we lost her. I wanted to try again even worse but then my son was diagnosed with autism and I began to see how much more time our 6yr old needed and how I started getting afraid my fiancé possibly could not be here to help our son and it breaks my heart. So we decided to not have another baby and he got fixed. After all that my fiancé told me how he was worried how he would keep up with a new baby and our son as he aged. I think each couple is different and each situation is different. You will ultimately figure it out. Best wishes hon

Men up until the day they die can produce sperm. Go for it. Just realize that he will be 70 when that child turns 18. I know a lot of older parents (specifically fathers) but I don’t see them very active or involved with the pregnancy or taking care of them. Teenage years are tough. Is he ready to commit to that? Is he willing to make out a will immediately and get life insurance to make sure the child is covered? These are all points that should be brought up BEFORE you go actively trying.

1 Like

Men can bear children until the day they die. As far as PCOS goes, it’s hard to say. You may struggle to become pregnant and you may not. If it’s something you two decide you want to try, go for it.

My papa still squirted them out at 55 and my husband is currently going to be 42 with a new born and a 6 year old. He’s good sis prob still very fertile . Good luck

My partner and I have a big age gap. He was 51 when we had our first and 52 when we had our second :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

My grandpa literally had another child at 75… It’s very possible. Even though I wouldn’t recommend it. But that’s a personal opinion and y’all’s own choice.

My husband died at the age of 39 leaving a 14 and 7 year old

1 Like

Just make sure you are financially secure without him. I say to every female if you choose to have a child prepare to do it alone.

My dad is 13 years older than my mom, my little brother was born when my dad was 52. Anything is possible.

My dad was 20 yrs older than my mom. He died when I was 21. He never got to meet his grandchildren and I don’t remember alot about him. My mom had it hard due to the age difference. As they got older the age difference started to show alot more. More arguments he declined as she was still in her prime. I watched it with my own eyes. I would thank God for the one you already have and let him be a father to that one. Im not trying to deture you but I agree In the world we live in now I wouldn’t dare bring a child into this world. Its only gonna get worse.

My grandfather get married again when he was almost 70 and he’s wife get pregnant, he died when the boy was 5yo. So, it’s posible.

Lots of older gentlemen have babies, my brother in law is older then your fiancé and my sister in law just turned 26 they just had a baby in May

1 Like

As far as men go, they can father children until late in life if things are working enough to perform the act. It’s not like women that way. But it is something you need to deeply talk about, as far as aging abs fatherhood. Be very real, calm and concise, and be comfortable with your decision, both of you, before you proceed.

My FIL is 61 and popped his last one out just a couple of years ago, so dont see why not. You guys need to see what factors you face in order to make the decision. I know people older than him that are fit healthy and dont even look their age, but other are the complete opposite. Choice is yours

2 Likes

My fiancée and I recently went thru same! We couldn’t naturally and had to seek help!! Best wishes and luck to you!!

If you’re both on the same page to have a baby, go for it. Sit down and discuss the situation and get both of your reproduction checked medically :heart:

My mother in law was 49 when she had her youngest. She was still young enough to enjoy him. Hes 30 now. Id ask him if he feels like he can be there for the child.

My dad was 52 when his youngest was born hes 59 now and shes keeping him young for sure!

There’s a 9.5yr age gap between my hubby(43) and I(34). We have 7yr old. My dad died past away before my 27 bday and just 5 months before my son was born.

Is he a healthy 52 year old?

2 Likes

My dad was 57 and 59 when my youngest brothers came along. It’s definitely possible.

My dad was 45 when I was born. I lost him in 2019 and I was 37. Everyday, every single day, I think about him, and wish I had a lot more time with him. Growing up with an older father was fine, but my older brothers were in their 60’s when he passed. What I wouldn’t have done to have that many years with him. The age difference is hard because unfortunately you really don’t get that much of your adulthood with them. His death almost broke me.

Good luck with that hope you don’t reside at the pine Street inn remember Love is blind and marriage is the eye opener

Men can have babies until they pass usually. Personally though I wouldn’t want to have a newborn at that age.

I’m early 30s and my husband is early 50s. We just had our second child this year. If you want another child, go for it. Don’t overthink it.